Do we agree? Term & Age Limits in Congress?

Age & Term Limits  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I love that leftists are talking about mental health issues all of a sudden after trying to pretend that Biden and Fetterman were mentally competent enough to run for office in the last couple elections.

Is it international hypocrisy day or something?

Am I supposed to pretend that I'd never vote for someone just because they were crass enough to get banned from a dive bar now? 

Obviously this is occurring in both parties.  
You’re the partisan hack thinking it impacts only one party.

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Trump was "sharp as a tac'

When you pit both leaders together, Trump is incredibly sharp in comparison. Biden gets his nickname for a reason. He is often requiring of naps, because his age no longer permits him to have the energy that he used to. This should be understandable. He is literally an elderly person.

Correct on both having been heavily affected by father time.

Again, my point is proven in that there should be age cut offs for this position.

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

and just floor it.

You have literally described how it seems most elderly people drive.

They reverse on a basis that they have earned the right not to give a f*** if you're about to get between them  and them fully reversing out of their parking spot. 

I have seen it at least 3-4 times in recent years, that a senior was trying to park, floored their gas, panicked and either flipped their car over, drove through a store front window or nearly drive over pedestrians, accidentally.

I get the point you were trying to make, however.

Trump is not one to follow instructions, and likes to wing everything.

Some things in life can't be winged. Baking, architectural design, and running the most powerful country in the world. 

Based on the fact his winging things in business have created bankruptcies, you would think he would be the utmost dutiful in listening to his experts, but again, his narssissism made him resistant to criticism.

A major issue with dictators. They need to be surrounded by yes men, and don't like to hear the truth.

Same reason Putin pulled the trigger on a conflict, due to bad intel. 

Trump was actually getting good intel during the capitol hill fiasco, but chose to ignore it.

He's a bull in a China shop that just had its concrete walls converted to glass, and its hardwood floor waxed.

Most Americans got whiplash past his administration on some: "what the f*** was that?!"

Biden was the equivalent of putting a kitten in the same China shop. 

Predictable, and safe. 

But that cat done s**t and p**s all over the floor, and scraped the walls. 

It sucks, it still stinks (this time literally), but at least it's not a bull, right?

4 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Predictable, and safe. 

Its also my theory why people don't get on his case for sniffing people.

image.thumb.png.405f422f377c440588df600fafb63afe.png

He's so old and lost, its adorable like the above. 

Not quite the projection you want for a super power, but again. Beats a bull.

The US need a shark. A Rottweiler will do.

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Biden definitely has issues. But from what I've seen he's a better president on his worst day than Trump ever was on his best.

Wow, that's quite a deep. thoughtful, insightful analysis.

Tell me, when was Trump's Afghanistan withdrawal? When did Trump have to commit a terrorist attack? How many wars started in Europe when Trump was president? How bad was inflation? Did Trump have to lie about it? How high were interest rates? 

You must be in grade 6.

52 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Where did Biden "promote CRT"? Link?

In never heard him mention it.

You haven't heard a lot of things, apparently. Far be it for me to educate a so-called American about his country's president.

But, here you go little fella.-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/01/20/biden-executive-order-overturns-trump-diversity-training-ban/4236891001/

55 minutes ago, robosmith said:

In never heard him mention it.

“In the weeks ahead, I will be reaffirming the federal government’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and accessibility, building on the work we started in the Obama-Biden administration. That’s why I’m rescinding the previous administration’s harmful ban on diversity and sensitivity training,” Biden said in remarks delivered Tuesday. “Unity and healing must begin with understanding and truth, not ignorance and lies.”

The stated objective of Donald Trump's executive order issued in late September was "to combat offensive and anti-American race and sex stereotyping and SCAPEGIOTING."

Yeah scapegoating... we saw what happened to a principal in Toronto when he was scape-goated to death for simply speaking out on a relatively minor issue. THAT is what you people are bringing to the dialogue.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Obviously this is occurring in both parties.  

What makes you say that? McConnell's brain cramp?

