Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, eyeball said:

Which makes it far easier to ignore Trudeau whereas Trump sucks at it like everything else he does and makes a spectacle of things.

Trump is doing things his way, which has been more forthcoming than Team Trudeau.

Canadian media repeatedly references Trump and U.S. medical agencies...the CBC just quoted the American CDC on The National for nursing home infection vectors.   Canadians know who Dr. Fauci is.

American media referenced Trudeau only when Sophie got infected.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What does any of that have to do with Canada's dear leader ?

Justin Trudeau is afraid to release actual modeling data on COVID-19 infections and deaths.   WHY ?

Good question. Why would they not just release it?

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

See...even you know who he is.   American media dominates...as always.

Trudeau wishes he had it so good.

His next excuse will be that the federal government is dependent on provincial data.

We at least have you, the lone American, who is obsessed about Canada.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Indeed...obsessed about Canadians who are obsessed about the United States

It never gets old, right ?

It’s fine and good.  The important matters now are logistical in nature.  Government by medical science and social engineering.  It’s the latter part that scares me, because I can see how the virus can be used to stop prosperity, both individually and on a mass scale.  The lockdown we are entering must have a very well-defined mandate.  It must not descend to endless retreat.  When I hear reports of 12 weeks or multiple months more of this, I think we risk losing sound leadership, just as we would’ve been foolish to get back to work for Easter.  This has to be carefully managed.  I think we’re being prepared for the biggest challenges unfolding over these next few weeks.  This is where we have to buckle down and be strong.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s fine and good.  The important matters now are logistical in nature.  Government by medical science and social engineering.  It’s the latter part that scares me, because I can see how the virus can be used to stop prosperity, both individually and on a mass scale.  The lockdown we are entering must have a very well-defined mandate.  It must not descend to endless retreat.  When I hear reports of 12 weeks or multiple months more of this, I think we risk losing sound leadership, just we would’ve been foolish to get back to work for Easter.  This has to be carefully managed.  I think we’re being prepared for the biggest challenges unfolding over these next few weeks.  This is where we have to buckle down and be strong.  

OK...that's fair.   Personally, I am tired of government patronizing citizens like children, afraid to be blunt out of concern over panic and alarm.   It is called a pandemic for a reason.

People who depend so much on government will be the most disappointed when the impossible cannot be done and never should have been expected in the first place.  Those are the ones who will panic the most and add even more turmoil to an already difficult problem.

Having to stay home and watch Netflix is not exactly the London blitz.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah he's more like Captain Picard who doesn't have to say a word to get his point across.

All of these U.S. characters (Trump, Cuomo, Fauci) have more New Yorker street bite and interest at the briefings than the very hesitant and carefully nuanced stuff coming out of the scared Team Trudeau.    The funny part is that Trudeau has to do his tap dancing in two languages, cutting his briefing time effectively in half.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

OK...that's fair.   Personally, I am tired of government patronizing citizens like children, afraid to be blunt out of concern over panic and alarm.   It is called a pandemic for a reason.

People who depend so much on government will be the most disappointed when the impossible cannot be done and never should have expected in the first place.  Those are the ones who will panic the most and add even more turmoil to an already difficult problem.

Having to stay home and watch Netflix is not exactly the London blitz.

Agreed.  I think the pandemic is a reminder that we only have so much control.  We do what we can and live with the consequences.  Perfectionists will have a hard time with this because we’re dealing in probabilities and predicting human behaviour.  The extent of our will to take extreme preventative measures will be in direct proportion to our perceived level of risk.  This is a reminder of our vulnerability and mortality.  In the end, while it will be tragic to see people die, the living will have to move on, as always. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s fine and good.  The important matters now are logistical in nature.  Government by medical science and social engineering.  It’s the latter part that scares me, because I can see how the virus can be used to stop prosperity, both individually and on a mass scale.  The lockdown we are entering must have a very well-defined mandate.  It must not descend to endless retreat.  When I hear reports of 12 weeks or multiple months more of this, I think we risk losing sound leadership, just as we would’ve been foolish to get back to work for Easter.  This has to be carefully managed.  I think we’re being prepared for the biggest challenges unfolding over these next few weeks.  This is where we have to buckle down and be strong.  

There is no way we'll be seeing things go back to normal overnight. This is going to be gradual and it's going to be a transition. Societies and the markets will adapt and are adapting. People will start traveling again, with, of course, extra layers of health check from the point of departure and at the destination. I can see the world coming to a unilateral agreement in regards to how traveling will be conducted. I'm sure faster and more immediate testing will be part of the equation.

What the Canadian and many other Western governments have done in regards to wage subsidies was the right move. Our company is able to continue to function because of it. Our staff will be able to receive a salary and in turn, use a part of that to feed the supply and demand system.

We're going to be okay.

Edited by marcus

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

All of these U.S. characters (Trump, Cuomo, Fauci) have more New Yorker street bite and interest at the briefings than the very hesitant and carefully nuanced stuff coming out of the scared Team Trudeau.    The funny part is that Trudeau has to do his tap dancing in two languages, cutting his briefing time effectively in half.

The tragic part is that a lot more Americans will die because of the same craving for political theatrics you seem to display.

But hey it's your country, I'm certainly in no position to do anything about it.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

The tragic part is that a lot more Americans will die because of the same craving for political theatrics you seem to display.

But hey it's your country, I'm certainly in no position to do anything about it.

Correct....is there a shortage of Americans compared to Canadians ?

Good luck to Canada...maybe spend less time worrying about tragedy in foreign countries until Sunny Ways return back home.

8 minutes ago, marcus said:

There is no way we'll be seeing things go back to normal overnight. This is going to be gradual and it's going to be a transition. Societies and the markets will adapt and are adapting. People will start traveling again, with, of course, extra layers of health check from the point of departure and at the destination. I can see the world coming to a unilateral agreement in regards to how traveling will be conducted. I'm sure faster and more immediate testing will be part of the equation.

What the Canadian and many other Western governments have done in regards to wage subsidies was the right move. Our company is able to continue to function because of it. Our staff will be able to receive a salary and in turn, use a part of that to feed the supply and demand system.

We're going to be okay.

Well I think there are opportunities for improving overall health, safety, and wellness post-pandemic, but if that includes a kind of endless government and media enforced fear of community participation, I think we’ve lost.  It’s not about living at any cost. People fought for freedom because they believed it was worth dying for.  We can’t lose sight of what makes life worth living.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Correct....is there a shortage of Americans compared to Canadians ?

Good luck to Canada...maybe spend less time worrying about tragedy in foreign countries until Sunny Ways return back home.

I think our politicians are generally handling things responsibly because they’re checking their egos at the door and listening to the experts.  I’ll take that over theatrics, even if it’s less interesting or amusing to watch.  

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nobody cares about that except you because they forced cameras down your throat for illegal catch.

Nobody cares about what politicians say or do behind closed doors...recall the spread of this crisis has been laid at the feet of a government shrouded in secrecy. 

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's not worry its opportunity, we're lucky to have such a tragedy so close to learn from.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think our politicians are generally handling things responsibly because they’re checking their egos at the door and listening to the experts.  I’ll take that over theatrics, even if it’s less interesting or amusing to watch.  

I don't think there will be any material difference....this is not a hockey game.

Turns out the "experts" are not doing much better as they learn on the fly.

The mask - no mask fiasco is just one example.    Fundamentals should have been known and acted on much earlier instead of waiting/watching...South Korea.