Harper... Hate or Love?

Harper... Hate or Love???  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think it fair to profess hate for Harper. How can one hate an odiot savant. He is not responsible for his genes.

I am put in mind of Jane Wyman's description of Ronald Reagan (Reagan's first wife). She said that he was an "amiable dunce."

The difference is that Harper is not amiable.

This is a childish post. You don't like Harper's politics. Fine. But no one has ever suggested the man isn't extremely capable, intelligent, educated and knowledgeable.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't hate Harper (don't even know him). But I do think he's moderating his image and suppressing his personal political opinions in order to get elected. But that's just politics, not cause for hatred.

But as for him, I'm not convinced he has anything but contempt for humanity in general. :D

Contempt for humanity? :rolleyes:

Maybe he just has contempt for idiots.

Though I can understand how there'd be little difference for you.

I certainly don't hate Harper (don't even know him). But I do think he's moderating his image and suppressing his personal political opinions in order to get elected. But that's just politics, not cause for hatred.

But as for him, I'm not convinced he has anything but contempt for humanity in general. :D

Well I heard in his spare time he kills kittens and rapes puppy dogs...

I don't think it fair to profess hate for Harper. How can one hate an odiot savant. He is not responsible for his genes.

I am put in mind of Jane Wyman's description of Ronald Reagan (Reagan's first wife). She said that he was an "amiable dunce."

This is a childish post. You don't like Harper's politics. Fine. But no one has ever suggested the man isn't extremely capable, intelligent, educated and knowledgeable.

This whole thread is childish. Was it started by a conservative? If it was it was typical of the black/white, love/hate, with us/against us attitude of that party.

What if this thread wasn't started by a conservative? Shouldn't the thread speak for itself?

Hmmm, newbie for somebody who claimed to be 'neutral' when you got here that is a pretty partisan statement.

The us vs. them mentality is much more evident in the Martinite clan, which has lead to the internal war in the LPC.

This whole thread is childish. Was it started by a conservative? If it was it was typical of the black/white, love/hate, with us/against us attitude of that party.

What if this thread wasn't started by a conservative? Shouldn't the thread speak for itself?

Hmmm, newbie for somebody who claimed to be 'neutral' when you got here that is a pretty partisan statement.

The us vs. them mentality is much more evident in the Martinite clan, which has lead to the internal war in the LPC.

Internal war in the LPC??? They are the most united party in Canada!!! :D

Hmm, pretty nasty post berift of any intelligence itself, and I'm not sure how this type of smear adds to good government or discussion of such.

Eureka's posts symbolized the Martinites. Frustrated by the natural outcome of their terribly run campaign they have been reduced to name calling. Time is running out for you them. 16 more days, 16 more days, 16 more days.... :lol:

Hmm, pretty nasty post berift of any intelligence itself, and I'm not sure how this type of smear adds to good government or discussion of such.

Yes, Argus, I am a total idiot, but I'm not stupid enough to fall for the weed is "way more dangerous today because it's so much stronger than the stuff hippies used to smoke" argument. :P

Now that is scary scary, or maybe it's just pathetic.

Yes, Argus, I am a total idiot, but I'm not stupid enough to fall for the weed is "way more dangerous today because it's so much stronger than the stuff hippies used to smoke" argument. :P

Oh come on BM, I don't agree with that and I am voting CPC>

Well, Harper's neither amiable nor a dunce. And the contempt for humanity thing is only based on my own stoner vibes, and what's more reliable than strong stoner vibes? ;)

Hold on let me find where I put my weed... :P

Seriously I haven't smoked in years. What I do know is that the Conservatives may be a bit too right in some areas but they really need to take over from the Liberals and their culture of corruption and hatred...

Guest eureka

Where did you get the idea, Argus, that no one suggests that Harper is neither intelligent nor capable? I don't think he is either and I have suggested it on other accasions.

When I say that he is an idiot savant, I mean just that. He knows quite a lot about tax numbers but understand nothing about the ir effects. And, it appears that he knows little else since his whole wretched purpose in being seems to be to rant about cutting taxes.

That is the mark of an idiot savant.

His working life, such as it has been, has been devoted to the same single minded purpose and he has given no sign or evidence of being capable of doing anything but yack about cutting government and taxes.

He should have a firewall built around him. One that would keep the burning garbage in instead of smoking up the surrounding communities.

Yeah, but he's no George W. He knows his way around an ideology.

Is the left getting that scared??? :D

They seem to be, and seem to be resorting to the 'scary and neo-con' stuff which is really another form of scare tactic as the word is actually used as a slur and simply meant to insinuate more 'scary scary' stuff.

I'm not counting my chickens yet.

Yeah, but he's no George W. He knows his way around an ideology.

Is the left getting that scared??? :D

They seem to be, and seem to be resorting to the 'scary and neo-con' stuff which is really another form of scare tactic as the word is actually used as a slur and simply meant to insinuate more 'scary scary' stuff.

I'm not counting my chickens yet.

I'm with you... :)

Yes, Argus, I am a total idiot,

Thanks for sharing.

Where did you get the idea, Argus, that no one suggests that Harper is neither intelligent nor capable? I don't think he is either and I have suggested it on other accasions.

Okay, rephrase. No one who has ever met or worked with him, no one of any substance even among his opposition, no one in the major media, no one in government, including the Liberals and NDP.

No one not given to wild-eyed flights of rhetorical excess driven by hate and fear.

Wow, you are a single-mended automaton. Enough with attack attack attack.

No basis to it. Call it single-minded but a belief in his convictions is not enough to question Harper's intelligence.

Rephrase again, Argus. No one that you care to read or talk to, perhaps. There are a great many others who are not very impressed by his single minded ignorance.

Rephrase again, Argus. No one that you care to read or talk to, perhaps. There are a great many others who are not very impressed by his single minded ignorance.

I read and talk to you, don't I? There is only one person here I've ever put on ignore - and I can't even remember who it was. I think they were booted, though.