Increased Illegal Immigration Brings Increased Crime: Almost 2/3 of Federal Arrests Involve Noncitizens

On 2/7/2024 at 12:29 PM, godzilla said:

what a BS header by the OP. there is NO increase in domestic crime identified associated with illegal immigration. federal crime is all at the border and mostly crossing at non-sanctioned crossing points.

There is one kind of crime associated with the open southern border, fentanyl and the Americans dying because of it. There is that.

How about Americans murdered by illegals? Every year, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrests nearly 2,000 illegal aliens who’ve committed murder in this country. Last year, for example, ICE caught 1,323 illegals with homicide convictions and 390 with homicide charges pending. (They’re all guilty.)

That’s about 1,700 Americans murdered by illegals every year, or five a day.(Ann Coulter- who routinely shits on Republicans too)

On 2/8/2024 at 7:05 PM, WestCanMan said:

Hang on there dum dum, I was absolutely correct.

You cult members live in a world of your own.

The Dems don't want this solved or it would have been solved millions of illegal immigrants ago. In fact, they would have been millions of illegal immigrants ahead if they just did nothing when Biden got into the WH.

Oh, did they obey the law? I know you Trumptards hate that. Don't worry, if your glorious God gets elected there'll be no more interference from the courts! His people have already suggested they'll just ignore the courts! 

Damn those law-abiding Democrats!

People are dying in Ukraine because Biden got "elected". 

Yeah? When did Russia first invade Ukraine again, Dum-Dum? It was under Trump. And what did Trump do?

Nothing. He's terrified Putin will release details of his money-laundering and sanctions-busting activities.

Edited by I am Groot

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I need a cite now to prove that the Dems cancelled the border wall, ended TTL 42 and Remain in Mexico? Go to hell, dummy. 

yes you do. and you need make arguments of why those were good things and how they could be perpetuated.

and you need to be nicer to people.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, godzilla said:

yes you do. and you need make arguments of why those were good things and how they could be perpetuated.

Holy - get back here with those goal posts kid :)   He does NOT need a cite to prove tha tthe dems cancelled the border wall and ended ttl 42 and remain , those are commonly known matters of record you could confirm in 3 seconds.

You're adding "and cites to prove they were good things" - No.  That is NOT required.  He can make an argument regarding that based on the facts.  If you can't make an argument based on the known facts then there could never be a new argument, everything would have to be nothing but cites and whom would you be able to cite?

Yeash.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Yaaaaaah it isn't.  Swing and a miss.

Trump used Covid as an excuse to close the border. And even that was challenged and heading for the supreme court when Biden tossed it out.

In November 2018, as reports circulated about a “caravan” of migrants from Central America making their way through Mexico en route to the U.S. border, Trump issued a proclamation barring the entry of migrants unless they entered at ports of entry. The same day, the administration issued new regulations making those who entered the U.S. illegally between ports of entry ineligible for asylum.

Trump’s proclamation largely relied on Section 212(f) of the INA, the same section cited by Johnson in his social media post arguing that Biden already had the authority to “close” the southern border.

The courts, however, blocked Trump’s effort.

A federal District Court judge in California temporarily halted Trump’s effort, after concluding that barring migrants who enter outside of designated ports of entry from seeking asylum violated federal immigration law, international law and “the expressed intent of Congress.”

“Whatever the scope of the President’s authority, he may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden,” the judge wrote.

In a 2-1 decision in December 2018, the U.S. Court of Appeals denied the Trump administration’s emergency motion for a stay of the District Court’s order. The Trump administration appealed to the Supreme Court, but its motion to stay the District Court ruling blocking enforcement of the policy was denied.

“The President does not have the authority to close the border under 212(f),” Denise Gilman, co-director of the Immigration Clinic and law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, told us via email. “That legal provision provides for a bar on the entry of certain individuals or specific categories of persons. It does not allow for closure of the border and wholesale exclusion of all arrivals at the border.”

