Do you believe in reincarnation?.

What happens to us after we die? This question has been in our minds for centuries. Many people believe that death is the end of everything and then there are many religions like Christianity who promote life after death promising heaven for good deeds or hell for bad deeds while also a few other religions with billions of followers promise or believe in reincarnation like Hinduism or Buddhism.  

This question became important to me recently after I lost a very close beloved member of my family. I studied a lot about afterlife and reincarnation and it is believed that reincarnation if true could occur within family. By that I mean if I have a daughter since my mother loved me most, she would likely reincarnate in my daughter's body. Tat is her soul reborn in my daughter so I am thinking about having a daughter. Is this true? Any comments on reincarnation?

16 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What happens to us after we die? This question has been in our minds for centuries. Many people believe that death is the end of everything and then there are many religions like Christianity who promote life after death promising heaven for good deeds or hell for bad deeds while also a few other religions with billions of followers promise or believe in reincarnation like Hinduism or Buddhism.  

This question became important to me recently after I lost a very close beloved member of my family. I studied a lot about afterlife and reincarnation and it is believed that reincarnation if true could occur within family. By that I mean if I have a daughter since my mother loved me most, she would likely reincarnate in my daughter's body. Tat is her soul reborn in my daughter so I am thinking about having a daughter. Is this true? Any comments on reincarnation?

What does the Bible say about reincarnation? The idea of reincarnation is never mentioned in the Bible, however, scripture does talk of being "born again" as a child of God through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible does not mention people having a second chance or coming back as someone or something different. God is very specific in His word that our body is mortal and our spirit will have eternal life either in heaven or hell. Learn more from our list of Bible verses on reincarnation and eternal life in the Bible below.    unquote

Is Reincarnation In The Bible? Scripture Truth about Life After Death (biblestudytools.com)

You might say, why should anyone believe the Bible?  Well, there are solid reasons:

Why should I believe the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

18 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

By that I mean if I have a daughter since my mother loved me most, she would likely reincarnate in my daughter's body. Tat is her soul reborn in my daughter so I am thinking about having a daughter. Is this true? Any comments on reincarnation?

I don't know if reincarnation is true or not, but I'd not have a child expecting it to be my mother's spirit.  What if mom, in her wisdom, decided to reincarnate elsewhere?  Also, would you abort male babies because they wouldn't be able to house your mother's spirit?  

Anyway, my understanding of reincarnation is that it happens immediately upon death, the spirit (or whatever) doesn't wait around for their new body.  

I understand you are grieving, but honestly the idea that you'd have a baby to get your mom back is a little creepy.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I don't know if reincarnation is true or not, but I'd not have a child expecting it to be my mother's spirit.  What if mom, in her wisdom, decided to reincarnate elsewhere?  Also, would you abort male babies because they wouldn't be able to house your mother's spirit?  

Anyway, my understanding of reincarnation is that it happens immediately upon death, the spirit (or whatever) doesn't wait around for their new body.  

I understand you are grieving, but honestly the idea that you'd have a baby to get your mom back is a little creepy.

In many reincarnation  studies I carried out it says reincarnation occurs within immediate family and it can happen immediate or up to 50 years after. For example the true story of a child who was born and remembered being a second world war pilot shot down by Japanese was 50 years after his death.

Not sure why you would think of abortion!!!!! No. Artificial inseminations pre-determines the gender of the child so no need for abortion.

I want to have my Mom back any possible way or life will not worth living for me.. My Mom's soul will be in a different body (a new baby reborn) that may be my daughter. Which part of that is creepy?

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So do you really believe that the kind forgiving powerful God would burn his sinful children in hell?

Quote   The Bible says that God created hell for Satan and the wicked angels who rebelled against Him, but there are people in hell also (Matthew 25:41). Both angelic beings and human beings are in hell for the same reason, sin (Romans 6:23).

Because God is completely righteous and morally perfect (Psalm 18:30), He always does what is right—there is no “darkness” in God, not the smallest speck of imperfection (1 John 1:5). God Himself is the standard for what is right, good, and moral. If it were not for God being the standard of moral perfection, created beings would have nothing to measure themselves against. In other words, if God is perfectly righteous, then anything that falls short of said perfection is sinful, and every human being who has ever lived, since Adam’s fall from grace, has committed sin (Romans 3:23). Because Adam sinned, the entire human race now has a sinful nature (Romans 5:12). But people do not go to hell because of Adam’s sin; they go to hell because of their own sin, which they freely choose (James 1:13–16).

Since God is eternal, immutable, and infinite, and all sins are fundamentally against God, God has decreed the just punishment for sin must also be eternal (Matthew 25:46). There is another aspect to consider, which is that God also created people to live eternally. So when someone commits a sin against another person, the offended person has also been eternally wronged.

God, therefore, has deemed all who commit sin will go to hell because they have failed to meet His righteous standard; they have broken His Law of moral perfection. If God did not send people to hell for breaking His laws, it could be said that God is not just (Psalm 7:11). A good analogy is a court of law with a judge and a lawbreaker. A just judge will always convict the person who has been found guilty. If that judge did not pursue justice for the crime, he would not be a just judge (Deuteronomy 32:4).

