why does Trump love Putin?

simple question. i don't think there is an answer. Not sure why he wants to elevate Putin, JinPing and Jong Un to the status of ruling axis of the world?

and as i point out in another thread:

Johnson gets squeezed by Biden, Senate GOP on Ukraine, border

Johnson was just pulled in and given the brief on Ukraine. i'm sure he was told that 10s of millions of refugees would flood into Europe. that mass executions would happen. that food prices would go through the roof and Africa would starve. that the stock market would crash. and that the largest guerrilla war in the worlds history would rage that would embolden Putin to invade border areas of Europe.

the MAGA Ukraine thing is all from Trump. why the hell does Trump want Putin to win here? what does he get? we know the US and allies get hell on wheels... so whats in it for him?

32 minutes ago, godzilla said:

the MAGA Ukraine thing is all from Trump. why the hell does Trump want Putin to win here? what does he get? we know the US and allies get hell on wheels... so whats in it for him?

More Russian help with the election? Debts repaid?

But he certainly does fawn over Putin and the other autocrats while plotting his coup to overturn a free and fair election.

Beyond that though, I think he's simply a clinical narcissist who craves the approval of the world's "strong men." Daddy issues.

Edited by Hodad

38 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Trump has been selling his RE to Russian oligarchs for decades; secretly through anonymous LLCs of course.

He was a pioneer in doing that back when it was considered to be a strong sign of money laundering and most RE brokers didn't want to be associated with that crime.

Putin is the biggest fish in the Russian pool, and also, Trump needed his approval to build a tower in Moscow which was estimated to bring him $200M in profit. That's what he was still working on when he lied about not having business in Russia in 2015.

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

simple question. i don't think there is an answer. Not sure why he wants to elevate Putin, JinPing and Jong Un to the status of ruling axis of the world?

and as i point out in another thread:

Johnson gets squeezed by Biden, Senate GOP on Ukraine, border

Johnson was just pulled in and given the brief on Ukraine. i'm sure he was told that 10s of millions of refugees would flood into Europe. that mass executions would happen. that food prices would go through the roof and Africa would starve. that the stock market would crash. and that the largest guerrilla war in the worlds history would rage that would embolden Putin to invade border areas of Europe.

Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, drives woke cultists and neocons into psychotic episodes of fantasy storytelling about Trump and world leaders. These fits of delirium also seem to release creative juices not typically seen in today's zombified left-wingers. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, drives woke cultists and neocons into psychotic episodes of fantasy storytelling about Trump and world leaders. These fits of delirium also seem to release creative juices not typically seen in today's zombified left-wingers. 

^MAGA CULT syndrome. 🤮

41 minutes ago, robosmith said:

^MAGA CULT syndrome. 🤮

There's one now: roboslobiferouswokeitis. See how it drools while it screams nonsensical bullshit? TDS is a very serious condition and should be dealt with using backhanded compassion. 

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

Trump has been selling his RE to Russian oligarchs for decades; secretly through anonymous LLCs of course.

He was a pioneer in doing that back when it was considered to be a strong sign of money laundering and most RE brokers didn't want to be associated with that crime.

Putin is the biggest fish in the Russian pool, and also, Trump needed his approval to build a tower in Moscow which was estimated to bring him $200M in profit. That's what he was still working on when he lied about not having business in Russia in 2015.

This is absolutely the reason. Trump has been a shady businessman all his life - if you want to even call him a businessman. He's more of a grifter and huckster. His son openly said the only thing that saved the company after their bankruptcy was money from Russia and other eastern oligarchs. And if that meant money laundering or helping them dodge sanctions Trump would not have hesitated as long as he figured he could get away with it. The man has no moral compass, after all. 

But now that information would have been given to Putin. And he would have been made aware of his need to please Putin or the information would get leaked. And money laundering and sanctions busting are crimes ordinary Americans understand way more than most of his current legal difficulties. And both are severely punished. With jail time, not fines. And not just for him but for his kids, who were also involved.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, herbie said:

Putin's turned Russia into a kleptocracy where he chooses who becomes wealthy and influential.

Jealous Trump would live to be Don Donald in America too.

Not only that, but as Russia's number one kleptocrat, there is enormous wealth to steal in the huge gas reserves off the Southern coast of Ukraine.

Putin and Trump share the same political enemies:  the Obama admin (Obama, Hillary, and Biden etc.).  I think that's what brought them together first during 2015-16 campaign.  Putin was willing to help Trump defeat their mutual enemies.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Putin is also domineering bully like Trump, they have mutual respect and a lot in common.  Bff's.