Jump to content

Dave Chapelle Brilliantly Frames How Trans Ideology Feels Like for an Outsider


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What violent threats

Violent threats, or actual violence?

If am hosting Chapelle and I know there is a risk for violence and protests (both having occurred), I would feel pressured to pull the plug for the safety of my staff as well as fans. Its the right thing to do.

This isn't choosing as a business, as Chappelle would bring any venue tons of money.

It actually goes against any business instincts, as those protesting likely would or have never attended a Chappelle show.

Harassing and trying to prevent or shame some people for enjoying a show, is intimidating them into suppressing their such freedoms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry - which one ?  I missed it.   Ah I see now... 

" Do they supercede a community set of morals? Do the community set of morals supercede the personal? Why? "

No of course not.  I answered what the matter was in the last post.

No of course not what?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What violence?  Any examples?

The articles are there for you to read them. 

Fans attacked or intimidated by protesters. Chappelle attacked on stage. Google is your best friend.

There being actual violence and intimidation of paying fans makes others think twice in wanting to attend.

Doesn't help that the media would often interview people wanting to know specifically what they wanted to attend the show from a "transphobe".

Knowing that any wrong word could lose you your job, keeps people quite silent and wanting to be home.

Doesn't sound freedom of speech like to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The moral sits don't supersede each other. The answer is no to both questions.

Whose moral sins? The individuals or the communities? Which mortal sins? Tell me why one set of would supercede any other?

1 minute ago, Yakuda said:

Whose moral sins? The individuals or the communities? Which mortal sins? Tell me why one set of would supercede any other?

...set of morals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

You said everyone has personal morals and there are community morals. You also said one does not supercede others. Did you not make those two statements? 

I did, yes.  I don't know what it has to do with Hitler though.  Everything I posted seems elementary to the point where I wonder why you're asking me.  If you'd like to explain how you draw the line to Hitler go ahead.  Otherwise, I think we have discussed our ideas to a close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I did, yes.  I don't know what it has to do with Hitler though.  Everything I posted seems elementary to the point where I wonder why you're asking me.  If you'd like to explain how you draw the line to Hitler go ahead.  Otherwise, I think we have discussed our ideas to a close.

Do you know who Hitler was and what he did? I'm asking only because you seem either actually obtuse or purposely obtuse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Do you know who Hitler was and what he did? I'm asking only because you seem either actually obtuse or purposely obtuse. 

Yes.  
How many obvious questions do you expect me to answer before you explain how my statement that public morals and personal morals don't supercede each other validates Hitler somehow ?

Because, I'm busy and I'm getting bored. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

you seem either actually obtuse or purposely obtuse. 

This is his debate style. 

He starts seeming to genuinely debate agreements and dissagreements (playing the fool), only to then focus on something arbitrary as to why you either can no longer continue the debate in a passive aggressive means of pressuring you to agree with him, or be of no moral capacity to continue the conversation. 

Its disingenuous, as it is lazy.

In my case, he keeps bringing up that I called trans ideologists who prey on kids, groomers.

He didn't like the way I used the word, so this is how I was introduced to his tactics as a relative newbie. 

He's a conservative who gets offended on the behalf of others.

Sure, and am a black person who hates both chicken and watermelon.

I can see how it works on some, as most people will fold under pressure. 

My mother told me my head was made of granite as a child. I don't know when to quit. 

He fights like my ex wife (she was a narssissist and bipolar), so am unfortunately for him used to unfair debate tactics and am in my element during them.

As long as you're aware, you know better to react to it next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes.  
How many obvious questions do you expect me to answer before you explain how my statement that public morals and personal morals don't supercede each other validates Hitler somehow ?

Because, I'm busy and I'm getting bored. 

Well if one doesn't supercede the other then you no justification to say that anything Hitler did was wrong, immoral or evil. 

Do I make you respond to my posts? If not then how busy or bored you may be is of no consequence to me. Another example of people thinking anyone should care if they are busy or bored. If you were actually either of both you wouldn't respond. You did which means your claim is just silly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

This is his debate style. 

He starts seeming to genuinely debate agreements and dissagreements (playing the fool), only to then focus on something arbitrary as to why you either can no longer continue the debate in a passive aggressive means of pressuring you to agree with him, or be of no moral capacity to continue the conversation. 

Its disingenuous, as it is lazy.

In my case, he keeps bringing up that I called trans ideologists who prey on kids, groomers.

He didn't like the way I used the word, so this is how I was introduced to his tactics as a relative newbie. 

He's a conservative who gets offended on the behalf of others.

Sure, and am a black person who hates both chicken and watermelon.

I can see how it works on some, as most people will fold under pressure. 

My mother told me my head was made of granite as a child. I don't know when to quit. 

He fights like my ex wife (she was a narssissist and bipolar), so am unfortunately for him used to unfair debate tactics and am in my element during them.

As long as you're aware, you know better to react to it next time.

Yeah I've dealt with his type before. They latch onto a talking point and if you dig even slightly they collapse like a cheap suitcase. He doesnt strike me as being particularly bright and seems to be intellectually lazy on top of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

Yeah I've dealt with his type before. They latch onto a talking point and if you dig even slightly they collapse like a cheap suitcase. He doesnt strike me as being particularly bright and seems to be intellectually lazy on top of it. 

Apparently he's a comedian. 

But then again men compete against women, so this is 1984. 

Comedy is the new serious.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yakuda said:

1. Well if one doesn't supercede the other then you no justification to say that anything Hitler did was wrong, immoral or evil. 

2. Do I make you respond to my posts?

3. If not then how busy or bored you may be is of no consequence to me.

 

1. :Yes, you just keep repeating that over and over without saying why.  Ok then.

2. No, but I think it's rude to leave a conversation without putting in adequate effort to make it work.

3.  Right, because I'm not one of the five people... 

Ok, I answered the questions here I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. :Yes, you just keep repeating that over and over without saying why.  Ok then.

2. No, but I think it's rude to leave a conversation without putting in adequate effort to make it work.

3.  Right, because I'm not one of the five people... 

Ok, I answered the questions here I think.

So you say, "Yes" that you cannot say that what Hitler did was wrong immoral or evil. I actually feel bad for you.

So by responding you admit that claiming you were busy and bored was nonsense. 

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

1. So you say, "Yes" that you cannot say that what Hitler did was wrong immoral or evil. I actually feel bad for you.

2. So by responding you admit that claiming you were busy and bored was nonsense. 

  

1. No... I would say it's immoral or evil.  I was just saying 'yes' acknowledging that I heard the point that you restated.
2. I should have said I'm "starting" to get bored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No... I would say it's immoral or evil.  I was just saying 'yes' acknowledging that I heard the point that you restated.
2. I should have said I'm "starting" to get bored.

You would say it's immoral or evil based on what? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...