GOP religiously attack IRS because they are in bed with the 1%

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Then you don't HAVE a simplified system any more.  You've got the system we have now. 

Nonsense. The more you make the more you pay couldn't be simpler to account for or harder to avoid. 

15 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Honestly - do you spend more than 3 seconds thinking about this stuff before you start typing?take the time to learn about some of this stuff

You should follow your own advice only apply to taking a little time to learn new things.

As for this stuff, you do realize economics is merely a social science right? We can do anything we like with it notwithstanding where it runs into reality like physics.

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Nonsense. The more you make the more you pay couldn't be simpler to account for or harder to avoid. 

it's literally what we have now.  I realize as someone who doesn't earn anything on welfare you may not realize that... :) 

You should follow your own advice only apply to taking a little time to learn new things.

I'm the one who already has to explain it to you. My education isn't the issue here :)

As for this stuff, you do realize economics is merely a social science right? We can do anything we like with it notwithstanding where it runs into reality like physics.

Economics is theory but economies are very real. You can indeed do anything you like with economic theory as long as you don't try to put it into practice. At that point only the very real and serious stuff is allowed. Or we get dumpster fires like we see right now.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

it's literally what we have now.

What we have now is a ponzi scheme of loopholes and such intended to make the rich look poor.

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I'm the one who already has to explain it to you. My education isn't the issue here

You haven't explained anything. You've simply tried to muddy the waters to make them seem deep as the saying goes.

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Economics is theory but economies are very real. 

That's so deep it's practically woke.

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You can indeed do anything you like with economic theory as long as you don't try to put it into practice.

You shouldn't put any economic theory to practice in any public/social economy until everything in that economy can be accounted for. Thankfully in an increasingly cashless world we're closer to being able to do that.

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

At that point only the very real and serious stuff is allowed. Or we get dumpster fires like we see right now.

As determined and allowed by who though? We get dumpster fires because these determinations and allowances are made in unaccountable ways by people who don't want to be held to account.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What we have now is a ponzi scheme of loopholes and such intended to make the rich look poor.

So it's unclear why you'd want to go back to that

You propose a flat tax, to keep things simple - then you propose going back to a sliding scale for various income groups and make it complex again. And you didn't realize both still hinge on the definiton of income - either way your'e going to have the loopholes, it's inevitable.

You haven't explained anything. You've simply tried to muddy the waters to make them seem deep as the saying goes.

People with a brain will understand the explanation just fine.  it's not the explanation that's muddy, its your brain. And you have a preschool understanding of what you're talking about. Honestly i get headaches just trying to think down to your level.

That's so deep it's practically woke.

That's what you consider 'deep'?

I guess if you're a minnow even a glass of water seems like a lot.

You shouldn't put any economic theory to practice in any public/social economy until everything in that economy can be accounted for

That makes no sense.

Thankfully in an increasingly cashless world we're closer to being able to do that.

Sure - there's no barter or trade or under the table dealings at all in our society anymore.

As determined and allowed by who though? We get dumpster fires because these determinations and allowances are made in unaccountable ways by people who don't want to be held to account.

No, we get dumpster fires because the public fails to do it's job and vote out bad gov'ts and make better choices.

Anyone with half a brain or more could see justin had no clue about politics or money and yet voters gave him the top job and gave jagmeet who's obviously the worst snakeoil peddler in modern political history in canada 3 gov'ts.

People like you support and defend them.

Has that not happend we wouldn't have a dumpster fire. Pretty simple.  This is a YOU problem. not a politician problem. Do better.

26 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So it's unclear why you'd want to go back to that

I don't but it's clear why you'd say I do.

Here you go again.

People like you support and defend them.

Has that not happend we wouldn't have a dumpster fire. Pretty simple

Yeah well, given the sheer size of the dumpster fire I certainly don't expect these sorts of reforms will put it out without a massive reset of the entire global economy, probably in the form of another world war or global depression or both.

So yeah it looks like it'll be up to the right wing to make it happen. Should be easy enough. You guys certainly seem to think you know what you're doing - its just common sense...how hard can it be?

Edited by eyeball

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

The IRS is not all that interesting. They mostly follow instructions as prescribed by Congress and such. Yes, they supposedly targeted Conservative groups but a deep dive (which is beyond the skill of all but one on this forum) shows that there is more to the story. The fine print makes the story less John Grisham. 

except that this is an ongoing thing now since the 90's. but agreed, much of the money for the IRS this term was for upgrading IT systems (many of which are probably running COBOL) among other things completely unrelated to enforcement.

but the GOP lies about the 87k so it can ensure that there are zero more agents looking at how frickin easy it is for corporations to hide money. i know... because i do it all the time! people who are taxed at source don't have to worry about enforcement.. they're already wage slaves.

the fact that every union in the US supports Democrats and every chamber of commerce supports the GOP tells the story... if you support the GOP you are either rich or dumb. too bad for the dumb.

is Trump going to change that? did he change that last time. NOT.

