Jump to content

Chow Chow Tax Time


Recommended Posts

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2024/01/10/toronto-property-taxes-2024-budget/

Well done Toronto. You elected a fcking Libbie POS as Mayor.

You dumb sh1ts were all for lockdowns and all these Gawd Damn refugees. You ask why I despise you all so much. Look at what you dumb fcks have brought onto the city's working and home owners.

Well up all your greased up asses! Rent on my properties just went up 20%. Enjoy that you pieces of rotten destructive sh1t!

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Legato said:

The honeymoons over. Now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

She's really more of an dipper. Soon to be Ray days in Toronto.

She's a twit. That anyone voted for the abusive little b1tch only proves that most people just do as their told without any thought.

Enjoy your tax increase and the resulting rent increases...

Fools!

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2024 at 7:36 PM, Nationalist said:

She's a twit. That anyone voted for the abusive little b1tch only proves that most people just do as their told without any thought.

Enjoy your tax increase and the resulting rent increases...

Fools!

They HAD to know when they voted for her tho. This can't possibly come as a surprise or anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

They HAD to know when they voted for her tho. This can't possibly come as a surprise or anything.

Perhaps. But I think they don't care. It's "woke" and worth the cost just to be "woke".

Next, they'll whine because rents go way up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Perhaps. But I think they don't care. It's "woke" and worth the cost just to be "woke".

Next, they'll whine because rents go way up.

Yeah.  I  guess some are too dumb to make that connection mentally.  "TAX THE RICH, AND ANYONE WHO OWNS LAND IS RICH!!!! TAX THEM!!! TAAAAAXXX THEEEEEMMMM hey why did my rent go up?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah.  I  guess some are too dumb to make that connection mentally.  "TAX THE RICH, AND ANYONE WHO OWNS LAND IS RICH!!!! TAX THEM!!! TAAAAAXXX THEEEEEMMMM hey why did my rent go up?"

I'm gonna have to evict one tenant who I really like and who's husband recently passed away. That's upsetting. It was all so stupid and unnecessary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'm gonna have to evict one tenant who I really like and who's husband recently passed away. That's upsetting. It was all so stupid and unnecessary. 

I'm starting to see it too here on the west coast. But i'm also seeing something else - the gov't here is still capping how much people can raise rents on tenants.  Now - if the tenant moves then that's fine, they can charge the new tenant as much as they want, but until then the rents can only go up so much.

THat's fine for the bigger rental investment companies, it tends to still average out, but for a long time the majority of rentals have come from the small investor who has one or two places or a basement suite. They basically barely break even for about the first 5 years and then very slowly start to pull ahead as a rule, and they're not getting rich by any stretch.  Their equity goes up tho of course so it's still worth it.

But - now it's not worth it. Sky high taxes (there was a huge increase last year too), VASTLY higher insurance rates in many cases, having to accept not getting paid during covid, and so on ... it's driving the smaller people out. 

So they sell and take their equity and get out of the market, and the place either gets bought by someone wealthier to live in  or it gets bought by a big investment rental outfit who knows all the tricks, only rents to people with sterling credit and incomes, and is only in it for the profit immediately.

And rental units become more and more scarce. 

Recently the gov't came up with a fund to help homeonwers convert part of their homes into rental units to increase the rental units available.  Surveys and such were done and turns out basically most people said "Nope - don't want the hassle".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I'm starting to see it too here on the west coast. But i'm also seeing something else - the gov't here is still capping how much people can raise rents on tenants.  Now - if the tenant moves then that's fine, they can charge the new tenant as much as they want, but until then the rents can only go up so much.

THat's fine for the bigger rental investment companies, it tends to still average out, but for a long time the majority of rentals have come from the small investor who has one or two places or a basement suite. They basically barely break even for about the first 5 years and then very slowly start to pull ahead as a rule, and they're not getting rich by any stretch.  Their equity goes up tho of course so it's still worth it.

But - now it's not worth it. Sky high taxes (there was a huge increase last year too), VASTLY higher insurance rates in many cases, having to accept not getting paid during covid, and so on ... it's driving the smaller people out. 