However, the good news is that God is also merciful. In His rich mercy, He made a way for sinners to avoid the punishment of hell by trusting in the atoning work of His Son, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:9). For Christians, the penalty of sin has been removed and placed upon Christ on the cross (1 Peter 2:24). Because of the sacrifice of Christ, God is still just—the sin is punished—yet He is also merciful to all who believe.  Unquote

Why does God send people to hell? | GotQuestions.org

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Artificial inseminations pre-determines the gender of the child so no need for abortion.

Didn't know that.

I want to have my Mom back any possible way .... in a different body ..... my daughter

That's what I find creepy. 

But let's imagine you have a daughter, which you assume is your mother reborn, but in reality it's not - either because mom went elsewhere or reincarnation isn't true.  If there is such a thing as reincarnation, people don't remember their previous lives, so how much would your daughter suffer under your expectation that she be your mother reborn?  People want to be seen for themselves, not the ghost of someone who's passed.

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Because God is completely righteous and morally perfect (Psalm 18:30), He always does what is right—there is no “darkness” in God,

Revenge, hate, punishment are all imperfections. The God of love and forgiveness as described in bible will not have those qualities.

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Didn't know that.

That's what I find creepy. 

But let's imagine you have a daughter, which you assume is your mother reborn, but in reality it's not - either because mom went elsewhere or reincarnation isn't true.  If there is such a thing as reincarnation, people don't remember their previous lives, so how much would your daughter suffer under your expectation that she be your mother reborn?  People want to be seen for themselves, not the ghost of someone who's passed.

There is nothing creepy about that. My Mom reborn in another girl's body a few thousand kilometers away is okay but if she chooses to be reborn in my family because she loved me most and lived with me then it is creepy? Why creepy?  

That is where you are wrong. Many children under 5 recall their previous lives. Many but they forget once past the age of 5.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

There is nothing creepy about that. My Mom reborn in another girl's body a few thousand kilometers away is okay but if she chooses to be reborn in my family because she loved me most and lived with me then it is creepy? Why creepy?  

That is where you are wrong. Many children under 5 recall their previous lives. Many but they forget once past the age of 5.

Well, I find it creepy that it's your DAUGHTER you want as your mother, not a different girl a few thousand kms away.

But you do you; never any point in discussion with people who are arguing from faith rather than rationality.

Edited by dialamah
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Well, I find it creepy that it's your DAUGHTER you want as your mother, not a different girl a few thousand kms away.

That is where you don't understand. Not as my mother but her soul in my daughter. For sure her genes will be there. In all daughters. Why having her genes are okay but having part of her soul will be creepy. I wonder if you realize the word Creepy is a very bad word you keep using ?.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Revenge, hate, punishment are all imperfections. The God of love and forgiveness as described in bible will not have those qualities.

I think heaven and hell is defined in reincarnation. Those with good deeds in life will be reborn in rich countries and in good families and those with bad deeds in poverty stricken families and countries with a life of hunger and sadness.

I'm quite certain the mythology surrounding reincarnation and especially the moral overtones is quite untrue.  Our mind, or soul as purported, is the product of our body so when that dies so to does our mind and that's the end of the story. If there is anything more to it then science will detect it or may already have. If there is any reason for hoping the bleakness can be dispelled it'll be found in something like a Conservancy Law where information like energy in a closed system (the universe for example) is preserved and changed but never destroyed.

I've lost family and close friends and faced the serious possibility of my own death and found solace in the idea that our capacity for awareness provides the universe with the means to appreciate itself - this sense has taken me to a point where I identify with the universe more than I do myself. I think if the universe experiences existence in the personal way we do it's probably just as perplexed at the mystery of it all. 

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The Bible says God is a God of love and forgiveness.  But if you forgive someone, does it not require some sort of admission of guilt, repentance, sorrow, and a desire to be forgiven?  Or do you think people like Hitler, Stalin, Putin, and all other sinners should just automatically be forgiven for their crimes and sinful life?  The Bible teaches that we (mankind) cannot atone or pay for our sins ourselves.  The only atonement the Bible says that God accepts is the death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  That is why he came to earth and was crucified on the cross.  Without atonement there is no basis for forgiveness. The book of Hebrews in the Bible tells about that.  That is why God only accepts someone who has trusted in Jesus Christ as his atonement for his sin.  God forgives that person on account of Jesus' shed blood.  There is no other atonement or grounds for forgiveness.  That is what makes God a just God.  That is the basis for forgiveness.  Forgiveness is not something that is just thrown out for no reason.  

Edited by blackbird

26 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Bible says God is a God of love and forgiveness.  But if you forgive someone, does it not require some sort of admission of guilt, repentance, sorrow, and a desire to be forgiven?  Or do you think people like Hitler, Stalin, Putin, and all other sinners should just automatically be forgiven for their crimes and sinful life?  The Bible teaches that we (mankind) cannot atone or pay for our sins ourselves.  The only atonement the Bible says that God accepts is the death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  That is why he came to earth and was crucified on the cross.  Without atonement there is no basis for forgiveness. The book of Hebrews in the Bible tells about that.  That is why God only accepts someone who has trusted in Jesus Christ as his atonement for his sin.  God forgives that person on account of Jesus' shed blood.  There is no other atonement or grounds for forgiveness.  That is what makes God a just God.  That is the basis for forgiveness.  Forgiveness is not something that is just thrown out for no reason.  

There are so many religions in the world. Their followers believe their religion in the only true one and you go to heaven ONLY if you believe in their religion and if not you go to hell. Muslims believe as strongly as yours that only believing in their way would open the door of heaven. So obviously people like Hitler, Stalin. Khomeini and Putin have to be severely punished for mass killings but here most religions don't speak of very evil ones to go to hell but anyone who refuses to believe in their faith or even  deviated in a small way. That is many billions because they refused to believe in something they could not physically seen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There are so many religions in the world. Their followers believe their religion in the only true one and you go to heaven ONLY if you believe in their religion and if not you go to hell. Muslims believe as strongly as yours that only believing in their way would open the door of heaven. So obviously people like Hitler, Stalin. Khomeini and Putin have to be severely punished for mass killings but here most religions don't speak of very evil ones to go to hell but anyone who refuses to believe in their faith or even  deviated in a small way. That is many billions because they refused to believe in something they could not physically seen.

This is straight up politics not religion - driven by morality and even less mundane things like economics and tribalism/nationalism etc. 

25 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There is a lot more evidence and much stronger evidence about reincarnation (from unbiased, evidence based interviews with those reincarnated and evidence based research) than existence of heaven and hell or that Christ being son of the God or his resurrection. 

Not a shred of it is replicable though. Faith and hope is all we have which is fine so long as it strives to remain rooted in the actual physical reality that we can touch, measure and quantify. Anything outside of that goes in circles.  Not only is the path to enlightenment painful it also goes in the direction of time which is ahead of us.  Science follows the same path too which is why I place more faith in it than religion or politics, especially these days. LOL!

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Faith and hope is all we have which is fine so long as it strives to remain rooted in the actual physical reality that we can touch, measure and quantify.

This is where you greatly err.  You are obviously a materialist.  You reject things you cannot see, touch, measure, quantify.  That is a tragic error.  Faith and hope do not fit into that definition.  So you cannot have faith or hope if you reject things outside your definition.  You reject the supernatural realm which is a fact and a reality.  God is a fact and reality.  The Bible says the fool rejects God.  The universe and earth did not create itself and required an intelligent designer.  The Bible tells us God created everything in six days and rested on the seventh day.  We accept this on faith even though we do not know how.  Since the Bible describes God as omnipotent and omniscient, we understand he is capable of creating the material universe out of nothing, which is exactly what he did.  Therefore to try to pin down spiritual truth and say it must fit into your arbitrary mold of touch and measuring is a serious and foolish mistake.  The supernatural and spiritual matters will never fit into your little man-made assumptions or mold.  You cannot draw any rules or boundaries around God.  He is infinite in power, knowledge and you are a mere created being, a speck of dust so to speak.

Creation Science with Philip Stott | Trailer - Bing video

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

That is a tragic error.  You are obviously a materialist

For me it's the opposite, I feel sad for people who accept things they cannot see, touch, measure or quantify. It's a dangerous and even deadly error too when considering how vulnerable people can become when they're in that state.  Eschewing science-based medical treatment in lieu of prayer for example.  I've lost a few friends to that and seen their families suffer the result.

Yes I am a materialist. I'm just not convinced we've uncovered all the material that's out there or may yet come into creation.  I have faith in science and hope in what there is to still discover.  I'm open ended and spiritualists are locked in.

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

For me it's the opposite, I feel sad for people who accept things they cannot see, touch, measure or quantify. It's a dangerous and even deadly error too when considering how vulnerable people can become when they're in that state.  Eschewing science-based medical treatment in lieu of prayer for example.  I've lost a few friends to that and seen their families suffer the result.

Yes I am a materialist. I'm just not convinced we've uncovered all the material that's out there or may yet come into creation.  I have faith in science and hope in what there is to still discover.  I'm open ended and spiritualists are locked in.

I don't eschew science-based medical treatment.  God gave us science, medicines and medical professionals.  So believers can avail themselves of medical treatments and pray as well.  There is no contradiction.  I know there are some cultists who don't believe in medicine, vaccines, and science.

Materialism is a humanist world view which leads nowhere and will not help a person in eternity.  God created man with a soul and a spirit.  As the Bible says "it is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment".  That is why we need to be prepared now.  One's relationship with God is the most important issue.  We do not know when our life on this earth will end.

5 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There is a lot more evidence and much stronger evidence about reincarnation (from unbiased, evidence based interviews with those reincarnated and evidence based research) than existence of heaven and hell or that Christ being son of the God or his resurrection. 

The King James Bible, which is God's inspired revelation to mankind, is the only infallible rule of faith and guide in spiritual or supernatural matters and it says nothing at all about reincarnation.  That is an invention of eastern religion.

"27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."    Hebrews 9:27, 28 KJV

If there were such a thing as reincarnation, surely the Bible would have mentioned it.

Edited by blackbird