Trudeau Liberals erasing Canadian history

Years ago we held a "Save Our Town" rally during a time of mill shutdowns that was attended by both local and national politicians and media. I spoke as a local business rep and later I was approached by a  known very conservative radio host. To paraphrase what he said to me:

'Every sign on the highway and ad for tourism features 'history'. "Where history is alive", "Visit Historical ..."
Don't you realize 90% of potential visitors eye's rolled back in their heads ad they dozed off the minute a teacher mentioned 'history'?
You have this huge f***ing lake full of fish and surrounded with sandy beaches and your town & Chamber of Commerce have been too f***ing stupid to promote that for decades.

History doesn't "go" anywhere, so p*** off with this 'erasing' history BS whenever its time to move on.

2 minutes ago, herbie said:

Years ago we held a "Save Our Town" rally during a time of mill shutdowns that was attended by both local and national politicians and media. I spoke as a local business rep and later I was approached by a  known very conservative radio host. To paraphrase what he said to me:

'Every sign on the highway and ad for tourism features 'history'. "Where history is alive", "Visit Historical ..."
Don't you realize 90% of potential visitors eye's rolled back in their heads ad they dozed off the minute a teacher mentioned 'history'?
You have this huge f***ing lake full of fish and surrounded with sandy beaches and your town & Chamber of Commerce have been too f***ing stupid to promote that for decades.

so you live in burns lake :) 

2 minutes ago, herbie said:

History doesn't "go" anywhere, so p*** off with this 'erasing' history BS whenever its time to move on.

Oh look - a hard core leftie who thinks we shouldn't be upset about history disappearing. How shockingly surprising. Yawn.

34 minutes ago, herbie said:

See, even you mention history and respond with a yawn!?

Ok - that was funny. :)

34 minutes ago, herbie said:

History won't disappear until all the library books are burned and the Big EMP blows out everything. It can't be erased, the real danger is in rewriting it.

History disappears all the time. People think 'everyone knows this'  and then it's forgotten. History is also rewritten as well and yes that is a real threat as you say. But really that's just the same thing.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

That's why it is a requirement in school, isn't it? So everyone knows the basic stuff.

The knowledge of history that kids come out of school with is beyond inadequate. basically they're aware there was history at some point but that's about it.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

And hopefully it's still a requirement in Senior High for anyone on a program that offers more future than being a ploughboy.

Not only is it limited, but obviously that is the most likely place to see ... ahh.. "Creative editing" of history .