Provisions in the Immigration and Nationality Act “make very clear that all persons arriving at the border or entering the United States, without regard to status, must be processed for asylum if they indicate a fear of return to their home countries,” Gilman said. “These provisions cannot simply be trumped by 212(f). Under current law, they must be given effect and asylum seekers must be able to present their claims.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/02/unraveling-misinformation-about-bipartisan-immigration-bill/

21 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The bill Trump told the Republicans to turn down - which was mostly a Republican bill - would have paid for more detention facilities so they didn't have to release asylum claimants into the country, would have paid to hire more border patrol officers, to hire more asylum officers and immigration judges to speed up asylum claims so they didn't have to just catch and release them, and it would have raised the bar for what qualified for asylum. It also would have given the president the legal authority to close the border, to summarily remove people who cross into the US illegally.

Now, suppose you tell me what about any of that you don't like.

I don't like illegal aliens being on this side of the border. Round them up, kick them out, and shut the border down completely. They can make their requests from either Mexico or from tent cities in a neutral area of the border. 

10 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I don't like illegal aliens being on this side of the border. Round them up, kick them out, and shut the border down completely. They can make their requests from either Mexico or from tent cities in a neutral area of the border. 

The bill the Republicans rejected at Trump's instigation would have given the US government the legal authority to do just that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, I am Groot said:

You cult members live in a world of your own.

Cry me a river, whiner. 

All you ever have is talking points. Never facts or intelligent comments.

Oh, did they obey the law? I know you Trumptards hate that. Don't worry, if your glorious God gets elected there'll be no more interference from the courts! His people have already suggested they'll just ignore the courts! 

Yup. 

Is it illegal to build walls now, dummy? 

Was there a pandemic that prevented Canadian citizens from walking freely in their own country? 

Who says that the US is obliged to allow people to enter their country? That's not a right that foreigners have. 

Damn those law-abiding Democrats!

And Santa Claus, right? The Tooth Fairy? 

Yeah? When did Russia first invade Ukraine again, Dum-Dum? It was under Trump.

Wrong, stupid. It was when Obama was POTUS. Right after the Sochi Olympics. Gawd damn, I think even eyeball and robo know that one. 

After that the Russians just supported some Ukrainian rebels who were being bombed by the Ukrainian gov't and attacked by Ukrainian gov't's Nazi battalions.

When Obama was POTUS, Russians took Crimea.

When Trump was POTUS, Russian troops didn't invade Ukraine. 

When Biden was inaugurated, the Russians started deploying troops on Ukraine's border, about 120,000 iirc, and then invaded. Invaded. That's an important word. You should look it up in the dictionary and try to learn its meaning. 

And what did Trump do?

Nothing, because Russia didn't invade Ukraine until 2022. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine:

Nothing. He's terrified Putin will release details of his money-laundering and sanctions-busting activities.

If Putin had Trump so afraid then why did he wait 'til Biden was president to invade, stupid? 

Shouldn't that have been the perfect time to attack? Why did Putin wait until the bold, brilliant, ultra-capable Joe Biden was in the WH? Is he crazy? 

Don't be afraid to answer that honestly. We could all use the laugh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, godzilla said:

No one disputes the existence of those things, and by virtue of the fact that you're asking me to make arguments of why those were good things, you're acknowledging that they're real. 

They were good things because they were intended to curb illegal immigration and they curbed illegal immigration, right?

As soon as Biden became POTUS and started pressing all the colorful buttons, illegal immigration became rampant.

I have no problem being civil with people I disagree with, as long as they're being honest and decent, but when people are lying to my face I no longer feel obliged to show them respect. IMO it's important to call people out for that type of behaviour. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No one disputes the existence of those things, and by virtue of the fact that you're asking me to make arguments of why those were good things, you're acknowledging that they're real. 

They were good things because they were intended to curb illegal immigration and they curbed illegal immigration, right?

As soon as Biden became POTUS and started pressing all the colorful buttons, illegal immigration became rampant.

