The benefits of colonialism

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok, so you think I'm a liar and yet you're talking to me on here.

I think you like to tell a story.  But there's lots of liars here I talk to. I don't stick my head in the sand like you do and pretend otherwise,

2. The claim is "showing any sense of pride in the nation draws accusation".  Take the claim at face value and your example means nothing. 

Hogwash. Nationalism itself is being attacked, so showing any devotion to it is also going to be attacked.  If nationalism is wrong then obivously to those who subscribe to that BEING nationalistic is also wrong.  It's entirely relevant.' You just don't want to deal with it

3. More hyperbole and exaggeration.  And then when I challenge, I get a non-proof or some other claim.

Literally what he said and there's plenty of proof, it's been everywhere.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trudeau-calls-unvaccinated-canadians-racists-misogynists-in-unhinged-interview/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1545278/Justin-Trudeau-Tonia-Buxton-antivaxxers-racist-mysogynistic-Emmanuel-Marcon-VN

https://news.yahoo.com/trudeau-canadians-protested-him-racist-210500788.html

I don't get paid to play whack-a-mole with you.  The Marxists used to use this method of extreme claims, now trolls do it.

So in other words you can't refute what i say and you're going to pretend to stick your head in the sand and it's all the marxist's fault.

You're a coward and a fool.

Back to Ignore...

LOL - i don't think you get how ignore works

38 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

You're saying people who are anti-woke are fascist?

I"m saying fascists are stupid, and would arrive at stupid conclusions like that.

But that was an easy mistake for a stupid fascist to make :)  You're forgiven :)

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. Our PM and many others.

Your hyperbolic statements are pointless to criticize, you're just generally lamenting.  But your specific claims are silly.

What's silly - and dishonest - is saying Trudeau tells us how great we are. This is the man who said, quite happily, that we weren't a nation (except for Quebec) and had no core identity. This is the man who goes around apologizing everywhere he can for what a terrible place this is, even to the UN. This is a man who says every institution in Canada is 'systemically racist'. 

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

1. What's silly - and dishonest - is saying Trudeau tells us how great we are.  

1. Well I can quote him.

Seriously what are we talking about ?  You make hyperbolic claims.  I get it, you're speaking poetically but as such, there's no debate possible just me shutting down extreme absolute statements.

Trudeau says Canada is great publicly.  Does he believe it ?  Who knows ?  

Is there something to discuss there - not really but we can both complain about Trudeau together if you like.  I'd rather do it in a bar so at least I can drink and keep an eye on the game.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, Michael Hardner said:

2. Well we DO hear how great we are today.

On 5/4/2023 at 1:51 PM, I am Groot said:

From whom?

A lot of conservatives tell us this but too often in a manner that leaves a funny aftertaste, like it was them that made Canada great.

But no, you didn't build that.

49 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sure have. He didn't build it either, he screwed up the paperwork pretty good though.

oooo sorry kiddo, but you're quite wrong. Got the paperwork right, got the railroads going, did it all.

But - of course the left has to lie about it - it would ruin their narrative. :)

44 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

oooo sorry kiddo, but you're quite wrong. Got the paperwork right, got the railroads going, did it all.

Well, if the paperwork had been done properly we wouldn't be faced with the need for treaties with 1st Nations. 

And further to which we also wouldn't need to reconcile so much other lousy stuff that happened if the paperwork actually adhered to the principles, values and above these the nearly 1865 year old moral code putatively used to base the paperwork on and then baked into our legal system.

A moral code that fundamentally commands us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us - the e=mc2 of how to conduct ourselves in the world.

But hey, if conservatives really want to take all the credit for the shoddy paperwork...who am I to argue?

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, if the paperwork had been done properly we wouldn't be faced with the need for treaties with 1st Nations. 

Of course we would.

And further to which we also wouldn't need to reconcile so much other lousy stuff that happened if the paperwork actually adhered to the principles, values and above these the nearly 1865 year old moral code putatively used to base the paperwork on and then baked into our legal system.

Sorry but that's just a falsehood as well. 

A moral code that fundamentally commands us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us - the e=mc2 of how to conduct ourselves in the world.

I don't think you understand what e=mc2 is :)   But nonetheless the PROBLEM is they DID adhere to that. THey literally thought that if they were living as 'savages' and someone found them that they would want them more than anything to teach them how to be englishmen. The believed that was what EVERYONE would want. So that's what they did unto others.

The 'Golden rule' is a little silly when you think about it.  Others may not want done unto them as you would want done unto you.

But hey, if conservatives really want to take all the credit for the shoddy paperwork...who am I to argue?

Well you're literally nobody. Hell you dont' understand history OR physics apparently. So i guess you're right, you're really not fit to comment.

41 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

1. Of course we would.

2. Sorry but that's just a falsehood as well. 

3. I don't think you understand what e=mc2 is

1. No we wouldn't and especially in BC where much of the province sits on unceded land that the original governor generals were ordered to secure through treaties...paperwork IOW.

2. Not according to the preamble to our Constitution...more paperwork.

3. e=mc2 is a very elegant and accurate description of immutable facts of life and nature.  The advice to do unto others yadda yadda is an elegant easy to understand description of how to best conduct yourself in the world. It's so elegant that most children can easily wrap their head around it by the age of 4 or 5.

The 'Golden rule' is a little silly when you think about it.  Others may not want done unto them as you would want done unto you.

Yeah well, it does sound silly when you think about it that way in the context of what happened.

Edited by eyeball

46 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. No we wouldn't and especially in BC where much of the province sits on unceded land that the original governor generals were ordered to secure through treaties...paperwork IOW.

Yeah - bc wasn't originally part of canada soo....   You really have no idea what you're talking about do you? You just kind of blather like a retard.

2. Not according to the preamble to our Constitution...more paperwork.

Oh look who can't read again.

3. e=mc2 is a very elegant and accurate description of immutable facts of life and nature. 

Well not really.  And of course the correct formula isn't e=mc2. That's the abbreviated formula for objects completely at rest, the formula is actually e2=(pc)2+(mc2)2. But people who don't really understand it always just say e=mc2.

The advice to do unto others yadda yadda is an elegant easy to understand description of how to best conduct yourself in the world. It's so elegant that most children can easily wrap their head around it by the age of 4 or 5.

And like your mistake with e=mc2, its only accurate in a specific circumstance.  It ONLY works if you're dealing with someone from the same culture.

Otherwise - they may not want to be treated the same way you want to be treated.

The Europeans treated the first nations the way the Europeans THOUGHT someone like that would want to be treated. They were wrong.

Yeah well, it does sound silly when you think about it that way in the context of what happened.

Exactly. I'm sure that those who would go on to be 'canadians' thought that they were doing absolutely the right thing for the first nations and that God would reward them with a pat on the head and a lollipop for their efforts in the afterlife.  But....  what's the path to hell paved with again?

Edited by CdnFox

45 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

The Europeans treated the first nations the way the Europeans THOUGHT someone like that would want to be treated. They were wrong.

Yes, and now Canadians are treating 1st Nations the way we'd like to be treated if it had been us in their shoes.

South Africa studied Canada's reserve system when coming up with apartheid and Israel in turn studied South Africa's homelands model for their colonization of the middle east.

Maybe the good thing to come out of colonization here will be a model of reconciliation for other countries faced with similar pressures to follow instead. 

Exactly. I'm sure that those who would go on to be 'canadians' thought that they were doing absolutely the right thing for the first nations and that God would reward them with a pat on the head and a lollipop for their efforts in the afterlife.  But....  what's the path to hell paved with again?

No, that's an even sillier thing to say. Quit digging.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yes, and now Canadians are treating 1st Nations the way we'd like to be treated if it had been us in their shoes.

And the first nations are basically the same culture as is so it works more to treat them like we'd like to be treated.

South Africa studied Canada's reserve system when coming up with apartheid and Israel in turn studied South Africa's homelands model for their colonization of the middle east.

Cool story.

Maybe the good thing to come out of colonization here will be a model of reconciliation for other countries faced with similar pressures to follow instead. 

No, that's an even sillier thing to say. Quit digging.

Yeah. That was pretty silly.

45 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah. That was pretty silly.

Why? You know the old saying, The world needs more Canada.

I'm pretty sure I even saw that on a coffee cup or was it a bumper sticker?

Edited by eyeball

On 5/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, herbie said:

To point out the stupidity of those who think the topics are remotely worth discussing.

It only points out that you do not have a life, you are stupid and you have an awful lot of free time on your hands.

Generally you can solve it by GETTING A FCKING JOB AND GETTING OFF THE FOOD STAMPS, goose stepper.

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

A lot of conservatives tell us this but too often in a manner that leaves a funny aftertaste, like it was them that made Canada great.

But no, you didn't build that.

LIke who? There just aren't many well-known conservatives in Canada outside politics. And in the federal realm none in power for years. The media/academia are, on the whole, pretty progressive, and they pump out progressive messaging 24/7. 

LIke who? There just aren't many well-known conservatives in Canada outside politics. And in the federal realm none in power for years.

Like conservatives around here. I don't know about you but I look to the more vocal supporters of a political party to guage the character of their party.

All supported

The media/academia are, on the whole, pretty progressive, and they pump out progressive messaging 24/7. 

I suppose. What really stands out to me about the media is the inability of any of them to get a straight answer from a politician or government official.

Maybe if they all agreed to boycott them and stop reporting we'd see better answers.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Like conservatives around here. I don't know about you but I look to the more vocal supporters of a political party to guage the character of their party.

All supported

Supported what? Pride in Canada and in its traditions, institutions, history and values? That is a conservative thing, after all. 

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I suppose. What really stands out to me about the media is the inability of any of them to get a straight answer from a politician or government official.

Maybe if they all agreed to boycott them and stop reporting we'd see better answers.

They don't need to boycott them. They just need to stop being pussies. You ever watch British interviews and interview shows? They're not nearly as polite as our reporters when a politician won't answer the question. 

Supported what? Pride in Canada and in its traditions, institutions, history and values? That is a conservative thing, after all. 

That All supported was just a typo.

They don't need to boycott them. They just need to stop being pussies. You ever watch British interviews and interview shows? They're not nearly as polite as our reporters when a politician won't answer the question. 

Does it make a difference?

I mean it, taking away all the attention politicians crave might actually make a difference.

I'd rather politicians and lobbyists be outfitted with body cams but there's little to no appetite for any real transparency or accountability amongst voters.  They've simply given up on even trying. And as for partisans they'll never go for it because secrecy and evasive politicians are the fuel and oxygen they need for all the speculative slagging they love indulging in.

Edited by eyeball