"United" States?

4 hours ago, Tdot said:

You say it was true before COVID 19, eh?  Which states?? And, in what capacities?

California has long had inspection stations to protect agriculture and other unlawful entry.   Anyone driving on Interstate 15 South from Nevada to California would have encountered the Yermo inspection station, since moved to Primm NV (at the state border).    I have been through it many times since the 1970's.   Arizona and New Mexico also have such inspection stations.

Calif_Ag_station_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c

48 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

California has long had inspection stations to protect agriculture and other unlawful entry.   Anyone driving on Interstate 15 South from Nevada to California would have encountered the Yermo inspection station, since moved to Primm NV (at the state border).    I have been through it many times since the 1970's.   Arizona and New Mexico also have such inspection stations.

Calif_Ag_station_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c

Okay, cool.  But is that station really about barriers, or state's separation/state's isolating themselves?  That inspection station seems like it's purpose does not regard what state the driver is coming from nor remaining within.

Edited by Tdot

1 minute ago, Tdot said:

Okay, cool.  But is that station really about barriers, or state's separation/state's isolating themselves?  That station seems like it's purpose does not regard what state the driver is coming from nor remaining within.

It is a barrier to unlawful entry for several things, including illegals.    If the California governor wanted to target specific states, he/she could easily do so via license plates or direct questioning.   They do ask where you are coming from to assess the agricultural pest threat.

About Our Stations

California’s Border Protection Stations (BPS) are the first line of defense in our pest exclusion efforts. At these stations, vehicles are inspected for commodities infested with invasive species. California established its first agricultural inspection stations in the early 1920s. Today there are 16 of these facilities located on the major highways entering the State (see interactive map below).

In 2008, more than 22.1 million private vehicles and 7.3 million commercial vehicles were inspected at the BPS. From these vehicles, inspectors rejected over 43,000 lots of plant material (fruits, vegetables, plants, etc.) because they were in violation of California or federal plant quarantine laws.

53 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is a barrier to unlawful entry for several things, including illegals.    If the California governor wanted to target specific states, he/she could easily do so via license plates or direct questioning.   They do ask where you are coming from to assess the agricultural pest threat.

Okay then, that's my bad.  I thought you were talking specifically about states now isolating/separating themselves from each other.

18 hours ago, Tdot said:

Okay, cool.  But is that station really about barriers, or state's separation/state's isolating themselves?  That inspection station seems like it's purpose does not regard what state the driver is coming from nor remaining within.

I have driven thru those inspection stations many times in California. The CBP only ask and want to know if you are an American or not. When I drove up to the booth, the CBP officer saw that I had BC plates on my car and he waved me thru. Never asked me a single question. 

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Like most everyone else these days they do that at the ballot box.

Okay. Although I was not referring to voting. I was referring to here in, real time, where states are literally checking license plates for visitors ---especially visitors from Louisiana or NY State.

1 hour ago, Tdot said:

Okay. Although I was not referring to voting. I was referring to here in, real time, where states are literally checking license plates for visitors ---especially visitors from Louisiana or NY State.

Okay. Although I really was referring to political distancing.  It'll probably be inevitable if globalism collapses.  This contagion could easily start spreading to counties within states and regional districts within provinces. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in a lot of aspects.

In a perfect world I'd much rather leave pandemics up to experts from international institutions that have our informed permission to act accordingly but. You'll have to excuse me but I was raised on Star Trek and given it's 2020 and all I would have expected the United Planets to have long since dispatched hospital fleets our way by now. 

Yes I often think we really are that far behind the times.  

Edited by eyeball