The media is covering up the violence

Argus

I agree that these violent nutjobs are the modern day version of the Brownshirts.It should also be a giant red flag that Democrats are overwhelmingly not condemning Antifa/rioting,looting etc. That speaks volumes about the heart and soul of the current Democratic party. MSNBC,CNN and their kind are alternatively lapdogs for the Democrats and attack dogs towards the Republicans. The goal of the media should be only to tell the truth,not to push their own narrative.

I'm currently reading The Liberal Media Industrial Complex by Mark Dice. Very good so far.

• Like 1

If you want to see just how far the media will twist themselves into pretzels to not tell us anything about this which will go against their ultra progressive narrative, just have a look at this uh... 'report' from the Globe and Mail on the violence which took place yesterday in Toronto. Seven police were hurt as a mob attacked them for arresting a guy who jumped on a car. Nowhere in this report will you see any details of who this mob was made up of.

Here is the entirety of the report. It's a masterpiece of non-information. Notice it won't even say what the demonstration was about.

Toronto police say seven officers were injured — including four who were sent to hospital — during an incident at a demonstration in midtown. Police say two people were arrested, and charges are pending, though there’s no word yet what those charges will be. They say the incident began Saturday evening just before 8 p.m. when a person who wasn’t involved in the demonstration jumped onto a car. Police say officers intervened, and a second person jumped in and began fighting with them. They say a hostile crowd then surrounded the officers. Police spokesman Const. Edward Parks said the four officers taken to hospital were all treated for minor injuries and later released. Police noted this demonstration was unrelated to one earlier in the day that was organized by the social justice group Not Another Black Life.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/toronto/article-toronto-police-say-seven-officers-injured-in-midtown-altercation/

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

What does this mean?  overwhelmingly not?  It seems like campaign fodder to me.

The 'demonstrations' and 'protests' are for social justice and against racism. No Democrat is willing to condemn that, no matter how long they go on or how violent they get. They're afraid their party's own growing left wing will come after them and accuse them of siding with the 'racist police' over poor, earnest anti-racist protesters. This is why these protests have gone on so long. It's the same people in the streets night after night, week after week, month after month, because the police have been ordered to lay off and prosecutors refuse to prosecute.

But no matter how much the media tries to cover it up people are getting fed up with it and they're blaming the Democrats. This is liable to give Trump a second term if it doesn't quickly stop.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The Democrats and their media in general are starting to get scared as the polls narrow and are trying to organize a flip flop from backing the violence to trying to blame Trump and right as the instigators.

You know...these guys... 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

What's the evidence though?  We already established that the narrative is false.

Which narrative is that and when did you establish anything? I hope you're not referring to your previous link because not only doesn't it "establish" anything, it's rife with lies, half-truths and lack of context.

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Which narrative is that and when did you establish anything?  

You did: "The Democrats and their media in general are starting to get scared as the polls narrow and are trying to organize a flip flop "  If there's a flip flop happening, then it must mean that Biden did denounce violence.

Look, I'm not going to say anything nice about Biden but I'm also not going to admit the utter propaganda of his opponent as though it's something worth discussing.

The time has come for American politics (both sides) to come to terms with reality.  Whoever does it first may lose the election, or they may be rewarded for kt.

I'm still confused. You claim that at some time at some place you (or perhaps some mysterious somebody) established some narrative was false. I'm hoping this happened some place outside of your imagination but as of yet I have yet to see any evidence of it.

What you seem to be calling a narrative is this spreading opinion  as expressed at RedState.com:

Biden, like the rest of the Democratic Party, has been silent on the riots and looting up until recently, when they realized that the violence was working in Trump’s favor. It is only now that they have decided to speak out against the actions of Antifa and activists aligning themselves with the Black Lives Matter movement. “I want to be very clear about all of this — rioting is not protesting,” he asserted. 

https://www.redstate.com/jeffc/2020/08/31/joe-biden-riots-are-bad-but-orange-man-badder/

SaraaCarter.com puts in this way:

Trump is gaining ground in many key polls, which some suspect is the reason Biden’s made his way out into the public square since he spoke at the Democratic National Convention earlier this month. Pennsylvania is no exception to that as Biden plunges in the polls.