FYI Mitch McConnell has been healthy and capable for his whole political career until that moment. What happened to Mitch one single time, 3 years into his term, isn't comparable to what was happening with Biden and Fetterman on a daily basis ever since we started watching them on the campaign trail. Hillary had two fainting spells before the 2016 election. She also had "two bouts of temporary amnesia" (both times when she was going to be interrogated by the FBI) if you can believe that.

Even young people occasionally have spells like what McConnell went through. An alarming number of athletes collapse on the field and some of them die. No one thought that any of them were "too old to be elected", or even too unhealthy to play sports.

Comparing McConnell to people like Hillary, Biden and Fetterman is a joke. They're nothing alike. If McConnell's health doesn't improve he should quit imo. 

40 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

When you pit both leaders together, Trump is incredibly sharp in comparison. Biden gets his nickname for a reason. He is often requiring of naps, because his age no longer permits him to have the energy that he used to. This should be understandable. He is literally an elderly person.

Correct on both having been heavily affected by father time.

Again, my point is proven in that there should be age cut offs for this position.

You have literally described how it seems most elderly people drive.

They reverse on a basis that they have earned the right not to give a f*** if you're about to get between them  and them fully reversing out of their parking spot. 

I have seen it at least 3-4 times in recent years, that a senior was trying to park, floored their gas, panicked and either flipped their car over, drove through a store front window or nearly drive over pedestrians, accidentally.

I get the point you were trying to make, however.

Trump is not one to follow instructions, and likes to wing everything.

Some things in life can't be winged. Baking, architectural design, and running the most powerful country in the world. 

Based on the fact his winging things in business have created bankruptcies, you would think he would be the utmost dutiful in listening to his experts, but again, his narssissism made him resistant to criticism.

A major issue with dictators. They need to be surrounded by yes men, and don't like to hear the truth.

Same reason Putin pulled the trigger on a conflict, due to bad intel. 

Trump was actually getting good intel during the capitol hill fiasco, but chose to ignore it.

He's a bull in a China shop that just had its concrete walls converted to glass, and its hardwood floor waxed.

Most Americans got whiplash past his administration on some: "what the f*** was that?!"

Biden was the equivalent of putting a kitten in the same China shop. 

Predictable, and safe. 

But that cat done s**t and p**s all over the floor, and scraped the walls. 

It sucks, it still stinks (this time literally), but at least it's not a bull, right?

But like this one’s like a raccoon and this one’s like a sheep and that one’s like a motorcycle and that one’s like a porcupine… you make no sense whatsoever.  

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

What makes you say that? McConnell's brain cramp?

FYI Mitch McConnell has been healthy and capable for his whole political career until that moment. What happened to Mitch one single time, 3 years into his term, isn't comparable to what was happening with Biden and Fetterman on a daily basis ever since we started watching them on the campaign trail. Hillary had two fainting spells before the 2016 election. She also had "two bouts of temporary amnesia" (both times when she was going to be interrogated by the FBI) if you can believe that.

Even young people occasionally have spells like what McConnell went through. An alarming number of athletes collapse on the field and some of them die. No one thought that any of them were "too old to be elected", or even too unhealthy to play sports.

Comparing McConnell to people like Hillary, Biden and Fetterman is a joke. They're nothing alike. If McConnell's health doesn't improve he should quit imo. 

You’re only fooling yourself.  Take a look at all the octogenarians in the US Senate. They’re all too old for the job.  

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

But like this one’s like a raccoon and this one’s like a sheep and that one’s like a motorcycle and that one’s like a porcupine… you make no sense whatsoever.  

You’re only fooling yourself.  Take a look at all the octogenarians in the US Senate. They’re all too old for the job.  

Buddy, putting a guy in Biden's state in the WH was an atrocity. The fate of the entire world is in his enfeebled hands, and it's no surprise to any of the adults in the room that everything is going to hell in a handbasket. 

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So your saying, you approve of Biden promoting CRT but not Trump when he ditched it for federal workers.

"Because Trunp"  ?

