Jump to content

Trudeau's vendetta is destroying health care, not anti vaxxers


West

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Look, make up what you want. I provided the answer to your question.  "In 2020-21, the Canada Health Transfer share was $45.9 billion, or 22 per cent of health spending. "

The feds said they can increase it but under conditions and now they feds wait for the Provinces.

You can what if it to death.

BC's health care costs are forecast to rise by 14% in the next three years, that is 4.6% per year. If the federal transfer increase is only 3%, that means a 1.6% difference that the province will have to absorb and the federal share will be less than 22%. It's just numbers.

 

The feds have not been cutting transfers, the increases just haven't kept up with increases in costs.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Aristides said:

BC's health care costs are forecast to rise by 14% in the next three years, that is 4.6% per year. If the federal transfer increase is only 3%, that means a 1.6% difference that the province will have to absorb and the federal share will be less than 22%. It's just numbers.

 

The feds have not been cutting transfers, the increases just haven't kept up with increases in costs.

Last time I can reiterate this.

The feds have said they will increase but, they have conditions that all provinces must sign up to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Last time I can reiterate this.

The feds have said tMahey will increase but, they have conditions that all provinces must sign up to.

Maybe they will but I reiterate, the 22% is not a fixed amount.

Prior to 2017, transfer increases were constant at 6%. Since then they have averaged 3.64% with a high of  4.6% and lows for two years  at 3.% including 2021-22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Aristides said:

Maybe they will but I reiterate, the 22% is not a fixed amount.

Prior to 2017, transfer increases were constant at 6%. Since then they have averaged 3.64% with a high of  4.6% and lows for two years  at 3.% including 2021-22.

Of course a percentage is not a fixed amount of dollars. I described that a number of posts ago.

Bottom line, the feds are willing to increase the percentage, if all provinces will apply the conditions suggested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Of course a percentage is not a fixed amount of dollars. I described that a number of posts ago.

Bottom line, the feds are willing to increase the percentage, if all provinces will apply the conditions suggested.

It isn't a fixed percentage either. If the increases in costs outstrip the capped increase in transfers, the feds percentage goes down. The opposite is also true, if the increase in transfers outstrip the increase in costs, the feds percentage would go up.

Hopefully they can reach a new agreement soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

It isn't a fixed percentage either. If the increases in costs outstrip the capped increase in transfers, the feds percentage goes down. The opposite is also true, if the increase in transfers outstrip the increase in costs, the feds percentage would go up.

Hopefully they can reach a new agreement soon.

As it is written now "

More than 70% of health care spending is publicly funded through general tax revenues.

The provinces and territories generate 78% of the cost, with the federal government providing the rest through the Canada Health Transfer (CHT).

This split has been the subject of debate since Medicare was first established.

At that time, the federal share was about 35%.

In the late 1970s, it dropped to 25%.

Today, the Canada Health Transfer stands at about 22%"

https://www.cma.ca/news/health-care-funding-canada

 

Also, a little health care spending history:

https://theconversation.com/the-disingenuous-demands-of-canadas-premiers-for-28-billion-in-health-care-funding-157024

 

Any yes, I agree funding should increase but, as I have often related, the government cannot give to one something it does not first take from someone or somewhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard Trudeau is off for a Christmas season vacation in the Caribbean.  Hope it is a good holiday.  In the meantime, the health care system is getting worse,  nurses and doctors are struggling in hospitals and emergency rooms.  One ER now on the CBC news is down to 50% of the staff they need.  This is a crisis.  How can politicians just take off on vacation and relax on Christmas holidays while the health care system is in a crisis.  I just don't get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, blackbird said:

I heard Trudeau is off for a Christmas season vacation in the Caribbean.  Hope it is a good holiday.  In the meantime, the health care system is getting worse,  nurses and doctors are struggling in hospitals and emergency rooms.  One ER now on the CBC news is down to 50% of the staff they need.  This is a crisis.  How can politicians just take off on vacation and relax on Christmas holidays while the health care system is in a crisis.  I just don't get it.

I heard millions of Canadians are off for a Christmas season vacation in the Caribbean or Mexico.

ER and hospital staff are allowed holidays too, aren't they?

There are lots of issues, health care, inflation, housing, jobs, cost of living, yet, we seem to be able to take Caribbean or Mexican (not even speaking of snowbirds and others going to sunny warm places) holidays, all of us, not just politicians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I heard millions of Canadians are off for a Christmas season vacation in the Caribbean or Mexico.

