Ms America: You Can't Control the World

August1991

I used to admire America. I still do. I admire your Constitution, its restrictions on State power.

I am amazed that you Americans still have a single, written document that you argue about 

I could not ask for a better neighbour.

=======

But for the life of Mike, please do not try to change the rest of us.

Whether Serbia, Arabia, Canada, Russia - leave us the f++king alone.

Edited by August1991

• August1991 changed the title to Ms America: You Can't Control the World

Big countries are resented for meddling in the affairs of smaller ones but yet they are expected to have an active role in international politics. It's a fine line to get that balance right. 

Germany for example is a European superpower but it is not interested in having a global role. That's why it is often criticized for not acting like a country of its size is expected to. 

It would be better if you had admired the end-user license agreements of software in your computer. They are also written by lawyers and they are more honest than the constitution you admired.?

"All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." 

When these USA founders wrote down these great words, or great lies exactly, they hold thousands of slaves in their farms, and they still strongly opposed freeing salves when they were in power. Thomas Jefferson, the principle author of these lies, even had a sex slave in his house.

There are many countries in which the systems have some lies buried beneath their foundations, just like there may be some air bubbles inside the foundation of your or my house. But it is very rare that a country was entirely founded on a lie.

I'm a person who is ok with historical figures who are judged by modern criterion not the criterion then as bad guys, for example I'm ok with my son to enroll a Canadian university which was named under the inventor of reeducation camp....LOL, my son didn't attend that U but one of my coworker did recommend it to me. I mean, since Europeans led many key fields of human civilization like science and technologies then, it's understandable that some of them became  so arrogant that they though pure British culture was superior than others cultures and other people needed to be reeducated by the superior culture for good. They were racists, colonists, slave holders for sure, but at least they were honest by not hiding what they were and pretending to be what they truly weren't.

IMO if there is something worse than being a bad guy, it is that a bad guy pretends being a good guy.

Hollywood films used to portrait lawyers as bad guys for a reason: lying and wrapping a bad guy as a good guy is a part of lawyers' job. And with the combination of  lawyers, politicians, racists, colonists and slave holders, what good thing could you expect to come out except lies?

As for restrictions on state power, I really hate writing long boring posts so this time I take the short cut:

Just watch the movie clip below, then you will know why....?

Just in case there may be some underage readers who may not understand the relevancy between the video and the topic, I'd like to explain it: The pirate king has less power then a real king like British king in the movie, merely because the pirate lords don't trust each other, not because of any noble consideration.... ?

Edited by xul

On 10/15/2022 at 11:56 PM, sharkman said:

Someone else is pulling those strings.

I disagree. No one else is pulling strings.

=====

Except that I have met people in my life - bureaucrats, very ambitious,, very competitive. I fear that such people could provoke a nuclear war amongst us all.

I have also met people in my life - money people, very ambitious,, very competitive. I have no fear of them.

Edited by August1991

JFK & Reagan won the Cold War.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:56 PM, sharkman said:

Someone else is pulling those strings.

Sharkman,

Let me explain my point of view.

JFK, Johnson, Vietnam & Reagan won the the Cold War. The Soviets are defeated. Since 1990 or so, America won.

====

Since 1990 or so, give it a break.

Don't f** it up.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:54 PM, xul said:

When these USA founders wrote down these great words, or great lies exactly, they hold thousands of slaves in their farms, and they still strongly opposed freeing salves when they were in power. Thomas Jefferson, the principle author of these lies, even had a sex slave in his house.

Re-reading this thread.

====

xul, it seems easy for you to post your objection.

How was it possible for you to do this, several centuries after the "founders"?

Clueless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 4:23 AM, August1991 said:

Re-reading this thread.

====

xul, it seems easy for you to post your objection.

How was it possible for you to do this, several centuries after the "founders"?

Clueless.

This is the epic scene of film The Lord of the Rings: the historian of the king died by his king when he was writing down the last moment of the kingdom. 

Why all nations of the world need historians to record their history? Maybe someone would say: " so Hollywood screenplay writers can get clues from it for writing some historical soap operas..."?

I'm sure it is its unintended function but we need history because we can see into future by learning from our past, just like astronomers can predict planets' future positions according to their past trajectories.

The key feature of slavery is about CONTROL. The master or slaveholder controls everything of his slaves, from what jobs they should do to what god they should warship, etc. Nowadays US is still playing with its old ways, not only domestically but worldwide as well. Americans try to force every nation or culture in the world to accept the so-called Universal Value, which is actually just another expression of US's own value, just like old Europe originated slaveholders forced Africa originated slaves to believe in their god.

Most people who live in so-called America-ally countries like Canada have false feeling that they are treated special by US, they can make their own choice, but the reality is:  They only have the freedom of making their own choice if they choose to agree with US. US would be fine with Bombardier if it only chose to stay on its US-designated place as a regional jet maker, but when it chose to make more profitable narrow-body airliners to compete with Boeing, it was doomed just like a slave trying to date master's daughter.?

You are right that US can't control the world because no nation could enslave entire human race in human history. But you are also too naive to think that US would stop trying to do so because the slaveholder's mindset, the mindset of Command & Conquer?,  is in its blood and has become its culture.

Edited by xul

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 12:39 PM, xul said:

This is the epic scene of film The Lord of the Rings...

Tolkien?

=====

Since 1990 or so, for foreigners - people like me - "America" is now the single world power.

You Americans don't quite understand your situation in the world. To a foreigner, the gun thing has always been weird.

(For ordinary Americans, there is a county sheriff and the State DA but that's another story. WTF?) 

Edited by August1991

On 11/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, August1991 said:

Ms. America,

A century ago, you were on a progressive jag to stop alcohol-consumption. Now, you are on another progressive drumbeat to make us all trans-favourable.

As a Canadian, leave us alone.

America is often years behind on progressive values.  You’re blaming trans rights in Canada on America when we are way ahead of them in that regard.  

21 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

America is often years behind on progressive values.  You’re blaming trans rights in Canada on America when we are way ahead of them in that regard.  

Disagree strongly.

In 1919, progressives changed the US Constitution and forbid the use of alcohol.

It was a disaster.

====

I have no objection to preventing drinking booze. (What a triple negative... )

I object to so-called progressives designing my future.

20 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Disagree strongly.

In 1919, progressives changed the US Constitution and forbid the use of alcohol.

It was a disaster.

====

I have no objection to preventing drinking booze. (What a triple negative... )

I object to so-called progressives designing my future.

1919?  Why do you need to go back a century for an example?  Do you have more modern examples?