Trump doesn't give a damn about CRT. He did ditch it - six months before the election. After someone told him it would be good publicity. And obviously I don't approve of CRT or any of that other woke crap. Which ought to make me more approving of Republicans than I am. And would, if Trump wasn't an incompetent twat and his party wasn't fixated on abortion and making sure every cradle had an AK-47 in it.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Wow, that's quite a deep. thoughtful, insightful analysis.

Not untruthful, however.

Tell me, when was Trump's Afghanistan withdrawal?

Trump set the timeline. It was Trump who announced the US was leaving and thus encouraged the Taliban. And at least Biden, unlike Trump, doesn't pucker up and get on his knees every time some dictator smiles at him.

When did Trump have to commit a terrorist attack? How many wars started in Europe when Trump was president? How bad was inflation? Did Trump have to lie about it? How high were interest rates? 

You must be in grade 6.

You aren't even that high if you don't understand the years long process for things like inflation and wars to start. Hey, maybe if free-spending Trump hadn't blasted out such huge deficits inflation wouldn't be so bad.

10 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

ℹ️ To set term and age limits for members of Congress, it would indeed require a constitutional amendment.

gettyimages-90945271-bd8870651740ca5bb8a3f50936a6eb1810f911d6-s800-c85.webp

The process to amend the United States Constitution is outlined in Article V of the Constitution and involves two possible paths:

Proposal by Congress: An amendment can be proposed by a two-thirds (supermajority) vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

This is a ridiculous suggestion. There will be no age limits on congress. Despite how popular that would be. The US isn't exactly a democracy, you know.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

My post makes sense to anyone with common sense who read it.

Both are horrible leaders well past their sell by date. If you can't see what makes them both bad, then you prove why you wouldn't understand my post.

16 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Both are horrible leaders well past their sell by date. If you can't see what makes them both bad, then you prove why you wouldn't understand my post.

Except you can’t actually tell us anything Biden is doing badly. That’s the problem with all the Biden critics: They’re personality driven.

Our economy is going gangbusters, if you haven’t noticed. Every economic indicator is up. Interest rates have risen to a stable 20 year high, and the economy continues to power on. 

Biden got all of NATO to agree to support Ukraine, and he got Congressional support as well.  There are very effective worldwide sanctions in place on Russia.  

So, what is your criticism? It’s a bunch of 3 year-old mentality rubbish.  Yes, the lifelong stutterer still stutters.  Well, FDR didn’t learn how to walk when he was President, and we did great under his leadership.  

Edited by Rebound

14 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Not untruthful, however.

You barfed out a platitude; nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't even worthy of being called a lie, it was banal and stupid at best. 

Trump set the timeline. It was Trump who announced the US was leaving and thus encouraged the Taliban. And at least Biden, unlike Trump, doesn't pucker up and get on his knees every time some dictator smiles at him.

Biden set his own timeline, and he proved to be incapable of managing a proper withdrawal within that timeframe.

His timeline also angered the Taliban, because they had a deal in place, and it set up a 9/11 victory/freedom celebration in Afghanistan that will live on for centuries. 

To make matters worse, he chose the wrong airport, and let all the terrorists out of the jail in Bagram just in time to make the withdrawal worse. Then he didn't communicate with any of his allies, making their own withdrawals complicated and difficult. No one even knew that Bagram was being surrendered to the Talis. It was unconscionable. 

Biden made his own choices and every single one of them was atrocious. Then he had to lie about stranding Americans in Afghanistan and his MSM went along with him. 

Drone-striking/murdering a carload of children and pretending that they were Al Qaeda was the brief highlight of his withdrawal, that's how bad it was. 

You aren't even that high if you don't understand the years long process for things like inflation and wars to start. Hey, maybe if free-spending Trump hadn't blasted out such huge deficits inflation wouldn't be so bad.

Good gawd you're stupid.

