Rayshard Brooks Killed By Police In Atlanta. Free TVs For Everyone..

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

Imagine how different things would have turned out if the cops impounded his car and offered to drive him home. 

So all the decades work of ensuring drunk drivers are charged is thrown out the door whenever the drunk is black? What kind of hand-wringing liberal guilt trip are you on?

2 hours ago, Boges said:

If they think their responsibilities are too great then defund the police. Let's have more qualified people hired to deal with the mentally ill. 

Suuuure. A violent crazy guy with a knife can be handled much better by a social worker. I'm sure they'll all volunteer for that job!

Keeping things in perspective and showing why cops are inclined to shoot first:

LAS VEGAS -- A police officer who was shot in the head during a Las Vegas Strip protest of the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis is paralyzed from the neck down, on a ventilator and unable to speak, his family said in a statement released by police.

Officer Shay Mikalonis, 29, was shot June 1 during protests over the death of Floyd at the hands of police. The family statement released on twitter by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Saturday said he is expected to stay on the ventilator. He has been tentatively accepted at a spine rehabilitation center.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-officer-shot-las-vegas-protest-paralyzed-71246536?cid=social_twitter_abcn

Interesting that we hear about Rayshard Brooks before we hear about officer Mikalonis.

Edited by Infidel Dog

32 minutes ago, Shady said:

I tend to agree.  Especially if there’s more than one officer present.  If it’s a lone officer, shooting is justified.  If an officer allows themselves to be taser, therefore rendered incapacitated, there life is in danger.  However, if more than one officer is present, than that isn’t the case.  However, let’s be honest.  If this was a white individual, it wouldn’t have made it on the news, and nobody would even know about it.

That the Tazer had two charges, which I've since read elsewhere, kind of changes my mind somewhat on this. As does the suggestion that one of those darts hitting you in the eye could blind you.  Police are trained to never aim at the face, but this guy had no such guidelines.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Suuuure. A violent crazy guy with a knife can be handled much better by a social worker. I'm sure they'll all volunteer for that job!

Then cops shouldn't complain their ill-equipped with dealing with mental health issues. 

Perhaps more money should be focused on mental health so they don't get to the point where they're a risk to the public that police have to end up putting down. 

Whenever a white guy shoots up a school or a concert or a church it's always labelled as a mental health issue. 

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

That the Tazer had two charges, which I've since read elsewhere, kind of changes my mind somewhat on this. As does the suggestion that one of those darts hitting you in the eye could blind you.  Police are trained to never aim at the face, but this guy had no such guidelines.

He also was running and not really aiming. 

Cops always say how hard it is to hit extremities. Always shoot centre mass because hitting the head or the legs is very hard. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

Then cops shouldn't complain their ill-equipped with dealing with mental health issues. 

Police are equipped to shoot them if they get attacked.

IMHO and I've said this for years, the proper thing to do is to greatly enhance police training so that, like Japan, they all have black belts in Judo or something similar, and can take down people with knives without shooting them. But that costs money.

Just now, Boges said:

Perhaps more money should be focused on mental health so they don't get to the point where they're a risk to the public that police have to end up putting down. 

Yes, but it won't be. Especially given the massive budget shortfalls every state and province is now operating under.

Just now, Boges said:

Whenever a white guy shoots up a school or a concert or a church it's always labelled as a mental health issue. 

And nobody cares when the police deal with him by blowing him away.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Police are equipped to shoot them if they get attacked.

IMHO and I've said this for years, the proper thing to do is to greatly enhance police training so that, like Japan, they all have black belts in Judo or something similar, and can take down people with knives without shooting them. But that costs money.

Watch this interview from Bill Maher on Friday. 

He contends that you can probably hire better cops if you reduce the number and only focus on violent crime. 

That means decriminalizing drugs and not having cops deal with traffic issues. 

Yes, but it won't be. Especially given the massive budget shortfalls every state and province is now operating under.

It seems that police budgets are always increasing. It's the one public service that Conservatives like paying for. 

And nobody cares when the police deal with him by blowing him away.

Nor should they. It's just that if mental health is such an issue, maybe more of the public health dollars should be focused there instead of kitting out a paramilitary service with tanks. 

Here's a detail we either missed or hasn't been mentioned in the Brooks case.

There were 2 officers. Which one had his taser stolen and which one shot. Why are we assuming we know the officer who shot knew it was a taser that was pointed at him? Running at night...in the heat of the moment.

Edit: OK, pardon me...just reviewed the bodycam footage. One officer does cry out "He's got the fuckin' taser." Still...

Edited by Infidel Dog

Just now, Boges said:

He contends that you can probably hire better cops if you reduce the number and only focus on violent crime. 

So just ignore burglaries and robberies, is that the idea? No policing of shoplifters or car theft? No police intervention against vandalism, graffiti, hate crimes?

Just now, Boges said:

That means decriminalizing drugs and not having cops deal with traffic issues. 

Back when Reagan was President the congressional black congress went to him begging for heavy new penalties for crack dealers and users because it was destroying black communities. They got it.

