Eroding democracies: Turkey, Hungary, Georgia... Canada?

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - thanks biatch,

Here's your insult -

I would describe your personality as a vibrant shade of beige.

do one more :) C'mon, you know you want to :)

I'm not arguing with an !diot - i'm having fun mocking him and making him dance on a string :)  You're just entertainment

Whenever i debate with you as soon as you realize you're losing you take your ball and run home and get mad if anyone talks to you further :)  Like most lefties you can't cope with the truth and stick your head in he sand

And it's hilarious that you're trying to pretend that this is serious and that you don't care - and yet keep replying with a yup ok every time i tell you to :)

So - lets have another one :) 

Yup OK  ?

You are correct, you are not arguing with an !diot, thanks. I am the one arguing with an !diot

You don't debate with me or anyone for that matter. You just call everyone a liar.

Dealing with you is as far from serious as it can be LOL

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup OK  ?

ROFLMAO!!! - man, i know that in years gone by people had fun teaching fleas to do tricks, but they didn't have you :)

EDIT - Crap i forgot your insult.

I don't think you're stupid - it's just you have really bad luck with thinking.

You are correct, you are not arguing with an !diot, thanks. I am the one arguing with an !diot

Seeing as you're kind of arguing with yourself - i agree .  As noted i'm not arguing at all :) I'm just laughing :) 

And i'm always correct, you should have learned that by now :) 

You don't debate with me or anyone for that matter. You just call everyone a liar.

Only when they lie.  Which is a sadly common trait for the left.  And i'm always able to demonstrate it.

In fact when people make reasoned arguments and stick to the truth then they get polite and reasoned replies from me. But people like you simply can't make their points that way. YOu have a bad habit of starting with a conclusion and trying to work your way back to a question, and you need lies and 'debate tricks' to try to patch the holes in your argument that leaves.

But i love hearing you get all salty about it :)  LOL

Dealing with you is as far from serious as it can be

Sure kid :)  That's why you're desperate to keep this up :) That's why YOU think this is an argument and I think it's comic relief :)

Well - how about you give us one more, i could use the chuckle next break i take :)

Edited by CdnFox

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO!!! - man, i know that in years gone by people had fun teaching fleas to do tricks, but they didn't have you :)

Seeing as you're kind of arguing with yourself - i agree .  As noted i'm not arguing at all :) I'm just laughing :) 

And i'm always correct, you should have learned that by now :) 

Only when they lie.  Which is a sadly common trait for the left.  And i'm always able to demonstrate it.

In fact when people make reasoned arguments and stick to the truth then they get polite and reasoned replies from me. But people like you simply can't make their points that way. YOu have a bad habit of starting with a conclusion and trying to work your way back to a question, and you need lies and 'debate tricks' to try to patch the holes in your argument that leaves.

But i love hearing you get all salty about it :)  LOL

Sure kid :)  That's why you're desperate to keep this up :) That's why YOU think this is an argument and I think it's comic relief :)

Well - how about you give us one more, i could use the chuckle next break i take :)

Here again???? Chuckle

Argue? What argue? Chuckle

Can't let go? Chuckle

So much effort for so little result. Chuckle

Yup OK  ?

Edited by ExFlyer

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Here again???? Chuckle

Of course - where else do you get this kind of entertainment for free? :)

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Can't let go? Chuckle

So much effort for so little result. Chuckle

Yup OK  ?

Wow....  you're not really even able to speak properly anymore. (Shit - i didn't mean to break him)

Look - here's your joke, just try to relax.  this is JUST the internet, don't take it so seriously.

Guess you’re not as dumb as you look.  I mean - how could you be?!

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

2. I don't see any evidence that the CCP has any designs on Russian lands. Mongolia is no-man's land and India separates European Russia from China.

A nice excursion into an alternative geography. The rest of the argumentation solidly alternative too.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Of course - where else do you get this kind of entertainment for free? :)

Wow....  you're not really even able to speak properly anymore. (Shit - i didn't mean to break him)

Look - here's your joke, just try to relax.  this is JUST the internet, don't take it so seriously.

Guess you’re not as dumb as you look.  I mean - how could you be?!

Oh wow, hello again. LOL  Can't stay away LOL

So much effort or so little reward. You must be that guy that keeps pushing on the pull door. Chuckle.

Nope, not dumb at all, I got you hooked, whining, making excuses, trying to smear me, and wasting your time with me for all this time. Who is dumb???  Like you say, not me lOL

So, Yup, OK  ?

