This Forum Struggles because people respond to the likes of Reason 10

11 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Vent... wow, more exaggeration. At least, you have one talent. 

Really? Not venting when you say I have only one talent?

Dude...now I know you're nothing more than a pompous ass coward who hides behind backhanded insults.

You think you can make such comments about people with no consequences? Apparently you do. That makes you one of those low IQ types you've been blathering about.

welcome to your own club...

Edited by Nationalist

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Really? Not venting when you say I have only one talent?

Dude...now I know you're nothing more than a pompous ass coward who hides behind backhanded insults.

You think you can make such comments about people with no consequences? Apparently you do. That makes you one of those low IQ types you've been blathering about.

welcome to your own club...

Well, keep exaggerating. I will not stop you.

Getting pretty worked are you not? my blood pressure has not went in the slightest. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Well, keep exaggerating. I will not stop you.

Getting pretty worked are you not? my blood pressure has not went in the slightest. 

lol...yes I'm quite sure you're really impressed with yourself.

Back to the topic,

This forum and most others struggle to get new posters and to keep them. There is nothing new to this place. Every forum that I have ever posted on has a small but dedicated group of regulars. Usually the common bond is disliking one another. Newcomers usually are not privy to the back story that pervades the posts and so they lose interest. 

Edited by impartialobserver
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Back to the topic,

This forum and most others struggle to get new posters and to keep them. There is nothing new to this place. Every forum that I have ever posted on has a small but dedicated group of regulars. Usually the common bond is disliking one another. Newcomers usually are not privy to the back story that pervades the posts and so they lose interest. 

Welcome to internet chat site life buddy. 

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And yet you still complain. 

Sounds reasonable...

used to think that everyone genuinely believed what they wrote.. after long enough, you realize that they are mostly disingenuous and just trying to get a reaction out of you. 

Also, is it complaining to simply state the lay of the land. To go outside and say it is 76 and sunny... is that complaining about the heat? 

To cut you off at the pass.. I post as a way to pass the time when executing long, complex computer scripts. change x to y, run it.. and then wait.

Edited by impartialobserver

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

used to think that everyone genuinely believed what they wrote.. after long enough, you realize that they are mostly disingenuous and just trying to get a reaction out of you. 

Also, is it complaining to simply state the lay of the land. To go outside and say it is 76 and sunny... is that complaining about the heat? 

So if you think someone is being disingenuous, tell them straight out. Don't pussyfoot around like some dweeb in pop bottle bottom specs.

The lay of the land is just fine as it is. Half here are liberal and half are conservative. If you find that distressing I bet REDDIT would love to hear from you.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, CrakHoBarbie said:

His opinion is what it is. But the direct insults show a lack of civility that simply isn't acceptable on most forums.

I feel old, but used to be on MySpace forums way back. It was way nastier than this. It was a rite of passage if you could weather the blistering insults, and they would accept and respect you.

You either learn to have a thick skin, block if they are too much, or use your wit to make them look dumber. 

I usually chose the latter, but as I got older blocking people tended to be easier.

That to me, is the beauty of free speech.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So if you think someone is being disingenuous, tell them straight out. Don't pussyfoot around like some dweeb in pop bottle bottom specs.

The lay of the land is just fine as it is. Half here are liberal and half are conservative. If you find that distressing I bet REDDIT would love to hear from you.

Distressing.. more exaggerating. You should be a politician.. seriously. I work with them on occasion and they all have this predisposition to make mountains out of molehills. One disagreement and they are suddenly being attacked by the masses.. and yet it was one person who spoke up and in a very civil tone said that they disagreed. 

On 5/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, impartialobserver said:

Reason10 is just another garden variety internet forum troll that thinks that being adamant, passionate, outspoken, abrasive, etc. makes up for his lack of rationality and being biased to no end.

This is your first post in this thread sonny. You open with name calling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Just giving the lay of the land... 

In your opinion.

Yet reason10 has his opinion too. And since you dislike his opinion...you get insulting. Then he ups the anti and you...whine.

I'd say ya got what ya paid for.

Edited by Nationalist

2 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Wrong. You can put @reason10on any well regulated forum and he won't last a week. 

If you believe otherwise, you're wrong.

You wouldn't either. You're frequently insulting, beyond rude and then get mad when others are back to you.

If this forum was moderated you'd be long gone. So what's your point? You're the same as he is?  Ok....

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

I feel old, but used to be on MySpace forums way back. It was way nastier than this. It was a rite of passage if you could weather the blistering insults, and they would accept and respect you.

You either learn to have a thick skin, block if they are too much, or use your wit to make them look dumber. 

I usually chose the latter, but as I got older blocking people tended to be easier.

That to me, is the beauty of free speech.

Well, as an adult, your logic is a tad to much "bully on the playground" for me.

When I was younger "the best insult wins" was fun. But it's lost its appeal.

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Well, as an adult, your logic is a tad to much "bully on the playground" for me.

You're nothing BUT  a bully. 

You love to dish it but you can't take it.  And that really is what a bully is all about at the end of the day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

This is how I see it. I love to debate. The hotter the debate, the better.

I thrive with controversial subjects.

I get it. Some people can't withstand the blistering heat, and turn to personal attacks. 

I thrive under pressure, but you're right. It gets old having to defend yourself. 

What am saying, is you don't or shouldn't have to. Block them. Ignore their posts. 

I love healthy debate, and can go at the hottest topics without losing my cool. I think its an art to know when to walk away.

I may be crazy, but I rather personal insults, than someone nonsensical gaslighting me. 

Gaslighting is my red line that if crossed you're blocked.

We all have red lines. If someone deliberately crosses it after you bring it up to them, they are no longer debating in good faith. Walk away, block or don't reply.

I don't argue. I love debate. Someone who can't tell the difference, doesn't belong in a discussion forum.

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

I thrive under pressure 

You put me on IGNORE because I asked you to not call people groomers.

Ok... fly your flag Mr. Thriver...

"Gaslighting is my red line that if crossed you're blocked."
"I don't argue. I love debate."

You sure talk about yourself a lot...

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Did I say that? No I didn't...did I.

Don't try to warp my words...

And as it turns out...his instincts were correct.

Go figure...

And as usual, YOU DEFEND a right winger when he does exactly the wrong YOU CLAIMED others do.

Gotta hand it to you; your hypocrisy is always consistent.