How to defeat the Federal Liberals so Poilievre can become PM

9 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Federal Liberals love winners.

Pretense over substance. With substance outlawed, chased and locked out of the system what else would one turn to? Guess. All empty show. 99.9% pure vacuum of thought, principle and will.

Edited by myata

3 minutes ago, myata said:

That sounds right. A great, thoughtful company for future centuries of prosperity and peace.

the Commonwealth was just some cocktail party club for Queen Elizabeth

so she could pretend to be Empress still, even after the Empire was dismantled

the vast majority of the Commonwealth being republics which view the British as being their colonial oppressors

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Liberals are the epitome of "do as I say, not as I do".  Even with climate they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

With urban women, this is the Achilles's heel.

The Conservatives must either make the NDP more attractive for urban Anglo women. Or get them onside.

===

Poilievre must call the federal Liberals on their hypocrisy. Urban women will listen.

But the Conservatives must also be honest about practical answers.

Edited by August1991

29 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Turner may have been a bilingual drunk who danced with a princess - but he was also PM.

Yes - i noted  that.  HE was - briefly  :)

You missed Blake.

I didn't miss anyone i just didn't name everyone. I mentioned turner because he was a good example of the ones i mentioned who didn't make it long.

Even Meighen was a PM. Federal Liberals love winners.

They do historically but they havent' always been winners.

=====

I reckon the Liberals made a mistake with Dion. They should have chosen Rae. I remember that leadership race.

He would have lost just as bad. Dion was pretty bad tho.

It reminded me of the Ontario Conservatives choosing Miller rather than Timbrell.

Yeah. Politics will always be a rich environment for 'what if'.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Therefore I say all is lost, my friends. Canada is lost.

lost to an invasion by the Chinese Communists in Beijing

the Chinese Communists having waged a long war in order to subjugate Canada

with the Chinese now actually operating military bases on Canadian soil

at what point can we invoke NATO Article 5 ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myata said:

The epitaph:

They slumbered wide and deep and long, awaiting to awaken to a bright new dawn

the entropy had other plans for them indeed,

this telling tale, young fellow you should heed.

the Liberals bet the farm on the Chinese Communists

the Liberals went all in on "the end of history" & "Chine is not really Communist anymore"

now China has made the Liberals into their Trojan Horse proxy inside Fortress North America

it's the scorpion & the frog

the Chinese scorpion is a totalitarian Communist dictatorship after all

and Canada simply lacks the national security wherewithal to defend itself from such a threat

7 hours ago, cougar said:

"How to defeat the Federal Liberals so Poilievre can become PM"

How to replace one =word of choice= with another?

So your argument is that Justin Trudeau and his style of gov't will be the same as PP and his style of gov't?

Do you really feel that's a defensible postilion?

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

In my opinion the federal Liberals will still be hard to beat, despite Trudeau's numerous failures that expose him as being unworthy of the office. Plus, he's got the NDP vote on his side as well. They're enjoying the biggest slice of the federal pie they've had for many years, and will continue supporting Trudeau's Liberals.

the Liberals have the Chinese superpower intervening on their behalf

the Liberals have almost all the media in their pocket

the Liberals have now given themselves the power to censor the internet, control what Canadians see online

corporations, academia, the bureaucracy, all with the Liberals 

and the Liberals will recklessly print money regardless of inflation to buy votes 

the Conservatives meanwhile are timid, the Conservatives are already intimidated by the media

the Conservatives have been backpedalling in the face of the Liberal media before the fight has even started

the Liberals are simply going to declare Poilievre to be "Canadian Trump !" ;  boom, game over

1 hour ago, myata said:

But that's kind of logical, not so? If you can have more power, and protect it too, why wouldn't you? When you can.

Only a natural evolution. You were told; you were warned. But chose to get a beer and sleep.

I don't think logic drives Canadian politics

Canadian politics are driven by an irrational fear,  loathing & resentment of America

which incites Canada to do crazy self destructive things

like trying to make Canada into a proxy for the Chinese Communists

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

make Canada into a proxy for the Chinese Communists

Maybe only the natural desire to be friendly with pretty much anybody. Keep it friendly, more of the country can be sold for longer so the dough will keep coming out of the bottomless well. Sprinkle a tiny bit on the populace it'll go watch hockey happy. Retire to a generous dinner in the mansion and talk about jobs well done and standards kept. Then we'll figure something. Or someone may.