10 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh wow, hello again. LOL  Can't stay away LOL

Ummm - we've been talking back and forth all day - you trying to be serious and me laughing at you. Did you forget?

LOL - guess that dementia's getting a little worse for you   :)   Makes your last garbled reply make a little more sense.

So much effort or so little reward. You must be that guy that keeps pushing on the pull door. Chuckle.

It's very little effort and it brings huge laughs watching you twitch and struggle like this :)

Nope, not dumb at all, I got you hooked, whining, making excuses, trying to smear me, and wasting your time with me for all this time.

Yes -  i'm hooked on watching you whine, make excuses and get smeared :)   But it's no waste of time - you're hilarious :)

Who is dumb??? 

ROFLMAO - that'd be you :)   I"m just here for the show, you're the one who has to try to convince others that you're not dumb :)

So, Yup, OK  ?

Thanks Biatch!  :) Still got you wrapped around a finger i see. Lets pull those strings again - do it again. Betcha can't not do it :)

And here's your joke:

Your birth certificate should be rewritten as a letter of apology

Edited by CdnFox

13 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Ummm - we've been talking back and forth all day - you trying to be serious and me laughing at you. Did you forget?

LOL - guess that dementia's getting a little worse for you   :)   Makes your last garbled reply make a little more sense.

It's very little effort and it brings huge laughs watching you twitch and struggle like this :)

Yes -  i'm hooked on watching you whine, make excuses and get smeared :)   But it's no waste of time - you're hilarious :)

ROFLMAO - that'd be you :)   I"m just here for the show, you're the one who has to try to convince others that you're not dumb :)

Thanks Biatch!  :) Still got you wrapped around a finger i see. Lets pull those strings again - do it again. Betcha can't not do it :)

And here's your joke:

Your birth certificate should be rewritten as a letter of apology

Ummmm, Yup, OK  ?

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Ummmm, Yup, OK  ?

Almost there :)

And here's your reward - special shout out to blackbird:

Jesus might love you, but everyone else definitely thinks you’re an !diot.

Keep going little guy :)  I've got money on it that you can do it!

Hungary is an interesting topic. Comparing it to Canada is a bit of a stretch though. The historical contexts are not even close. 

Hungary is bordered by Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, and Slovakia. Most of which have had political upheaval and civil war in the last 40 years. Canada is really bordered by the US which has had no civil war or anything close to that. 

Also, Hungary as of 1989 was communist and under the thumb (indirectly) of the USSR. There are going to be severe growing pains involved in coming out of that. Canada nor the US was ever communist or ruled by an autocrat as were most of the Eastern European nations. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Almost there :)

And here's your reward - special shout out to blackbird:

Jesus might love you, but everyone else definitely thinks you’re an !diot.

Keep going little guy :)  I've got money on it that you can do it!

You again?.... The guy that keeps pulling on the push door LOL  

How's it going? Oh? Trouble getting in?  LOL

Yup, OK  ?

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Comparing it to Canada is a bit of a stretch though.

I agree, the countries are very different, and the environments too. We are not comparing the countries though, only the state of their democratic systems. Are the instruments functional and working? Are we citizens, active and involved?

Interesting to observe the trends through the history too: this is not Hungary's first experience with authoritarianism just as in Canada, the population has been traditionally disconnected from the political process run by the elites. Certainly not a revelation but more ground to the observation that political system reflects the general state of the society.

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Certainly not a revelation but more ground to the observation that political system reflects the general state of the society.

first, how and why has Hungary became less Democratic? 

First, they are not a homogeneous population like what you find in the United States or Canada. And they have various distinctly different ethnic groups coming in from all sides. Second, economically they have not done all that well. Combine mediocre economics with the existential threat of multiple distinct ethnic/national groups and there gets to be the feeling that if they do not stop this.. they will backslide into poverty. Poverty being the real thing not like in the US where poor people live a better quality of life than so-called middle class in most other nations. They use Greece and Bulgaria as examples of what happens when you let outsiders in.. except that the contexts are not the same. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

first, how and why has Hungary became less Democratic? 

People believe slogans and charismatic leaders, they don't use their critical thinking to analyze the situation.

People allow them to compromise independent institutes and wouldn't prevent abuses of power that become more frequent and serious.

Control over institutes allow authoritarian-minded leaders, whatever the rationale to use them more often and intensively, resulting in even higher control over the agenda, perceived state of affairs etc.

