Stories the Mainstream Media Won't Tell You

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not sure what you refer to, since all parties buy advertising.

Really you didn't hear about Trudeau paying off the media with taxpayer money?

Must be another one of those stories the mainstream media won't tell you about.

No problem. I can help you out.

Here ya go.

How Trudeau bought the media

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Perhaps the hallucination you're talking at is bothered, but as for me? I think you're insane.

C'mon...are you seriously telling me you're hallucinating that you're a hallucination? I quoted you. I was talking to you.

And your little voice of the hallucinating hallucination is telling you it's insane to mock CNN is it? Oh well, enjoy your CNN, I guess. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I gave you a link to Trudeau paying off the media. Let's see what you're talking about. Give me one. 

I will give you three.  Please keep in mind that despite concerns, I am not against the funding of newspapers.  To me, information is a public utility and The National Post does a better job of covering important topics than the new online magazines.

1. "Postmedia is currently 66% owned by American media conglomerate Chatham Asset Management.[6]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmedia_Network

2. "Postmedia readership largest in Canada, both digitally and in print, new Vividata study shows"

Now that's from 2016, but I believe it's still true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/financialpost.com/news/postmedia-readership-largest-in-canada-both-digitally-and-in-print-new-vividata-study-shows/wcm/fe8e26eb-cf60-4d11-a0fe-61b915871fa6/amp/

3. "Postmedia received $10.8 million from the media bailout, $40.3 million from the CEWS, and $1 million from the Quebec government’s media subsidy program. Despite all of this additional funding, Postmedia closed 15 community newspapers, cut 70 jobs, and temporarily reduced salaries of employees making more than $60,000 per year in 2020. Postmedia reported a $52.8 million net profit in January."

From 2021.  Ignore CEWS, I believe that was a Covid benefit.

https://www.canadaland.com/media-in-trudeaus-10-million-top-up-fund/

Oh hang on, I get it...

You weren't saying some Canadian media gets money from right wing sources.

You were insinuating that because an American media conglomerate bought up 66% of the National Post there might be something wrong with them getting in on the bribe from Trudeau of Canadian taxpayer money.

Yeah, maybe, but that wasn't the point. 

The point was that because Trudeau stuff's dollars into Canadian MSM's G string (so to speak) you can't rely on any kind of integrity or even credibility from them. No matter who they are or where investors hang their hats.

BTW, the National Post has been swinging farther and farther to the left for some time now. To be honest though that started even before Prime Minister Moneybags was gifting any media willing to play ball. Come to think of it though...maybe that's how they got in Little Potato's black book.

13 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

1. You were insinuating that because an American media conglomerate bought up 66% of the National Post there might be something wrong with them getting in on the bribe from Trudeau of Canadian taxpayer money.

2. The point was that because Trudeau stuff's dollars into Canadian MSM's G string (so to speak) you can't rely on any kind of integrity or even credibility from them.  

3. BTW, the National Post has been swinging farther and farther to the left for some time now.  

1.  No.  I said this above "I am not against the funding of newspapers"
2.  "Rely" ... I have to say I agree with your use of this word.  You cannot 'rely' on their integrity or credibility especially as they get used to the government money. 
3.  I haven't heard anyone say that before.

11 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I know this, neither Rebel Media nor True North of the Canadian right gets media funding from the the Canadian left running government right now and before the left took over nobody in Canadian media did.

Right.  But who are they are where do they get their money ?  If a news source was running at a loss and funded by Green Energy without anyone knowing would that be ok ?

I do know this: they are practically anonymous, they are bad at journalism, if you call it that, and they don't have any qualms about printing mistakes.

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Hey, speaking of True North, the Canadian left's media bribes and stories the mainstream media won't tell you, True North had one last May like that:

Liberals sneak in amendment allowing media to double-dip into taxpayer funds

I was part way writing a post saying I was IMPRESSED with this story True North when I clicked through on the story and found it was from another source Blacklocks.  So you are lauding a story that they basically clipped from another source.  This doesn't surprise me as True North and PostMillennial (and to a lesser degree The Rebel) seem to signal-boost other sources as much as they engage in original investigations.