Do you know how long ago Trudeau started killing the energy sector/raising energy prices? And then Biden? Conservatives were predicting way back then what effect it would have on the economy. Then when inflation hit in earnest leftists denied that it even existed. Then it was 'transitory'. Then it was Putin's fault. Then it was "a quick interest rate hike to get it in check", now it's "interest rates might keep rising 'til the end of 2024 because inflation is stubborn, hyuk hyuk". 

And would you look at that sports fans, again you're blaming Trump for things that we warned you would happen if you went full leftard. Biden spent trillions and that lowers the value of the dollar. It's a basic fact of economics. 

Do you know how long it took for the Rus/Ukr war to start buddy? 

Biden and his family weren't just in Ukraine to do some carpetbagging: the Obama administration believed that Ukraine should be a part of NATO, and Biden has made declarative statements about the likelihood of Ukraine joining NATO on a consistent basis from the time the Bidens started bilking Ukraine right up to the beginning of his own administration. 

That's why Russia annexed Crimea when Obama was still in power - they couldn't afford their naval base there ending up as a NATO base. And it's why they attacked again when Doltin' DOH assumed the presuhhhduncy. 

Leftards have no clue why that war started. You're all blissfully unaware. It's unbelievable how stupid and credulous you all are. 

47 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Trump doesn't give a damn about CRT. He did ditch it - six months before the election. After someone told him it would be good publicity. And obviously I don't approve of CRT or any of that other woke crap. Which ought to make me more approving of Republicans than I am. And would, if Trump wasn't an incompetent twat and his party wasn't fixated on abortion and making sure every cradle had an AK-47 in it.

God forbid you agree with anything that points out the grave injustices that black people face. But of course you won’t admit that you’re racist.  

Now you're being an ageist.

FYI some people are quite mentally competent at 88 while others are already slipping into dementia at 55. Age isn't a line in the sand where you can accurately predict one's mental health. 

With Biden the signs of mental degeneration have always been there since the start of his 2016 campaign: confusion, irrational outbursts of anger, an inability to form cohesive sentences, mumbling/slurring/stuttering, problems with balance and coordination, etc.  

It takes all of the medical expertise of the best doctors and pharmacists on the planet just to keep him lucid for short bursts at midday and for a half-hour or so on a few select evenings each week. He's a shambling wreck of a once partially capable yet morally repugnant man. 

12 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Except you can’t actually tell us anything Biden is doing badly. That’s the problem with all the Biden critics: They’re personality driven.

OMG. The Afghan withdrawal? Domestic division? Forcing people to take the vax? Inflation? A war in Europe?

Trump just got the world back to 'stable' after Obama's whirlwind failure (rise of islamic state & Russia overtaking Crimea for starters), then Biden came in and the world went to shit again. Al Qaeda is back and so is war in Europe.

Interest rates have risen to a stable 20 year high, 

Yay? Are you kidding right now? 

Kudos for finally acknowledging inflation, although I have to admit that I find it somewhat disconcerting that leftists are partially telling the truth now. 

Biden got all of NATO to agree to support Ukraine, and he got Congressional support as well.  There are very effective worldwide sanctions in place on Russia.

Biden is not leading NATO lol. Even his closest allies were abandoned in Afghanistan and they haven't forgotten. 

Congressional support just means "We ❤️ war-bucks". 

So, what is your criticism? It’s a bunch of 3 year-old mentality rubbish.   

Biden is an abject failure of a president and your complete inability to acknowledge that fact is one of the least surprising things I've ever seen in my life. 

59 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Did you think that he was really going to read it with the intention of understanding it? ? Jokes on you man. 

He only looks at the words in your post so that he can regurgitate the most realistic-sounding rebuttals/platitudes that he has memorized from CNN, that's it. Those people can't possibly consider anything that causes them cognitive dissonance. It's well beyond the range of possibility for them.

"ALL THE WORDS I SAW ON CNN WERE TRUE-ISH, DAMMIT! I'LL DEFEND THEM TOOTH AND NAIL UNTIL THE NEXT SHINY NEW LIE COMES, AND THEN I'LL NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE THE OLD NARRATIVE WAS A LIE!"