If the process isn't stopped it can enter a self-reinforcing spiral of authoritarianism: with each cycle there's less real freedoms and tighter the control over the society. And as the history show, from this condition there may not be a good and easy exit. Now, should Canada be worried, even being on another continent in a quite different political and geographic environment?

11 minutes ago, myata said:

People believe slogans and charismatic leaders, they don't use their critical thinking to analyze the situation.

People allow them to compromise independent institutes and wouldn't prevent abuses of power that become more frequent and serious.

Control over institutes allow authoritarian-minded leaders, whatever the rationale to use them more often and intensively, resulting in even higher control over the agenda, perceived state of affairs etc.

If the process isn't stopped it can enter a self-reinforcing spiral of authoritarianism: with each cycle there's less real freedoms and tighter the control over the society. And as the history show, from this condition there may not be a good and easy exit. Now, should Canada be worried, even being on another continent in a quite different political and geographic environment?

The mediocre economics in Hungary allows for the items that you lay out to manifest. Competition over dwindling resources (real or perceived) combined with the prospect of their language/culture being diminished motivates xenophobic policies like Orban in Hungary. Those conditions do not exist in the US. Yes, Americans complain about them darn hispanics but their actual impact on the economy is minimal compared to what they face in Hungary. Also, hispanics in the US mostly assimilate and follow laws. Hungary.. the outsiders that come in are fiercely nationalist unlike random Guatemalan that arrives in Los Angeles. 

The warning signs in Hungary are the result of certain realities. Realities in which are not happening in the United States or Canada. 

Edited by impartialobserver
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You again?....

Ahhh i see the dementia is acting up again today :) 

You've been working hard for me all morning, you always do what i tell you to - did you forget already? Lets see how you did.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, OK  ?

LOL - that's good biatch :)

here's your reward -

Nobody can say you're the dumbest person on the planet, but you better hope that person doesn’t die.

keep going - we're almost there.

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Ahhh i see the dementia is acting up again today :) 

You've been working hard for me all morning, you always do what i tell you to - did you forget already? Lets see how you did.

LOL - that's good biatch :)

here's your reward -

Nobody can say you're the dumbest person on the planet, but you better hope that person doesn’t die.

keep going - we're almost there.

Yup, OK  ?

21 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, OK  ?

LOL - told ya i could get 10 out of you :) ROFLMAO!!! 

God you are pathetic kid :)   it's like having my own pet monkey ;)  

Lets be honest - the only reason you do it any more is because you're told to and you like to be insulted :)

Here you go:

Your life is more about regret management than goal achievement, isn’t it?

LOL - well you've been a good little boy today, go ahead and give us one more and you can take a break. I've probably made more fun of your mental health issues than i should have for now anyway :)   See you next time kiddo :)  

50 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - told ya i could get 10 out of you :) ROFLMAO!!! 

God you are pathetic kid :)   it's like having my own pet monkey ;)  

Lets be honest - the only reason you do it any more is because you're told to and you like to be insulted :)

Here you go:

Your life is more about regret management than goal achievement, isn’t it?

LOL - well you've been a good little boy today, go ahead and give us one more and you can take a break. I've probably made more fun of your mental health issues than i should have for now anyway :)   See you next time kiddo :)  

Yup, OK  ?

On 5/31/2023 at 1:35 PM, impartialobserver said:

Realities in which are not happening in the United States or Canada. 

On this point, I cannot quite agree. The population in Canada in the political and social matters is mentally lazy and complacent. The political system has been stagnating for decades, approaching the point of decay and nobody seems to be concerned. The problem in the States on the other hand, is partisan division. The causes eroding the democracy and its institutes can be different; but once they are gone, effectively, the outcomes could be quite similar.

Edited by myata

7 hours ago, myata said:

On this point, I cannot quite agree. The population in Canada in the political and social matters is mentally lazy and complacent. The political system has been stagnating for decades, approaching the point of decay and nobody seems to be concerned. The problem in the States on the other hand, is partisan division. The causes eroding the democracy and its institutes can be different; but once they are gone, effectively, the outcomes could be quite similar.

Making baseless and unsubstantiated accusations is your forte.

Add some proof of laziness and complacency by the Canadian population.

Add some proof of political system stigmatization.

Just because it does not fit your model doers not make it so.

If you think partisanship is only an American problem then you do not read these forums, even your own posts. All rife with partisanship