Mayor of Peterborough...

Boges

33 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You guys have been famous for being easily triggered and blaming progressives for provoking negative public reactions for decades.

Listening to you people sniffle about political decorum is hilarious.

Yawn... I still don't know what a Qanon is, nor do I intend to go find out. I'm not impressed by the US wannabees who think we should import US problems to this country.

As for calling for civility in politics, it's almost as bad as asking for you people to step down the rhetoric about Russia and the Ukraine. You're either with us, or your agin us.

I ain't with shit, fella. ;)

Edited by OftenWrong

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yawn... I still don't know what a Qanon is, nor do I intend to go find out. I'm not impressed by the US wannabees who think we should import US problems to this country.

Well don't look now but Karl Rove's politics has been with us since at least the time Canadian conservatives were with Bush and how he won. You'll never know where you are if you don't know where you started from.

As for calling for civility in politics, it's almost as bad as asking for you people to step down the rhetoric about Russia and the Ukraine. You're either with us, or your agin us.

What rhetoric? You mean rhetoric about things like fweedom and liburty being replaced with dictators like Trudeau?  I'm not with Trudeau but I'm even less with idiots who subscribe to a sort of conspiratorial nonsense that quite frankly is only one-step removed from the grip qanon has on it's subscribers. 

I ain't with shit, fella. ;)

And Shinola certainly ain't yer middle name.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, eyeball said:

Well don't look now but Karl Rove's politics has been with us since at least the time Canadian conservatives were with Bush and how he won. You'll never know where you are if you don't know where you started from.

What rhetoric? You mean rhetoric about things like fweedom and liburty being replaced with dictators like Trudeau?  I'm not with Trudeau but I'm even less with idiots who subscribe to a sort of conspiratorial nonsense that quite frankly is only one-step removed from the grip qanon has on it's subscribers. 

And Shinola certainly ain't yer middle name.

The super-elite who actually run things are the enemy of democracy, and that goes for both the left and right.

They are doing a pretty good job, judging by the way they keep you people mesmerized and at each other’s throats.

Therefore you’re being duped into pointing your fingers at me saying, “bad man, bad man!”

But no problem, you people carry on...

all the way down to hell

59 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You don't need to be an expert to see why the right wingers are so open to and intrigued by q-anon.

The thing is when you find out that they include Bill Gates and some other billionaires, sometimes even Elon musk, as part of the left... Hahaha.. you realize you're dealing with budding marxists here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The thing is when you find out that they include Bill Gates and some other billionaires, sometimes even Elon musk, as part of the left... Hahaha.. you realize you're dealing with budding marxists here.

When you eschew nationalism you can't  help but wonder if you're dealing with aliens. Throw in politics and the aliens might as well be from another dimension.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The super-elite who actually run things are the enemy of democracy, and that goes for both the left and right.

zzz...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

When you eschew nationalism you can't  help but wonder if you're dealing with aliens. Throw in politics and the aliens might as well be from another dimension.

Sure, but even the idea of nationalism isn't as intrinsic to human empathy as people think.

If people were a little less arrogant about their own abilities, they might be open to learning a bit.  

The qanon stuff is a toxic brew for people who are being used for their ignorance, I guess.  My best guess is that they will continue to be marginalized...