Federal government releases new draft regulations on clean electricity, The regulations would drive up the cost of energy "slightly"

28 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Hahahahahahahahaha...

Actually I would just increase taxes on the rich, increase welfare rates and put price controls on fruit and holidays.

Problem solved.

I'm sure you don't mind paying a little extra.  Because you care!

Hmmm...would you like a bigger shovel?

Nobody increases taxes on the rich. Increasing welfare only drives the economy deeper. Price controls would result in those crops not being planted.

Your "solution" would result in a disaster. But hey...you don't care so...ya...there's that.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hmmm...would you like a bigger shovel?

Nobody increases taxes on the rich. Increasing welfare only drives the economy deeper. Price controls would result in those crops not being planted.

Your "solution" would result in a disaster. But hey...you don't care so...ya...there's that.

I realize the rich are very important to you.  Me, not so much.

Holiday crops are always a problem.  Climate change is only going to make things worse. 

Just now, bcsapper said:

I realize the rich are very important to you.  Me, not so much.

Holiday crops are always a problem.  Climate change is only going to make things worse. 

The top 20 percent of income-earning families are the only income group that pays proportionately more in income taxes than they earn in income. Specifically, the top 20 percent pays nearly two-thirds of all income taxes (64.4 percent) while earning approximately half of all income (49.1 percent).

You are a cold hearted id1ot. You make abhorrent statements which, as far as I'm concerned, should be posted on billboards nation wide.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You are a cold hearted id1ot. You make abhorrent statements which, as far as I'm concerned, should be posted on billboards nation wide.

I never realised they were that important to you!

Well, live and learn, eh?

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I never realised they were that important to you!

Well, live and learn, eh?

I live and learn.

Unfortunately...you're admittedly mired in hatred and lies.

Meh...Libbies...

I really think we need to take all the openly hateful statements of you destructive nerds, and post them on billboards everywhere nation wide.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I live and learn.

Unfortunately...you're admittedly mired in hatred and lies.

Meh...Libbies...

I really think we need to take all the openly hateful statements of you destructive nerds, and post them on billboards everywhere nation wide.

Go ahead.  I'll sign 'em!

Interesting topic. Or it would be if anyone was talking about it instead of hurling abuse at each other over interest rates and coffee. 

With regard to electricity costs we can see Ontario as a guide there. The Liberals, under Trudeau mentor Gerry Butts, went all-in on green energy and doubled energy rates. The Trudeau plan is not going to increase energy costs 'slightly' but 'massively'. The Conference Board of Canada has pegged the cost at transforming the electric grid in the short period Trudeau has allowed at approximately $1.7 trillion. Someone has to pay for that.

With regard to taxing 'the rich', Canada taxes the 'well off', not the rich. Our highest tax bracket is higher than that of the Americans and begins to apply at less than half the salary. 

And then there's the point of all this. The reason why we should all make sacrifices and let our economy deteriorate. That's so Trudeau can stand on a podium, hands on hips, head back, smirk in place, while the climate crowd rains accolades on his head. 

Anyone who images there is any other purpose to it doesn't understand either science or economics. Or, for that matter, basic arithmetic. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Go ahead.  I'll sign 'em!

I don't need your scrawl. But I do think Polievre and the Republicans should be made aware of this tactic.

Hmmm...I think its time for me to do a little more than just expose you hate filled twits here on the internet.

Time to fry some fish.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't need your scrawl. But I do think Polievre and the Republicans should be made aware of this tactic.

Hmmm...I think its time for me to do a little more than just expose you hate filled twits here on the internet.

Time to fry some fish.

Oh No!  What have I done?

The elites pushing climate change panic do not believe what they are saying.

They are doing it for another purpose. We can all speculate or have opinions on why.

Sales and use of private jets has skyrocketed in the last 4 years, increasing by $billions$ every year, expected to reach $162 billion by 2025. An annual growth rate of 7.4%. Summer travel by private jet is 50% higher than pre-pandemic levels. The industry is expecting to expand far beyond historical levels in the next 2 years.

A person flying on a private jet emits 10-20 times as much carbon as a commercial liner.

In the U.S., there is no tax on the sale of private jets or on private air travel. There is only a small surcharge on the sale of jet fuel.

No.

They don't actually believe any of the rhetoric and panic and emergency that they are trying to sell the public.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

They are doing it for another purpose. We can all speculate or have opinions on why.

Sales and use of private jets has skyrocketed in the last 4 years, increasing by $billions$ every year, expected to reach $162 billion by 2025. An annual growth rate of 7.4%. Summer travel by private jet is 50% higher than pre-pandemic levels. The industry is expecting to expand far beyond historical levels in the next 2 years.

A person flying on a private jet emits 10-20 times as much carbon as a commercial liner.

In the U.S., there is no tax on the sale of private jets or on private air travel. There is only a small surcharge on the sale of jet fuel.

No.

They don't actually believe any of the rhetoric and panic and emergency that they are trying to sell the public.

Precisely. Trudeau supposedly really cares and yet did nohting to reach his paris agreements. THe carbon tax is an utter failure as a climate change fighter but he still raises it knowing it hurts the economy which hurts our ability to do real climate change work.

Soooo - pretty obvious that he doesn't believe a word of this stuff.  Same with biden, same with most.  Those who do anything for the most part virtue signal.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No.

If they believe in it, the sacrifices to fight it are only for everyone else.

• Like 1

And WHY is private jet sales and travel increasing exponentially?

Because the elites just raped and pillaged the middle class in the name of a "health emergency".

Now they want to continue to rape and pillage humanity in the name of a "climate emergency".

A "climate emergency" they don't even believe is happening.

But they need YOU to believe it. So they're employing the same "modeling" predictions and fear-mongering as they did during covid.

How did that work out for us?

Not well. But it sure worked out for them.

Edited by Goddess

32 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And WHY is private jet sales and travel increasing exponentially?

Because the elites just raped and pillaged the middle class in the name of a "health emergency".

Now they want to continue to rape and pillage humanity in the name of a "climate emergency".

A "climate emergency" they don't even believe is happening.

But they need YOU to believe it. So they're employing the same "modeling" predictions and fear-mongering as they did during covid.

How did that work out for us?

Not well. But it sure worked out for them.

That’s why I focus on fighting pollution rather than climate change by itself, because we can’t do much right now to reverse climate change without destroying our economy. China, India, and our mass immigration undoes our climate change efforts 1000 times over.  We can clean our air, water, and soil somewhat, and safeguard habitats/forests/marine life for Canadians.  We should mostly focus on climate action that has clear cut advantages for Canadians. Improving the speed and number of rail options is a good example.  Sensible climate policy must have clear benefits at a reasonable cost. Pretending we can provide all our energy through wind or solar or that we can reverse climate change by raising the cost of living and doing business for Canadians seems very foolish and shortsighted to me.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s why I focus on fighting pollution rather than climate change by itself, because we can’t do much right now to reverse climate change without destroying our economy. China, India, and our mass immigration undoes our climate change efforts 1000 times over.  We can clean our air, water, and soil somewhat, and safeguard habitats/forests/marine life for Canadians.  We should mostly focus on climate action that has clear cut advantages for Canadians. Improving the speed and number of rail options is a good example.  Sensible climate policy must have clear benefits at a reasonable cost. Pretending we can provide all our energy through wind or solar or that we can reverse climate change by raising the cost of living and doing business for Canadians seems very foolish and shortsighted to me.

I would vote for you.

• Thanks 1