Most Innocent People Try to Delay Trials, Experts Say

Most Innocent People Try to Delay Trials, Experts Say

Prominent legal experts believe that defendants who are innocent of a crime will usually do everything humanly possible to delay their trials.

Professor Davis Logsdon, who teaches a course about the behavior of innocent defendants at the University of Minnesota Law School, said that if a defendant is strenuously trying to have his trial delayed, there is no clearer evidence that he is innocent of all charges against him.

Generally speaking, people who have done nothing wrong want to push the day when their name is cleared as far into the future as they can, he said. They will spend a massive amount on legal fees to have a cloud of suspicion hover over them for as long as possible.

He said that there are other signs that a person is completely innocent, including claiming immunity from all charges, defaming the judge and his or her children, and calling the trial a ‘disgrace’ or a ‘witch-hunt.’

If someone does all of those things, it’s so obvious he’s innocent that the case should be dismissed immediately, he said. The fact that such  a trial is allowed to proceed is worrisome proof that our legal system is broken. 

;)

Donald Trump Seems Well Aware He’s in Legal Peril

Whatever the weaknesses of the New York case against him, and it’s possibly the least consequential and muscular of the myriad federal and state charges he faces, Trump seems well aware that he’s in peril. He continuously ramped up efforts to postpone the trial, and only seemed to grow more unspooled and histrionic each time the court rejected him. 

More evidence of his innocence. LMAO

6.png

Are you insinuating that Trump is innocent, or did you somehow think ths made him look guilty because you're stupid?

Prominent legal experts believe that defendants who are innocent of a crime will usually do everything humanly possible to delay their trials.

Sure. Whatever. That doesn't mean "all", but I'll play your game:

Let's agree that innocent people usually try to delay their trials...

Trump seems well aware that he’s in peril. He continuously ramped up efforts to postpone the trial,

So, by your own comments, Trump is trying to do the exact same thing other innocent people usually do.

Are you trying to make the case that Trump is innocent?

Do you not know that delay and postpone are synonyms? Are those words too big for you?

Sorry, there I go using another big word lol. FYI delay and postpone mean the same thing. The words are interchangeable. Doh! The words can be used in place of each other.

Eg, to paraphrase, one could say:  "defendants who are innocent of a crime will usually do everything humanly possible to postpone their trials" and the meaning of that sentence would be unchanged.

By the same token, one could say "Trump continuously ramped up efforts to postpone the trial", and the meaning would be the exact same for all intents and purposes. 

So what's the deal now? Are you going to try to tell me that delay and postpone are antonyms now? 

FYI by antonyms I don't mean Antonio, Antoine, Anthony, etc. I mean 'words with opposite meanings'. 

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Are you insinuating that Trump is innocent, or did you somehow think ths made him look guilty because you're stupid?

Sure. Whatever. That doesn't mean "all", but I'll play your game:

Let's agree that innocent people usually try to delay their trials...

So, by your own comments, Trump is trying to do the exact same thing other innocent people usually do.

Are you trying to make the case that Trump is innocent?

Do you not know that delay and postpone are synonyms? Are those words too big for you?

Sorry, there I go using another big word lol. FYI delay and postpone mean the same thing. The words are interchangeable. Doh! The words can be used in place of each other.

Eg, to paraphrase, one could say:  "defendants who are innocent of a crime will usually do everything humanly possible to postpone their trials" and the meaning of that sentence would be unchanged.

By the same token, one could say "Trump continuously ramped up efforts to postpone the trial", and the meaning would be the exact same for all intents and purposes. 

So what's the deal now? Are you going to try to tell me that delay and postpone are antonyms now? 

FYI by antonyms I don't mean Antonio, Antoine, Anthony, etc. I mean 'words with opposite meanings'. 

The Borowitz Report is a satire paper. They're like the onion or the beaverton or the like.

The problem here seems to be that robosmith didn't realize it was supposed to be satire and is quoting it as a real article. :)   Unfortunately his creator didn't program him with human emotions like humour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

The Borowitz Report is a satire paper. They're like the onion or the beaverton or the like.

The problem here seems to be that robosmith didn't realize it was supposed to be satire and is quoting it as a real article. :)   Unfortunately his creator didn't program him with human emotions like humour.

If robo is a bot, he's inside of a Commodore Vic 20.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If robo is a bot, he's inside of a Commodore Vic 20.

You NOT RECOGNIZING nor even CLICKING on the link, shows it is you who is the FOOL for not understanding sarcasm when you read it. LMAO

And CdnLIAR is smarter than you, except Borowitz is a SATIRE COLUMN.

Edited by robosmith

1 minute ago, gatomontes99 said:

Ah, so taking the time to properly prepare a defense now means you are guilty. Lol

Robo's cognitive bias warps anything that happens into proof that Trump did something.

If he gets beaten up by a 12 yr old at the 7/11 it's proof of Russian collusion. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Robo's cognitive bias warps anything that happens into proof that Trump did something.

If he gets beaten up by a 12 yr old at the 7/11 it's proof of Russian collusion. 

^WCM continually DENIES STRONG EVIDENCE of Trump's guilt on ANYTHING. Even his pathological LIES.

To him, even the Republican led Senate Intel Committee report conclusions are not evidence of Russian collusion. 🤮

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

^WCM continually DENIES STRONG EVIDENCE of Trump's guilt on ANYTHING. Even his pathological LIES.

To him, even the Republican led Senate Intel Committee report conclusions are not evidence of Russian collusion. 🤮

robowarped has been indoctrinated into thinking that leftism is the foundation of all things factual and true. 

24 minutes ago, Deluge said:

robowarped has been indoctrinated into thinking that leftism is the foundation of all things factual and true. 

EVIDENCE is the foundation of all things factual and TRUE.

It is obvious that you don't understand that since you never post EVIDENCE, just ^your OPINIONS.

12 minutes ago, robosmith said:

EVIDENCE is the foundation of all things factual and TRUE.

It is obvious that you don't understand that since you never post EVIDENCE, just ^your OPINIONS.

Not in your twisted world. 

LEFTISM is the foundation of everything you stand for. 

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

A satire article meant to be a joke is "strong evidence"?

I think the only thing 'strong' here is your cough syrup.

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

That's already been determined by YOU, comrade. I'm just here to acknowledge your devotion to woke leftism. ;) 

You're always here to post your DELUGINAL LIES.

2 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

Oi it isn't and the court specifically instructs jurors to not read into legal maneuvers.

No evidence for ^this OPINION. I've been in court and NEVER heard ^this instruction. Did you read that on FOS LIES? LMAO

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

No evidence for ^this OPINION. I've been in court and NEVER heard ^this instruction.

ROFLMAO!!!!  Well there you go folks - Robosmith was in court once (as the defendant presumably) and has there fore heard Every instruction that is ever given to a jury  :)  

I assume your lawyer got you off based on insanity? I mean reading your posts here would be more than enough proof of that :)