Santos Expelled from Congress

On 12/1/2023 at 12:20 PM, Deluge said:

Trump has been, and continues to be, railroaded by left-wing cultists. 

Get ready for his return to the White House in '25. ;)

Not gonna happen. Already the other Republicans running have diluted down any chance he had of getting his name as the sole Republican on the ticket and the many Republicans I have been listening in on on Mastadon are backing away from him and towards Nikki Haley faster than a Texas game warden tickets illegal shrimp boats.

29 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Not gonna happen. Already the other Republicans running have diluted down any chance he had of getting his name as the sole Republican on the ticket and the many Republicans I have been listening in on on Mastadon are backing away from him and towards Nikki Haley faster than a Texas game warden tickets illegal shrimp boats.

Nobody's even close to Trump. Once it's down to Trump and whichever a$$hole the dems prop up, Trump will get ALL of the Republicans and enough moderates to slam dunk his/her/its ass. 

58 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Actually based on polling and a number of other factors, Trump being president in 2024 is the most likely scenario.  Not by much - and campaigns absolutely matter so you can never say for sure.  But if you're dismissing him at this point it suggests you have a very weak understanding of the politics and numbers involved. He has a better than 50 percent chance at this point.

Frankly i kind of home he wins to see the left's reaction in the states :)

TBH, this could have been a good topic for people to have consensus on, but the OP was a non-starter for adult conversation. 

I'll just say that it's good for politics in general that a guy like George Santos got turfed, and it's also good that it was done by congress without an expensive recall election.

1 hour ago, Caswell Thomas said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-r/2024/national/

In Feb Haley was at 7.2, now she's at 10.1 Up by a whopping 2.9%.

PLAN THE PARADE ROUTE!

Oh wait, Trump is up from 45.2% to 58.3% in that same period. 13.1%. 

In case you missed that, Trump's support was already 6x as high as hers was, and his increase was more than her total support. 

DeSantis was your best shot at beating Trump. He was polling quite well 1 year ago, but for some reason he can't translate his track record into popularity.

Maybe no one likes a constant stream of I told you so's.

On 12/4/2023 at 4:59 PM, Deluge said:

Nobody's even close to Trump. Once it's down to Trump and whichever a$$hole the dems prop up, Trump will get ALL of the Republicans and enough moderates to slam dunk his/her/its ass. 

I predict the Justice Department will get first pick of who dunks who, and Trumps dreams of "Kingship" will be more like Dreams of Grandeur as they pack him into his new mansion In Florence, Colorado with maximum security .

On 12/4/2023 at 5:28 PM, CdnFox said:

Actually based on polling and a number of other factors, Trump being president in 2024 is the most likely scenario.  Not by much - and campaigns absolutely matter so you can never say for sure.  But if you're dismissing him at this point it suggests you have a very weak understanding of the politics and numbers involved. He has a better than 50 percent chance at this point.

Frankly i kind of home he wins to see the left's reaction in the states :)

Don't know where your alleged facts on these demographics are coming from, even in his own party per a GOP conducted survey I saw yesterday he only has 34% on his own race for the Republican ticket. Overall he had 41%. It was on Mastadon. 

On 12/4/2023 at 5:53 PM, WestCanMan said:

In Feb Haley was at 7.2, now she's at 10.1 Up by a whopping 2.9%.

PLAN THE PARADE ROUTE!

Oh wait, Trump is up from 45.2% to 58.3% in that same period. 13.1%. 

In case you missed that, Trump's support was already 6x as high as hers was, and his increase was more than her total support. 

DeSantis was your best shot at beating Trump. He was polling quite well 1 year ago, but for some reason he can't translate his track record into popularity.

Maybe no one likes a constant stream of I told you so's.

If so, why in the neck would they want Trump then? Everything he says start   i told you...but among the younger voters he isn't doing at all well, and we Santos is actively hated by the younger crowd, Nikki and wonder of wonders Gov. Christy are much more popular; they font see Christy as a threat to their way of life which includes the medical care that is in Obama are that they have come to rely on that both draw the and Trump gave said they will get rid of. More importantly they see Trump as out of touch and a threat to American military recruitment. Governor Christie at least still believes in a strong military to protect the Country and not just be another private police force for the POTUS as they see in Trumps comments.  Sources: Truth Social, Mastadon, FOX News.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:42 PM, WestCanMan said:

TBH, this could have been a good topic for people to have consensus on, but the OP was a non-starter for adult conversation. 

I'll just say that it's good for politics in general that a guy like George Santos got turfed, and it's also good that it was done by congress without an expensive recall election.

And yet 112 Republicans voted not to expel him as opposed to only two Democrats. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Caswell Thomas said:

If so, why in the neck would they want Trump then? Everything he says start   i told you...but among the younger voters he isn't doing at all well, and we Santos is actively hated by the younger crowd, Nikki and wonder of wonders Gov. Christy are much more popular; they font see Christy as a threat to their way of life which includes the medical care that is in Obama are that they have come to rely on that both draw the and Trump gave said they will get rid of. More importantly they see Trump as out of touch and a threat to American military recruitment. Governor Christie at least still believes in a strong military to protect the Country and not just be another private police force for the POTUS as they see in Trumps comments.  Sources: Truth Social, Mastadon, FOX News.