I have no problem being civil with people I disagree with, as long as they're being honest and decent, but when people are lying to my face I no longer feel obliged to show them respect. IMO it's important to call people out for that type of behaviour. 

yeah, but did Biden's policies drive more people from where to live in the south the the US border?

i'm willing to listen if you're able to dig up real studies that identify immigration being stifled by border barriers. are there any?

its already been outlined that if Biden wanted to keep fighting in court against immigration proponents to keep people in Mexico that he was losing (because Trump had already started losing). it is clear that the laws have to change in order for the executive branch to be on a good footing for that kind of change. notwithstanding that Mexico says no. but do we hard evidence that that policy keeps immigrants from moving north?

one thing is clear... the president would have more legal powers over the border withe Senate border bill recently trashed. and we all know why and we all know that Trump didn't read it.

as i've stated, this is all so short sited. and its short sited because Trump is short sited. he just needs to get in office and shut some of his legal problems down. he could give a rats a$$ about immigrants and the border. when he's in office it'll be his problem, the Dems can stonewall his powers and then blame him for it. an endless cycle.

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The bill the Republicans rejected at Trump's instigation would have given the US government the legal authority to do just that.

Right after 5,000 criminal invaders pour into the country everyday? F*ck that. 

We don't need some bullshit bill. We need a commander-in-chief who's into border security, not illegal immigration. 

3 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Right after 5,000 criminal invaders pour into the country everyday? F*ck that. 

We don't need some bullshit bill. We need a commander-in-chief who's into border security, not illegal immigration. 

Biden said he would shut the border if given the legal authority. the senate Dems did not give the GOP everything they wanted because a large percentage of Americans obviously are not too worried about it and communicate as such through the organizations that support immigrants etc.

you can hope to hell that these people shut up which is not going to happen or you can negotiate the best deal that you can get. or you get nothing.

Trump trashed the deal. and he'll get nothing in November if he becomes president.

looks like the US will be turning more and more brown. i'll have to get ready to speak spanish when i go.

14 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Biden said he would shut the border if given the legal authority.

He doesn't need it. As commander in dhief, the President of the Unted States has the power to protect this country from foreign invaders.

Foreigners are invading this country, and Joe Biden is gaslighting Congress and the American people while he waves the invaders in from behind his back. 

Edited by Deluge

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

He doesn't need it. As commander in dhief, the President of the Unted Staes has the power to protect this country from foreign invaders.

Foreigners are invading this country, but Joe Biden is busy gaslighting Congress and the American people while hen! waves the invaders in from behind his back. 

hilarious! thanks @Deluge as i almost missed the "new excuses" from Johnson.

so first Johnson says "no way we're allowing 5k before the president can close the border"... then after realizing that only the sucker base can be convinced of the hypocrisy "the president can shut down the border anytime he wants"!

Can Biden ‘shut down’ the border right now?

is there no end to this insanity! its hilarious.

the poor MAGA base... the earth is flat! the earth is round! no its a cube!

4 hours ago, godzilla said:

yeah, but did Biden's policies drive more people from where to live in the south the the US border?

There's a fair bit of resaerch that shows if the border is known to be 'open' it attracts migrants.

Fair bit of reading but:

https://oversight.house.gov/release/wrap-up-biden-administrations-policies-have-fueled-worst-border-crisis-in-u-s-history/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/10/29/us/illegal-border-crossings-data.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/22/959664319/asylum-seekers-hope-bidens-pledge-to-welcome-immigrants-includes-them

I mean there's more - but it should be obvious.  IF you hear where you are that the us is letting more people in then you are more likely to go.

This was also found to be true at the Canadian us border.

Are you more likely to move your whole family on a dangerous long distance trip if you're sure you'll get in or if you're not sure? Think about it,

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Quit confusing the guy with actual facts. He's so deluded he thinks facts are lies and the shit that spews from Trump's gob is truth. Donald is counting on such people that can be fooled all of the time.

Says the lemming who voted for this deranged old f*ck. lol