Trump told Pence certifying the election would be "career killer"

The Guardian: Trump told Pence certifying the election would be "political career killer"

“Mike, this is a political career killer if you do this,” Trump told Pence by phone on the morning of January 6, the New York Times reported, citing a transcript of testimony to the House committee that investigated the deadly attack on Congress that unfolded later that day.

That's it: whether one's perpetually mad at the "lefties" or brainlessly cheered for a new Idol this is the end of the line. Instructing and threatening a subordinate to break the law and undermine the democratic will of the people has to be a crime in any interpretation and jurisdiction that is compatible with the principles of democracy.

One's choice is simple here, really: to prosecute the lying crook aspiring to become authoritarian dictator to the full extent of the law; or assume and accept this kind of behavior as new normality: and descend into the banana world.

There's nothing left in between. Just make your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not as cut and dried as you state. Trump has an out, just like most of his DOUBLE TALK.

He ONLY meant that his MAGA CULT will never forgive Pence; but the MAGA CULT dominance is already receding, and will someday disappear, giving Pence a future in politics again.

Coercing a democratic official into a major violation of law, and a subversion of democracy is as crooked as it gets and as criminal as it gets. It is really as cut and dried as it looks. There are no escapes left.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, myata said:

descend into the banana world

The US is already a banana republic.

Am sorry, but don't mean no disrespect, but I don't see how it is not.

Trump becoming a dictator would be the final nail in its coffin, but looking at the crime level, poverty, brazen crime I don't understand how this is not already the walls, paint and driveway already built of the home of the richest third world country on the planet.

I'm taking a new tack on all of this - that it's actually a normal phenomenon wherein media changes upend the public sphere.  You CAN turn a sphere upside down.  Charlatans take the opportunity to inflame chuds and gain an advantage to grasp at and sometimes seize power.

But the bad news is that the chuds are always there, creeping like a fungus.  They have to be minded and tended to... but you probably won't ever educate them.  To do so would require all of us to be more aware of our ideologies.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm taking a new tack on all of this - that it's actually a normal phenomenon wherein media changes upend the public sphere.  You CAN turn a sphere upside down.  Charlatans take the opportunity to inflame chuds and gain an advantage to grasp at and sometimes seize power.

But the bad news is that the chuds are always there, creeping like a fungus.  They have to be minded and tended to... but you probably won't ever educate them.  To do so would require all of us to be more aware of our ideologies.

The sad part is leftists in America have spent decades patiently "educating" students to be stupid. We are now reaping what they have sown. 

9 hours ago, myata said:

The Guardian: Trump told Pence certifying the election would be "political career killer"

“Mike, this is a political career killer if you do this,” Trump told Pence by phone on the morning of January 6, the New York Times reported, citing a transcript of testimony to the House committee that investigated the deadly attack on Congress that unfolded later that day.

That's it: whether one's perpetually mad at the "lefties" or brainlessly cheered for a new Idol this is the end of the line. Instructing and threatening a subordinate to break the law and undermine the democratic will of the people has to be a crime in any interpretation and jurisdiction that is compatible with the principles of democracy.

One's choice is simple here, really: to prosecute the lying crook aspiring to become authoritarian dictator to the full extent of the law; or assume and accept this kind of behavior as new normality: and descend into the banana world.

"THE DEADLY ATTACK!!!"

lol

39 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

The sad part is leftists in America have spent decades patiently "educating" students to be stupid. We are now reaping what they have sown. 

The problem isn't leftists/rightists - it's chuds of both flavours - spelling intentional.

Stop making enemies of half of the nation and instead bring back politics.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The problem isn't leftists/rightists - it's chuds of both flavours - spelling intentional.

I didn't make enemies of half the nation the leftist did that. The talking pig in a pant suit did that when she called people "deplorable". Get your head out of your .... Also maybe you dont know this because you live in Canada but in America leftists will stop being friends with people if they find out they support trump. I dont know any conservative who has stopped being friends with Biden supporters. Stop you silliness. 

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is offtop but it goes against the essence and the grain of the binary politics. Every little tweak that works for one has to be against the other, and so has to increase the division and polarization until the extremes can no longer see the human in each other. You can preach to the water that it should flow upwards or even fly but it would be very unnatural and would have very little chance of happening. The way back to normality in politics lies through changing the system.

• Thanks 1

So we have a top official instructing his next in line or even threatening them, to usurp the power, essentially, the treason. This is as third world as it gets, obviously. Let's see what could be the excuses and if we get any. Never happened because the buffoon never lied? What else? Curious.

11 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

The US is already a banana republic.

Am sorry, but don't mean no disrespect, but I don't see how it is not.

Trump becoming a dictator would be the final nail in its coffin, but looking at the crime level, poverty, brazen crime I don't understand how this is not already the walls, paint and driveway already built of the home of the richest third world country on the planet.

You "don't see how it is not" means NOTHING except your own blindness.

You're contradicting YOURSELF. Rich means NOT "third world." Duh.

And you've presented NO EVIDENCE of "crime level, poverty, brazen crime."