Now let's look at that source Blacklocks, who you lauded.  Here's the publisher's bio, Holly Doan.  She sounds downright MSM to me.

Holly is an award-winning journalist who joined the gallery in 1993. She reported for CBC and CTV in four provinces, was CTV Beijing Bureau Chief in 1995-8, and produced political history documentaries for CPAC.

So there you have it.  Online sources (like Blacklocks, Canadaland, The Line) may use real journalists, who are known, and they may be reputable. Or they may be anonymous and funded by disinfo agents.

My advise is to share the sources on here and see what MLW regulars think of them.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right.  But who are they are where do they get their money ?

Rebel Media, you mean? As far as I know they're funded by their subscribers and general user base which is how all media was funded at one time. Rebel is just innovative in how they do it is all. 

Maybe your crooked media might try that. Problem there would be the MSM subscriber and user base is shrinking while Rebel's is growing. I don't see how that becomes the Canadian taxpayer's problem though.

4 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah, don't care. It's still crooked and reeks of a news media bribe.

Which is why I don't like the term 'rely'.

TBH I would prefer the professional, conventional, independent, self-funded digital news agencies we are now seeing, which are neither government-funded nor are they bottom-feeding muckrakers...

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was part way writing a post saying I was IMPRESSED with this story True North when I clicked through on the story and found it was from another source Blacklocks.  So you are lauding a story that they basically clipped from another source. 

You need to read a little more news if you've never seen the MSM share sources.

But Blacklocks is interesting. You might not have heard of them because it's more the right wing that uses them. They also use a subscriber model, I believe. But they deal more in investigative journalism and there's a paygate. They're all the time discovering stuff you won't read about in the Canadian bribed media.

Edited by Infidel Dog

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

TBH I would prefer the professional, conventional, independent, self-funded digital news agencies we are now seeing, which are neither government-funded nor are they bottom-feeding muckrakers...

Yeah me too. Like Rebel, True North and Blacklocks.

• Like 1

I don't mind Canadaland either.

It's kind of amusing when they obsess over their competition at places like Rebel though. It's understandable. The subscriber user base in Canada is limited.

Sometimes when they go after the media of the right if feels like they're pulling their allegations out their butt, but that may just be me, over here on the right who thinks that.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Here's one:

Trudeau’s deputy PM participated in protest featuring pro-Nazi banners and flags | The Post Millennial

The picture comes after only weeks ago, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the media were quick to label the trucker Freedom Convoy "Nazis." Trudeau even accused a Jewish Conservative MP of standing with "people who wave swastikas."

The picture comes after only weeks ago, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the media were quick to label the trucker Freedom Convoy "Nazis." Trudeau even accused a Jewish Conservative MP of standing with "people who wave swastikas."

Footage from the event reveals that many flags featuring the Bandera colours were being flown:

Seems like she figured out quite quickly that the flags she posted pics of herself standing with - yes actually standing with the flag -m were not a good idea and deleted the pic and then reposted the same pic but without the flag.

• Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

Here's one:

Trudeau’s deputy PM participated in protest featuring pro-Nazi banners and flags | The Post Millennial

Seems like she figured out quite quickly that the flags she posted pics of herself standing with - yes actually standing with the flag -m were not a good idea and deleted the pic and then reposted the same pic but without the flag.

I noticed as well...the Azov Brigade's colours. 

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You'd think she'd know better - given that her grandfather was a Ukrainian Nazi.

I doubt she's that ignorant of the goings-on in Ukraine. She has been shaking their hands for years.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I doubt she's that ignorant of the goings-on in Ukraine. She has been shaking their hands for years.

Well, at least all the ones claiming that the truckers were Nazis because of a flag at the rally, will be quick to also call Freeland a Nazi, given that she not only was at a rally with tons of the flags, but actually posed holding one.

Right?? ?

• Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

Well, at least all the ones claiming that the truckers were Nazis because of a flag at the rally, will be quick to also call Freeland a Nazi, given that she not only was at a rally with tons of the flags, but actually posed holding one.

Right?? ?

Right...lol.

:lol: