What is leftism really about?

What Is Leftism Really About?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

having been to san Francisco 4 times in the past and will be there in 5 days.. the housing prices in SF are a function of having a relative minority that is willing to pay astronomical prices for rent/mortgage. Also, limited space.. there is water on three sides. When you go inland (north or east).. prices do go down. Not by much but they still go down. The terrain makes building more expensive than it is inland. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

having been to san Francisco 4 times in the past and will be there in 5 days.. the housing prices in SF are a function of having a relative minority that is willing to pay astronomical prices for rent/mortgage. Also, limited space.. there is water on three sides. When you go inland (north or east).. prices do go down. Not by much but they still go down. The terrain makes building more expensive than it is inland. 

The entire Bay Area is extremely expensive, not just San Francisco. But there will always be those who cannot survive. There are homeless with severe mental issues, others with addiction issues, and those who simply became unemployed, evicted, and unable to get back on their feet financially.

And, yes, there are those who simply refuse to work, but conservatives tend to think of homeless people as being solely people who refuse to work. 

But consider what the US Federal Government does when unemployment gets too low: They raise interest rates, in an effort to increase unemployment. Thus, our economy depends on some people always being unemployed, and it is designed and maintained that way. 

Edited by Rebound

10 hours ago, Deluge said:

Actually they don't. One can only imagine the horror a country would go through if the US were to completely withdraw military and/or economic support. 

You see, democrat, without Christianity, you heathens would all be speaking Chinese. ;)

Thanks for admitting ALL YOU HAVE is your IMAGINATION. LMAO

18 hours ago, Rebound said:

The gulf between rich and poor has been widening for the past 50 years… and there’s the poor part of it. 

What is your solution? Shoot the poor? Run them off of cliffs? Sell the to McDonald’s to make burgers? 

You would come up with solutions like those. Leftists are the biggest frauds the world has ever known. 

No, Mr. Stalin, you don't shoot the poor, or run them off cliffs, or sell their dead meat to McDonalds to make burgers. You don't even sell dead fetuses from abortion clinics to McDonalds, though I wouldn't surprised if you supported that idea. 

What you do is get these people off the streets. One way or another, they're coming off the streets, and if that means mass arrests and jail time then you do it. Once the city shows that unlawful behavior is no longer welcome there, things will improve drastically.

Of course you can't just leave everyone in jail to rot, so there will have to be aggressive programs to get the willing healthy and motivated again. 

Edited by Deluge

57 minutes ago, Deluge said:

You would come up with solutions like those. Leftists are the biggest frauds the world has ever known. 

No, Mr. Stalin, you don't shoot the poor, or run them off cliffs, or sell their dead meat to McDonalds to make burgers. You don't even sell dead fetuses from abortion clinics to McDonalds, though I wouldn't surprised if you supported that idea. 

What you do is get these people off the streets. One way or another, they're coming off the streets, and if that means mass arrests and jail time then you do it. Once the city shows that unlawful behavior is no longer welcome there, things will improve drastically.

Of course you can't just leave everyone in jail to rot, so there will have to be aggressive programs to get the willing healthy and motivated again. 

So if somebody loses their job and gets kicked out of their house, you put them in jail?

Explain how that works: You charge them with the crime of being poor. They go to jail and when they get out, they don't have a home, so they go back to jail. Or, they get out of jail and they can't get a job because now they have a criminal record.

Or, they get put in jail and then they're released but they can't get a job because they are mentally ill and cannot work. So you put them back in jail for the crime of having a mental illness. 

Also, as a typical dumb conservative viewpoint: It costs $106,000 per year to house an inmate in California. Where will all that money come from? Wouldn't it be far cheaper to give these people the support they need to get off the streets? Even if it's a homeless shelter, that's cheaper than $106,000 per year, isn't it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rebound said:

The entire Bay Area is extremely expensive, not just San Francisco. But there will always be those who cannot survive. There are homeless with severe mental issues, others with addiction issues, and those who simply became unemployed, evicted, and unable to get back on their feet financially.

