Is Pushing Body Positivity a Form of Abuse?

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

By your logic, I should make generalizations based on the most extreme of examples.

When they are the ones driving the insane ideologies, they must be used as examples. 

I don't see why they wouldn't.

If non binary men, push that they must be treated as women the moment they tell you they are women that level of extreme must be looked at.

Its not based on fact, for starters.

1 minute ago, Perspektiv said:

When they are the ones driving the insane ideologies, they must be used as examples. 

I don't see why they wouldn't.

If non binary men, push that they must be treated as women the moment they tell you they are women that level of extreme must be looked at.

Its not based on fact, for starters.

Well.. I will choose to live in the real world where extreme examples are not representative of the whole. Its your reality.. see it how you will. Its a great thing that I do not have your views at my current job. I have had some incredibly low-IQ folks come my way being as I do deal with the public... however, every case is unique and so I do not automatically assume that they are like those id10ts. 

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Well.. I will choose to live in the real world where extreme examples are not representative of the whole.

Am in the black community. 

Many black people are against reparations. Its the loudest, most entitled minority that are for them. Demand them, even.

Of course they don't speak for the all, but they are loud enough that there are people looking at me at times. 

Looting. Most black people hate these people. Hurricane, and you steal a TV. I had countless people ask me: "why do your people keep stealing...".

I dated white women who had been with black men who cheated.

Black culture in general, hip hop and the like, glorify cheating. Polygamy.

Of course not all, but what is wrong with looking at the loudest demographic? People wanting to normalize such behaviors? 

I am not going to be politically correct about it, and mention only "12% of obese people feel entitled to being treated no different than fit athletes..." because its an opinion.

Real world has most people not being morbidly obese, and just going on about their days. 

Online world, has people pushing this insanity,  knowing they would get ridiculed in real life. They get heavy traction, no pun intended. Honest.

12 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Many black people are against reparations. Its the loudest, most entitled minority that are for them.  

More overconfident opinioneering....

77% of Black Americans support reparations 17% oppose them.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/11/28/black-and-white-americans-are-far-apart-in-their-views-of-reparations-for-slavery/

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

But they're all a kind of moralizing, right ?

Sounds like you are unsure what morality is. This is a serious warning sign. You may need to have yourself treated for liberalism.

Morals are related to cultural values. What's moral can be different at different places and times in history. Morality, is sociology. As in the social sciences.

Whereas health science is about our human bodies, is not really subject to debate or interpretation.

Having said that I don't wish ill will on fatties, or that anyone should hate themselves for it.

Besides, someone has to love the fatties... and that would be... fat men.   ;) 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Sounds like you are unsure what morality is. This is a serious warning sign. You may need to have yourself treated for liberalism.

2. Morals are related to cultural values. What's moral can be different at different places and times in history. Morality, is sociology. As in the social sciences.

Whereas health science is about our human bodies, is not really subject to debate or interpretation.

Having said that I don't wish ill will on fatties, or that anyone should hate themselves for it.

Besides, someone has to love the fatties... and that would be... fat men.   ;) 

1. No, I'm just trying to get you to commit 

.2. people used to say those who called out drinking or tobacco use were left as Puritans, kind of related to all of this.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No, I'm just trying to get you to commit 

.2. people used to say those who called out drinking or tobacco use were left as Puritans, kind of related to all of this.

1. As a conservative in all seriousness, I don't have a problem with committing. Since we are all here to improve mankind. It only becomes a problem when you get to the point of moral relativism. Then the liberal ideology begins to break down, until it can no longer define or defend itself.

21 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

every case is unique 

Correct, but in general, if you're morbidly obese, odds are incredibly strong that you:

-lead a sedentary lifestyle.

-eat unhealthy foods in unhealthy amounts. 

-have diabetes, high blood blessure, high cholesterol, or all of the above if not other illnesses often caused by a poor diet, and or sloth.

This isn't discrimination, its a fact.

Morbid obesity, more than likely can be traced to a lot of poor choices.

Depression is hard to conquer. Mental health issues. We all have them. There is no denying, that some people have underlying issues to why they eat the way that they do.

But I don't understand how its helpful to pretend that there is nothing wrong and get the help we need. How it should be implemented that making excuses is okay.

Or how doing so, somehow is good for you. Just stuff an entire cake down your throat daily. Anyone who tells you you aren't beautiful, is fat shaming.

Anyone who cares, including your doctor, will be concerned.

Dangerous, is a doctor feeling they have to lie to you, to avoid being seen as racist or discriminatory.

Totally different subject, but the position some find themselves when it comes down to gender dysphoria.

America is fat because the government made a deal many years ago to push grains as the staple of a "good diet".

If you don't want fat kids, mother's milk, then keep white bread, breakfast cereal and the like, to a dull roar. Promote meats fruits and vegetables. 

Et voila...your children will be much more healthy and will be much less likely to be fat.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, Michael Hardner said:

More overconfident opinioneering....

77% of Black Americans support reparations 17% oppose them.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/11/28/black-and-white-americans-are-far-apart-in-their-views-of-reparations-for-slavery/

77% of black people support receiving free money...go figure.