Excuse the typos, there seems to be a delay on the part of the forum before something I write gets posted and during that pause, parts of what I wrote seem to be rewritten by...this others, with plenty of typos left in. 

2 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Don't know where your alleged facts on these demographics are coming from,

well i'm a pretty smart guy :P 

even in his own party per a GOP conducted survey I saw yesterday he only has 34% on his own race for the Republican ticket.

Well the aggregate polling shows he's brushing the 60's.

You could literally combine all the other votes and he's still winning. And he has the momentum.  He's going to start winning states shortly and it'll be all over.

As i commented on a previous thread, it almost seems like every time he got arrested his popularity went up. Anything could happen but i suspect he's going to be impossible to beat.

3 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

If so, why in the neck would they want Trump then? Everything he says start   i told you...

Geez, I dunno Caswell. Maybe because they want to elect a guy who actually makes the right decisions in the first place, instead of finding out how bad his choices were after America has suffered? 

America did very well under Trump. Everything came up aces. As soon as Biden took over everything went downhill. Literally every single thing. 

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

And yet 112 Republicans voted not to expel him as opposed to only two Democrats. 

That's not ideal, but almost 50% of Republicans voted to expel him.

How many Dems do you think would vote to expel Fetterman, a guy who's so mentally deficient that he can no longer hold a conversation in his only language? 

None. They just want their 1 vote for and they don't care how badly the American public was misled about his capabilities. 

Regardless of what Santos' shortcomings were, at least he was capable of doing his job. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Geez, I dunno Caswell. Maybe because they want to elect a guy who actually makes the right decisions in the first place, instead of finding out how bad his choices were after America has suffered? 

America did very well under Trump. Everything came up aces. As soon as Biden took over everything went downhill. Literally every single thing. 

Seems you missed the last 2 years when everything went to hell cause of Trump's incompetence managing the pandemic.

You do know that unemployment skyrocketed here, don't you? I guess you missed all of Trump's super-spreader events, too. ?

How many Dems do you think would vote to expel Fetterman, a guy who's so mentally deficient that he can no longer hold a conversation in his only language? 

None. They just want their 1 vote for and they don't care how badly the American public was misled about his capabilities. 

Regardless of what Santos' shortcomings were, at least he was capable of doing his job. 

I've seen Fetterman on TV and he's fine. What are you watching?

Except that is a complete and total lie. A shameless lie. Biden took over a dumpster fire and every metric improved. Most of them dramatically. And you know this, because your lies have been called out many times. What has Trump done for you that you're willing to do debase yourself and slither around saying the sky is green if it pleaseth master Trump? Have some dignity.

Which Santos personality was a successful Congressman? The drag queen? LMAO

Did you even hear about his colleague who gave him a campaign donation and Santos charged a lot more on the guy's credit card? Stealing from a fellow House Republican was probably the last straw at his ethics hearing. 

13 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

I predict the Justice Department will get first pick of who dunks who, and Trumps dreams of "Kingship" will be more like Dreams of Grandeur as they pack him into his new mansion In Florence, Colorado with maximum security .

The "DOJ" or "DOSAEJ" (Department of Social and Environmental Justice), will never get the chance.

There are no dreams of "Kingship". There's just: "How do we keep these woke a$$holes from destroying this country?". 

On 12/5/2023 at 9:23 PM, CdnFox said:

well i'm a pretty smart guy :P 

Well the aggregate polling shows he's brushing the 60's.

You could literally combine all the other votes and he's still winning. And he has the momentum.  He's going to start winning states shortly and it'll be all over.

As i commented on a previous thread, it almost seems like every time he got arrested his popularity went up. Anything could happen but i suspect he's going to be impossible to beat.

I suspect that once even his most ardent followers see him being required to be in Court and behave according to Court rules, and when he doesn't as expected, he will be sent to the silent box so the Court can proceed, and then when his followers see he is not, someone with all his claimed immunities from prosecution but just a convicted criminal on his way to The Big House, A lot of that "loyalty fascination " will evaporate like spilled milk on a hot pillow.

9 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

I suspect that once even his most ardent followers see him being required to be in Court and behave according to Court rules, and when he doesn't as expected, he will be sent to the silent box so the Court can proceed, and then when his followers see he is not, someone with all his claimed immunities from prosecution but just a convicted criminal on his way to The Big House, A lot of that "loyalty fascination " will evaporate like spilled milk on a hot pillow.

There's little evidence of that.  In fact if he was sent away for 'mouthing it up' in court they'd look at it as more 'trying to silence him'.  Democrat supporters have believed all along that his legal troubles would sink him and yet every time they heap on more he goes up in the polls.

I've laid out why i think that is previously - the dems shot themselves in the foot with 7 years of 'russian collusion' which was so obviuosly bull and improperly pursued that now thy feel ANY accusation is politically motivated. And now it's like every charge "proves" that to them even more.

The dems and their supporters aren't going to stop the trump train in court. That ship has sailed.  It's the next campaign that will matter, they have to make their case there.