So they sell and take their equity and get out of the market, and the place either gets bought by someone wealthier to live in  or it gets bought by a big investment rental outfit who knows all the tricks, only rents to people with sterling credit and incomes, and is only in it for the profit immediately.

And rental units become more and more scarce. 

Recently the gov't came up with a fund to help homeonwers convert part of their homes into rental units to increase the rental units available.  Surveys and such were done and turns out basically most people said "Nope - don't want the hassle".

I am in a position to evict but would rather not. All these bleeding hearts do is cause crap for working Canadians.

"But we had to stay home and we had to help all the needy refugees."

Uhm...no...in both cases. We did not have to.

Once I have a chance, rent on my places is gonna go through the roof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Once I have a chance, rent on my places is gonna go through the roof.

I think that's the new slogan for the few remaining smaller landlords.

I mean you have to - the public hates you for having the nerve to rent out spaces, the gov't thinks you're somehow part of the social safety net and should bear all the costs for that, and there's restictions on raising the rent when inflation is low - but they ALSO won't let you raise it when inflation goes up - so you absolutely HAVE to jack it as high as you can when you can because god knows when you'll be allowed to again even if your costs go through the roof

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

I think that's the new slogan for the few remaining smaller landlords.

I mean you have to - the public hates you for having the nerve to rent out spaces, the gov't thinks you're somehow part of the social safety net and should bear all the costs for that, and there's restictions on raising the rent when inflation is low - but they ALSO won't let you raise it when inflation goes up - so you absolutely HAVE to jack it as high as you can when you can because god knows when you'll be allowed to again even if your costs go through the roof

Yes exactly. I'm frankly considering selling everything I worked so hard for, and leaving Toronto.

It's Stoopidtown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Yes exactly. I'm frankly considering selling everything I worked so hard for, and leaving Toronto.

It's Stoopidtown.

And who will buy it? Either a wealthy couple with wealthy parents that can help out,  or a major investment rental firm. So these little binches who whine about landlords still won't be able to afford a place and there's now one less rental or it's in the hands of someone who's job it is to get the max dollars.  These kids just don't get it.  High tax, high costs, 'social safety net' crap - all that gets paid by someone and at the end of the day that someone is going to be the renter, one way or another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And who will buy it? Either a wealthy couple with wealthy parents that can help out,  or a major investment rental firm. So these little binches who whine about landlords still won't be able to afford a place and there's now one less rental or it's in the hands of someone who's job it is to get the max dollars.  These kids just don't get it.  High tax, high costs, 'social safety net' crap - all that gets paid by someone and at the end of the day that someone is going to be the renter, one way or another.

All true. But I'm close enough to retirement age that, we're I to sell it all, the wife and I could retire quite comfortably. Of course, there be no houses for our kids, which was the plan, but to sit by and watch these stoopid...stoopid people screw everyone and everything...while they all go slowly broke, patting each other on the back for being "caring" is enough to make a preacher swear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

What's really annoying is the way Chow described her plan to protect tenants from her property tax hike:

Quote

“Landlords will not be able to use that as an excuse to push up rent increase.”

"An excuse" Like the only reason she could imagine landlords ever raising rents was as an plan to get super-rich by sucking the last pennies from their poor tenants.

I'm not a landlord myself, but I know how stretched many of them are and how easy it is to fall into losing money month after month. The mayor's attitude is insulting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, admined said:

What's really annoying is the way Chow described her plan to protect tenants from her property tax hike:

"An excuse" Like the only reason she could imagine landlords ever raising rents was as an plan to get super-rich by sucking the last pennies from their poor tenants.

I'm not a landlord myself, but I know how stretched many of them are and how easy it is to fall into losing money month after month. The mayor's attitude is insulting.

And many are getting nasty surprises.   A lot of the rental units in many parts of canada (especally the big urbans) was people doing decently for themselves buying 1 or 3 condos and renting them out - pretty much at cost - in the hopes they'd appreciate and over time their mortgage would get paid down and rents would go up a bit and by the time they retired they'd have a nice little nest egg.

