Statistics Canada - Gender

August1991

Other than being a website that is difficult/impossible to use for finding/showing basic data, Statistics Canada (or Soviet-style, StatsCan, as it prefers to be known), I was surprised to see this:

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/dp-pd/dv-vd/pyramid/index-en.htm

"Given that the non-binary population is small, data aggregation is necessary to protect the confidentiality of responses provided." WTF?

These bureaucrats have jumped the shark.

When looking for economic data about Canada, I go to the US Fed's St Louis website. The data likely comes from "StatsCan" but it's easier to find/show. 

Let me make this plain.

I have no problem with a statistical agency collecting data with a check question such as:

-Female

-Male

-In Transition

-None of your Business

But I reckon it's a misuse of my tax dollars to have a bureaucrat (more likely bureaucrats) discuss how to word such phrases as "non-binary population is small".

We hire bureaucrats to do a job. Do it.

Oh FFS I didn't work for the last Census because I saw so much whining over a short form census by Jed Clampett and sovereign person types about their privacy, they'd have to pay me $65 an hour or more.

It's a census, it figures out how much funding and infrastructure planning is needed in your country, province, city or rural district. Just STFU and fill it out. Online - in like 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 9/14/2022 at 10:40 PM, herbie said:

Oh FFS I didn't work for the last Census because I saw so much whining over a short form census....

Several years ago, people like Mulroney/Butts/Trudeau/Chretien wondered how to give you money in a make work project - create jobs.

Now, they wonder how to make you work for them.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:40 PM, herbie said:

It's a census, it figures out how much funding and infrastructure planning is needed in your country, province, city or rural district.

IOW, my answers to a census form matter more than my vote in an election.

Fergawdsakes, think of the potential.

====

If I vote in an election, my marginal vote changes nothing.

But if I complete a federal census form, the Quebec government receives about $1500 from other Canadians. 

Edited by August1991
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...