Liberal Party and Online Censorship

18 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I think west has some good points,  The government is going to tell these content producers what is acceptable and what is not, which is censorship... Not that we really had freedom of speech anyways in pure form, everything we say has consequences, some of them involve going to court... but there are more restrictions being placed on it all the time...  

It has come down to , 2 guys having some beers, and shooting the shit, but that conversation may or could be overheard and even though it was a private conversation it can still take you to court... or a confrontation with another person...or fired from a job...

And while the government is restricting freedom of speech for me and you , who is monitoring them , This government has produced it's own false news meant to mislead Canadians, look at gun control , and statements made by Justin, christen, and my favorite Bill Blair telling out right lies to drive home their points, and sell their products...there are lots of examples, SNC scandal, WE scandal, you get the point...

again, the facts you are invoking are grounds for revolutionary war against Canada in Enlightenment terms

if Canada is going to try to impose a Stamp Act, the likely outcome seems to be War of Independence

it's plausible that the monarchy may not actually survive under these conditions

Edited by Dougie93

can you imagine a fop like Justin Trudeau as tyrant

with a fop like Prince Charles as King ?

I don't think that's going last

the utterly pathetic state of the Canadian state is the stuff republics are made of

Queen Elizabeth II is the only thing binding Canada together

I don't think the heir has the authority to keep it going

Edited by Dougie93

19 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Calling for censorship??

Classic case of misreading the article and intention LOL

"Social media needs to be held accountable for Russian propaganda, Mélanie Joly says"   and  "“They’re not technological companies, they’re content producers. And they have a responsibility and they have to step up to the plate.” and she is correct.

Social media is not publishing news, it just regurgitates whatever anyone wants to say, unchecked and unvalidated.

The LPOC's/CBC's version of 'propaganda & disinformation' is 'anything that Trudeau doesn't like'.

If you want to find out that Canadian protesters who surrendered peacefully to the police were held down and beaten by cops you have to watch foreign media or find it online. It's neither propaganda nor disinformation, it's just verboten in Canada. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

1. most people I know keep their heads down, so they don't lose their jobs, or have their bank accounts seized

2. people tell me to my face that they are afraid and that Canada has become a totalitarian regime

3. so that's not a free country to me

1. Nobody has had their bank account seized from criticizing the government.  You are hurting democracy by perpetuating myths and lies about it.

2. Well they are wrong and uninformed.  Democracy depends on people spreading good information and so you are a democratic failure for not correcting them.

3. People believe ridiculous things and are afraid as a result, and you help cause that condition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Nobody has had their bank account seized from criticizing the government.  You are hurting democracy by perpetuating myths and lies about it.

2. Well they are wrong and uninformed.  Democracy depends on people spreading good information and so you are a democratic failure for not correcting them.

3. People believe ridiculous things and are afraid as a result, and you help cause that condition.

I simply express my views of it, as I am supposedly free to do / shrugs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I thought you said we weren't free ?  WTH ? ?

I don't think Canada is a free country anymore

freedom is however that liberty which one takes for himself

so I simply do as I see fit and defy Canada to try to stop me

I'm not easy to intimidate, I grew up in Regent Park, bro

ahwoolay

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Can we just say that you disagree with the policy without tossing democracy under the bus ?  

no, because the entire democratic process in Canada is a sham

the political elites are ignoring the legislatures, appointing dictators instead

they are ignoring their own Charter of Rights & Freedoms

and they are violently attacking peaceful protestors in the streets

so this is a criminal government run amok now

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

1. I don't think Canada is a free country anymore

2. freedom is however that liberty which one takes for himself

3. so I simply do as I see fit and defy Canada to try to stop me 

1. 2. 3. Wow.  What a somersault.  Canada isn't free, however I can make my own freedom and I do as I see fit and am free.  Pure gymnastics.  God forbid you might have to admit you overstated something...

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. 2. 3. Wow.  What a somersault.  Canada isn't free, however I can make my own freedom and I do as I see fit and am free.  Pure gymnastics.  God forbid you might have to admit you overstated something...

it's quite simple

Canada is not a free country anymore

and thus I am forced to be a dissident against this criminal government

if Canada was free, I would not be forced to resist the tyranny we are facing now

I've lived here for fifty years, I know what Canada was like when it was free, and this ain't that anymore now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bear in mind that I am a Burkean counterrevolutionary

I wasn't just a patriotic Canadian, I was Master Corporal Canada once

so I am not calling for the downfall of Canada

I am simply predicting it as the inevitable outcome

of the sort of banana republic governance we are seeing in Canada now

there will still be a country called "Canada" I assume

but it won't be Canada to me of course, now that it is being run like Venezuela North

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

no, because the entire democratic process in Canada is a sham

the political elites are ignoring the legislatures, appointing dictators instead

they are ignoring their own Charter of Rights & Freedoms

and they are violently attacking peaceful protestors in the streets

so this is a criminal government run amok now

What’s also scary is that there’s no higher political entity to which Canadians can appeal.  The Governor General doesn’t seem interested in her political role, or at least she’s been awol during the Emergencies Act and apparent compromising of our sovereignty to the WEF.  The UN helped our government put down protesters.  Biden is silent on Trudeau’s undemocratic behaviour.  Britain is too overwhelmed by domestic problems.  

38 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is not a free country anymore

and thus I am forced to be a dissident against this criminal government

if Canada was free, I would not be forced to resist the tyranny we are facing now

I've lived here for fifty years, I know what Canada was like when it was free, and this ain't that anymore now

If there are no consequences to you speaking freely, with regards to government sanction, then you are free.  There are no such consequences so you are free.

Merely calling yourself a 'dissident' and making claims that aren't founded in reality is like putting on a costume and telling us you have superpowers.  Stop play acting.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The LPOC's/CBC's version of 'propaganda & disinformation' is 'anything that Trudeau doesn't like'.

If you want to find out that Canadian protesters who surrendered peacefully to the police were held down and beaten by cops you have to watch foreign media or find it online. It's neither propaganda nor disinformation, it's just verboten in Canada. 

Gimme a break Dude (or dudette) LOL ?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

If there are no consequences to you speaking freely, with regards to government sanction, then you are free.  There are no such consequences so you are free.

Merely calling yourself a 'dissident' and making claims that aren't founded in reality is like putting on a costume and telling us you have superpowers.  Stop play acting.

you've basically said the same thing over & over, you just restate it in various ways

I don't find you to be convincing in the least

you make a mockery of my fundamental beliefs, and I heard you the first time, no need to repeat yourself ad nauseam

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

1. you've basically said the same thing over & over, you just restate it in various ways

2. you make a mockery of my fundamental beliefs, and I heard you the first time, no need to repeat yourself ad nauseam

1.Just like you have been saying "Canada is not free" and then disproving your statement by saying you can say whatever you want.
2. I don't have to respect your beliefs.  And 'belief' is a great word - because you aren't stating facts... just things you "think" and "believe".  None of us care if you have issues and phantoms that scare you or your friends.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1.Just like you have been saying "Canada is not free" and then disproving your statement by saying you can say whatever you want.
2. I don't have to respect your beliefs.  And 'belief' is a great word - because you aren't stating facts... just things you "think" and "believe".  None of us care if you have issues and phantoms that scare you or your friends.

belaboring the point, no comment

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What’s also scary is that there’s no higher political entity to which Canadians can appeal.  The Governor General doesn’t seem interested in her political role, or at least she’s been awol during the Emergencies Act and apparent compromising of our sovereignty to the WEF.  The UN helped our government put down protesters.  Biden is silent on Trudeau’s undemocratic behaviour.  Britain is too overwhelmed by domestic problems.  

all we really have to do is bide our time

this shambolic governance in Canada now is reaching the threshold of crisis

the tyranny being imposed is a sign of extreme weakness & imminent failure

the la la land of Post National Canada is blowing itself up without any intervention required

chaos is a ladder

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I thought you said we weren't free ?  WTH ? ?

We're not.

We are forced to take a vaccine with harmful side effects, that doesn't work, to stop us from getting a virus that won't harm 90% of us. If we don't do it we lose our jobs, get denied access to medical treatments, and are excluded from cultural events. 

People here are getting doxxed and having their bank accounts frozen for donating to a peaceful protest. Peaceful protesters have been jailed without bail for the crime of 'mischief'. 

Non-sycophant media members get assaulted by police if they get within normal media range of the PM, who flies his own hand-picked crew of media around the country on a jumbo jet to cover his campaign gloriousness, then he taxes our gas because apparently we shouldn't even be driving. 

This isn't a free country at all anymore and if you think it is, that's just another example of your utter devotion to princess glitterfarts. 

Edited by WestCanMan

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

We're not.

1. We are forced to take a vaccine with harmful side effects,
2. that doesn't work, to stop us from getting a virus
3. People here are getting doxxed and having their bank accounts frozen for donating to a peaceful protest.
4. Peaceful protesters have been jailed without bail for the crime of 'mischief'. 
5. Non-sycophant media members get assaulted by police if they get within normal media range of the PM

6. This isn't a free country at all anymore and

7. if you think it is, that's just another example of your utter devotion to princess glitterfarts. 

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Fake news

6. Fake news
7. I don't like Trudeau.  I despise having to defend him against retarded attacks that cheapen the democratic dialogue in Canada.  There are real problems getting no attention because rubes like you follow The Rebel instead of the National Post.  If you had some self-discipline you would have the patience to read and think instead of watching YouTube garbage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

We're not.

I don't even find many people who deny it anymore

the view that Canada has gone off the rails into a tyrannical regime is becoming mainstream now

like if you say so to your neighbors at the dog park, everybody just nods vigorously and agrees wholeheartly

and it's not exactly a hot bead of dissent & extremism at the dog park in the suburbs

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Fake news

6. Fake news
7. I don't like Trudeau.  I despise having to defend him against retarded attacks that cheapen the democratic dialogue in Canada.  There are real problems getting no attention because rubes like you follow The Rebel instead of the National Post.  If you had some self-discipline you would have the patience to read and think instead of watching YouTube garbage.

Real news.  You have blinders on.  The truth hurts, but it’s time to face reality.

You seem to think that these ideas are fringe.  Read David Sacks, a big tech insider.  He has a Podcast called, “How big tech is strangling your freedom.”

Edited by Zeitgeist