The Woke Mind Virus

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sometimes I give my toddler chocolate for breakfast, just so we can move on.

As an adult activist, what your toddler will appreciate the most is your tireless efforts for leftism. 

Edited by Deluge

Disney is up past its eyeballs in the woke illness. It used to be family friendly; now it's a clear and present danger to everyone, including investors. 

"Disney has harmed investors with ‘woke’ agenda pushing ‘anti-police and anti-White content’: letter"

https://nypost.com/2024/03/27/media/disney-has-harmed-investors-with-woke-agenda-letter/

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

The woke mind virus has made its way into America's school system. 

This was from a year ago, and apparently it's still going on. 

Florida schools move to ban ‘furries’ items to curb ‘barking and meowing’

https://nypost.com/2023/05/12/fla-district-moves-to-ban-furry-items-to-curb-barking-and-meowing/

"A tense Brevard County School Board meeting turned feral this week after members raised concerns"

LOL - i see what they did there :)  

So anyway - the fact that this is enough of a problem that it requires special rules is just insane.  I was raised (as were my friends) to pay attention in class or pay the price.  Screwing around like that and 'mewing' and grunting at each other like animals in class would not have been tolerated WITHOUT any extra rules by the teachers OR the parents.

What a world we've come to that this is actually a problem.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

"A tense Brevard County School Board meeting turned feral this week after members raised concerns"

LOL - i see what they did there :)  

So anyway - the fact that this is enough of a problem that it requires special rules is just insane.  I was raised (as were my friends) to pay attention in class or pay the price.  Screwing around like that and 'mewing' and grunting at each other like animals in class would not have been tolerated WITHOUT any extra rules by the teachers OR the parents.

What a world we've come to that this is actually a problem.

And they keep pushing the boundaries. 

I mean, my God, how far do we let these lunatics go before we actually do something as a citizenry? 

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

And they keep pushing the boundaries. 

I mean, my God, how far do we let these lunatics go before we actually do something as a citizenry? 

I suppose it might be wise to pipe up before kids are actually having anal sex in class.  At least till they're out of elementary :)  

The problem is that we tend these days to tell them when they can't do a specific thing or not rather than telling them what we expect of them precisely in the first place.

Parents let their kids run around and if they do something wrong they'll say "oh honey, don't do THAT", but they won't sit them down and say "you're going to school. Here's what we expect, you will pay attention, you will arrive on time, you will be prepared and you will be respectful of the teachers and other kids".

Of course they're going to push the boundaries.

And then they grow up to be leftie loonies who keep pushing the boundaries.  And because there's no concensus on what represents polite behaviour the country tends to struggle.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I suppose it might be wise to pipe up before kids are actually having anal sex in class.  At least till they're out of elementary :)  

The problem is that we tend these days to tell them when they can't do a specific thing or not rather than telling them what we expect of them precisely in the first place.

Parents let their kids run around and if they do something wrong they'll say "oh honey, don't do THAT", but they won't sit them down and say "you're going to school. Here's what we expect, you will pay attention, you will arrive on time, you will be prepared and you will be respectful of the teachers and other kids".

Of course they're going to push the boundaries.

And then they grow up to be leftie loonies who keep pushing the boundaries.  And because there's no concensus on what represents polite behaviour the country tends to struggle.

Yeah, you're right. It's got to start with the parents, and that's always been the case, really. The problem is that the Left-wing has been working for decades to destroy traditional families and they've been largely successful. 

It really needs to be a two pronged attack. 

1. To get traditional, responsible parenting back to the forefront of society. 

2. To stamp out attacks on traditional, responsible, parenting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Correct. But state boards are letting them fly anyways. They insist that it's not indoctrination, but that's complete bullshit. 

It's sexual messaging and at very least, needs to be banned at elementary schools.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It's sexual messaging and at very least, needs to be banned at elementary schools.

Absolutely. 

Vivek Ramaswamy is right. The US Board of Education needs to be wiped out, and state boards need to be filled with concerned parents and grandparents, only. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

As long as you have the first amendment and the Internet.. you are going to have some degree of wokeness in the more populated areas. There is no way to unring the bell. 

Sure there is. You just remove the bells from the school systems. Problem solved - at least at that level. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

So then what do you do with the adult population? Revoke their first amendment rights, ban the internet... and you think that this is possible.. hmm...

Stop crying. 

I'm talking about our school systems. We need to remove the bell in our SCHOOL systems.