President Biden's staffers accidentally packing classified documents during move, forces Republicans to reveal extreme hypocrisy after pretending Trump's violations were not important.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1614626593317523459

Jake Tapper asks GOP Oversight Chair James Comer, who's trying to make a big deal out of Biden's handling of classified documents, to explain a clip of him saying last November that investigating Trump's mishandling of classified docs is "not a priority" for him. 

Trump Rolls Out Yet Another Defense

Donald Trump claimed on Truth Social that he collected “hundreds” of “inexpensive folders with various words printed on them” — like “Classified” or “Confidential” — because they were “cool.”

But he claimed that the folders did not contain any documents and that any documents found in them were likely planted by FBI agents who searched Mar-a-Lago.

LMAO

40.png

On 1/16/2023 at 6:35 PM, TreeBeard said:

I don’t think anything has been proven in court for either case, has there?

Until the trials are complete, I reserve the right to assume both are guilty and hope they go to jail simply for my amusement. 

But there’s probable cause. 
There is a lot of probable cause in  Trump’s case. 

It's coming to light that a lot of people have classified documents at home and elsewhere.  Elected officials...bureaucrats...diplomats...and I'd venture a guess that many of them live with those unseemly, Trump induced stains in the crotch of their pants, just like robo-bot.

So I'll make a prediction:

This classified document scandal is gonna Peter out soon. No charges will ever be brought and all government staff will quietly start returning the classified documents they happen to have.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, Legato said:

There's a world of difference between a President and a Vice-President having classified documents at his residence.

Absolutely true, according to the rules that you made up. 

But what you don’t understand is that America is a nation of LAW.  And Biden and Pence did not violate the LAW. Trump did.  

What’s the difference? The difference is two-fold: First, the LAW says that removal of classified documents is only a crime if the material was KNOWINGLY removed with the INTENT to keep it. Both conditions must be met.  

Second: The suspected charges listed against Trump involve obstruction of justice and lying to investigators.  Pence and Biden were 100% cooperative; Trump was not. Trump insisted on keeping the documents after not only repeated requests, but even after court orders.  Trump himself said he was “negotiating” the return of the documents. There is nothing to negotiate!  If I steal your car, am I allowed to “negotiate” for its return? Of course not! Biden and Pence did not negotiate; they proactively looked for the documents and voluntarily returned them. 

And in Trump’s case, the charges listed so far do not pertain to whether the documents were classified or not.  The issue is stolen government property. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

It's coming to light that a lot of people have classified documents at home and elsewhere.  Elected officials...bureaucrats...diplomats...and I'd venture a guess that many of them live with those unseemly, Trump induced stains in the crotch of their pants, just like robo-bot.

I have already stated several times that ACCIDENTAL retention of classified documents is far more common than is known.  Because people make mistakes. Duh.

The EXCEPTION is Trump's refusal to return documents when demanded and LYING about having them.

He clearly  KNEW he had some that were found in his DESK DRAWERS.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

So I'll make a prediction:

This classified document scandal is gonna Peter out soon. No charges will ever be brought and all government staff will quietly start returning the classified documents they happen to have.

We all know your predictions are not worth the time it takes you to write them. LMAO

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

Absolutely true, according to the rules that you made up. 

But what you don’t understand is that America is a nation of LAW.  And Biden and Pence did not violate the LAW. Trump did.  

What’s the difference? The difference is two-fold: First, the LAW says that removal of classified documents is only a crime if the material was KNOWINGLY removed with the INTENT to keep it. Both conditions must be met.  

Second: The suspected charges listed against Trump involve obstruction of justice and lying to investigators.  Pence and Biden were 100% cooperative; Trump was not. Trump insisted on keeping the documents after not only repeated requests, but even after court orders.  Trump himself said he was “negotiating” the return of the documents. There is nothing to negotiate!  If I steal your car, am I allowed to “negotiate” for its return? Of course not! Biden and Pence did not negotiate; they proactively looked for the documents and voluntarily returned them. 

And in Trump’s case, the charges listed so far do not pertain to whether the documents were classified or not.  The issue is stolen government property. 

One more example of a non-lawyer, non-American who believes he knows US LAW better than actual lawyers HERE.

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

One more example of a non-lawyer, non-American who believes he knows US LAW better than actual lawyers HERE.

We all have to follow the law, and we can all look it up, and read it from the servers of our state and federal governments.  The last thing anyone here should argue is what the law says.  

Sometimes, it can be difficult to know how the law applies to a circumstance, and that’s when we read the case law.   But the Federal law about classified information is very clearly written.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I have already stated several times that ACCIDENTAL retention of classified documents is far more common than is known.  Because people make mistakes. Duh.

The EXCEPTION is Trump's refusal to return documents when demanded and LYING about having them.

He clearly  KNEW he had some that were found in his DESK DRAWERS.

We all know your predictions are not worth the time it takes you to write them. LMAO

LOL...yes dear...LOL

• Downvote 1

On 1/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, Legato said:

There's a world of difference between a President and a Vice-President having classified documents at his residence.

Show me the US Federal Law which says that.  

Or, I could show you the current standing Executive Order, written during the Obama Administration which gives both the President and Vice President declassification authority. 

I’ll wait.

41 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Show me the US Federal Law which says that.  

Or, I could show you the current standing Executive Order, written during the Obama Administration which gives both the President and Vice President declassification authority. 

I’ll wait.

Who's talking about declassification? 

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Do not deflect. Show us the law. 

You're hilarious. You deflect to stuff in some incomplete little factoid you most likely read in the recent USA Today fact check you're desperate to stuff in, then accuse somebody else of deflecting.

It's OK. I'll follow your strawman with you. As I understand it the executive order only says the vice president has the right to declassify documents he classified.

Lets' assume that's what happened. All you'd be saying is both Trump and Biden had the power to declassify documents.

And here's an important little factoid your strutting little strawman forgot to mention.

Classified documents were found in Biden's home going back to his time as a Senator. 

"

First, while there are competing arguments as to the extent of a vice president’s power to declassify documents, there is no world in which a US senator would be able to declassify them. The DoJ recovered documents from Biden’s time as a senator, which raises serious questions as to how they ended up in his personal possession. Several Democratic senators, including Tim Kaine and Dick Durbin, outlined the procedures they would have to go through to even review such materials. Kaine explained that he is only shown classified material in a SCIF (a sensitive compartmented information facility), while Durbin said he would sometimes be able to review it behind a locked door in his office with a handler present. They were never allowed to take these documents with them. How was Biden able to do so? Did he steal them?"

Also concerning the differences between the authority of Trump to declassify documents versus Biden there's this:

"

Comparatively, Trump claimed he had a standing order to declassify all documents that were moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago at the end of his first term as president. There is a dispute over whether he went through the appropriate procedure to declassify documents — and if there is any evidence of this “standing order” — but there is no question as to whether he had the authority to do it."

https://thespectator.com/topic/biden-classified-document-worse-trump-mar-a-lago/

Edited by Infidel Dog

On 1/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, robosmith said:LMAO
40.png

Here's another interesting little factoid the left doesn't seem to want people to notice.

"

During its thirteen-hour search, the DOJ found “six items” containing classified documents at Biden’s home. This does not mean that they found six classified documents, as some reporters have claimed. We do not know exactly how many documents were recovered — which a White House aide confirmed during an interview — because we do not know what the “six items” are. They could be cardboard boxes, plastic tote containers, filing cabinets, woven baskets, any other receptacle capable of holding papers. Any accounting of who had more documents between Trump or Biden is unknowable at this point — and shouldn’t factor into any analysis of the severity of each respective case."

Edited by Infidel Dog

On 1/16/2023 at 2:32 PM, robosmith said:

Seems like ANY "investigation" into Biden's 20 classified pages will continually draw focus on them IGNORING Trump's 300 classified documents at Mar-a-Lago which INCLUDE SCI (highest level) classification.

Impossible to EXCUSE the latter while claiming the former REQUIRES an "investigation." LMAO

Provide a link or admit you are making this schitt up.

Are you REALLY this stupid and lazy?

On 1/16/2023 at 12:32 PM, robosmith said:

Seems like ANY "investigation" into Biden's 20 classified pages will continually draw focus on them IGNORING Trump's 300 classified documents at Mar-a-Lago which INCLUDE SCI (highest level) classification.

Impossible to EXCUSE the latter while claiming the former REQUIRES an "investigation." LMAO

Documents were found in the hair sniffer's possession too, so it has to be investigated. It doesn't matter how many documents there were, it's the act that counts. 

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

You're hilarious. You deflect to stuff in some incomplete little factoid you most likely read in the recent USA Today fact check you're desperate to stuff in, then accuse somebody else of deflecting.

It's OK. I'll follow your strawman with you. As I understand it the executive order only says the vice president has the right to declassify documents he classified.

Lets' assume that's what happened. All you'd be saying is both Trump and Biden had the power to declassify documents.

And here's an important little factoid your strutting little strawman forgot to mention.

Classified documents were found in Biden's home going back to his time as a Senator. 

"

First, while there are competing arguments as to the extent of a vice president’s power to declassify documents, there is no world in which a US senator would be able to declassify them. The DoJ recovered documents from Biden’s time as a senator, which raises serious questions as to how they ended up in his personal possession. Several Democratic senators, including Tim Kaine and Dick Durbin, outlined the procedures they would have to go through to even review such materials. Kaine explained that he is only shown classified material in a SCIF (a sensitive compartmented information facility), while Durbin said he would sometimes be able to review it behind a locked door in his office with a handler present. They were never allowed to take these documents with them. How was Biden able to do so? Did he steal them?"

Also concerning the differences between the authority of Trump to declassify documents versus Biden there's this:

"

Comparatively, Trump claimed he had a standing order to declassify all documents that were moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago at the end of his first term as president. There is a dispute over whether he went through the appropriate procedure to declassify documents — and if there is any evidence of this “standing order” — but there is no question as to whether he had the authority to do it."

https://thespectator.com/topic/biden-classified-document-worse-trump-mar-a-lago/

So according to a website that posts crap you want to hear…. That there is “No question” Trump had the authority to declassify material. There is definitely a lot of questions about that  

There is not a US Federal Law which says that a President can issue an invisible declassification order, and no-one needs to be informed.  There IS a Federal Appellate decision which says the President CANNOT issue “invisible” declassification orders. The standing WRITTEN executive order says that declassification needs to follow a procedure. 

How’s this? We get that you WANT Trump to be innocent, but don’t you give a shlt about anything? What if the documents were nuclear secrets, or the design of our latest weapons, or a list of spies inside of Russia? Do you think Trump should have declassified material which he didn’t even read, just because he carried it somewhere? Because… if it is declassified, that makes it PUBLIC.  It is not secret anymore.  Putin and the leaders of China are allowed to read ALL that material, because of the invisible secret order.  Is that so? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

"

"

Now SHOW US EVIDENCE that Biden KNEW he had classified docs in those boxes and INTENDED TO KEEP THEM.

Trump told NO ONE about his "standing order" until HE WAS CAUGHT HOARDING those documents in his DESK DRAWERS.

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Here's another interesting little factoid the left doesn't seem to want people to notice.

"

During its thirteen-hour search, the DOJ found “six items” containing classified documents at Biden’s home. This does not mean that they found six classified documents, as some reporters have claimed. We do not know exactly how many documents were recovered — which a White House aide confirmed during an interview — because we do not know what the “six items” are. They could be cardboard boxes, plastic tote containers, filing cabinets, woven baskets, any other receptacle capable of holding papers. Any accounting of who had more documents between Trump or Biden is unknowable at this point — and shouldn’t factor into any analysis of the severity of each respective case."

Trump was CAUGHT HOARDING 300+ classified documents. All accounts report that Biden had ~25, most in boxes packed by HIS STAFFERS.

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Documents were found in the hair sniffer's possession too, so it has to be investigated. It doesn't matter how many documents there were, it's the act that counts. 

You mean in boxes next to his Corvette. Show us EVIDENCE they were even opened, let alone searched.

In REALITY, the number of documents is STRONG EVIDENCE of the INTENT that Trump has STATED he INTENDS TO KEEP THEM.

Edited by robosmith