Bring back capital punishment

13 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

You cannot judge your neighbour for his crimes because you don't want to be judge for your crimes. I am just not you. The rules you applies to you is the same rule you must apply to your neighbour

Of course I am under the same law as everyone else.  You are not making sense.

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I have a conscience and don't use a book as a crutch to justify putting people to death.

You don't believe murderers should receive capital punishment, but you are probably ok with doctor-assisted suicide and killing of unborn babies in abortion, right?  You say your conscience is your guide, but just means whatever you happen to believe or more likely what some liberal or progressive told you.  That is contrary to the Bible which says all are sinners and have a corrupt heart.  That means your guide is fallen corrupt humans, i.e.  humanism.  That is just a form of paganism or heathenism.  Whatever the tribe decides must be the way to go.  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes I am OK with doctor assisted suicide because it is the individuals choice. Funny that you are so protective of fetuses but have no problem with putting adults to death.

There is a world of difference between capital punishment for a convicted murderer and taking someone's life who is not being punished for murder, but just because someone thinks a person has a right to take his own life or give someone assisted suicide.  

God has taught that human life is sacred and only God has the right to decide when it ends.  You or anyone else has no right to decide to actively end someone else's life or even your own life.  God said in his word "thou shalt not kill" and in another place in Scripture it says our bodies belong to God.  He created us in his image.   Therefore only God has the right to take life.  

The exception to this is for a convicted murderer.  Such a person has taken the life of someone who was created in the image of God and therefore it is just that he forfeit his life through the proper legal system.  

The unborn baby is a human made in the image of God and his/her life is sacred just as much as any other person.

Edited by blackbird

Doctor assisted suicide is not taking someone's life, it is giving them control over their own lives.

God has taught that human life is sacred and only God has the right to decide when it ends.  You or anyone else has no right to decide to actively end someone else's life.  God said in his word "thou shalt not kill" and in another place in Scripture it says our bodies belong to God.  He created us in his image.   Therefore only God has the right to take life.  

Yet you think you are justified in killing in Gods name.

You religious types are just control freaks.

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes I am OK with doctor assisted suicide because it is the individuals choice. Funny that you are so protective of fetuses but have no problem with putting adults to death.

The fact you would think a convicted murderer has the right not to receive capital punishment while an innocent unborn baby does not have that right shows you how convoluted and warped your thinking is.

In general, the world is deceived by Satan and his minions.  That explains why many people cannot understand the concept of the sanctity of life and when justice is appropriate for murderers.  Satan has deceived you.  You probably don't even believe he exists, which is perfectly find with him.  He doesn't want you to believe in him or God's word.  That is how he rules the world.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

The fact you would think a convicted murderer has the right not to receive capital punishment while an innocent unborn baby does not have that right shows you how convoluted and warped your thinking is.

In general, the world is deceived by Satan and his minions.  That explains why many people cannot understand the concept of the sanctity of life and when justice is appropriate for murderers.  Satan has deceived you.  You probably don't even believe he exists, which is perfectly find with him.  He doesn't want you to believe in him or God's word.  That is how he rules the world.

You believe in killing adult humans but not a woman's dominion over her own body. You are a control freak.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Doctor assisted suicide is not taking someone's life, it is giving them control over their own lives.

Yet you think you are justified in killing in Gods name.

You religious types are just control freaks.

No, I don't.   I oppose killing as a general rule, but believe the state has the power and responsibility to use capital punishment in certain cases such as murder after a fair trial.

You are under God's authority and will be held accountable for your rejection of it.  You reject God's commandments by supporting killing of unborn babies and assisted suicide.  

Many laws evolved from God's word down through the centuries.  Laws that outlaw stealing, protection of private property, etc.

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You believe in killing adult humans but not a woman's dominion over her own body. You are a control freak.

A unborn baby is not the woman's own body.  It is a separate human being.  That is a biological fact.

Just now, Aristides said:

It can't live outside her body.

That does not mean anything.  The unborn baby will grow and be born.  After it is born it still depends on the mother to feed it and grow.  Does that mean it is not a person?  Of course not.

Since you are opposed to God and the Bible, we know where you are coming from.  

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That does not mean anything.  The unborn baby will grow and be born.  After it is born it still depends on the mother to feed it and grow.  Does that mean it is not a person?  Of course not.

Since you are opposed to God and the Bible, we know where you are coming from.  

I'm opposed to people who try to use the Bible to control others.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'm opposed to people who try to use the Bible to control others.

You want to be free to do whatever you feel like without any restrictions.  That is not how the world works and not how God meant for man to live.

47 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You want to be free to do whatever you feel like without any restrictions.  That is not how the world works and not how God meant for man to live.

You don’t get to control how others live their own lives. You are the one who wants to put people to death, not God. You just use God as an excuse.

Edited by Aristides

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Aristides said:

You don’t get to control how others live their own lives. You are the one who wants to put people to death, not God. You just use God as an excuse.

Everyone has their own personal beliefs.  I don't make the laws but I have the right in a democracy to my views on how the country should be governed to protect society and make a better country.  It's as simple as that.  You don't believe that God and his word have a place in the world.  You believe in liberalism and soft-on-crime.  The present law and order situation is a disaster.  You have no solution.  I have some ideas. 

Edited by blackbird

32 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Everyone has their own personal beliefs.  I don't make the laws but I have the right in a democracy to my views on how the country should be governed to protect society and make a better country.  It's as simple as that.  You don't believe that God and his word have a place in the world.  You believe in liberalism and soft-on-crime.  The present law and order situation is a disaster.  You have no solution.  I have some ideas. 

You are an unjust because you want to judge and condem other people crimes but not yours. I am a just person as i don't want my crimes be condemned i don't judge or condem the crimes of others, so as a real christian i want the prisons shut down and send everybody free. Judges are just but a bunch of ass holes.

Ref Mt 7.1, Lk 6.37

The rule you use to judge others will be use for you because there can't be two justice, the one easy for you and hard for your neighbour. 

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

I want to be free of religious doctrine when it comes to making the laws I live under. You want to control people using your interpretation of the Bible as an excuse. 

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

I don't dispute your right to express your views or live your own life according to your beliefs. I fully support them. You are the one who wants to control others according to your beliefs.

This isn't about supporting crime, neither of us do that. You think it is morally acceptable to put people to death for those crimes and I don't. It is no more complicated than that.

In the New Testament the punishment is according to the golden rule of loving your neighbor as yourself and only takes place after your death, after having lived your life, if you are an unjust person and from now on you can repent, while in the Old Testament your punishment is according to the law of retaliation and takes place immediately if you are caught whether you are a just or an unjust person which means that the righteous are wrongly condemned and this It is even said that you can sometimes sacrifice an innocent person in your place, which seems to me to be a total injustice. The Old Testament is the justice of the devil or others while in the New Testament you are the implementer of justice, it is not God who condemns you it is you, God only does executed the judgment you had against yourself.

Example: Adultery, in the Old Testament you are condemned to death whether you are just or unjust right away while in the New Testament you are only condemned after your death, after having lived your whole life without to be repented of it on the condition of having been unjust, that is to say not accepting that your partner cheats on you.

I prefer the rule of justice of the New Testament to that of the Old Testament but we see that society prefers the rule of the Old Testament and applies it.