Chow Chow Tax Time

19 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Hopefully you keel over and die before you get a chance to cash out.

Well...not much chance of that happening. But hey...since I'll be around...maybe I should offer to teach Olivia about the letter "R"?

giggle...

Enjoy the tax increases.

10 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Ii is very funny how you think your owning me by constantly making yourself look dumb. 

Yes it is. Is your real name Mahowny?

• Haha 1

Just now, Black Dog said:

I'm getting close to sticking you on the old ignore list just to save myself from the second-hand embarrassment that comes with reading your pathetic self-aggrandizing cringeposts.

Sure - your kind loves to stick your head in the sand when you hear something you don't like or can't bull crap your way out of.  i understand completely.

Whatever lies you have to tell yourself to sleep at night big guy - wouldn't want you mental health to suffer any further than it already is. 

If i'm just too big and scary for your ego to cope with by all means - a blindfold and earplugs might just be the way to go. Sorry that the truth upsets you like that.  I can point out the nonsense in your posts whether you reply or not so it's of little difference to me.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - your kind loves to stick your head in the sand when you hear something you don't like or can't bull crap your way out of.  i understand completely.

Whatever lies you have to tell yourself to sleep at night big guy - wouldn't want you mental health to suffer any further than it already is. 

If i'm just too big and scary for your ego to cope with by all means - a blindfold and earplugs might just be the way to go. Sorry that the truth upsets you like that.  I can point out the nonsense in your posts whether you reply or not so it's of little difference to me.

Yeah I wouldn't want you to stop since posting on here is clearly the only thing you've got going on in your life as your post count shows.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Yeah I wouldn't want you to stop since posting on here is clearly the only thing you've got going on in your life as your post count shows.

LOL - awww muffin :)  you're such a thoughtful little boy :)     So no ignore list? oh well

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well...not much chance of that happening. But hey...since I'll be around...maybe I should offer to teach Olivia about the letter "R"?

giggle...

Enjoy the tax increases.

I think Olivia Chow's first word as baby was "tax" followed closely by "spend".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legato said:

I think Olivia Chow's first word as baby was "tax" followed closely by "spend".

Amusingly i think it was probably  Waaaaaaaahhh!  Which is appropriate enough for a leftie :)   Possibly Waaaaaare's my compensation package and publicly funded diaper service?

Well I simply have to admit it, my opinion of Olivia Chow has come under some very serious re-consideration by yours truly, based upon a couple of what I consider to be absolutely brilliant political manoeuvrings executed on her part...

First-off, she wisely assessed the minimal value to Toronto's future of a long since forgotten Ontario Place and a well-past-its-best-before-date Science Centre, and unloaded them onto Doug Ford to do with whatever he might wish for the sake of Ontario to do, coupled to the re-naming of some arena or other in the city in memory of his brother Rob...and all in exchange for the unloading onto Doug Ford's lap of those two municipal (and perennial) money-pits, the Gardiner Expressway and the Don Valley Parkway. Ford got the absolute worst of that deal, because Ontario's "giving" on these aging roadways will be forever -- but Chow just signed two papers to forever unload Toronto of two red herrings.

Next, Chow threatened to raise municipal property taxes on Toronto households in order to raise much-needed capital to address the city's refugee crisis, an issue that surely is deserving of serious federal attention since Ottawa was directly responsible for the situation to even occur in the first place. So what happened...? The 73 MP's whose constituents all reside in Toronto -- and whose voters grew extremely angry at all of them for essentially forcing a 10.5% property tax on them -- beat a hasty retreat to PM Justin Trudeau's front door demanding action not only for the sake of these very constituents, but for themselves, too. And by extension, the Liberal party itself.

So what happened...? The city of Toronto received what can only be described as being the lion's share of recently released relief funds of largess from Ottawa. And the tax rate was still raised by 9.5% anyway, in realistically keeping with tax rates that were short-sightedly keep unrealistically low for years and years, to the detriment of the city's finances.

Now if only she could curb her enthusiasm for the extremes of her "wish list"! So far however, she's done just a superlative job in righting the wrongs of her predecessors at city hall. Machiavelli had nothing on this girl...!

On 2/10/2024 at 8:55 AM, Eddy said:

Well I simply have to admit it, my opinion of Olivia Chow has come under some very serious re-consideration by yours truly, .......

Machiavelli had nothing on this girl...!

The key statement is the last sentence LOL

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The key statement is the last sentence LOL

Heh :)

You know Eddy is an ai bot tho right? this kind of language is pretty easily identified and has been floating around the web for a bit - we've seen it posting for justin as well.  I doubt it has anything to do with the actual parties, some supporter who's making one of the AI programs and some farming bot tech work for fun i suspect.  But there's little giveaways in the language

Olivia Chow's approval rating dropped from 75% to 55%.

Today, no more free holiday downtown parking. That was a big attraction for Toronto visits.

Oh well, you lose some and then you lose some..

https://www.zoomerradio.ca/news/2024/02/12/the-olivia-chow-honeymoon-is-over-liaison-strategies-poll/

55 minutes ago, Legato said:

Today, no more free holiday downtown parking. That was a big attraction for Toronto visits.

https://www.zoomerradio.ca/news/2024/02/12/the-olivia-chow-honeymoon-is-over-liaison-strategies-poll/

Honestly the people HAD to know - this is her wheel house.  You don't vote for chow and then NOT expect big tax hikes and user fee hikes

17 hours ago, Legato said:

Funny a.f. watching conservatives on here lose their minds when they discover there's no such thing as a free lunch. Sorry honey, you aren't entitled to store your private vehicle on Toronto's already crowded streets for free.

47 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Funny a.f. watching conservatives on here lose their minds when they discover there's no such thing as a free lunch. Sorry honey, you aren't entitled to store your private vehicle on Toronto's already crowded streets for free.

Annnd who lost their minds ? :)  LOL  

We keep telling you - the voices in your head are not your friends.

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

Whose yard did you steel that wide brush from?

• Haha 1

Certain people in Toronto just can not wrap their heads around the fact that a slight, demure woman of Asian extraction was able to wield her authority over much bigger loud-mouthed bellicose men into doing what was, in essence, her own bidding.

You may not realize it just yet, but what the mayor has done so far is straighten the keels on several ships that were listing badly. If you're a citizen of the city, you'll surely come to appreciate that fact soon enough. If you're not, well, then you're just another opinion...& everyone has one of those things, just like everyone in possession of a major body orifice tucked well into their respective "nether region".

Only some are bigger ones than others.

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2024 at 8:24 PM, Nationalist said:

Well done Toronto. 

You dumb sh1ts were all for lockdowns and all these Gawd Damn refugees.

Better yet, well done Canada. The question is, who let them in? I know.

Isn't there some rule that states refugees are supposed to stay in the next bordering country. Are these refugees all American born citizens that want to come to Canada ie the neighbouring country.

And why is this MY PROBLEM on an issue that I never voted for? I do not tell my PM which charity to donate to, so don't put the refugee problem on me.

• Like 1