Harper... Hate or Love?

Harper... Hate or Love???  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If any random dude could coax over six pounds of weed outta one little plant in their backyard they are a magician who could magically make any charges go away. It would also be pretty tough to hide a plant like that. So your first example is pretty useless.

The only dude with that much weed at one place is the second guy you mentioned.

Personally, I have no problem with the cops turning a blind eye to kids smoking a joint or running around with a couple grams of pot on them. But over six pounds is some serious, serious weight.

btw Is anyone familiar enough with the drug laws to know *which* weight is used in court? i.e. the dry or wet?

Cops will weigh the dirt on the roots just to boost their numbers.

Wet Marijuana is heavy and 6.6 pounds would not be the total weight of  one medium sized living plant.

The guy with a plant in his back yard does not deserve two years in jail.

I will grant you that 6.6 pounds of dry Marijuana Buds is a heck of a lot. But you are probably only going to find that type of quantity among organized crime members. That is totally different. They made their choice, and they can deal with the consequences.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any random dude could coax over six pounds of weed outta one little plant in their backyard they are a magician who could magically make any charges go away. It would also be pretty tough to hide a plant like that. So your first example is pretty useless.

The only dude with that much weed at one place is the second guy you mentioned.

Personally, I have no problem with the cops turning a blind eye to kids smoking a joint or running around with a couple grams of pot on them. But over six pounds is some serious, serious weight.

btw Is anyone familiar enough with the drug laws to know *which* weight is used in court? i.e. the dry or wet?

Wet weed, a living plant. Can you not read or do you simply choose to ignore what people actually wrote? Do you think the cops trim the plants before they weigh them? The weigh stalk, leaves, roots and even the dirt on the roots. Six pounds of that is nothing. But again if you had bothered to actually read my post you would have seen where I already made that clear.

The weight used in court is the weight the cops give as evidence. Which is the most weight possible. They do the same crap when it comes to the value of Marijuana. They say it is worth $1000 per 1/4 pound. Where? Who the hell is paying that price? The answer is NOBODY. They inflate the numbers so the bust looks better. Remember Sgt. Stadenko:"The bigger the bust, the bigger the boost."

They will tell you " There was a hundred plants in that house, worth a thousand dollars each." Meanwhile there are ten mature plants, ten half done flowering, twenty that haven't started to flower, and the rest haven't even grown over seven or eight inches tall. But they are all worth a thousand dollars each. What a crock.

THP, you seem to know a lot of details around pot production. How does one become an expert in such things. And does it cause the munchies. B)

Uh-oh, conservative-logic-time children. I know some facts about marijuana, so Mr. Willy has taken it upon himself to infer I am a producer. Does knowledge of handguns make you a gangster? You just have to love the mindset around here.

Have you ever seen a live pot plant? The actual BUD, only makes up a small part of the total plant.

Have you ever seen cops do a bust on TV? (Documentary not COPS.)

The cops pull the plants out of the ground and take them away to be weighed. They do not take the leaves, roots or stalk off the plant before weighing it.

If you want to get some knowledge on Marijuana, just do a search on the net like I did. If you get a chance, watch some documentaries on the subject. Or buy a magazine, there are atleast two or three, probably more, monthly publications out there.

If you want a good laugh check out the movie GRASS. It protrays some hilarious stereotypes that where used to try and scare teenagers in the 50's or 60's.

And Bush is not a neo con or a conservative of any kind. He's simply a rich, daddy's boy opportunist.

That's true. Bush probably couldn't even define neocon. But he's a puppet president with neocons actually running the show. Cheney is a recent neocon convert (he used to be a moderate republican), Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz are definitive neocons. Condoleeza Rice--I don't think anybody's figured her out yet.

Uh-oh, conservative-logic-time children. I know some facts about marijuana, so Mr. Willy has taken it upon himself to infer I am a producer.

I would infer user more likely, but maybe just an interest.

I have no interest, so I have not done that search, like guns very little interest and very little knowledge.

I like business, sports, politics, so this is what I spend my time learning about. If you have a keen interest in recreational drugs enjoy.

What does it matter how they weigh the stuff? Enforce the law. If the law is no good then the debate happens and it must be changed. This adaptation of laws to emerging social norms always makes me scratch my head. If the politicians will not change a law it should be enforced until it is changed.

It was mentioned the price has been cut in half. The supply must have grown over the last 12 years. I wonder who benefits from these larger crops. I would guess the price decrease is not from a decrease in demand.

I personally think harper should be the prime minister of Canada (I wished for a Conservative Majority on new years :) 

I know alot of people dont like him,  I think those people are just robotic liberals who would rather have a 64 year old crook, then a 46 year old family guy, who follows ethics and morals-- and is trying to make life better and easier for the everyday HARDworking Canadian...

Cut the Gst (good!!)

Tax Break off Child Sports (Great!!!)

Lower tax on pensions (amazing!!!)

$1200 a year for each child under 6 (frikkin' awesome!!!)

Mandatory Prison Senteces for Gun Offenders (this guy knows what he's doing!)

Get rid of house arrest (pure genious!!)

So far... any complaints???

Im not gonna waste any more time going over all the policies,  just head on over to www.conservative.ca for a complete list.

I would LOVE a Harper majority. Do you know how badly this country needs one? The Liberal Party is just awful...I have never voted for them and I never will. Chretien destroyed Canada and it is just beyond painful being a federalist in Quebec living in a riding that votes 60% Liberal.

The Liberal Party preaches hate while the Conservative Party preaches change.

How does the Liberal party preach hate? From what I can tell from this site, the Conservatives are doing a whole lot of hating these days.

The Liberal Party preaches hatred for:

1) The truth that they committed a crime by creating the sponsorship scandal.

