Trudeau joins North Korea and Zimbabwe against Israel

Argus

It's hard to find better example of just how craven and self-serving the Trudeau government is, and how desperately focused on style over substance it has always been than the recent vote in the United Nations. There Canada turned its back on its allies, and on Israel, to support a motion by North Korea, Zimbabwe, and the PLO in condemning Israel. This was, of course, all part of their extraordinary and expensive effort at getting a temporary seat on the security council.

Why are they so desperate for that seat? Because Trudeau made much of Canada not getting it the last time around, blaming Harper. Now he's terrified that Canada will fail to get it when the vote comes up again, and is throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at every dictator whose vote can be bought and changing Canada's traditional voting pattern to appeal to the likes of North Korea and Zimbabwe.

Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, accused Canada of striking a deal with the devil over its recent support of an anti-Israel resolution.

Haley said Canada’s decision to change diplomatic course and support the resolution at the United Nations in a bid to secure a seat on the Security Council was an example of “cultural corruption.”

In a surprising move two weeks ago, Canada reversed course and supported a resolution put forward by North Korea, Zimbabwe and the “State of Palestine” that called for a “just, lasting and comprehensive peace settlement” to the Israel-Palestine conflict. The resolution explicitly referred to contested lands between the two countries as “Occupied Palestinian Territories.”

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/canada-made-deal-with-the-devil-by-supporting-anti-israel-resolution-former-u-s-ambassador-to-un/wcm/2b37b4c3-3f43-4faf-82ab-2296aeef1041

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Argus said:

It's hard to find better example of just how craven and self-serving the Trudeau government is, and how desperately focused on style over substance it has always been than the recent vote in the United Nations. There Canada turned its back on its allies, and on Israel, to support a motion by North Korea, Zimbabwe, and the PLO in condemning Israel. This was, of course, all part of their extraordinary and expensive effort at getting a temporary seat on the security council.

Why are they so desperate for that seat? Because Trudeau made much of Canada not getting it the last time around, blaming Harper. Now he's terrified that Canada will fail to get it when the vote comes up again, and is throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at every dictator whose vote can be bought and changing Canada's traditional voting pattern to appeal to the likes of North Korea and Zimbabwe.

Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, accused Canada of striking a deal with the devil over its recent support of an anti-Israel resolution.

Haley said Canada’s decision to change diplomatic course and support the resolution at the United Nations in a bid to secure a seat on the Security Council was an example of “cultural corruption.”

In a surprising move two weeks ago, Canada reversed course and supported a resolution put forward by North Korea, Zimbabwe and the “State of Palestine” that called for a “just, lasting and comprehensive peace settlement” to the Israel-Palestine conflict. The resolution explicitly referred to contested lands between the two countries as “Occupied Palestinian Territories.”

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/canada-made-deal-with-the-devil-by-supporting-anti-israel-resolution-former-u-s-ambassador-to-un/wcm/2b37b4c3-3f43-4faf-82ab-2296aeef1041

The US is going full on fundamentalist and condemning us to hell and damnation . 

Seems a bit over the top. 

Damage control in progress ... 

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/PM-Trudeau-says-UN-vote-not-a-shift-in-steadfast-Israel-support-610437

"The government felt that it was important to reiterate its commitment to a two-states-for-two-peoples solution at a time when its prospects appear increasingly under threat,” Trudeau said in a statement.

"But let me be very clear. Our enduring friendship with Israel remains. We will continue to stand strongly against the singling out of Israel at the UN. Canada remains a steadfast supporter of Israel and Canada will always defend Israel's right to live in security. And we will always, always, speak up against antisemitism at home and abroad. You have my word," he added.

• 1 month later...

it's ironic, and really pathognomonic for the wickedness of the vast majority of states today, that only such a pariah as north korea and zimbabwe condemn the terror poured by Israel on powerless and poor palestinians. With the help of western imperialists, the Jews once plundered (the better) half of the territory on which the palestinians lived. Now, the Jews want to plunder still more territory, and the international community says nothing. Wonderful !  And some clowns here want to shame us for canada being at least this time on the side of the more moral and principled position.      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:10 PM, Yukon said:

It's time we stood up to the zionists of Israel. ZOG cannot be allowed to exist.