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Maybe only the natural desire to be friendly with pretty much anybody.

Canadians are no friend to America

Canadians are speech banning, gun grabbing, hysterical enemies of American freedom

Canadians are shameless freeloaders who live by American defense, while siding with America's enemies

Canadians are just passive aggressive about it

in this case, Canada trying to stick to America anyway it can

even if that means the little Canadian frog is going to get stung by the big Chinese scorpion

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

even if that means

Nothing means anything here, did you notice? Anything can be said and mean anything too. Strong and free eh with a mask on each elbow in strict accordance with the recommendation. Chitchatting uselessly, idly for way too long we thought it'll be nothing. But what if it sticks worse still, changes, makes a new nature?

Edited by myata

19 hours ago, myata said:

Nothing means anything here, did you notice? Anything can be said and mean anything too. Strong and free eh with a mask on each elbow in strict accordance with the recommendation. Chitchatting uselessly, idly for way too long we thought it'll be nothing. But what if it sticks worse still, changes, makes a new nature?

the Liberals have dragged Canada into a no man's land in a war between America & China

the Liberals are reportedly under the undue influence of a hostile foreign dictatorship in China

while at the same time Justin Trudeau has declared the Republicans in America to be the "enemies of Canada"

this is not just treasonous lunacy

it is an existentially dangerous position for Canada to be put into

Today Conservative ideology does not appeal to voters.  People want something for nothing and that is how they vote.  A while back I posted this video with a few suggestions for Conservatives.  This approach might not get them elected, nothing might, but at least they can have responsibility and integrity.   

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, Dougie93 said:

the Liberals have dragged Canada into a no man's land in a war between America & China

Strongly disagree.

The federal Liberals - Canada - have preserved a greater concept: a federal civilized State.

====

Make no mistake: we Canadians get along.

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

Justin Trudeau is a hypocrite.

Trudeau Jnr does one thing - while telling others what to do.

====

This is how Poilievre wins. 

While theres truth to that, historically people need something to vote FOR - not just something to vote against. 

The last two elections show that.

So to win the cpc will still have to put something attractive on the table to win over ontario.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

While theres truth to that, historically people need something to vote FOR - not just something to vote against. 

The last two elections show that.

So to win the cpc will still have to put something attractive on the table to win over ontario.

IMHO, René Lévesque was a true democrat. Justin Trudeau's father was a federalist.

After 1984, he worked in Montreal - a city where he could walk home.

Montréal est une ville formidable.

====

I have never met Trudeau Jnr or his wife Sophie. I know people who studied/taught at Brébeuf. 

20 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Justin Trudeau's father was a federalist.

After 1984, he worked in Montreal - a city where he could walk home.

REminds me of an old joke - still works today tho for his kid ?

Pierre trudeau decided to walk to work at the parliament one day. On his way he saw the rising sun, and said "Sun - am i a good leader?"

The sun replied "You are an amazing leader who cares for and represents his people and the country is lucky to have you"

Cheered by this he continued to work and put in a full day. On his way home he saw the setting sun and looking for a little extra praise he once again asked "Sun, am i  a good leader?"

"You are a tyrant and a traitor" said the sun. You have betrayed your people and worked against their will, you care for nothing but your own corrupt power".

"Woah!" Said trudeau-  "This morning you had nothing but compliments for me! Now you hate me! What happened!?!?"

"Ahhh" said the Sun, "this morning i was in the east.  This evening I'm in the west."

Canada is heading for a public budget crunch and that's a fact and only a matter of time. Now, when it happens not if there will the be time for austerity and tightening the belts, for the common betterment.

Now, important: the belts will be tightened, services streamlined and downloaded etc from the substandard state, often that of a chronic semi-crisis. When the budgets are balanced again (that's actually an if), the bureaucracy will work first on restoring its funding and privileges and the services will come distant second (and if). I.e., substandard state with panicked chaotic responses, huge management compensations and reports on aboriginal climate change, the ultimate priority. The cycle closes.

Do you see the pattern already? For the society, it's a minus-minus, never plus negative balance game. You spend ever more and get, ever less. The country is in the state of gradual but steady decline. Costs rise as surely as degradation of services. And there's no potential to reverse the trend because it would have to come from somewhere but there's nothing and cannot be anything new here. Guaranteed and stamped. We are screwed: a mathematical proof.

Edited by myata