Tyre Nichols would be alive to day if he hadn't resisted arrest

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I read what you said. You justified Tyres death by stating his noncompliance caused the beating.  I'm wondering what law it is that allows the police to beat a suspect to death because they ran away from them. 

What a pea-brain.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:53 AM, Nationalist said:

Question: would these cops have beaten Tyre, had he just pulled over and stopped and cooperated?

That's an increasingly open question now which is why so many blacks run.

I'm surprised more don't carry a gun and simply start shooting in self-defence when pulled over.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

That's an increasingly open question now which is why so many blacks run.

I'm surprised more don't carry a gun and simply start shooting in self-defence when pulled over.

I don't think it's an open question at all. Black people, particularly men, fear the police, because this shit keeps happening. I know successful Black men in fine suits and cars who will readily tell you they still get that primal fear in the pit of their stomachs whenever they have to interact with the police. Fight or flight is real 

Black parents have to have "the talk" with their children about how to interact police to avoid getting killed. 

These are simply not things white folks have to think about. That's privilege.

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

I don't think it's an open question at all. Black people, particularly men, fear the police, because this shit keeps happening. I know successful Black men in fine suits and cars who will readily tell you they still get that primal fear in the pit of their stomachs whenever they have to interact with the police. Fight or flight is real.

It sure is.

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Black parents have to have "the talk" with their children about how to interact police to avoid getting killed. 

These are simply not things white folks have to think about. That's privilege.

You certainly need to have "the talk" when you have a kid with schizophrenia.

Fortunately the 6 cops who had to deal with my son didn't kill him when they arrested him. Maybe because he's white but more likely because he was just lucky that day. He's an adult now and doing quite well for himself but a parent's fear is never far away

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Really? Interesting.

Really. It's interesting that self-defence is one of the main reasons given for having the right to conceal and carry a gun don't you think?  I'm pretty sure a lot of people believe they have the right to defend themselves from their government on occasion too. 

I mean yes, I realize the proper course of action is to do as police tell you but there's just been so many of these incidents in a culture so steeped in gun ownership and distrust of government I'm surprised more people aren't shooting first.

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Really. It's interesting that self-defence is one of the main reasons given for having the right to conceal and carry a gun don't you think?  I'm pretty sure a lot of people believe they have the right to defend themselves from their government on occasion too. 

I mean yes, I realize the proper course of action is to do as police tell you but there's just been so many of these incidents in a culture so steeped in gun ownership and distrust of government I'm surprised more people aren't shooting first.

Again...interesting. do you carry a gun too?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

No, I'm not an American black and I'm not afraid of our government.

So, you found my comments on self-defence interesting? 

In some states people can carry guns with them. If one has a gun, get pulled over and opens fire, that person will shortly be decorating a coroner's table.

You speak as if all police ate the enemy of the people. I hope that's not what you meant?

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

You speak as if all police ate the enemy of the people. I hope that's not what you meant?

Enough act like they are that people simply don't know who or what to trust.

Personally, I think it's the cops who act more irrationally in the face of their own fear and I suspect the vast majority of them are right wingers given how reactionary they are.

I mean, people liked you and reason10 are probably the very last people I'd ever entrust with a badge, a gun and a mandate to protect the public.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Enough act like they are that people simply don't know who or what to trust.

Personally, I think it's the cops who act more irrationally in the face of their own fear and I suspect the vast majority of them are right wingers given how reactionary they are.

I mean, people liked you and reason10 are probably the very last people I'd ever entrust with a badge, a gun and a mandate to protect the public.

No I'm sure you'd like a police force full of Chrystia Freeland clones.

Tell ya what...if I had become a cop, I'd have done as I have in my chosen career. Succeed.

That you find the very idea that had Tyre not tried to flee arrest, he'd likely be alive right now, is simply numb.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

One of the problems with recruiting new officers is the profession attracts people of a certain mindset.

One of my sons spent some time after high school, deciding if he wanted to be a cop, a soldier or a fire fighter. Fire fighter won out in the end. He's a very respectful and honorable young adult...as are all my spawn.

Question: could the occurances of bad cops, be a product of poor parenting?

Edited by Nationalist

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

One of my sons spent some time after high school, deciding if he wanted to be a cop, a soldier or a fire fighter. Fire fighter won out in the end. He's a very respectful and honorable young adult...as are all my spawn.

Question: could the occurances of bad cops, be a product of poor parenting?

I should mention that I have the utmost respect for those types of people- the good cop, the good public servant.

In regards to the Tyre Nichols case, we should not paint all cops, the same colour... ;)

• Like 1