Flip-Flop: Biden Acknowledges ‘Most Cops Are Good,’ After Saying There’s ‘Absolutely’ A Systemic Racism Problem With LawEnforcement

If I'm correct that that's what you're thinking of as a narrative I'm not sure how you can believe you or your mysterious friend or friends could have proven that false. And you still haven't shown me where you believe you or they did it. 

We do know Biden's vice presidential nominee has been finding financial support for some of the most nefarious of these rioting, anarchist criminals who have been burning up democrat cities, so at least she has a lot of explaining to do if her party wants to be posturing as the party of law and order now.

Meet The Rioting Criminals Kamala Harris Helped Bail Out Of Jail

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The time has come for American politics (both sides) to come to terms with reality.  Whoever does it first may lose the election, or they may be rewarded for kt.

No it’s too late. The election is going to happen, and they have to make a binary choice with what is being presented. There is no third option.

7 hours ago, Argus said:

But no matter how much the media tries to cover it up people are getting fed up with it and they're blaming the Democrats. This is liable to give Trump a second term if it doesn't quickly stop.

I agree it has blown back in their faces. Heres to hoping the average joe bob is not that stupid as to agree these riots are ok and are some kind of permissible form of expression.

At least now, all the political deception and lies are on full display.

Or like my pappy used to say, politics aint about who you like. Its about who you hate less.

Antifa and their kind are largely responsible for the violence in these DEMOCRATIC run cities. I haven't heard any condemnation from the Democratic convention about all the looting and burning done by these radical crackpots that make up the ranks of Antifa. Nobody is against peaceful protests, it's a right. But it's gone way too far without penalties for those responsible.

11 hours ago, ironstone said:

Antifa and their kind are largely responsible for the violence in these DEMOCRATIC run cities. I haven't heard any condemnation from the Democratic convention about all the looting and burning done by these radical crackpots that make up the ranks of Antifa. Nobody is against peaceful protests, it's a right. But it's gone way too far without penalties for those responsible.

Certain elements of the democrat party have insinuated their support for violence, starting with president Obama's "Make your government feel uncomfortable". As long as its not his government, of course.

Obama fanned the flames of this violence and hate, that much is clear. Others in the more extreme wing, squad and so-called progressives, are cheerleading the show.

In Canadian media we are hearing excuses and apologetics for why people who are rioting and burning should be understood. Absolute bullshit stories excusing violent people with guns.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:34 PM, Infidel Dog said:

Biden's staff have been paying to bail out violent anarchists too:

Biden has held his tongue up until now, just recently finally stated the violence is not good. He kept his mouth shut while his former boss was cheering the riots on. A former president, no less. The Dems realized they have crossed the Rubicon on this position.

Edited by OftenWrong

It's certainly taken Biden long enough to condemn the violence although it sounded half hearted. As far as I'm aware, Biden hasn't mentioned Antifa or BLM who do play a role in the rioting.Kamala Harris doesn't seem concerned by the left wing violence at all.

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2020/09/02/why-wont-biden-condemn-antifa-or-blm-violence-n2575494

Here's an interesting link about an Antifa member.

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/09/02/police-antifa-member-curled-into-a-fetal-position-and-cried-when-they-arrested-him-with-a-flamethrower/

A flamethrower!  Jerry Nadler, this is no myth.

A quick check on CNN.com doesn't show anything about the Antifa member with the flamethrower when I typed Antifa in the search engine,mostly negative articles about Trump.

Maybe she's telling the gullibles she's concerned about violence now but back in June she was pushing to help violent rioters get bailed out.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kamala-harris-ripped-for-flip-flopping-on-rioters-after-she-asked-for-donations-to-bail-them-out-of-jail

Edited by Infidel Dog

When you actually care about stopping the violence when Democrat governors and mayors will do nothing to stop it (in fact some like the mayors of Seattle and Portland outright supported it) you do something like this:

WASHINGTON — President Trump is ordering the federal government to begin the process of defunding New York City and three other cities where officials allowed “lawless” protests and cut police budgets amid rising violent crime, The Post can exclusively reveal.

[clip]

The amounts of money impacted by Trump’s order could be massive. New York City, for example, gets about $7 billion a year in federal aid.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/trump-orders-review-to-defund-nyc-other-anarchist-cities/

image.gif

Edited by Infidel Dog

• 3 weeks later...