Canada election night 2019

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The constitution protects my liberty and autonomy from Washington, as per the Framers who wrote it.

You know what...your scattered nonsense is tiring.....go take care of your bone spurs coward cult .......and tell us all how you protect everyone ...

2 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

You know what...your scattered nonsense is tiring.....go take care of your bone spurs coward cult .......and tell us all how you protect everyone ...

The impotent rage of butt hurt Canadian man babies is par for the course now, none the less, I don't subscribe to your brand of totalitarianism.

America will continue to prop up and protect infantile Canada, regardless of you resenting your own feebleness therein.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

The impotent rage of butt hurt Canadian man babies is par for the course now, none the less, I don't subscribe to your brand of totalitarianism.

America will continue to prop up and protect infantile Canada, regardless of you resenting your own feebleness therein.

lol...dream on..it was canada that shed blood and treasure in afghanistan because you were attacked on 911 ,not the  other way around. You have a reputation of betraying your allies.

so give up your nonsense.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Name one sillier country.

I will continue the good fight behind enemy lines of this joke of a nation. If you don't like it, suck it up buttercup, or continue the butthurt and prove my point.

You're so brave, "fighting" in a free country without any worry of repercussion.  #KeyboardWarrior

lol...dream on..it was canada that shed blood and treasure in afghanistan because you were attacked on 911 ,not the  other way around. You have a reputation of betraying your allies.

Canada betrayed its own soldiers by sending them into Kandahar woefully unprepared, lacking critical mass and necessary equipment.

Most of the Canadians who shed blood in Afghanistan did so due to criminal negligence and disinterest on the part of Canada.

America mourns them,  but there are limits as to how much America can protect Canadians from themselves.

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada betrayed its own soldiers by sending them into Kandahar woefully unprepared, lacking critical mass and necessary equipment.

Most of the Canadians who shed blood in Afghanistan did so due to criminal negligence and disinterest on the part of Canada.

America mourns them,  but there are limits as to how much America can protect Canadians from themselves.

chuckle

I 'm old enough to remember the days guys like you were relegated to street corners.

chuckle 

I'm old enough to remember when Canada wasn't a repugnant totalitarian life support system for impotent Anti-American rage and resentment and not much else.

The fact that you would invoke the fallen in Afghanistan so cheaply, merely to hurl invective at their American brothers in arms, speaks to the depths to which Canadians have sunk.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimwd said:

Jimwd we don't get a lot of V-Islanders on the forum. I would be interested in your take. Is my impression you guys feel alienated from Ottawa and believe by the time the election vote gets to you its all decided anyways?  Is it a stereotype all V Islanders are worried about the environment?  I have been to V Island twice. Can't say enough about it although Victoria I guess is too expensive for me but I think your island is beautiful. I think if I lived there and not in a large city like I do  now, Mississauga which is really a suburb of Toronto, I think I would be very concerned about pollution and the environment given what happened off the coast of Alaska. I think we in greater Toronto stereotype all V Islanders as hippies and Green Party but I know that is not true. I do though want to hear your take on being a West Coaster and whether you think Trudeau or anyone in Ottawa or Ontario, etc. gives a damn about you. Believe it or not some of us respect you in Eastern Canada when you have environmental concerns or opinions about energy, fisheries, etc.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Jimwd said:

LOL, it was not Canada that shed any blood, it was her soldiers that shed all the blood....and as for treasure that entire conflict was paid out of DND's budget, at the expense of training , equipment, and supplies... most Canadian's had long forgotten this conflict, they left their soldiers to rot with no support or new equipment until the price of dead soldiers had been paid in full.... in a country that most would not even know where to find on a map... Yes we as a nation decided that we to would get up and run , before the mission was completed ….

We did the same thing in Syria, we pulled our SOF guys out before the mission was done.....we ran because that is what our government does best..we have done this with most missions... remember Rwanda, we sat on the side lines and watched the massacre of thousands upon thousands.....we watch the Belgium soldiers  get slaughtered, ya we eventually returned once the violence was done.... but hey not only do we screw over our allies, we also do it to our own soldiers.....One should not throw rocks if you live in a glass house....

27 minutes ago, Rue said:

Jimwd we don't get a lot of V-Islanders on the forum. I would be interested in your take. 

I’m originally from Winnipeg. I’ve been on the island for about 20 years. Yes the Islanders very much left wing and environmentally conscious. I am very much a centrist my self. I don’t particularly ascribe to  any party. If someone comes up with a good policy I’ll support it regardless of who came up with it. I’ve really never understood tribalism. I think people humiliate themselves when they worship the leader regardless of what that leader does. I have far more respect for myself. I think western Canada has always believed that Prime Minister’s tend to cater more to the east because of the large populations. I’m not Sure what can be done about that because the votes are in the east. It’s a complicated world and the only way to handle it is one day at a time.

Marni Soupcoff: What Jane Philpott's loss tells us about the shallowness of voters

The voters of Markham-Stouffville threw away the chance to show that those not living in the Ottawa bubble have a stronger moral compass

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/marni-soupcoff-what-jane-philpotts-loss-tells-us-about-the-shallowness-of-voters?video_autoplay=true

Chris Selley: So, how did all that pandering to Quebec work out for you?

The answer isn’t to pitch nationalist harder, if that’s even possible. The answer is to stand on basic principles and let the chips fall where they may

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/chris-selley-so-how-did-all-that-pandering-to-quebec-work-out-for-you?video_autoplay=true

Terry Glavin: With the federal election over, will we open our eyes to the outside world?

What’s really peculiar about the unworldly parochialism of the just-concluded election campaign is that the opposite was the case in 2015

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/terry-glavin-with-the-federal-election-over-will-we-open-our-eyes-to-the-outside-world

Edited by Dougie93