If majority of Canadians hate America, why doesn't Canada ban everything American?

45 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's great...but more people from around the world are still voting far more with their feet....for America.

Hell, many Canadians flee "safer" but frozen Canada each year for the USA...just like you do.

That doesn’t prevent some 20000 people crossing the border irregularly into Canada from the US each year.  Half of the population here want a reduction in immigration levels. 

You’ve got us with your warmer weather.  Climate change won’t give Ontario and Quebec palm trees any time soon, though BC has them.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

That doesn’t prevent some 20000 people crossing the border irregularly into Canada from the US.  You’ve got us with your warmer weather.  Climate change won’t give Ontario and Quebec palm trees any time soon, though BC has them.  

Not just warmer weather....much greater employment opportunities....compensation...and lower cost of living.

America has always had more sizzle than Canada...still does.

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not just warmer weather....much greater employment opportunities....compensation...and lower cost of living.

America has always had more sizzle than Canada...still does.

Drake, the Weeknd, Alesia Cara, Arcade Fire, Sean Mendez, Justin Bieber, Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Gosling, Seth Rogen, Jim Carey, Dan Akeroyd, Keanu Reeves, Rachel McAdams...many many more   

Anyway most Americans don’t seem to know Canadian celebs are Canadian.  

Our unemployment levels are also at record lows.  Higher wages at the lower end and more public services   

Plenty of sizzle here.  I do like New York a lot, though Toronto is on that trajectory.  

We’ve had these conversations.  New themes needed.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Oh...we (and they) know....we (and they) know they haven't made it big until they make it in...America.

Then many of them get U.S. citizenship and buy expensive properties in the USA.

We know all these things...and it makes us laugh at all the America haters in Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh...we know....we know they havn't made it big until they make it in...America.

Then many of them get U.S. citizenship and buy expensive properties in the USA.

We know all these things...and it makes us laugh at all the America haters in Canada.

Toronto Film Festival is still the best.  I actually enjoy a lot of Canadian programming, but I know that’s not for everyone.  SCTV and Kids in the Hall were pretty good.  I used to love Magic Shadows on TVO before it was canned.  Also the CBC.  Yes I love HBO too.  Game of Thrones is the pinnacle, Boardwalk Empire...American media is great on the whole but there’s lots of fluff, as in Canada. I think we do okay for 36 million people. 

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Toronto Film Festival is still the best.  I actually enjoy a lot of Canadian programming, but I know that’s not for everyone.  SCTV and Kids in the Hall were pretty good.  I used to love Magic Shadows on TVO before it was canned.  Also the CBC.  Yes I love HBO too.  Game of Thrones is the pinnacle, Boardwalk Empire...American media is great on the whole but there’s lots of fluff, as in Canada. I think we do okay for 36 million people. 

Sure...more comparisons to America...it's the Canadian way.   And that's OK.

America is far more than 36 million people....hell...we have more landed immigrants than that.

You do Canada...and we will do the United States.

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure...more comparisons to America...it's the Canadian way.   And that's OK.

America is far more than 36 million people....hell...we have more landed immigrants than that.

You do Canada...and we will do the United States.

Well we do, but if we don’t bitch about our own problems and criticize yours, we don’t have a forum.  Some people make a living off this banter.  

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, Mike Utinne said:

Because you are racist; there can be no intelligent argument with you.

You want to limit or probably, deep down, ban immigrants, aka minorities, in a land that is not yours and in which foreigners have built!

You judge immigrants on hearsay, pointing out that they are the cause of most of the problems in Canada and that white people are simply victims.

That is racist right there and for all we know, most of these problems could be caused the white people.

Do you realize how duplicitous you are being ?

You start a thread based on prejudice, discrimination and irrational hatred of a people and then point the finger at someone else and call them racist.

22 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

To most Canadians the Right to Bear Arms is the downside of America.

Oooooooh, it's like one of em' Quora users! It's like a dream come true for me!

