A California court rules of Christian baker exercising her First Amendment rights

You know the case. A wedding cake baker who is Christian, refuses to bake a cake for a lesbian couple to get married. (This action is protected by the First Amendment.)

The Nazis came after her for this.

And it appears a California court has sided with her, (and the First Amendment).

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-court-rules-favor-christian-baker-refused-bake-cake-lesbian-wedding

California court rules in favor of Christian baker who refused to bake cake for lesbian wedding

A California court ruled in favor of a Christian baker Friday following a years-long legal battle after she refused to bake a custom cake for a lesbian wedding in 2017, citing her religious beliefs.

"We applaud the court for this decision," Thomas More Society Special Counsel Charles LiMandri said in a statement. "The freedom to practice one’s religion is enshrined in the First Amendment, and the United States Supreme Court has long upheld the freedom of artistic expression."

Cathy Miller, a cake designer who owns the popular Tastries bakery in Bakersfield, California, won what her lawyers at the Thomas More Society called "a First Amendment victory" when Judge Eric Bradshaw of the Superior Court of California in Kern County ruled against California's Department of Fair Housing and Employment, which had brought the lawsuit against her.

Miller was subject to multiple lawsuits after she referred a lesbian couple to another baker when they requested a cake for their wedding. Because of her Christian belief that marriage is between one man and one woman, Miller declined to design a custom cake for their ceremony, believing it would be tantamount to a tacit affirmation.

Now I'm kind of looking at this with two minds.

1. On the capitalist side, I'd bake a cake for ANYONE, lesbians, fags, Saudi Arabian Muslims marrying 8 year old girls. It's CAKE. It's money. Do a good job and you get MORE orders for wedding cake. Weddings are big business.

2. On the religious freedom side, the state should not be allowed to violate a business's personal RELIGIOUS views (which are guaranteed by the Constitution.) This lady had EVERY Constitutional right to refuse to do business with people whose perverted lifestyles she disagreed with.

Yeah, I know. Refusing to do business with queers is probably not a smart business move in California, a state that glorifies every sexual deviancy on the planet. That state may some day legalize pedophelia. A five year old girl's FIRST lesbian experience might be a cause for a celebration. And since so many people in California are sick fcks, maybe it's not good business to intimidate these people.

I do admire her courage and convictions.

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you call black people niggers still?  Jewish people kikes?

Actually, black people call each other niggers.

Jewish people probably have the best sense of humor of any white folk. They make up some of the funniest comedians of all time.

A fag is a cigarette (to the Brits). The word Faggot is a flower. (Information like that is hidden from people like you, in books.)

Homosexuals call themselves queers. It's actually in one of their many acronyms. LGBTQ. (Get someone with an education to explain that to you.)

When I was in school, the few of them we knew were called queers. Somehow that seemed a bit extreme and the word Fag came about. (Yeah, I know. How do you somehow equate a homosexual with a British cigarette?)

Personally, I call black people black. I don't insult them with that bullshit term "African American" because it suggests that they are inferior and need a hyphenated title to make them close to equal to the superior Caucasian.  I'm not a racist.

Pretty much every liberal is a racist, and almost ALL Democrats are.

You proved it by introducing the N word in this discussion.

6 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

But you call them fags.  Why is that?

Truthfully I don't know how FAG could somehow apply to men who engage in anal sex with other men.

A faggot is a flower. A fag is a British slang term for a cigarette.

That having been said, there are lots of American terms that provide plenty of entertainment for those who use them. Fag just happens to be such a term. Ranks up there with Snowflake, Neocon, etc.

Truthfully, I have no wish to deliberately piss off a homo, at least one who minds his own business and leaves children alone. But it IS amusing when groups of homos engage in shrill noise about whatever bullshit cause creates a wrinkle in their panties.

Being that I am white and American, I've lived with being called Whitey, a honky, a cracker, an Ofay, etc. I'm still around and my sanity is indexed to my intelligence (which compared to a lot of idiots here is off the charts high). Thing is, I have no desire to deliberately hurt one's feelings, that is, if one doesn't have his/her/its finger jabbed in my face for some bullshit cause.

On 10/24/2022 at 3:51 PM, TreeBeard said:

Do you call black people niggers still?  Jewish people kikes?

Why are you derailing this thread? Why do you care so much? I don't particularly like the term fag, but then again, I have a gay son. Be that as it is...

I agree with the court ruling. If I don't wanna work for someone, I don't need to explain my reasons to you or anyone else.

I'm always curious why Libbies are so intent on crushing freedoms. Don't you realize how inevitably damaging that is?

On 10/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, reason10 said:

. On the capitalist side, I'd bake a cake for ANYONE, lesbians, fags, Saudi Arabian Muslims marrying 8 year old girls. It's CAKE. It's money.

So, you’re trying to tell us the fags you were referring to here are cigarettes….   Ok then.  

That’s something I would expect from a 13 year old thinking he’s clever and getting away with something.  