Why do you use the name Yukon. You think if you use a Canadian sounding name it disguises who you are? Really. Zogs can not be allowed to exist. Finish it. Don't make veiled threats. Explain how you intend to  kill ZOG(s). Explain it. Do you want to use a nuclear bomb, anthrax, please enlighten me. Next when you use your translator try get the verb and adverb or noun and adjective references to both be plural or singular. You might also want to use capital letters. 

Now in regards to the use of the word pathognomonic. It is only intended to be used for a physical medical condition, not any opinions you disagree with. In fact using your reasoning if we were to apply the term that way, which disease then do you have given your desire to kil Zog(s)? You think that is a healthy adjusted response? 

You came on this forum to engage in anti Israel rhetoric recycling yourself with yet another Canadian sounding name. Have the integrity to state what your beliefs are and who you are. Don't male veiled threats and pretend to be Canadian. You are an arm chair terrorist. Its easy to sound tough behind an anonymous name. You come on this board demanding Zionists be wiped out. You have done it before on this forum under different aliases. You know where to find me whatever alias you want to use.

Yah yah, Zionism is a cancer that needs to be wiped out. Oh I remember. The name changes but the hate remains identical. So do the deficiencies in your syntax, grammar, and spelling.

You are precisely the kind of person Argus and I have debated over how to identify and deal with. Oh hell I  just go by smell. I do not need to interview.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rue said:

Now in regards to the use of the word pathognomonic. It is only intended to be used for a physical medical condition, not any opinions you disagree with. In fact using your reasoning if we were to apply the term that way, which disease then do you have given your desire to kil Zog(s)? You think that is a healthy adjusted response? 

Rue, you seem to conflate 2 people, me (Modest) and Yukon.

I don't think that killing israelians is per se a solution to the big injustice made by western-european imperialists by creating a jewish state on top of others homes, and not even to the new mad plundering made now be the ultranationalistic israelian government. It would be already a good thing to see that the Israelis kill less Palestinians. As for instant the victims are the Palestinians . . .  

If we like it or not, the heartless and immoral policies of the Israel are naturally promoting hatred, which hatred if enough time let to simmer in the Palestinians can make the wish for mass killings of Israelis a probable and expected reaction. The Jews by being Jews should have known already better than that, for that matter. . . 

To defend the policies of Israel now equals promoting almost a form of fascism and anyway a regime that impose an ethnic state and an apartheid where that cannot work. These are NOT very Canadian values or practices . . .

As for the scope of use of the term pathognomonic, even google can help you to see that figuratively it is used also in strictly non-medical contexts. But I for one can adopt your humpty dumpty restriction and promise to not use it here anymore. 

As for your question if I am Canadian, my answer is no: I am a Canadian citizen, and I live in Canada, but that as you already know means nothing, because there is nothing specific Canadian to make someone Canadian: no ethnicity, no race, no language and no culture exist, that can unite those people living north of the 49th parallel. Some people still live here because for instant it is better to live than in other places, that;s all. . . That's what makes Canada (as US) a place where there is a state without a people, at least not a people in the sens one can speak of German people, Russian people or Chinese people.        

Edited by Modest

I'm pretty leery of the way some threads are spun to make something sound ridiculous.  This smells like that.

Is this the resolution referred to?

If so it says that the UK Germany and 162 others voted for it.

If I'm wrong then ok but this seems to be the vote referred to.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20191120-after-10-years-of-voting-for-israel-canada-supports-pro-palestine-un-resolution/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm pretty leery of the way some threads are spun to make something sound ridiculous.  This smells like that.

Is this the resolution referred to?

If I'm wrong then ok but this seems to be the vote referred to.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20191120-after-10-years-of-voting-for-israel-canada-supports-pro-palestine-un-resolution/

Thank you for the first sentence. Whatever true direction it comes from East or West so to speak, it has the same intent...but you are dead on. I probably took the bait. Thank you for that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Modest said:

Rue, you seem to conflate 2 people, me (Modest) and Yukon.