None of these jugheads will ever admit that we were promised a safe & effective vaccine, we were told that it was safe and effective after it came out, and now we're left with one that occasionally kills people and doesn't save anyone. Deaths in Canada are up by 30% but no one is talking about it because the main goal was achieved: people vaxed.  

None of them will ever say "Geez, M Brown wasn't really a gentle giant - the video of his violent robbery proved that conclusively - we were sucked in to support violent riots in 2014 and then again for Rayshard and again for Floyd (said that he couldn't breathe while he was alone in the cop car as well, but a Dem AG hid that from us, it had to be leaked), etc, etc. Maybe we should stop rioting. HEY LOOK! CONSERVATIVES RIOTED! RIOTS ARE EVIL!!!!!! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!?!?!?!?!"

Leftists are leftists because they don't think for themselves, period. The few that do start eventually become conservatives. 

Edited by WestCanMan

Except you can’t actually tell us anything Biden is doing badly.

-The border crisis, he is trying to down play. To blame Trump for this, ignores the moment the issue started to spiral out of control.

Hint. It wasn't when Trump was in office.

-Promising unity, but keeping the country deeply entrenched in division just like Trump. Heck, he used terms like MAGA, to paint opposing voices as extremists.

You are either with us and want freedom, or pick them, and lose the country. He didn't even recycle it to make it sound better, just picked Trump's playbook as is. Again, he sold himself as the redeeming voice. The return to normalcy.

His providing debt forgiveness prior to an election, knowing it would face road blocks, was proof. He made bold promises, then blamed his failures on his opponents.

-The average family has lost well over 6, 000$ of purchasing power due to his policies which created higher inflation. 

-The Afghanistan pull out, was a crisis in its own rite.

Done hastily, with poor planning, it cost needless lives and instead of owning it, blamed it all on Trump. Like Trump had told him to hastily pull out without proper planning.

Again, he was supposed to be the voice of accountability. Of transparency. 

Has presented more of the same.

How many do you want? 10? 15?

If you can't find a single flaw in a single thing a sitting president has done, you're not thinking openly.

People aren't disappointed by him because he stutters. He made major promises of change, and a big juicy steak. Gave everyone a plate of Spam. 

You're trying to sell it as, "Bruh, its still meat. It's even microwaveable. You're probably a conservative"

And yes. I am. I like it when leaders are held to account. Trump's loss was due to his failures.

Biden promised changes. I have yet to see them. From scandals, to avoiding accountability and tough questions from the media. What has changed?

He knows he is in danger in 2024, because he let many down.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You haven't heard a lot of things, apparently. Far be it for me to educate a so-called American about his country's president.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/01/20/biden-executive-order-overturns-trump-diversity-training-ban/4236891001/

“In the weeks ahead, I will be reaffirming the federal government’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and accessibility, building on the work we started in the Obama-Biden administration. That’s why I’m rescinding the previous administration’s harmful ban on diversity and sensitivity training,” Biden said in remarks delivered Tuesday. “Unity and healing must begin with understanding and truth, not ignorance and lies.”

The stated objective of Donald Trump's executive order issued in late September was "to combat offensive and anti-American race and sex stereotyping and SCAPEGIOTING."

Yeah scapegoating... we saw what happened to a principal in Toronto when he was scape-goated to death for simply speaking out on a relatively minor issue. THAT is what you people are bringing to the dialogue.

/01/20/biden-executive-order-overturns-trump-diversity-training-ban/4236891001/

There is LITERALLY NO MENTION of CRT in your cite. Seems you are hallucinating today.

No wonder I've not seen nor heard your DELUSIONS.

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Buddy, putting a guy in Biden's state in the WH was an atrocity. The fate of the entire world is in his enfeebled hands, and it's no surprise to any of the adults in the room that everything is going to hell in a handbasket. 

How old are you? And when did you start hallucinating that you're an MD, which is the ONLY scenario under which your MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS would carry ANY WEIGHT. 

OMG. The Afghan withdrawal? Domestic division? Forcing people to take the vax? Inflation? A war in Europe?

