Roe vs Wade... the gift that keeps on giving for Democrats!

a real head scratcher. if moderates and independents thought that the GOP would provide some form of abortion in future... this happens.

Top Republicans defend IVF after Alabama ruling

whether it gets interpreted correctly or not... this is not going to help the GOP. it makes the GOP look like their extreme religious component. wanting to ban abortion all together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, godzilla said:

whether it gets interpreted correctly or not... 

We all know which one you're gonna choose  😉

"Trump referred to immigrants as 'animals'" was as "real" as it gets for you guys. You felt it. You breathed. You still wear the PJs to bed. I'm pretty sure that you even had immigrant animal orgies and sacrificed goats.

You'll interpret that whichever way you're told to by CNN, regardless of any other considerations.

2 hours ago, godzilla said:

a real head scratcher. if moderates and independents thought that the GOP would provide some form of abortion in future... this happens.

whether it gets interpreted correctly or not... this is not going to help the GOP. it makes the GOP look like their extreme religious component. wanting to ban abortion all together.

The sacrament of the democrat party is fetal slaughter. This is why it must be illegal everywhere in this country. 

Edited by Deluge

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

Geez dude - get it together.  This has nothing to do with roe vs wade which i'd bet good money you didn't even read.  Like  - at all.

Second, it would be ridiculously easy to resolve. It's really not much of an issue.

geesh... just more name calling. there really is no debate on this site at all anymore thanks to @Deluge, @WestCanMan and @CdnFox.

all i was suggesting was that one party was going to make this issue look a  certain way and that was going to work.

and its going to work because factions of MAGA are not shy about their desire to fuse government and church.

Mike Johnson invoked God in a GOP presentation on keeping the majority. It didn’t land well.

Edited by godzilla

7 hours ago, godzilla said:

geesh... just more name calling. there really is no debate on this site at all anymore thanks to @Deluge, @WestCanMan and @CdnFox.

all i was suggesting was that one party was going to make this issue look a  certain way and that was going to work.

and its going to work because factions of MAGA are not shy about their desire to fuse government and church.

Mike Johnson invoked God in a GOP presentation on keeping the majority. It didn’t land well.

The name calling is provoked by your side. 

See, you babble some nonsensical bullshit about us wanting to fuse government and church, while you're not shy about your desire to phase church completely out of the picture. 

You think we want to fuse, while we all know you want to phase out. 

Hypocrisy abounds on your side and that makes it difficult to not call you people names - you invite it. 

Edited by Deluge

8 hours ago, godzilla said:

Awww muffin.  :)   

This wasn't an attempt to debate on your part.  You made a statement.  I commented on your statement, no name calling, no insults, and pointed out why your statement was not defensible. Your original position was flawed and the concern you raise is easily fixed.

Instead of  replying with your thoughts on that you have a hissy fit.   Hey - if your idea of "Debate" is that everyone is going to agree with everything you say then you don't want "debate', you want an echo chamber and you're right this place isn't going to work out for you 

Now stop being such a butthurt twat and either defend your point or concede it if you want a 'debate', otherwise go talk to your mirror if all you want is someone to agree with you

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Awww muffin.  :)   

This wasn't an attempt to debate on your part.  You made a statement.  I commented on your statement, no name calling, no insults, and pointed out why your statement was not defensible. Your original position was flawed and the concern you raise is easily fixed.

Instead of  replying with your thoughts on that you have a hissy fit.  

He's not trying to have a debate, he just wants the glory of abortion to be a topic and he's trying to keep this thread going. 

We obliged him, but now I'm done here. 

This mindless crap thread can drift away to oblivion now as far as I'm concerned, or it can be a cultist echo chamber. Either way, good riddance to it.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, godzilla said:

Beyond watching the Republicans trip all over each other to respond to this, it's a really rich topic. 

Essentially, this Alabama SCOTUS ruling is argumentum ad absurdum: taking an argument to the full logical extension to reveal that the logic is unsound. Usually this is done satirically, but the kicker here is that the Alabama SCOTUS is so farking bumfuzzled that they are making the absurd argument in earnest! (Yes, apparently you can be a ridiculous bible-thumping fundie and still sit on the Supreme Court in the "great" state of Alabama.)

The have taken "life" begins at conception and the shoddy rhetoric calling embryos "unborn children" to the absurd extreme. Now extra-uterine "children" who have absolutely zero hope of developing into humans unassisted are children, people and citizens due equivalent to born, actual, people. That frozen embryos are literally children

Is it legal to put your child in the freezer for extended periods? What harm can come to them?

Can they be imprisoned forever, or must they be released to freedom when they turn 18?

Will they be eligible for state and federal benefits?

Will they have to be wheeled into schools when they turn 5? 

Do the parents owe the IVF clinics child support? 

When the biological "parents" of these forever-frozen "children" die, do the kidsicles inherit the estate? 

There are a million new absurd questions that have to be answered in the absurd state of Alabama, because they've taken one step too far into whatever the hell the Christians are going to call their version of Sharia Law.  Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Edited by Hodad

19 hours ago, godzilla said:

Screenshot_20240223_094013_Firefox.thumb.jpg.357be15ddb2a21f27e74e383733a3276.jpg

Alabama Chicken Dinner

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deluge said:

The name calling is provoked by your side. 

See, you babble some nonsensical bullshit about us wanting to fuse government and church, while you're not shy about your desire to phase church completely out of the picture. 

You think we want to fuse, while we all know you want to phase out. 

Hypocrisy abounds on your side and that makes it difficult to not call you people names - you invite it. 

yeah, my side being... everything "left" of "extreme right".

i don't live in the US.

freedom of religion and separation of church and state... good ideas.

46 minutes ago, godzilla said:

yeah, my side being... everything "left" of "extreme right".

i don't live in the US.

freedom of religion and separation of church and state... good ideas.

"extreme" for you is a white family having a picnic. lol

This is a Christian country and it's going to stay that way - it's part of what freedom and this constitution is all about. ;)