Dave Chapelle Brilliantly Frames How Trans Ideology Feels Like for an Outsider

How is making a trans joke murder?

By that logic, rap songs should have artists arrested, as they are actively telling youth they resolve issues by shooting people they don't like.

Or is it simply using bluster and vague speak to get people afraid of speaking out against it.

19 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

When I see quotes like:

"'I'm trans and non-binary. I use they/them pronouns. Transphobia is murder and it should be condemned.'"

The inquisitive person in me is quick to ask how it is murder?

Comedians jobs is to poke fun of it.

How is making a trans joke murder?

By that logic, rap songs should have artists arrested, as they are actively telling youth they resolve issues by shooting people they don't like.

Or is it simply using bluster and vague speak to get people afraid of speaking out against it.

It's kind of hard to ask a question when the person who said that isn't a poster.

I see people posting MAGA folks videos too.  What's the point, other than to impugn some movement based on an idi*t who supports it?  

Nothing wrong with it, but it's just more forum flotsam IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's kind of hard to ask a question when the person who said that isn't a poster.

Its not a unique take. Its a common talking point. Either you're a murderer or somehow responsible for the deaths of vulnerable people.

Those taking that stance don't typically want to discuss.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

see people posting MAGA folks videos too

Same difference. When you are so far down the beaten path, discussion is next to impossible. 

10 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

1. Its not a unique take. Its a common talking point. Either you're a murderer or somehow responsible for the deaths of vulnerable people.

2. Those taking that stance don't typically want to discuss.

3. Same difference. When you are so far down the beaten path, discussion is next to impossible. 

1. Ok.  I could complain about bad drivers on here too.
2. So, nobody on here ?  Ok.
3. It's weird though.  There don't seem to be any people defending extreme woke positions here and yet lots defending extreme Trumpy positions?  Strange.

• Like 1

I like how people like Scott Moe and now Danielle Smith think most parents are so oblivious their son Biff wears miniskirts and eye makeup that Biff's teacher must ask permission to call him her or it.

And how they're SO much more knowledgeable than Doctors and kids MUST go through puberty first so changing sex is as difficult and expensive as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herbie said:

And how they're SO much more knowledgeable than Doctors

Not about knowledge. Its about a parent wanting to keep their child safe. Introducing their children to chemical castration at a young age, vs supporting their child goes against this.

Affirming shouldn't occur without heavy handed research first. 

If my son wants to wear a dress, I would ask why, vs just handing them one.

"Girls wear dresses"

And would let them know they're a boy. 

17 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Its about a parent wanting to keep their child safe

BS it's about some unsupportive parents demanding the right to subject their kids to their personal will. Not a damn thing whatsoever about children's safety. MOF require the stubborn ignorance of one who thinks teachers and doctors are out to harm children. The same level of ignorance that makes some oppose sex ed in schools.

9 hours ago, herbie said:

it's about some unsupportive parents demanding the right to subject their kids to their personal will.

My wife has a daughter from a past marriage. Who the f*** am I to demand how she chooses to raise her? Am her husband, yet still know my place in her daughter's life.

The government should have even less of a say.

Parents know best. You have royally f***ed up as a society, if the government is the best voice governing the upbringing of your children.

Also, my wife's daughter told her mom she's a boy. My wife rejected it, telling her she's a girl.

Now she's almost an adult, and embraces her femininity,  albeit in being a tomboy. Imagine had my wife jumped the gun on this. Her daughter is just a very masculine woman. I talk to her about motorcycles, combat sports. She's like the son I never had.

9 hours ago, herbie said:

Not a damn thing whatsoever about children's safety

I think a government has no business telling me how to raise a child, unless am breaking the law. 

The government should stay out of it. To me, that's the unnacceptable part, and I agree with the parents who are fighting it.

• 3 weeks later...