Then we started seeing things like insurance rates skyrocketing 200 - 500 percent for condos.  Insurance is the biggest item in a strats budget - some went up 100,000 dollars and that comes from the owners (landlords in this case).  THEN the gov'ts in many places decided that landlords were somehow part of the social safety net and if a tenant couldn't pay the rent the landlord had to allow them to stay  - but they still had to pay their mortgage. Then we had massive inflation and costs went up for landlords again and gov'ts said "We know we've said you could raise rents based on inflation in the past - but now that inflation's high we won't let you do that'

So a lot of those small investors have sold.  And they're getting bought up by big rental companies who squeeze every dollar possible and raise rates as high as they can becuase you never know what the gov't will pull next

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2024 at 8:24 PM, Nationalist said:

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2024/01/10/toronto-property-taxes-2024-budget/

Well done Toronto. You elected a fcking Libbie POS as Mayor.

You dumb sh1ts were all for lockdowns and all these Gawd Damn refugees. You ask why I despise you all so much. Look at what you dumb fcks have brought onto the city's working and home owners.

Well up all your greased up asses! Rent on my properties just went up 20%. Enjoy that you pieces of rotten destructive sh1t!

NDP gets elected and they give anybody everything and make the electorate pay.

This is proven everywhere  the NDP are in power. They get in and break the public purse wide open

Well Toronto, no ya gotta pay...looks good on ya. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

NDP gets elected and they give anybody everything and make the electorate pay.

This is proven everywhere  the NDP are in power. They get in and break the public purse wide open

Well Toronto, no ya gotta pay...looks good on ya. LOL

I'm leaving g asap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'm leaving g asap.

Surrey BC had a property tax of 17.5% increase but later reduced to 12.5%

So, is Toronto out of line??

Ya want all the services, especially social services, ya gotta pay.

I personally think cities have to have a several year moratorium on the "fluff stuff".  Arts grants for one and other "nice ot haves" for others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Surrey BC had a property tax of 17.5% increase but later reduced to 12.5%

So, is Toronto out of line??

Ya want all the services, especially social services, ya gotta pay.

I personally think cities have to have a several year moratorium on the "fluff stuff".  Arts grants for one and other "nice ot haves" for others.

They spent the city into a hole with dumb sh1t. Now they've got empty offices, refugees all over the place rising violence and crime. So what to do?

Of course...dump on the middle class.

Chow is exactly what she's portrayed as. An incredibly stupid simpleton who thinks government and the middle class should pay her housing costs.!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

They spent the city into a hole with dumb sh1t. Now they've got empty offices, refugees all over the place rising violence and crime. So what to do?

Of course...dump on the middle class.

Chow is exactly what she's portrayed as. An incredibly stupid simpleton who thinks government and the middle class should pay her housing costs.!

Chow is NDP....what did you folks in hogtown expect??

She is taxing you all for the things she wants to give and do.

She just got elected...it will get worse LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2024 at 6:45 AM, Nationalist said:

They spent the city into a hole with dumb sh1t. Now they've got empty offices, refugees all over the place rising violence and crime. So what to do?

Of course...dump on the middle class.

Chow is exactly what she's portrayed as. An incredibly stupid simpleton who thinks government and the middle class should pay her housing costs.!

"They" being an almost unbroken run of conservative mayors and councils going back to amalgamation who spent money and failed to keep taxes in line with inflation because of voters like you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

"They" being an almost unbroken run of conservative mayors and councils going back to amalgamation who spent money and failed to keep taxes in line with inflation because of voters like you.

As opposed to what? A Chinese communist? Or Mitzie Hunter perhaps?

There's no doubt the mayors of Toronto have abused the city. This current mayor is probably going to out do all of them. Meh...hopefully she can learn to speak Engrish by the end of her term...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nationalist said:

As opposed to what? A Chinese communist? Or Mitzie Hunter perhaps?

There's no doubt the mayors of Toronto have abused the city. This current mayor is probably going to out do all of them. Meh...hopefully she can learn to speak Engrish by the end of her term...

Hopefully you keel over and die before you get a chance to cash out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,696
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Linda Teskey
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...