Trump just got the world back to 'stable' after Obama's whirlwind failure (rise of islamic state & Russia overtaking Crimea for starters), then Biden came in and the world went to shit again. Al Qaeda is back and so is war in Europe.

Yay? Are you kidding right now? 

Kudos for finally acknowledging inflation, although I have to admit that I find it somewhat disconcerting that leftists are partially telling the truth now. 

Biden is not leading NATO lol. Even his closest allies were abandoned in Afghanistan and they haven't forgotten. 

Congressional support just means "We ❤️ war-bucks". 

Biden is an abject failure of a president and your complete inability to acknowledge that fact is one of the least surprising things I've ever seen in my life. 

We've come to EXPECT your repeated departure from reality, as demonstrated by your failure to accept that Trump LIES ALL THE TIME, from day one I've posted on this forum. AKA, least surprising that you repeat it here.

14 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Biden promised changes. I have yet to see them. From scandals, to avoiding accountability and tough questions from the media. What has changed?

A LOT has changed. That you can't understand what, just destroys your credibility. For example, you MISTAKE failed allegations from the Republican HOUSE as "scandals."

The scandal of a "whistle blower" who is indicted and on the run from extradition to the US should have been a clue for you.

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You barfed out a platitude; nothing more, nothing less.

I spoke truth, something that is like garlic to cult vampires like you.

It wasn't even worthy of being called a lie, it was banal and stupid at best. 

Only the hee-haw set thinks Trump did any kind of halfway reasonable job as President. He spent his time in twitter wars with b-list actresses and drifting for money from the Saudis, the Chinese, and anyone else willing to pay him or his kids for influence. Ain't that right, hee-haw boy?

His timeline also angered the Taliban, because they had a deal in place, and it set up a 9/11 victory/freedom celebration in Afghanistan that will live on for centuries. 

To make matters worse, he chose the wrong airport, and let all the terrorists out of the jail in Bagram just in time to make the withdrawal worse.

Do you really think, Hee-Haw boy, that Joe Biden was personally ordering prisoners set free, or personally choosing airports or in any way involved in any of the planning for any of that? You Hee-Haw people clearly don't understand how large scale organizations work, much less politics, much less government, much less the military. In fact, 'much less' is probably a good name for you and your cult. Including 'much less' brain power and 'much less' education.

Drone-striking/murdering a carload of children and pretending that they were Al Qaeda was the brief highlight of his withdrawal, that's how bad it was. 

LOL. And now the president is sitting in a room controlling drones! LOL. You Hee-Haw people chawng down on yer tabacci and spitting on yer dirt floors will buy anything you read on the internet.

Do you know how long ago Trudeau started killing the energy sector/raising energy prices? And then Biden? Conservatives were predicting way back then what effect it would have on the economy.

How would you know? You don't know any conservatives. And I guarantee you conservatives don't want to know YOU!

And would you look at that sports fans, again you're blaming Trump for things that we warned you would happen if you went full leftard. Biden spent trillions and that lowers the value of the dollar. It's a basic fact of economics.

BIDEN spent billions! LOL. No mention of the hundreds of billions Trump spent, nor how much of it wound up in his pockets and the pockets of his Republican friends, not to mention his swamp creature inlaws, who suddenly no longer have money problems! They're doing so well his daughter doesn't have to pimp herself out to daddy anymore because they don't need him!

That's why Russia annexed Crimea when Obama was still in power - they couldn't afford their naval base there ending up as a NATO base. And it's why they attacked again when Doltin' DOH assumed the presuhhhduncy. 

I love it how under the influence of the Trumptard Hee-Haw set Republicans and their supporters have done a 180 from being so pro-America and pro-military and pro-law and order and now they're Russian fifth columnists who hate America, despise its government, hate its law enforcement agencies and want to get rid of its intelligence agencies. The Republicans are now the most anti-American group in America and masturbate to the thought of Putin in charge! 

Go play with yourself again, Hee-Haw boy!