Gawd why are some people so thick?

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Would it kill you to acknowledge my point then. Sheesh ?

You had a point. Here's another.

The Irish were discriminated against harshly by the British decendants here for quite some time. I have Irish pioneers in my bloodline. How much free money should I get?

Just now, Perspektiv said:

You're not high enough on the victim Olympics scale. 

You'd be lucky to get a Tim Hortons gift card from the government.

Now if you're high on it plus trending, you could be up for millions. 

I WANT MY GIFT CARD GAWD DAMNIT!

On 8/3/2023 at 5:37 PM, Perspektiv said:

We are in an era, where obesity is no longer something that should be mocked. 

Fat shaming, and similar terms were coined as a means of singling out those who judge others based on their weight.

Champions of body positivity like singer Lizzo strongly believe in the love of your curves, regardless of their size.

Some experts feel this removes accountability, which encourages unhealthy lifestyles.

Is that above assumption the epitome of prejudice?

Is pushing body positivity a form of abuse?

Some forms of prejudice are based on factors that can't be changed. Prejudice against someone based on color, national origin or sex is not only wrong, it is ILLEGALLY in the United States. Prejudice EXISTS in all human behavior, but only certain kinds of prejudice are illegal.

Being a FATA$$ is 100 percent voluntary. Fat people were not born that way. They ATE their way to having their own zip code. They couldn't pass a donut shop or pizza buffet and now step on a scale and break it. And you can only tell that to their faces because your car probably doesn't have enough gas in the car for you to drive around them to say it behind their backs.

The EATING that created the obesity in the first place IS THE ABUSE. Obesity KILLS people. And if you EAT your way to the point where you need a semi tractor trailer to haul your a$$ to the nearest pizza buffet, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE COMMITTING ABUSE.

In some ways, water buffaloes like Lizzo are admired because they flaunt those thousands of acres of cellulite with skimpy clothes and a total lack of shame. I don't have a problem with a fat lady being proud of her rolls of fat, since we all agree that it isn't over until that fat lady sings.

Kinda brings back memories of a Bundy we all know and love. (Not Ted.)

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2023 at 7:30 PM, herbie said:

Yet another case of those anti-woke people who just can't MYOB manage to turn everything ass-backwards so that suggesting to people they shouldn't ashamed of being fat, coloured or queer is "abuse" or "discrimination" against people who aren't.

MYOFB if you don't like it shuddup!

I agree that when it comes to a person's appearance (at least in terms of poundage) we should probably do as you say and mind our own fugging business.

Kinda hard to do when a fat chick in a skimpy swim suit stands up and blocks out the sun to the entire beach, turning the whole area into night.

Kinda hard to do when a fattie goes bungee jumping and breaks the bridge.

Kinda hard to do when the fat chick's hips are in different time zones.

Kinda hard to do when the fattie gets in the tub and the toilet water overflows.

Kinda hard to do when fattie visits the zoo and the animals hide their food.

Kinda hard when the fattie is Britain’s fattest spy, codename was 00000000000000000007.

AND IT'S KINDA HARD WHEN A FATTIE'S FLESH EATING BACTERIA DIES FROM EXHAUSTION.

Used to get a kick out of 600 lb life on TV.

I have no idea how I got like this... (stops for 7pc chicken snack on way to weight clinic...)

I was waiting for the doctor  to tell someone, You're supposed to eat just the fiet, not my diet as well... sort of like thinking drinking Diet Coke with a cheeseburger and fries & dessert will make you skinny.

The wife was fairly large, one day her friend asked what her son's name was and I piped up "Gilbert Grape". She punched me so hard I fell off my chair.
I'm not skinny myself. When I was 20 I was 6'2"  - 200lbs, played college rugby and punched out a dork at Motor Vehicles who told me I was 'grossly obese' and needed a medical certificate to apply for a taxi driver license.

On 8/9/2023 at 2:49 PM, impartialobserver said:

If and when I see someone who is not 100 lbs... I simply go about my business. Lots of other things that I could be critical of in others and myself. However,  unlike others on here, I do not claim to be perfect. 

Nobody is claiming perfection. If you're morbidly obese pushing that it is perfectly normal and healthy even, at what point does this stop simply being proud of your body, to being abusive, and hurtful to its recipient? 

I see this as no less harmful as dumbing down something more, just because some don't get it. 

To a point where the dilution is harmful to others, as you're no longer presenting the workforce of the future with competence. You're doing so with people whom you have spared the feelings of.

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Nobody is claiming perfection. If you're morbidly obese pushing that it is perfectly normal and healthy even, at what point does this stop simply being proud of your body, to being abusive, and hurtful to its recipient? 

I see this as no less harmful as dumbing down something more, just because some don't get it. 

To a point where the dilution is harmful to others, as you're no longer presenting the workforce of the future with competence. You're doing so with people whom you have spared the feelings of.

problem with this is that you stated earlier that most do not celebrate obesity. That contradicts your whole schpiel.