Crime is way down during Biden's term and you don't even know about that.

Violent crime is dropping fast in the U.S. — even if Americans don't believe it

In 2020, the United States experienced one of its most dangerous years in decades.

The number of murders across the country surged by nearly 30% between 2019 and 2020, according to FBI statistics. The overall violent crime rate, which includes murder, assault, robbery and rape, inched up around 5% in the same period.

But in 2023, crime in America looked very different.

"At some point in 2022 — at the end of 2022 or through 2023 — there was just a tipping point where violence started to fall and it just continued to fall," said Jeff Asher, a crime analyst and co-founder of AH Datalytics.

In cities big and small, from both coasts, violence has dropped.

7 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Too bad you have NO EVIDENCE for ^this OPINION. AKA you just made it up.

People stating crime is dropping fast, while there are high amounts of mass shootings, shootings in general, looting in some places and stores being forced out of others due to it, is like a prostitute telling you she's the cleanest one on the block.

Sure, you wish to believe it. Probably should. Stats may confirm it.

But something about it seems fishy.

3 hours ago, Yakuda said:

I didn't make enemies of half the nation the leftist did that. The talking pig in a pant suit did that when she called people "deplorable". Get your head out of your .... Also maybe you dont know this because you live in Canada but in America leftists will stop being friends with people if they find out they support trump. I dont know any conservative who has stopped being friends with Biden supporters. Stop you silliness. 

I am still friends with my neighbor who is a staunch Trump supporter because unlike Trump he is a nice guy, so you don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

OTOH, I went on a vacation to Egypt with a work buddy in 2020 and only learned about his support for Trump during the trip. I stopped being friends with him because like Trump he is an a-hole who would not consider ANY evidence that Trump is, too, and that his allegations he heard about Obama on FOS LIES were NOT true.

So you see, your generalizations are completely IGNORANT.

5 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

It's still ridiculously high, as is the murder rate and rates of shootings.

It being down, doesn't point to it being low.

Neither does your complete lack of EVIDENCE.

I'll bet the only crime which is higher in the US than Canada is gun violence.

6 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Neither does your complete lack of EVIDENCE

You need evidence to know there are a lot of lives being lost to guns in the US?

That there is a growing trend regarding mass shootings that aren't every few years anymore? 

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I'll bet the only crime which is higher in the US than Canada is gun violence.

Isn't that like pointing to similarities between a crackhead and pothead is that they are both doing drugs?

Very few would pick being a crackhead.

Heck, even those facing war, near famine and drug related violence.

16 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

People stating crime is dropping fast, while there are high amounts of mass shootings, shootings in general, looting in some places and stores being forced out of others due to it, is like a prostitute telling you she's the cleanest one on the block.

Sure, you wish to believe it. Probably should. Stats may confirm it.

But something about it seems fishy.

Sorry, but your standard of "seems fishy" means NOTHING.

Right wingers here pretend the border is a disaster, but I live within 30 miles of the busiest Mexican border crossing and it doesn't affect me AT ALL, except that my vegetables are more expensive due to a labor shortage for pickers.

You  understand how little such anecdotal evidence means?

9 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

You need evidence to know there are a lot of lives being lost to guns in the US?

That there is a growing trend regarding mass shootings that aren't every few years anymore? 

Isn't that like pointing to similarities between a crackhead and pothead is that they are both doing drugs?

Very few would pick being a crackhead.

Heck, even those facing war, near famine and drug related violence.

I'll bet that knife violence is higher in Canada than the US just like it is in UK. Pick your poison.

6 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Right wingers here pretend the border is a disaster

Your border has more holes than Rosie O'Donnell's briefs.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

but I live within

I have family who live in Haiti and are relatively safe. By your logic, it should be safe to have a vacation there. Its still a s***hole. Am a Haitian no less. 

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I'll bet that knife violence is higher in Canada than the US just like it is in UK. Pick your poison.

Again, you're a prostitute with HIV, looking down at others who wear clothing that is too skimpy.

36 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Your border has more holes than Rosie O'Donnell's briefs.

Doesn't bother me. We have many much MORE PRESSING problems.

Like too many gun nuts with AR style rifles and a chip on their shoulder, like that one on yours.

I have family who live in Haiti and are relatively safe. By your logic, it should be safe to have a vacation there. Its still a s***hole. Am a Haitian no less. 

Probably safe for blacks with dreads.

Again, you're a prostitute with HIV, looking down at others who wear clothing that is too skimpy.

No, I'm pointing out that your anecdotal evidence means NOTHING.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

We have many much MORE PRESSING problems.

Understatement of the year.

Probably safe for blacks with dreads.

Change dreads with assault rifles, and you have a point. 

I'm pointing out

Am pointing out your flawed logic.

On 3/21/2024 at 11:48 PM, myata said:

Trump said a lot of stuff. but what the democrats are saying is "smash patriotism and let us install a one party system - OUR party system". 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Trump said a lot of stuff.

OK we've got one. An aspiring dictator can say, and try to do anything at all - and all of that, and any, will be that other guy's fault. More astounding revelations?