Again the soft-on-crime justice system results in multiple stabbing attacks in a Vancouver Park

30 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Bill C-75.

What about it? It's a big bill. Real big.

There does seem to be more and more mass stabbings lately though. Pretty sure there was another one in Langley a few months ago. Then then was that big one with all the murders on the Indian reserve. Others too, I think.

Apparently they're a real big problem in China but the media tries to keep it quiet.

Edited by Infidel Dog

24 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

What about it? It's a big bill. Real big.

There does seem to be more and more mass stabbings lately though. Pretty sure there was another one in Langley a few months ago. Then then was that big one with all the murders on the Indian reserve. Others too, I think.

Apparently they're a real big problem in China but the media tries to keep it quiet.

It is a big bill, it's an omnibus bill that the Liberals used to rant about when they were in opposition.

Bill C-75 makes it almost impossible to hold the people who are making these random attacks, that's why you see people arrested for these crimes and immediately put back on the street even though they have caused severe injuries to their victims.  Courts are next to useless when it comes to protecting the public. 

The default position of the courts when a person violates conditions of release,  is to just remove the condition. This just happened with a 17 year old in our town who continually violated a court imposed curfew. What does that teach a 17 year old other than he can get away with anything.

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

The Court emphasized a number of key principles and guidelines to apply in a contested bail hearing, including that releasing the accused without conditions should be the default position when granting release and that “release is favoured at the earliest reasonable opportunity on the least onerous grounds."

Edited by Aristides

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

And how is the government responsible for a man randomly stabbing people?

Many if not all these stabbings are done by repeat offenders who have gone through the revolving door repeatedly.  They have been arrested by police, brought before the court and released on conditions, which they ignored.  Some are seriously mentally ill.  They should have either been locked in prison or should be in a mental institution.  The protection of the public should come first, not the offender's right to be free.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Many if not all these stabbings are done by repeat offenders who have gone through the revolving door repeatedly.  They have been arrested by police, brought before the court and released on conditions, which they ignored.  Some are seriously mentally ill.  They should have either been locked in prison or should be in a mental institution.  The protection of the public should come first, not the offender's right to be free.

Didn't read any of your suppositions in the article.

As a supposed christian, you sure do lay blame, make assumptions and accusations.

41 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's been happening on a daily basis in Vancouver.

I am from Vancouver. Downtown East Hastings was a crap hole of a place when I was growing up many decades ago. It is just  a bigger hole now. Allowing camping out in Stanley Park only invites the right people doing the right things? LOL

Crime, stabbings, shootings etc happen all over and has been going on forever. Some by repeat offenders, some by new offenders, some by pissed off people.

It's all the governments fault? LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

Just now, ExFlyer said:

I am from Vancouver. Downtown East Hastings was a crap hole of a place when I was growing up many decades ago. It is just  a bigger hole now.

Crime, stabbings, shootings etc happen all over and has been going on forever. Some by repeat offenders, some by new offenders, some by pissed off people.

It's all the governments fault? LOL

It's up to governments to do something about it. They aren't. In fact they have been making things worse. That quote I posted is from the Federal government's own overview of C-75.

https://justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/jsp-sjp/c75/p3.html

30 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's up to governments to do something about it. They aren't. In fact they have been making things worse. That quote I posted is from the Federal government's own overview of C-75.

https://justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/jsp-sjp/c75/p3.html

The government makes the laws.

Police enforce the laws (if not defunded)

People commit the crimes.

Yes, the overview is what is in the Bill. What is the problem with the Bill? It is what the people wanted.

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The government makes the laws.

Police enforce the laws (if not defunded)

People commit the crimes.

Yes, the overview is what is in the Bill. What is the problem with the Bill? It is what the people wanted.

Read the quote from the bill. It doesn't matter what the police do if the courts put violent offenders right back on the street. Why do you say it is what the people wanted? Since when did the people have a say in how the justice system operates? 

I think this will be a real issue in the next election.

Edited by Aristides

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I would have hoped this sort of cheapness beneath you.

Why should Christians not want law and order?

It normally is but, when a person preaches, they need act upon it too.

His/Her post was not law and order, it was blaming something that is not in control of the situation.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

It normally is but, when a person preaches, they need act upon it too.

His/Her post was not law and order, it was blaming something that is not in control of the situation.

You think releasing offenders back into public is a good idea?

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Read the quote from the bill. It doesn't matter what the police do if the courts put violent offenders right back on the street. Why do you say it is what the people wanted? Since when did the people have a say in how the justice system operates?

I think this will be a real issue in the next election.

I read the quote. It has long been an issue of keeping people incarcerated too long. Activists and others have demand they be released and rehabilitated in the community. Parole was deemed more punishment. So, they are released. The"people" are organizations and activists that have lobbyed the governments and won.

My comment to the OP was that the article did not identify who the attacker was so they cannot and should not make assumptions they cannot support.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You think releasing offenders back into public is a good idea?

Nope but I did not lobby the government to lessen imprisonment and rehabilitate in the community.

Having said that, my initial comment was to question the assumption is was a released criminal when there was no report of that in the article.

A man was just released today after assaulting a woman on Sept. 27 with a pipe, even though he has 30 convictions including many assault convictions.  Incredible.  This is an almost daily occurrence.  When will the government and legal system act to protect the citizens?  I would not feel safe in Vancouver or many other cities.

Edited by blackbird

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

A man was just released today after assaulting a woman on Sept. 27 with a pipe, even though he has 30 convictions including many assault convictions.  Incredible.  This is an almost daily occurrence.  When will the government and legal system act to protect the citizens?  I would not feel safe in Vancouver or many other cities.

Cite? That was not in the article you linked.

Pay for more police. Do not hamper the police. Don't allow encampments.