Are you going to criticize that they don't have..... what do you call it again..... universal healthcare...... is that the one?

We like the dynamic economy and creativity, but the combination of weaponry and neglect of the have-nots has created a climate of fear and danger that no sensible people should want.

AAAAAAHHHHHH! IT IS A DREAM COME TRUE!

QUORA, QUORA, QUORA, QUORA!

But if you bully weaker powers through unreasonable tariffs, such as the ones on Canadian steel and aluminum, eventually little bro won’t want to come to family gatherings.  

I like you because definitely talk like a Quora user.

Now..... if that were true, how come the noble Canadians did not come to the rescue of those weaker bullied powers?

And don't give me the whole "they are too powerful" argument please.

Everyone knows that Canada can easily ally themselves with whatever nation they want or the world for that matter and put an to the US's existence, so why hasn't Canada done that?

Canadians have been given reason to question the reliability of that relationship in recent years.  

Okay, so why doesn't Canada sever ties with the US and kick everything out and urge the rest of the world to do that?

Do you not realize that they are making money off of you!?

If there is a God out there, thank you for giving me miss Zeitgeist..... she truly mimics Quora users.

21 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

NATO has been drawn on to support the US after it was attacked on 9/11. 

Which is stupid because I thought majority of NATO members were against it!?

Why didn't Canada and Europe refuse?

Why didn't Canada and Europe turned on the US?

Why didn't Canada and Europe stopped the US from invading Iraq which could have saved hundreds of thousands of people and prevented this whole miserable refugee crisis?

Again thank you God for this wonderful gift!

Canada is freer than America, safer too. 

YES! YES! Oh my God! Oh sweet Jesus thank you, THANK YOU!

Okay miss Zeitgeist..... if the US is a dangerous nation not only to themselves but to other nations as well, why allow it to continue to exist?

It would be fine if they contained this danger to themselves but if thy spread it to other peoples as well....... you definitely should stop them, by force if necessary, don't you think?

bales_tighter_AP110823029175.jpg

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

That doesn’t prevent some 20000 people crossing the border irregularly into Canada from the US each year.  Half of the population here want a reduction in immigration levels.

Again, problems that would not exists if Canadians stopped whining about it and actually started doing something about it!

Ma'am, I forgot to mention this...... do you realize that complaining does not do anything? What do you expect anyway? That if you complain hard enough, they are going to listen to you, mend their errors, become a better people and everyone is happy? I don't waste time doing that and neither should you because they are not listening!

What you should do is unite the world and neutralize them! Unite the world, neutralize them! Neutralize them! Neutralize them! Neutralize them! I can't use the 'd' word because this site might get angry.

If they don't exist, all of these problems that you complain about will disappear...... ever thought of that, ma'am?

Drake, the Weeknd, Alesia Cara, Arcade Fire, Sean Mendez, Justin Bieber, Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Gosling, Seth Rogen, Jim Carey, Dan Akeroyd, Keanu Reeves, Rachel McAdams...many many more   

Our unemployment levels are also at record lows.  Higher wages at the lower end and more public services   

Plenty of sizzle here.  I do like New York a lot, though Toronto is on that trajectory.  

We’ve had these conversations.  New themes needed.  

Ma'am, enough with this ego stroking please! This is what they do over at Quora.

Think of ways to get rid of them once and for all!

Edited by Mike Utinne

Some people make a living off this banter.  

You get paid to do this!? How much? And all this time I've been doing it for free!!!!

Oh well but if it helps opens peoples minds and hearts to wanting to annihilate the US and the rewards that come after, that's payment enough, I guess.

Yeah when I read comments like this I can’t help but wonder how many fake Canadians are on here trying to shape public opinion.  Many international organizations have target contribution amounts, such as the UN on foreign aid of .7 of Gross National Income.  Canada contributes .28 of GNI.  The US contributes .17.  

