Darwin Strikes Again....

23 minutes ago, Boges said:

That would indicate you do have a shred of evidence, which you don;t. 

You just don't get it. I'm not here to change you or even argue with you. I say my bit...you say yours. Wonderful.

Except Russia is the invading force here. They're the ones being encircled by a domestic force. 

They're the one using poorly trained conscripts to guard their flanks. They're the ones that tried to gobble up territory as fast as possible only to relinquish it soon after. 

These two have been fighting since the early Middle-Ages and people expect me to pick sides in what amounts to a civil war in the former Soviet Union. Once NATO decided this was their fight due to all the....wait for it...germ labs and other skullduggery they've been involved in with Ukraine, I said screw all of them. There are no good guys...so kill each other.

As for your battlefield assessments...we know what we are told by one side and nothing much more. You speak with certainty about war and I know that's impossible.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

If the US is truly energy independent why did Biden ask the Saudis for more oil?

Biden is on the hunt for higher oil production on his trip to Saudi Arabia. The odds are steep. (nbcnews.com)

Because oil is a commodity.  It’s price is set globally, so when Saudi production increases, global prices decrease.  

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

That dinosaur happens to work well and all the infrastructure is in place.

EV and the insane rush to Green power is premature and hence...destructive to the economy.

It's INVESTMENT in a future with LESS GLOBAL WARMING.

You do know there is a huge cost for GLOBAL WARMING, don't you?

Extreme storms and drought are VERY EXPENSIVE.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

These two have been fighting since the early Middle-Ages and people expect me to pick sides in what amounts to a civil war in the former Soviet Union. Once NATO decided this was their fight due to all the....wait for it...germ labs and other skullduggery they've been involved in with Ukraine, I said screw all of them. There are no good guys...so kill each other.

You're free to decide the the brutal autocrat is correct here. 

As for your battlefield assessments...we know what we are told by one side and nothing much more. You speak with certainty about war and I know that's impossible.

So what narrative are you going with? 300,000 conscripts is a lot for an army doing well to achieve their objectives. 

39 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Because these aren't tangible things, they aren't seen as costs. 

It's easy to put your head in the sand and say that Climate always changes. 

But in reality, most of the developed world concedes it's something to be dealt with. Even PP will have to concede something has to be done about Climate Change if he hopes of getting elected. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Boges said:

You're free to decide the the brutal autocrat is correct here. 

So what narrative are you going with? 300,000 conscripts is a lot for an army doing well to achieve their objectives. 

Wonderful...I'll continue to do as I please.

You are what is called an armchair general parroting the MSM religiously without a clue as to what's actually going on...or not going on.

So, let me know when the Ukraine takes Moscow. Should be any day by your reckoning, correct?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

You just don't get it. I'm not here to change you or even argue with you. I say my bit...you say yours. Wonderful.

Ukraine has not fired one single bullet into Russian territory, Ivan. So don’t give us the “It’s both sides fault” apologism. You’re obviously a Russia shill bot account. What’s your real name. Ivan?

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

Ukraine has not fired one single bullet into Russian territory, Ivan. So don’t give us the “It’s both sides fault” apologism. You’re obviously a Russia shill bot account. What’s your real name. Ivan?

What's YOUR real name?

Wait...let me guess.

SALLY?

LAURA?

18 hours ago, robosmith said:

Oh that's just so much BS.

"OH look! A storm! GLOBAL WARMING! AHHH...WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE"

Get a grip on yourselves. This BS is trashing economies and nothing we have at our disposal today can come close to satisfying our energy needs right now.

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Get a grip on yourselves. This BS is trashing economies and nothing we have at our disposal today can come close to satisfying our energy needs right now.

Denmark gets half of its electricity from wind. A full 50%, nationwide.  

But, however we get our power, it takes government investment. The Federal government spent very heavily on hydroelectric dams, nuclear energy, and of course the military conflicts which kept our supply of petroleum available.  It would be so beautiful if Europe produced its own energy and left Putin with no source of revenue to finance his war. America would not have gone to war against Iraq twice if it weren’t for oil.  

Edited by Rebound

57 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm thrilled that an opinion like this is not prevailing amongst those in charge of most developed nations. 

Your opinion is that of a fringe outlier. 

I can guarantee that PP won't get elected with some sort of feasable Climate Change policy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Denmark gets half of its electricity from wind. A full 50%, nationwide.  

But, however we get our power, it takes government investment. The Federal government spent very heavily on hydroelectric dams, nuclear energy, and of course the military conflicts which kept our supply of petroleum available.  It would be so beautiful if Europe produced its own energy and left Putin with no source of revenue to finance his war. America would not have gone to war against Iraq twice if it weren’t for oil.  

OK and...so f'ing what?

42 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'm thrilled that an opinion like this is not prevailing amongst those in charge of most developed nations. 

Your opinion is that of a fringe outlier. 

I can guarantee that PP won't get elected with some sort of feasable Climate Change policy. 

You can "guarantee" that...can you...

Here's a climate change policy...OPEN THE GAWD DAMN TAPS SO WE CAN ALLEVIATE THIS INFLATION SOME!

Nothing Canada does will amount to squat globally.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What Denmark does or doesn't do, has no bearing on the US situation. But nice try...

Why? Does technology work differently in Europe? We have wind, don’t we? 

Nearly 10% of America’s electricity comes from wind power already. Wind power surpassed hydroelectric power in 2019. If it can produce ten percent, it can produce 20 or 30%, which will serve us just fine for a long time. 

Edited by Rebound

6 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Why? Does technology work differently in Europe? We have wind, don’t we? 

Nearly 10% of America’s electricity comes from wind power already. Wind power surpassed hydroelectric power in 2019. If it can produce ten percent, it can produce 20 or 30%, which will serve us just fine for a long time. 

OH GOODY!!!

20% to 30%! So...less rolling blackouts in Californication?

Get a grip on yourself...

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OH GOODY!!!

20% to 30%! So...less rolling blackouts in Californication?

Get a grip on yourself...

Easily.  
California has one or two blackout events a year during peak heat season. There’s no question that an additional 20 or 30% capacity would eliminate that problem.  And wind power is extremely granular. Individual windmills can be shut down on command, so production can be very finely tuned to consumption, which creates huge challenges with other forms of production. 

If you ever see a field of windmills and only 20% are turning, it’s because the operators are generating only what they need to consume.  As you probably don’t know, all power placed on the grid must be consumed by something. The grid cannot store power. 

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

You can "guarantee" that...can you...

Here's a climate change policy...OPEN THE GAWD DAMN TAPS SO WE CAN ALLEVIATE THIS INFLATION SOME!

Nothing Canada does will amount to squat globally.

Canada's Natural Resources don't amount to only Fossil Fuels. Growth will be found elsewhere. 

Oh I forgot Mining for Lithium is the Devil. Unless it creates batteries for your phone.