I don't think that killing israelians is per se a solution to the big injustice made by western-european imperialists by creating a jewish state on top of others homes, and not even to the new mad plundering made now be the ultranationalistic israelian government. It would be already a good thing to see that the Israelis kill less Palestinians. As for instant the victims are the Palestinians . . .  

If we like it or not, the heartless and immoral policies of the Israel are naturally promoting hatred, which hatred if enough time let to simmer in the Palestinians can make the wish for mass killings of Israelis a probable and expected reaction. The Jews by being Jews should have known already better than that, for that matter. . . 

To defend the policies of Israel now equals promoting almost a form of fascism and anyway a regime that impose an ethnic state and an apartheid where that cannot work. These are NOT very Canadian values or practices . . .

As for the scope of use of the term pathognomonic, even google can help you to see that figuratively it is used also in strictly non-medical contexts. But I for one can adopt your humpty dumpty restriction and promise to not use it here anymore. 

As for your question if I am Canadian, my answer is no: I am a Canadian citizen, and I live in Canada, but that as you already know means nothing, because there is nothing specific Canadian to make someone Canadian: no ethnicity, no race, no language and no culture exist, that can unite those people living north of the 49th parallel. Some people still live here because for instant it is better to live than in other places, that;s all. . . That's what makes Canada (as US) a place where there is a state without a people, at least not a people in the sens one can speak of German people, Russian people or Chinese people.        

Thanks for the clumsy transfer to Modest and the use of the word Israelian.  You clearly want to troll. Do it with someone else.

Edited by Rue

Jesse Brown of Canada land related something awhile back.  Israelis themselves seem to agree on how this conflict will be settled, but the sides are dug in so it's more a matter of time.

After that I noticed that my Jewish friends, when arguing online, represent the spectrum of arguments. Non-Jews who feel like inserting themselves into the argument tend to be extremists, anti Semites etc.  So I'm not needed there.

3 hours ago, Rue said:

Thanks for the clumsy transfer to Modest and the use of the word Israelian.  You clearly want to troll. Do it with someone else.

What appear so "clear" to your benighted mind it is unfortunately simply a fiction: I suggest to the moderators to confirm that I and Youkon have different IPs and different email addresses associated with our accounts.  Youère not trollled, you just have to confront uncomfortable ideas, a situation which seems to be over your can. 

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The pro-israeli lobby here can forgive germany or uk for voting the resolution (for sure, there are in these countries other clowns that scream the tired slogan which makes any anti-Israel stance an anti-Semite one), but they expect Canada, with its traditional servile government to vote as usual. 

4 hours ago, Modest said:

Youère not trollled, you just have to confront uncomfortable ideas, a situation which seems to be over your can. 

Confronting poorly articulated ideas which are stupid to begin with is rarely much effort.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Then the title of this thread is made deliberately misleading as the worst dictatorships are named to have voted same as Canada (and it is Canada not Trudeau who voted for resolution). Why it didn't say Canada joins Germany and UK yo vote against Israel instead?. Purposely to make Trudeau look bad but it is not going to work.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

9 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Then the title of this thread is made deliberately misleading as the worst dictatorships are named to have voted same as Canada (and it is Canada not Trudeau who voted for resolution). Why it didn't say Canada joins Germany and UK yo vote against Israel instead?. Purposely to make Trudeau look bad but it is not going to work.

Trudeau does that on his own but while we disagree on Trudeau we can agree this thread is a sad and transparent attempt to incite name calling.

Regards

Mr. Zog

• Haha 1

Just now, Rue said:

Trudeau does that on his own but while we disagree on Trudeau 

Trudeau was not in the UN to vote. Canada's representative did and that is how it always worked and still work for all countries. Trudeau is an elected Prime Minister of Canada. He is not some dictator who came to power by a military coup or an unelected murderer trying to preserve his regime by manipulation, intimidation, jail and and killing its own citizens. It is insulting to all Canadians to call Trudeau a dictator as many have tried to do.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015