Canada's population will hit record 40M on Friday: StatCan

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Kudos to you, you have taught me never to argue with an !diot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience so, I will no longer argue with you. :)

You used that last time. And then went on for about 20 posts ever time I told you to :) 

Kid, your mental health issues are not my problem.  Every time you can't make  a good case you do this and i've noticed it's not just with me. You have this weird little mental breakdown.

You said some really stupid stuff.  Probably because you were more interested in me being wrong than you making good arguments.  Now you look stupid. That is not my fault.

Anyway carry on, we all know you won't be happy till you make another couple dozen posts about it getting more and more childish.  It's always amusing so i don't mind, have at it.

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I hear you and your concerns. I am just a bit more optimistic than you.

Canada allows, encourages and welcomes skilled people to come into the country. Problem is Canada (or provinces) itself. In the case of doctors, nurses, even engineers, this country cannot seem to find a way to get them licensed to work here.  Unskilled entrants will take the unskilled jobs we Canadians no longer want to do.

The problem I have with immigration (aside from numbers) is that latter group. I believe Capitalism takes care of jobs people don't want to do quite adequately. All bringing in unskilled people does is perpetuate the low pay for those jobs.

It also probably has something to do with our productivity no longer increasing at a tiny rate but actually decreasing for 11 of the past 12 quarters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The problem I have with immigration (aside from numbers) is that latter group. I believe Capitalism takes care of jobs people don't want to do quite adequately. All bringing in unskilled people does is perpetuate the low pay for those jobs.

It also probably has something to do with our productivity no longer increasing at a tiny rate but actually decreasing for 11 of the past 12 quarters.

That's what you get for wanting cheaper stuff. Cannot make it here and make it affordable so, get China, Taiwan or India to make it.

16 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Which probably has something to do with spending 40 years or more shipping our productivity offshore.

Who's brainwave was that again?  Oh right, Liberatives or Conservalibs or whatever the hell they call themselves.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Which probably has something to do with spending 40 years or more shipping our productivity offshore.

Who's brainwave was that again?  Oh right, Liberatives or Conservalibs or whatever the hell they call themselves.

You have a one-track mind.

Everyone has been doing that. Why is it we're the only ones whose productivity is going down?

15 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

That's what you get for wanting cheaper stuff. Cannot make it here and make it affordable so, get China, Taiwan or India to make it.

And yet if you'd read the article it said that if Canada's productivity had risen at the same rate as the Americans' over the last several years it would be up by more than 8% today. Why?

edit: the article in question not posted to this topic.

Edited by I am Groot

4 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

And yet if you'd read the article it said that if Canada's productivity had risen at the same rate as the Americans' over the last several years it would be up by more than 8% today. Why?

edit: the article in question not posted to this topic.

But Canada's productivity has not risen. My point is valid unless you have something else to dismiss it?

The Americans have also sold production away. They are as much beholding to China, Taiwan, India etc for cheap products as we are.

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

But Canada's productivity has not risen. My point is valid unless you have something else to dismiss it?

The Americans have also sold production away. They are as much beholding to China, Taiwan, India etc for cheap products as we are.

I'm pointing out that the Americans did the same thing and their productivity HAS risen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Actually that represented a rise in productivity in the US.  You need to remember what productivity is.

If i can have a worker take a 5 dollar chip made by an underpaid worker in china, and spend 3 seconds putting it into a motherboard that i'll  then sell for hundreds of dollars, that's VERY productive. That employee is creating a lot of wealth for the time he spends working.

Productivity doens't care what the jobs are, it cares about how much each individual employee can create in value for every hour they're paid for.

So if an employee has to write a letter in pen - that takes a long time and isn't terribly productive. If you buy him a computer he can write the letter faster. That's more productive. If you buy an email service he can send the letter faster and get results faster and that's more productive.  I

And so on.  If you can afford to automate and buy or develop new software that improves the ability of an employee to create value in their time then productivity goes up

Nobody invests in Canada like that.

52 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Who asked you?

Awwww muffin - i pointed out the facts again and you're butthurt about it, again.  Yeash - I tried to be nice about it, i didn't say you were stupid or anything - if you'd just look things up before you spoke I wouldn't need to correct you like that :)

God you're pathetic - you freak out every time someone points out even a SLIGHT error in what you say, I t is NOT my fault you're wrong that often.

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Awwww muffin - i pointed out the facts again and you're butthurt about it, again.  Yeash - I tried to be nice about it, i didn't say you were stupid or anything - if you'd just look things up before you spoke I wouldn't need to correct you like that :)

God you're pathetic - you freak out every time someone points out even a SLIGHT error in what you say, I t is NOT my fault you're wrong that often.

Again, who asked you? Certainly not me.

You and facts, another oxymoron LOL

I don't look up anything you say because it always comes up in the BS book LOL

You and myata are two p's in an pod. Stroke each other and let us normal folks alone LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Again, who asked you? Certainly not me.

"waaaaahhhh - someone on an INTERNET CHAT FORUM talked and pointed out i was incorrect about something!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHH"

If you can't address the facts then cope with it.  Now go and change your diapers.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

"waaaaahhhh - someone on an INTERNET CHAT FORUM talked and pointed out i was incorrect about something!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHH"

If you can't address the facts then cope with it.  Now go and change your diapers.

Awww, poor baby. Boo Hoo.

Go commensurate with myata ....you two are clones. LOL

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Awww, poor baby. Boo Hoo.

Talking to your mirror again are ya little guy ?  LOL  - you're the one doing all the boo hoo'ing  "OH NOES - SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMETHING TALKED TO ME!!!!  FREAK OUT!!!"

Anywhoo - to get back on track as noted your claim  that we shipped our productivity offshore is simply not true (and demonstrates your lack of understanding) and we're left with the same problem.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Talking to your mirror again are ya little guy ?  LOL  - you're the one doing all the boo hoo'ing  "OH NOES - SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMETHING TALKED TO ME!!!!  FREAK OUT!!!"

Anywhoo - to get back on track as noted your claim  that we shipped our productivity offshore is simply not true (and demonstrates your lack of understanding) and we're left with the same problem.

I so pity you.

You do nothing but argue, demean and belittle everyone here except the precious few that are of your ilk

You are a zero dropping into negative territory. LOL

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I so pity you.

becasue i have to listen to you? Naaah it's not so bad, you're pretty funny to watch :)

You do nothing but argue, demean and belittle everyone here except the precious few that are of your ilk

I literally made a sensible and accurate argument without a single insult or negative comment and you FREAKED OUT!!!! SOMEONE TALKED TO ME THAT KNOWS MORE THAN MEEEEEE  AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry kiddo - you're accusing your betters of your own behavior.

You are a zero dropping into negative territory.

Still puts me well above you :) 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

His ilk haven't been immune just strangely  willing to overlook it.

I like to wind him up every once in a while It only takes 2 or 3 words and he goes berserk LOL

Then keep him going with a few words at a time LOL

The economic system is such a pyramid-scheme that it requires constant growing population. That's impossible to go on forever though.

The birth-rate has plummetted all across the world. Africa is the only continent where it is still above the replacement-level. The population is only increasing because we are lioving longer but there will be an unprecedented sudden population.collapse sooner or later.