2) The Americans.

3) The average voter by thinking they must be so stupid to believe that Martin is the king of healthcare and social programs when he cut funding for them in 1995.

4) Canada by allowing Martin to fly the flags of foreign companies and not funding the military and protecting Canadian sovereignty in the Arctic.

The CPC is not hateful, they are just frustrated that voters in a G8 country would be so stupid to elect the hateful and corrupt Liberals.

2) The Americans.

3) The average voter by thinking they must be so stupid to believe that Martin is the king of healthcare and social programs when he cut funding for them in 1995.

4) Canada by allowing Martin to fly the flags of foreign companies and not funding the military and protecting Canadian sovereignty in the Arctic. 

The CPC is not hateful, they are just frustrated that voters in a G8 country would be so stupid to elect the hateful and corrupt Liberals.

1) They preach hatred because some ad agencies engineered some kickbacks? 2) Other than Carolyn Parrish, whom they expelled, they don't preach hatred against Americans. They preach Canadian sovereignty, which Conservatives don't seem to understand.

3) Canada was coming out of a recession in 1995 and, at the time, conservatives raved how Martin was finally balancing the budget.

4) I don't presume to know how the inner workings of international shipping companies. My guess, though, is that the flag flown has a lot more to do with paperwork and bottom-line taxation than with loyalty. The company's head office is in Canada. that's good enough for me.

Damn, I'm beginning to sound like a Liberal. :(

Oh I get it. Scary-scary-scary won't work anymore.

So make people afraid of the CPC by comparing them to the Republicans.

Man the desperation of the Liberals is comical.  :lol:

I'm not a liberal. I vote NDP (though I may, for the first time, be a strategic voter).

So how are the CPC different from the republicans? Stephen Harper comes from the same school of thought as David Frum. I can't see how they are anything but a GOP Mini-Me.

The Conservatives are as much like the GOP as the NDP is like the Russian or Chinese Communist parties. I'm sure if I went through the web sites of Communist parties in Europe I'd find all sorts of similarities to the NDP platform.

But the NDP are kind of irrelevent, so I won't bother.

Where does *Destructive Party of Canada* come from?

Oh that's right. If you oppose the Liberals then you are an enemy of Canada. I forgot. My bad.  :lol:

So is that supposed to represent the Conservatives, the Bloc Quebecois or the New Democrats?

Destructive comes from the outcome of their policies if they are given a chance to make them law.

Enough hints. You figure it out.

Well then, I suppose I should call the Liberals the Scum Party.

No hints needed. You figure it out.

Oh I get it. Scary-scary-scary won't work anymore.

So make people afraid of the CPC by comparing them to the Republicans.

Man the desperation of the Liberals is comical.  :lol:

I'm not a liberal. I vote NDP (though I may, for the first time, be a strategic voter).

So how are the CPC different from the republicans? Stephen Harper comes from the same school of thought as David Frum. I can't see how they are anything but a GOP Mini-Me.

The Conservatives are as much like the GOP as the NDP is like the Russian or Chinese Communist parties. I'm sure if I went through the web sites of Communist parties in Europe I'd find all sorts of similarities to the NDP platform.

But the NDP are kind of irrelevent, so I won't bother.

Agreed.

I love this whole "strategic voting" idea. I mean, if anything displays what intellectual bankruptcy lies behind the NDP this is it. A bunch of wine and cheese eating dilettantes.

The fact is that if the NDP are EVER to have a prayer of getting into power it will be as a reaction to the failure of a right wing government. Unless people are convinced that right wing policies are failures, are unworkable, are harmful to them, they will never veer over to the left far enough for the NDP to have even the moderate success of becoming the Official Opposition.

And yet many cheese-eaters who vote NDP are so terrified and feel so much bile towards conservatives that if it ever looks like the Liberal government might fall to them (and who else are they going to fall for?) they'll rush over to support the Liberals! All this ensures, if we presumed there were enough nitwits who were regular NDP voters to really matter, is a continual Liberal government.

So let me see if I got you straight. The only time you'll vote NDP is if you think they're actually poised to knock off the Liberal government, or if you're assured the Liberals will get in anyway. Is that about it?

With dedicated voters like you, it's no wonder the NDP has made such strides over the past twenty five years. :P

2) The Americans.

1) They preach hatred because some ad agencies engineered some kickbacks? 2) Other than Carolyn Parrish, whom they expelled, they don't preach hatred against Americans. They preach Canadian sovereignty, which Conservatives don't seem to understand.

3) Canada was coming out of a recession in 1995 and, at the time, conservatives raved how Martin was finally balancing the budget.

4) I don't presume to know how the inner workings of international shipping companies. My guess, though, is that the flag flown has a lot more to do with paperwork and bottom-line taxation than with loyalty. The company's head office is in Canada. that's good enough for me.

Damn, I'm beginning to sound like a Liberal. :(

You mean.... stupid?

Guest eureka

I don't think it fair to profess hate for Harper. How can one hate an odiot savant. He is not responsible for his genes.

I am put in mind of Jane Wyman's description of Ronald Reagan (Reagan's first wife). She said that he was an "amiable dunce."

The difference is that Harper is not amiable.

I certainly don't hate Harper (don't even know him). But I do think he's moderating his image and suppressing his personal political opinions in order to get elected. But that's just politics, not cause for hatred.

But as for him, I'm not convinced he has anything but contempt for humanity in general. :D

I certainly don't hate Harper (don't even know him). But I do think he's moderating his image and suppressing his personal political opinions in order to get elected. But that's just politics, not cause for hatred.

But as for him, I'm not convinced he has anything but contempt for humanity in general. :D

Contempt for Liberal hatred of Canadian humanity...