Canadians Need to Support Trump

Guest ProudConservative

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

I've seen no evidence Clinton would have been any friendlier towards China than Trump has been. Oh, yes, yes, yes, there's his 'trade war' which so far hasn't accomplished a damned thing. China's exports to the US and its trade surplus have INCREASED.

As for immigration, and I think you know my position on that, Trump's ham-handed efforts in that regard have only served to move the Democrats way over to the Left. I mean, not that long ago even Bernie Sanders was saying there had to be strong border security. As were all the senior Democrats. Trump has turned many of them into open border types because they don't dare talk about border security lest they be compared with him.

Not true.

Has The Trade War Taken A Bite Out Of China's Economy? Yes — But It's Complicated

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/10/768569711/has-the-trade-war-taken-a-bite-out-of-china-s-economy-yes-but-its-complicated

As for Hillary...

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton reportedly said to investors in a paid speech she gave to Brazilian Banco Itau in 2013"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-hillary-clinton-open-borders-kass-1012-20161011-column.html

Sorry, but these are the two most important issues going.  Trump is the only one fighting back, even a little.

Are you seriously claiming "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere,..." is a bad thing? I hope I am misunderstanding you.

Edited by Queenmandy85

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Are you seriously claiming "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere,..." is a bad thing? I hope I am misunderstanding you.

Open borders, yes, that's specifically related to the Democrats unlimited immigration proposals.  When you don't have borders, you don't have a country.

I am against immigration too, but simply because it is a numbers thing. I would prefer a Canadian population of 12 million. I would also prefer I win the 649, but that isn't going to happen either. When the greenhouse effect really starts to take hold in the next couple of centuries, we are going to have half a billion or more, people coming to Canada. The sooner we have "a future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it," (ie. nuclear power) the better we can mitigate the tsunami of people coming here. The problem is, President Trump is not working in that direction. However, it is not our place to support or oppose the leader of a foreign country.

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Yes. It's a bad thing. It would be a disaster for the more prosperous north, which would be flooded with tens of millions of impoverished, illiterate, unskilled third world people.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am against immigration too, but simply because it is a numbers thing. I would prefer a Canadian population of 12 million. I would also prefer I win the 649, but that isn't going to happen either. When the greenhouse effect really starts to take hold in the next couple of centuries, we are going to have half a billion or more, people coming to Canada. The sooner we have "a future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it," (ie. nuclear power) the better we can mitigate the tsunami of people coming here. The problem is, President Trump is not working in that direction. However, it is not our place to support or oppose the leader of a foreign country.

I don't see the Democrats working for nuclear power either, any more than the Liberals here. And we can't sustain half a billion people coming here without it becoming a shithole like the countries they live in now.

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And here you are poised to carry as much oil as possible for China. Fricken' traitor.

No, not carry, sell, at a hefty profit.  The pusher always has more control than the addict remember?

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You may think you're speaking from experience but no you're wrong. Go ask el Chapo.

Not really.  Oil is a legal product to buy and sell.  And a country isn't an individual.  Nice try though.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Not really.  Oil is a legal product to buy and sell.  And a country isn't an individual.  Nice try though.

By rights it should be illegal to ship oil to dictatorships after this, especially China's. Only a fucking traitor to humanity would do such a thing. 

Figures a conservative right-winger would have no issue with empowering a dictator, especially the worst most dangerous one on the planet. 

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

By rights it should be illegal to ship oil to dictatorships after this, especially China's. Only a fucking traitor to humanity would do such a thing. 

Figures a conservative right-winger would have no issue with empowering a dictator, especially the worst most dangerous one on the planet. 

That smacks of ethnocentrism.  Who are we to tell other countries how to govern themselves?  I say we stay out of other people’s businesses, and they stay out of ours.  Your ideas are a soft from of neoconservatism.  Like Jeffersonian democracies will sprout up all over the world if only we did things differently.  History says otherwise.  Learn from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shady said:

That smacks of ethnocentrism.  Who are we to tell other countries how to govern themselves?  I say we stay out of other people’s businesses, and they stay out of ours.  Your ideas are a soft from of neoconservatism.  Like Jeffersonian democracies will sprout up all over the world if only we did things differently.  History says otherwise.  Learn from it.

Indeed.  all we have to do is  look at the  neighbors to the south........and  see how well it is working out for them. We must remain wiser  ,   . &  we should   re evaluate the influence  we get from the  south   of us too.  Positive relationships must be maintained,   ..but for MUTUAL  benefit.  

Cdns   need to  support their own     more than some external  forces. We can  respect and support the US .as our neighbor........... but   we don't have to support  any of Trumps lunacy.

5 hours ago, Shady said:

Who are we to tell other countries how to govern themselves?  

We're the same people who speak up when the festering asshole down the street is beating his wife and kids.

I say we stay out of other people’s businesses, and they stay out of ours.

No. We make it our business for the same reason we make the aforementioned festering asshole our business and further to that we place tariffs on goods from other countries who don't.

Asked about the country’s approach to relations with China, three-quarters of Canadians (76%) say Canada should prioritize human rights and the rule of law over economic opportunity

http://angusreid.org/covid19-china/

Probably not what you or your buddy Trudeau wanted to hear is it? Note the phrase over economic opportunity? That pretty much sounds like people want to see virtue taking precedent over economics and that people don't even want to sell stuff to China let alone buy anything.

Once China's people reform their government and get their house in order the sooner we can resume trading.