Do you have some other way to deal with an epidemic of hard drugs like crack and heroin, not to mention fentanyl and other opioids? when it's all legal? They've been trying the softly softly approach in BC for decades now and achieved nothing whatsoever but a huge death toll.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

So just ignore burglaries and robberies, is that the idea? No policing of shoplifters or car theft? No police intervention against vandalism, graffiti, hate crimes?

Do you think that's a majority of what a cop does? Or handing out tickets to people going 20 kms/h over? 

Do you have some other way to deal with an epidemic of hard drugs like crack and heroin, not to mention fentanyl and other opioids? when it's all legal? They've been trying the softly softly approach in BC for decades now and achieved nothing whatsoever but a huge death toll.

I'm sure you don't agree, but the idea is to treat drug use as a public health issue and not a criminal one. See Portugal as the case study. 

Simple possession of any drug shouldn't land you in jail. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Do you think that's a majority of what a cop does?

Do you have a replacement for police doing it?

Or handing out tickets to people going 20 kms/h over? 

Who are you going to use for this? Bearing in mind that sometimes when you go up to a car to give a ticket they shoot you in the face? That's assuming they even stop, which, if it's a stolen vehicle, or someone on the way home from a bank robbery, isn't likely.

I'm sure you don't agree, but the idea is to treat drug use as a public health issue and not a criminal one. See Portugal as the case study. 

Simple possession of any drug shouldn't land you in jail. 

I would agree with your second sentence, but trafficking should.

Perhaps some of the police funding can go to keeping those people in said institutions. 

But it won't. Those institutions need WAY more money than we could get by taking some from police.

Coleman Hughes made a good point in one of the videos I posted. He said that you couldn't possibly ever completely eliminate police abuse or mistakes. We're human. We're subject to mistakes, and there will always be a few people who shouldn't be in the profession. Every school has incompetent teachers, or teachers who are just mean and bullies. Every hospital has incompetent doctors and uncaring nurses. Every big law firm has less than ethical and less than competent lawyers. Given that the decision to shoot/not shoot is often a split-second decision made under stress there will ALWAYS be mistakes, no matter what we do.And as long as America is a land of guns, where every glove compartment can hold one police will always be extremely wary. There is no avoiding this. You get the figure as low as possible with training, and then just have to accept what remains.

28 minutes ago, Argus said:

So all the decades work of ensuring drunk drivers are charged is thrown out the door whenever the drunk is black? What kind of hand-wringing liberal guilt trip are you on?

He wasn't driving now was he. 

He was sleeping, in order to not be driving drunk. 

Actually we'll never know exactly what he was doing because he's dead now. 

It's funny, they told him to drive the car into a spot. Was that some sort of entrapment? 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Perhaps some of the police funding can go to keeping those people in said institutions. 

Wrong...they have constitutional rights, don'tcha know ?

Just dump them on the police, along with the drug dealers, drug addicts, prostitutes, burglars, rapists, child molesters, bank robbers, homeless, etc., the finest people anybody would want to work with each day.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Do you have a replacement for police doing it?

I'm not a fan of it, but Photo-Radar is a good replacement. 

I would agree with your second sentence, but trafficking should.

For sure, but criminalizing simple possession has created a huge problem in minority communities. 

Imagine all the people who's lives are ruined because they had some pot on them. And now it's legal. 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

He wasn't driving now was he. 

If you don't like the laws which say that you're guilty of DWI if you're drunk in a vehicle then change the laws. Until then police will enforce the law as written

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

He was sleeping, in order to not be driving drunk. 

He was sleeping in the drive through lane of a Wendys!

The encounter at the Wendy’s began around 10:30 p.m. on Friday when police officers were called to the restaurant because Mr. Brooks had fallen asleep in his vehicle, which was parked in the drive-through, causing other customers to drive around him, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/13/us/atlanta-police-shooting-rayshard-brooks.html

Actually we'll never know exactly what he was doing because he's dead now. 

It's funny, they told him to drive the car into a spot. Was that some sort of entrapment? 

No, it was trying to get him out of the damn drive-through lane.

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Wrong...they have constitutional rights, don'tcha know ?

Just dump them on the police, along with the drug dealers, drug addicts, prostitutes, burglars, rapists, child molesters, bank robbers, homeless, etc., the finest people anybody would want to work with each day.

You just said these people were "released" indicating it's some funding issue, not a rights issue. 

Just now, Boges said:

I'm not a fan of it, but Photo-Radar is a good replacement. 

I asked if you had a replacement for police taking care of burglaries, robberies, shoplifting, vandalism, etc.

Photo radar doesn't do much good if the car is stolen. Do you have a replacement for who will deal with stolen cars?

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Or being violently handcuffed for sleeping in your car or jaywalking. 

Violently? LMAO.

Sleeping in your car? That's another gross mischaracterization. He was in the drive-thru lane. Unless he meant to fall asleep there, he was passed out. My guess is that he didn't pick that spot for sleeping.

When you know you're lying, you should just stop and regroup Boges. FFS.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The cops did not release thousands of mentally ill people from institutions, but are expected to clean up the mess anyway.

Exactly.  Democrat policy has ensured that mentally ill individuals have to consent to any treatment or confinement.  Then they complain when law enforcement has to deal with the ramifications.  

• Like 1