ER and hospital staff are allowed holidays too, aren't they?

There are lots of issues, health care, inflation, housing, jobs, cost of living, yet, we seem to be able to take Caribbean or Mexican (not even speaking of snowbirds and others going to sunny warm places) holidays, all of us, not just politicians.

The government (PM and cabinet) are the ones that have been entrusted and highly paid by the people of Canada to take care of the health care system which is failing.   So if they take off on holidays, they are not doing their job because they are the only ones that are able to fix the failing health care system.  

Yes, there are other needs, but health care for many people is a life and death issue and thousands could be dying because their cancer or heart issues are not being dealt with on time.  So the health care issue is top priority and for Trudeau to take off on a trip to Jamaica or wherever he went  is very disappointing.  This attitude has serious consequences for thousands of Canadians who are waiting many hours in emergency rooms and awaiting essential medical treatments.  This is not rocket science, but very simple to understand for most people.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The government (PM and cabinet) are the ones that have been entrusted and highly paid by the people of Canada to take care of the health care system which is failing.   So if they take off on holidays, they are not doing their job because they are the only ones that are able to fix the failing health care system.  

Yes, there are other needs, but health care for many people is a life and death issue and thousands could be dying because their cancer or heart issues are not being dealt with on time.  So the health care issue is top priority and for Trudeau to take off on a trip to Jamaica or wherever he went  is very disappointing.  This attitude has serious consequences for thousands of Canadians who are waiting many hours in emergency rooms and awaiting essential medical treatments.  This is not rocket science, but very simple to understand for most people.

So, no one deserves or is entitled to a vacation?

As well, anybody and everybody can work remotely nowadays. They do not have to be sitting in an office all the time anymore.

Do you really think politicians (including the PM) are not in constant communications with staff or whomever needs direction?

Politician do not work in the hospitals and the Provinces are responsible for health care and individual hospitals and health centres are responsible for their operations.

So yes, this is not rocket science and even you should grasp the foolishness of your assertions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So, no one deserves or is entitled to a vacation?

As well, anybody and everybody can work remotely nowadays. They do not have to be sitting in an office all the time anymore.

Do you really think politicians (including the PM) are not in constant communications with staff or whomever needs direction?

Politician do not work in the hospitals and the Provinces are responsible for health care and individual hospitals and health centres are responsible for their operations.

So yes, this is not rocket science and even you should grasp the foolishness of your assertions.

You are obviously just being contrary as you usually are.  The 37 million Canadians who are not the political leaders have no control over the health care system.  It is controlled by the provincial governments, led by Premiers and the federal government led by Trudeau.  Since it is an emergency, they should not be jetting off for a vacation. That is a no-brainer.  The federal government is a partner in health care funding and they have reduced their contribution significantly over the years to where it is now only 22%.   There is a vaccum in leadership by the federal government.  Trudeau is not fit for the job and should leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are obviously just being contrary as you usually are.  The 37 million Canadians who are not the political leaders have no control over the health care system.  It is controlled by the provincial governments, led by Premiers and the federal government led by Trudeau.  Since it is an emergency, they should not be jetting off for a vacation. That is a no-brainer.  The federal government is a partner in health care funding and they have reduced their contribution significantly over the years to where it is now only 22%.   There is a vaccum in leadership by the federal government.  Trudeau is not fit for the job and should leave.

Nothing contrary at all.

No one works 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Don't be such a fool.

Everyone is entitled to a vacation. Companies, Corporations and Countries do not stop just because of vacations for the CEO. All things still work.

As I said, which you seem incapable of understanding is, provinces run the health care system. It is their responsibility. health care regions allocate the funds, then they pass the funds to the hospitals who manage it. The PM has nothing to do with this.

Don't even go to the 22% sharing area. The 22%, as I have told you before, is a percentage (oh and it has been 22% for a very long time, including conservative governments). A percentage cannot be reduced....it can only increase as provincial expenditure increases. If the provincial spending goes up, so does the money from the Feds. The Feds have offered more but, the provinces have to prove the funds are properly spent. They refused so, the stalemate.
Bottom line is everyone is entitled vacations and if you are so naive to think everything stops while some go on vacation, you are dumber than we all thought.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,771
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    joebialek
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Matthew earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CouchPotato earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CouchPotato went up a rank
      Contributor
    • Akalupenn earned a badge
      First Post
    • CouchPotato went up a rank
      Explorer
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...