Guest ProudConservative
25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

China doesn't have to reform anything, because Canada and other nations will continue bilateral trade no matter what.

I'm afraid you're right. We're the drug addicts, and we don't want to bite the hand that feeds us.

It doesn't matter what our trade policies are, i'm not buying shit from China, if I can get it some place else for a competitive price.

I'll just spend more time in the stores, checking the labels.

I'm going to look for products made in Africa, and Central America.

Edited by ProudConservative

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

China doesn't have to reform anything, because Canada and other nations will continue bilateral trade no matter what.

China will notice if enough decent human beings finally stand up and say something. It's already happening.

It is already clear that Chinese politics and governance will not be the same after the COVID-19 outbreak. The myth that Xi and his supporters have sustained about the virtues of centralized control has been demolished. Li’s parting words — “A healthy society should not have only one voice” — will remain etched in the minds of hundreds of millions of Chinese, who have seen for themselves that censorship can endanger their lives.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2020/02/18/commentary/world-commentary/political-change-coming-china/#.Xr4R72hKjD4

Many many people around the world are also waking up to the dangers of China's dictatorship too.  I don't think it would take much to trigger a global movement that elevates Li Wenliang to something of a universal symbol for a better vision for the future.

Everything will be reformed in some way shape form or another - nothing and no one is getting out of this unsacthed.

Guest ProudConservative
2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

China will notice if enough decent human beings finally stand up and say something. It's already happening.

That's right eyeball. I'm personally going to make sure hundreds of my dollars this year don't go to China.

I'm going to help out places like Central America, when I go to buy things like clothing, things for the kitchen, and so on.

I'll take a picture of the tags, and tweet #NotMadeinChina

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I'm afraid you're right. We're the drug addicts, and we don't want to bite the hand that feeds us.

It doesn't matter what our trade policies are, i'm not buying shit from China, if I can get it some place else for a competitive price.

I'll just spend more time in the stores, checking the labels.

I'm going to look for products made in Africa, and Central America.

What's the point if you don't give a shit about our policies? You might as well go see if that festering asshole down the street could use a hand or fist disciplining his family.

Guest ProudConservative
6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What's the point if you don't give a shit about our policies? You might as well go see if that festering asshole down the street could use a hand or fist disciplining his family.

I mean were hooked on cheap Chinese crap like drug addicts. It's time to ween ourselves off the China addiction. If i'm unable to influence government trade deals, i'll do things on my own to personally hurt China. I'll boycott them, no matter what... and will continue to boycott them, until their citizens force elections.

There are so many other countries to trade with. It's time to help out other countries, who need those jobs.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Many many people around the world are also waking up to the dangers of China's dictatorship too.  I don't think it would take much to trigger a global movement that elevates Li Wenliang to something of a universal symbol for a better vision for the future.

Everything will be reformed in some way shape form or another - nothing and no one is getting out of this unsacthed.

Changes were happening before COVID-19...to INCREASE trade with China.

It was Canada that specifically traded with "Red China" when nobody else would...at the height of commie beat downs back in the 1960's...to help the Canadian Wheat Board:

Canada offered to sell China food when no one else would do business with a Communist regime

https://www.manitobacooperator.ca/news-opinion/news/canadas-trade-relationship-with-china-built-on-wheat-2/

Guest ProudConservative

China went along with this Plandemic to try and bankrupt their competition, and take over their assets though debt-trap diplomacy. I don't know about you, but I refuse to do business with someone who tries to kill me.

It's high time we reopen our economy... and manufacture our own shit... In the western hemisphere.

People need to watch Infowars, and learn the truth.

3 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

China went along with this Plandemic to try and bankrupt their competition, and take over their assets though debt-trap diplomacy. I don't know about you, but I refuse to do business with someone who tries to kill me.

It's high time we reopen our economy... and manufacture our own shit... In the western hemisphere.

Well, first of all, Canada was never very independent from foreign investment and manufacturing base.    "Western hemisphere" is just code for previous trade dependencies that pre-date a surging China.    Canada may be able to bring back some token efforts for critical supply chains, but it is never going to be a major manufacturer at even previous levels ever again.

As for China and existing world supply chains, Canada has very little leverage and can only hope that other international partners will play along...and most won't.

Trump's attempt to take on China have been met with mostly criticism in Canada (e.g. tariffs), while offering very little to put up a fight at all.

Guest ProudConservative
12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, first of all, Canada was never very independent from foreign investment and manufacturing base.    "Western hemisphere" is just code for previous trade dependencies that pre-date a surging China.    Canada may be able to bring back some token efforts for critical supply chains, but it is never going to be a major manufacturer at even previous levels ever again.

As for China and existing world supply chains, Canada has very little leverage and can only hope that other international partners will play along...and most won't.

Trump's attempt to take on China have been met with mostly criticism in Canada (e.g. tariffs), while offering very little to put up a fight at all.

You see I don't want to see China just scarred, I want to see them totally F@cked up. Can we please unite together, and hurt them extra good? As far as i'm concerned, the citizen of China don't deserve our mercy, until they figure out how to have elections.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

You see I don't want to see China just scarred, I want to see them totally F@cked up. Can we please unite together, and hurt them extra good?

No, that is not going to happen, mostly because of Asia, Africa, and Europe....and increasingly Central and South America.

Hurting China really good would have many unintended (negative) consequences.   The best you can hope for is a more compliant and balanced trade regime.