Gas prices.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:00 PM, cougar said:

The metric system is the way to go with everything.

And it has no bearing on gas prices as you suggest.

But people keep driving trucks they do not need and 4-wheelers they do not need and all kinds of gas powered gizmos they do not need.

Maybe their incomes went up 40% as well?

Dinosaur. LOL.

12 hours ago, Boges said:

And those people benefit greatly from a reduced price of Real Estate. 

There are fuel efficient options that don't involve Public Transportation. 

That is changing as well thanks to all you city dwellers, the average 350,000 home now goes for 450,/ 500 000 and thats if there is no bidding war. And thats this year alone, that is a huge increase for one year....most of the new residents are from Ontario, Quebec, and a few coming back home from out west, making up over 40 % of the new home buyers, local home buyers can not compete with the money flush new comers ... Now that may be just factors of covid , and once we get back to normal and people are forced back to work, that may change back to the way it use to be, but how many times has real estate crashed and lost that much value...but for now there is a shit ton of Ontario plates in NB and they are not traveling. where i work there are 10 new hirers 6 of them are from Ontario...all of them fed up or the city life , and high costs of living.

Sure is, like hitch hike, bum a drive, share a drive, bicycle, moto cycle, ski, balloon and my favorite shot out of a cannon, good for most parts of the year, except in a hurricane or winter storm...and if you don't have a large 4x4 you ain't getting to work...no work no pay, or you do have the option of taking a vacation day, last year we had 22 major winter storms, 10 of those we got more than 2 to 3 feet of snow... i only get 25 days vacation....out in the sticks if it ain't you are notliving on a highway your lucky to see a plow before 10 am, and it's 15 kms to the highway from my place, try driving that in a small fuel efficient car with studded winter tires ...some days i make more money pulling people out of the ditch than i could at work...you might say skidoo, great option , just can't drive it on any roads on the military base , MP's like handing out 172.50 tickets all day... kind of defeats the purpose of working if i'm giving most of it back to Justin and his crooks. 

But i will say Justins tax rebate does not come close to my fuel bill, Carbon taxes out here are a joke, alot of people depend on heating oil or LP for heat in their homes, Justin carbon taxes are driving those cost up as well, as well more people are converting back to wood heat, wood stoves, wood broilers, pellet stoves, which for the most part is even dirtier than than most fossil fuels in regards to releasing carbon....

8 hours ago, Boges said:

And rural folks wouldn't have a market for the stuff they produce without City Folk. 

Symbiotic relationship. 

I have no sympathy to people who refuse to adapt to the changing landscape regarding Fossil Fuels, and bitch about it. 

The entire developed world is moving towards using fossil fuels less. 

Thats rich, symbiotic relationship indeed, yes sir, it is until you get need to eat, or get your fuel for your car or electrical power that comes from those rural folks,  ...and they do all of that by fueling all the tools of the trade by ya you guess it fossil fuels. 

Until there is a fossil fuel replacement that is affordable, and mass produced...we are stuck with fossil fuels, you and Justin think your doing the planet a big favor by taxing the shit of of something, and doing nothing with the returns now that is something to bitch about... SO what we have no sympathy for is people that want this change right now, when there is no alternative in the wings...they want change regardless of what it is going to cost in jobs, damage to the economy, the cost of everything we need to sustain us. throw it all away on the hopes that someone is going to save us and the planet..

But farming, a lot of electrical power, how we move goods and services all comes from fossil fuels... and today or tomorrow that is not going to change, For us rural folks we have no choice, but to rely on fossil fuels...and will be for another 10 to 15 years...