Edited by godzilla

42 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I don't but it's clear why you'd say I do.

Sure. I say you do because you said you do.  Now a few minutes later you say you don't.  You've either changed your opinion or you've forgotton what you were talking about.' 

Shocked.  Shocked i am. This has never happened before. (yawn)

Yeah well, given the sheer size of the dumpster fire I certainly don't expect these sorts of reforms will put it out without a massive reset of the entire global economy, probably in the form of another world war or global depression or both.

Well - it just takes a lot of time and a generation or two to make the right choices.  It's sad they'll have to pay the price of the voting decisions of the previous generation but such is life. It kind of breaks my heart a little because those kids will have a lower quality of life and the poor will suffer the worst but that was the decision the lib and dip voters made. No changing it now.

Given time and assuming the kids make the right choices it'll get better. Which isn't to say we won't have a world war or depression during that time as well :) 

So yeah it looks like it'll be up to the right wing to make it happen. Should be easy enough. You guys certainly seem to think you know what you're doing - its just common sense...how hard can it be?

It's easy enough. It's not complex. It's not magic or the like.  But - it will take time AND it assumes that the kids don't fall for the left wing's lies again and do something stupid like vote for a hair cut or a snake oil peddler.

If the vote woke they'll go broke.

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

Their favorite FOS LIES source never does deep dives, cause it undercuts their and their viewers' prefered narrative.

Wiki:

• In October 2017, the Trump administration agreed to settle a lawsuit filed on behalf of more than four hundred conservative nonprofit groups who claimed that they had been discriminated against by the Internal Revenue Service for an undisclosed amount described by plaintiffs' counsel as "very substantial." The Trump administration also agreed to settle a second lawsuit brought by forty-one conservative organizations with an apology and an admission from the IRS that subjecting them to "heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays" was wrongful.[4][5]

Deep-dive that, stupid. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Show us. You guys will be on soon. I can't wait. 

Sure.  Like we have before. We cleaned up the mess that the first trudeau left. And mulroney BARELY qualified as right wing :)

But it'll take time. The damage that has been done is pervasive and deep.

16 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But it'll take time. The damage that has been done is pervasive and deep.

Yeah, you could probably spend the better part of a term and a half whining about the mess you inherited while focusing on reversing old social legislation and fighting in court over your own.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah, you could probably spend the better part of a term and a half whining about the mess you inherited while focusing on reversing old social legislation and fighting in court over your own.

and huge tax breaks for the rich... especially the poor oil companies, who somehow to this day, even after milking the country of huge profits, get massive subsidies! yeah, that's right... we pay to get taken to the cleaners! what a joke.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Oh thanks to trudeau's changes to omnibus laws which allow you to bundle anything you want into one big bill even if they're not connected we can probably make the social justice stuff happen right away. There's 10 years of trudeau nonsense to undo - get it all done at once. :)

But the rest will take probably more than two terms. I know you don't like to hear this but your woke friends have done severe damage.  Not just a little, not just make things bad, not 'damage' like the first trudeau did tho that was pretty bad - this is REALLY bad. 

For the first time ever business investment has left canada in larger amounts than we brought in. That is DEVISTATING.  That cannot be understated. It will be brutal trying to get business to spend it's money here to build our businesses again

Our energy industries are badly damaged and there was no transition.

It will take AT LEAST a decade of very serious effort to build enough homes to bring us back to a normal level after trudeau's immigration. And that's optimistic.

Canada's productivity is in the whole and how are we supposed to fix that without that business investment? That means lower quality of life.

Our systems are insanely outdated and labour intensive. That MUST change - but that's money and time and work and we don't have much money and there's a  lot of other things that need work too.

I get it. You like to pretend that any complaint about where we're at is 'whining'.

Buddy - you and your leftist pals have driven a dagger into the heart of Canada. You can try to downplay it  all you like - but it's going to be at least a solid generation to undo the crap your social justice bullshit and woke agenda has caused. THAT is the price of voting in the left

4 minutes ago, godzilla said:

and huge tax breaks for the rich... especially the poor oil companies, who somehow to this day, even after milking the country of huge profits, get massive subsidies! yeah, that's right... we pay to get taken to the cleaners! what a joke.

The left destroyed canada's underlying systems.

ANYTHING - ANYTHING the right does will be better. that's the sad price of voting woke.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

There's 10 years of trudeau nonsense to undo - get it all done at once. :)

But the rest will take probably more than two terms.

If you're seriously suggesting Canadians will tolerate 10 - 15 years of austerity while Poilievre wastes time and money on fighting woke you're dreaming.