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Why are you derailing this thread? Why do you care so much? I don't particularly like the term fag, but then again, I have a gay son. Be that as it is...

I agree with the court ruling. If I don't wanna work for someone, I don't need to explain my reasons to you or anyone else.

I'm always curious why Libbies are so intent on crushing freedoms. Don't you realize how inevitably damaging that is?

i don’t care about the court ruling.  It means as much to me living in Canada as a ruling in Japan. 

I don’t mind calling out bigotry on this forum for people like your son, if you can’t be bothered to.  

Edited by TreeBeard

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

So, you’re trying to tell us the fags you were referring to here are cigarettes….   Ok then.  

i don’t care about the court ruling.  It means as much to me living in Canada as a ruling in Japan. 

I don’t mind calling out bigotry on this forum for people like your son, if you can’t be bothered to.  

My son is fine, but I'll extend you intentions. 

You "call out bigotry" do ya.

Are you a fan of affirmative action?

11 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

That’s something I would expect from a 13 year old thinking he’s clever and getting away with something.  

Apparently you have the reading comprehension skills of a typical idiot blue stater.

I was giving you the HISTORY of the word fag. Of course, it means limp wristed swish who engages in sex with other men and children. And it triggers low information idiots. So there is a positive in using that word, occasionally. I don't smoke and I don't live in England.l

As far as bigotry goes, the most bigoted assholes in the world are left wingers. You people make the KKK blush.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 7:18 PM, TreeBeard said:

There is NOTHING bigoted about the word FAG. It is a label, but it does not mean Democrat storm troopers will enter a neighborhood and roust out all same sex couples and put them in camps.

You seem to have a problem with free speech.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:33 PM, herbie said:

So they don't need to bake cakes for Jewish or black weddings, that's the point he's getting across. Imagine being such an ass-hole you celebrate the right to discrimination.

Discrimination is as old as humanity itself. Humans very often find themselves discriminating against one another based on lots of factors: Appearance; intelligence, ability, training, etc

The only discrimination that is illegal is that which is against the protected classes: race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin.

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

There is NOTHING bigoted about the word FAG. It is a label, but it does not mean Democrat storm troopers will enter a neighborhood and roust out all same sex couples and put them in camps.

You seem to have a problem with free speech.

The word isn’t bigoted.  The person using those kinds of words is clearly bigoted.  

Free speech does not mean speech without any consequences.  When you use bigoted and hateful speech being called out on it does not trample on your freedoms.  It’s just making everyone aware that you’re a bigoted a$$hole.  

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Racists and bigots always try and hide behind history.  

Striving to be better and root out bigoted views like yours is a good thing, despite the fact that humans were once terrible to each other based on flawed reasoning.  

I don't know about that. Democrats have always been racist and bigots and they act like they are proud of it. They were racists before and after the Civil War and they are SUPER racists today.

As far as bigoted goes, EVERYONE is a bigot. Everyone recognizes behavior he or she disapproves of. You disapprove of my superior education and being right most of the time. There's nothing flawed about my reasoning.

Just remember, the goose steppers doing the most finger wagging are the worst bigots/racists in history.

By the way, sexuality is not a race.

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

The word isn’t bigoted.  The person using those kinds of words is clearly bigoted.  

Free speech does not mean speech without any consequences.  When you use bigoted and hateful speech being called out on it does not trample on your freedoms.  It’s just making everyone aware that you’re a bigoted a$$hole.  

The person wagging their finger at my use of those words is a bigot. And if that person cannot handle speech that disagrees with his/her narrow minded goose stepping vision of politically correct present, that person is a bigot, and an ignorant one at that.

By the way, homosexuality (faggity) is not a race. It is a choice.

Last time I checked,  a race is not a choice.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

(For people wondering here what that phrase means,

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area

Considering the low information liberals here (most of which were barely educated in inferior blue state public schools) pretty much ANYONE of a mainstream conservative mind set is of a superior intelligence. Kinda like a college professor entering a kennel.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Sounds like you, using words like "fag" and going to attack mode when someone disagrees.

You people  are REALLY going to have to dial it back. I have homosexual friends who call themselves fags all the time. I have black friends who call themselves niggers and call ME a nigger too. I know some Jews who have the sickest sense of humor in the world when it comes to Jew jokes. (Jews DO make the best comedians in the world.)

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Racists and bigots always hide behind this defence too….  you’re afraid to even stand behind your own bigotry because you know it’s wrong.  

“Everyone is a bigot”.  “We were all racists throughout history”.  LOL

There is nothing bigoted about the word Fag. There is something pathetic about being easily triggered by speech you don't like. And your side of the aisle is the most racist sector of society, so you have zero room to talk.

4 minutes ago, reason10 said:

(For people wondering here what that phrase means,

Considering the low information liberals here (most of which were barely educated in inferior blue state public schools) pretty much ANYONE of a mainstream conservative mind set is of a superior intelligence. Kinda like a college professor entering a kennel.

Wow.  Such ignorance.  

• Like 1