And, yes, there are those who simply refuse to work, but conservatives tend to think of homeless people as being solely people who refuse to work. 

But consider what the US Federal Government does when unemployment gets too low: They raise interest rates, in an effort to increase unemployment. Thus, our economy depends on some people always being unemployed, and it is designed and maintained that way. 

You are looking at this in the macro. 

in the micro.. what jobs does someone who is homeless do? Answer.. janitorial, restaurant, retail. All of these are low paying and will not enable you to afford even the most modest of apartments in SF. 

Having been homeless once.. I find that the homeless are composed as such
60% - mentally ill and most likely self medicating with drugs and alcohol
10% - mentally ill and mostly sober
15% - hard luck types that simply were hanging on the past but a bad break put them over the edge

25% - deliberately homeless for a variety of reasons. Some want to not work, some want a "simpler" life, and some want to be off the social radar. 

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

So if somebody loses their job and gets kicked out of their house, you put them in jail?

No dumba$$, but thank you for dodging the point. 

If you're someone who's still fresh in the streets, it won't take very much to get you back in the saddle - wouldn't you agree? Or are you too stupid to see that? 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

You are looking at this in the macro. 

in the micro.. what jobs does someone who is homeless do? Answer.. janitorial, restaurant, retail. All of these are low paying and will not enable you to afford even the most modest of apartments in SF. 

Having been homeless once.. I find that the homeless are composed as such
60% - mentally ill and most likely self medicating with drugs and alcohol
10% - mentally ill and mostly sober
15% - hard luck types that simply were hanging on the past but a bad break put them over the edge

25% - deliberately homeless for a variety of reasons. Some want to not work, some want a "simpler" life, and some want to be off the social radar. 

Yes, I've pointed that out already in this thread. However, with the high costs of living in California, there are more and more people being forced into homelessness because they simply cannot afford a home. I rented a place in California for a few years before I bought a place. It cost about $10,000 to get in and pay my first/last/security deposit.  

I know there are roomate deals and stuff like that, but my point is, it is incredibly expensive.

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

No dumba$$, but thank you for dodging the point. 

If you're someone who's still fresh in the streets, it won't take very much to get you back in the saddle - wouldn't you agree? Or are you too stupid to see that? 

I don't know, dipshlt, how did it go the last time you got kicked out on the street?

How many homeless people have you spoken to?  Did you ask them what their plan is? 

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Yes, I've pointed that out already in this thread. However, with the high costs of living in California, there are more and more people being forced into homelessness because they simply cannot afford a home. I rented a place in California for a few years before I bought a place. It cost about $10,000 to get in and pay my first/last/security deposit.  

I know there are roomate deals and stuff like that, but my point is, it is incredibly expensive.

my point is that it is expensive not due to some deliberate action on the behalf of a politician. It is mostly supply and demand. The secondary result is that you get more homeless due to this increased cost. 

the idea that more liberal policies leads to homelessness is silly. Now, they may not be as punitive after the fact but the root cause is not political

11 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I don't know, dipshlt, how did it go the last time you got kicked out on the street?

How many homeless people have you spoken to?  Did you ask them what their plan is? 

Of course you don't know, dumbf*ck, because all you understand is selfish behavior and government control. 

Now, I get that this is difficult for brain-dead enablers like you to grasp, but if someone has only been in the streets for a few weeks or a few months, they will be easier to assist because there hasn't been a lot of time between a normal life and street life - they won't be as hardened with bad habits. 

Edited by Deluge

making homelessness a crime would be a logistical nightmare and overly expensive. One can be homeless and not be committing a crime such as drug use, trafficking, manufacturing, violent crimes, etc. Yes, every city has statutes about loitering, vagrancy, or living on public land but those are pretty tame stuff. It is not enabling by acknowledging the legal and practical manifestations of such a policy.