Poilievre won't have any choice but to start taxing the rich.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Oh thanks to trudeau's changes to omnibus laws which allow you to bundle anything you want into one big bill even if they're not connected

Trudeau's "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" card for SNC Lavalin was tucked away on about P550 of an omnibus bill. IMO the chances are phenomenal that if you multiply that number about 1,000 to 10,000, that's the number of dollars that got shifted to a secret offshore acct for him. 

SNC gave Michel Fournier $2.3M just for one bridge contract in Mtl. 

What Trudeau did for them was worth far more, and it was a far greater task. 

Edited by WestCanMan

44 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Trudeau's "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" card for SNC Lavalin was tucked away on about P550 of an omnibus bill. IMO the chances are phenomenal that if you multiply that number about 1,000 to 10,000, that's the number of dollars that got shifted to a secret offshore acct for him. 

SNC gave Michel Fournier $2.3M just for one bridge contract in Mtl. 

What Trudeau did for them was worth far more, and it was a far greater task. 

Oh for sure. And he'll be offered various 'board' positions worth hundreds of thousands a year where he does nothing once he gets out. The liberals long ago mastered how to syphon and funnel money with the power they have in gov't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 3:37 PM, CdnFox said:

I"m sure you seized it for the people.

A number of places.  If you'd bothered to try to educate yourself on the issue you'd have noticed,

Then you don't HAVE a simplified system any more.  You've got the system we have now.  Honestly - do you spend more than 3 seconds thinking about this stuff before you start typing?

It isn't and you're not. Honestly - financially speaking i've met labradoodles that are better educated and more clever than you.

Seriously - take the time to learn about some of this stuff.

why not educate people instead of just being a dick? teach... provide examples. etc. be a source of change.

Edited by godzilla

26 minutes ago, godzilla said:

why not educate people instead of just being a dick?

it's eyeball.  It's not 'people' :)  LOL

We have a long history. it's just how we talk. Also  - he's being a twit and he knows it. C'mon - surely even you can see he's being silly, pretending to support a flat tax then saying 'make it a flat tax where different people pay different amounts'.   It's like saying you want a ham sandwich but hold ham :)  

To be frank tho i'm often nice to other people when i explain things and it RARELY pays off. Pretty quick if they don't like simple truths they're rude and ignorant back and then the gloves come off, so my patience with stupid is fairly short these days. If you're polite and not being deliberately obtuse then i'll tend to be nice back but if you've got a history of being a jackass - then i'm probably going to be a dick.

20 hours ago, godzilla said:

why not educate people instead of just being a dick? teach... provide examples. etc. be a source of change.

He can't.

20 hours ago, CdnFox said:

We have a long history. it's just how we talk.

The issue is how you listen - with mealy ears.

You mince everything into garbage on the way in so it's no wonder garbage is all that ever comes out of you.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

He can't.

That's true - how do i educate someone with a rock for a brain.  Unfortunately  you're as good as you're going to get.

The issue is how you listen - with mealy ears.

With the way your scatterbrain works and you're lack of reason listening does not help in the slightest :)

You mince everything into garbage on the way in so it's no wonder garbage is all that ever comes out of you.

Awww muffin - feeling butthurt again?  :)  Just because you consider logic facts and reason to be 'garbage' doesn't mean everyone else does

23 hours ago, CdnFox said:

C'mon - surely even you can see he's being silly, pretending to support a flat tax then saying 'make it a flat tax

I never said flat tax, only you did. I don't mean flat tax, only you do.

I said a single page tax return. You're not  comparing apples and oranges you're comparing snakes and ladders.

Let’s be fair to Democrats. They also do their bit to help the rich. Over the years both parties have found ways to ease the path for friends and donors. And one particularly clever scheme has been perfected by our old friends at the big accounting outfits - if you don’t like the tax rules, change them. From the NYT. 

The largest U.S. accounting firms have perfected a remarkably effective behind-the-scenes system to promote their interests in Washington. Their tax lawyers take senior jobs at the Treasury Department, where they write policies that are frequently favorable to their former corporate clients, often with the expectation that they will soon return to their old employers. The firms welcome them back with loftier titles and higher pay, according to public records reviewed by The New York Times and interviews with current and former government and industry officials.

It was funny to see Republicans vocally denying last night that they will try to renew Trump’s tax breaks for the rich. With Democrats you get high taxes and high spending; with Republicans these days it’s low taxes and high spending. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 11:31 AM, WestCanMan said:

Armed to the teeth, don't forget. Biden didn't just want 87K new agents, loyal to him, he wanted to give them weapons. Even fully automatic weapons. 

All this after Obama used the IRS to target conservatives....

Armed to the teeth...lets see where you quoted that from please.