The US spends about 4.5% of GNP on defence   Why?   It’s more than double the percentage of the second place donor country.  NATO has been drawn on to support the US after it was attacked on 9/11.  No doubt the military force available to attack the Taliban far outstripped the need.  Cut the US military expenditures in half and, when combined with NATO allies, the military might is formidable and beyond what China and Russia have at their disposal.

Should Canada spend more on military?  Yes, but Canada made four times the contribution of the US to accepting refugees from Syria.   What actions and contributions pay the biggest dividends in terms of peace and stability?  Canada is still the sixth largest contributor to NATO:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi-lIbNmo3iAhWtVN8KHdZ1BWoQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fniallmccarthy%2F2018%2F07%2F10%2Fdefense-expenditure-of-nato-members-visualized-infographic%2F&psig=AOvVaw0yGaQZc1G4vThhQO_HmX2p&ust=1557448682445741

I might be a lot of things but a fake Canadian come on, and shaping public opinion WTF .....there is only a small percentage of Canadians that support our military and their roles they play with in our nation, the majority have already made up their minds.....and fully supporting our military is not in the cards, that said there are very little public opinions to be swayed period....

what does it take to be declared an official Canadian anyways ?, does serving in the CAF count for anything, probably not only terrorist get credit for stuff like that....How about a birth certificate ? pass port ? 

Not sure what your trying to prove with your numbers here, but lets clarify something right now, Canada has donated just over 76 million dollars/ 2.73 % of total UN budget in 2019....The US has donated 674 Million or 22 % of total UN budget....you can play number games all day, but at the end of the day the US always pays out more than any other nation, plus on top of all that it contributes more to Inter nation disasters, etc....so to sit there and say the US is not paying out it's share is retarded....https://undocs.org/en/ST/ADM/SER.B/992

Why does the US spend so much money on defense, it seems everyone has elected the US to be the worlds policemen that and freeloaders like ourselves certainly don't help matters when it comes to things like every defense pact they have signed onto , they end up with the majority of the burden to support those agreements.... and when most are not paying out what they should , who could blame them the US for becoming a little upset....

The US would love to cut military spending in half if the rest of us would step up and pay our share....

Every Canadian citizen tells this tale , Should we be spending more on the military....well yes sir we should...But thats all lip service when it comes to making the budget...and if the people don't force the topic then the politicians are not going to spend one dime more....Just watch the cons promise the moon, in campaign speeches, like new planes, new subs, new this , new that, and when they get behind the desk it's going to be holy shit did the liberals really screw things up, sorry Canadians we can't deliver on our promises....this is the way it has run for years....we be lucky to see some movement on the new ships, and we might get an interim fighter....

Thats all you got is Canada accepted more Syrian refugees than Canada, I'm sure we could fill a book on what the US contributes more to than Canada....thats is half our problem, we are all talk and no action.....we are like that small barking dog next to spike....can I get the ball spike , can I, can I....

At the end of the DAY Canada agreed to the latest NATO obligations which state all members have to spend 2 % of GDP on their military because NATO members have cashed in on the peace bonds for to long and has threatened NATO over all effectiveness....and despite signing that agreement  Justin has told the UN nah not going to do that, you'll have to settle with just above 1 %....pissing off not only the rest of NATO, but the US as well who would love to decrease they're spending levels....many Canadians are proud of that, I personal think it is embarrassing, and I'm shocked they are getting away with it....and we wonder why some nations wont let us sit at the grown ups table....frankly it is only going to be a matter of time before NATO tells us to pony up or there is the door....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38573559

https://globalnews.ca/news/4324547/canada-spending-less-defence-nato-report/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/584088/defense-expenditures-of-nato-countries/

https://globalnews.ca/news/3305640/nato-report-canadian-spending-among-lowest/

If Canadians actually knew the state of their military forces you'd puke...and how many capabilities have been lost with no will to recover them...neither by the government nor DND and certainly not it's citizens.

And it's not like it has not been reported in the media, it's full of examples of how bad the military situation is.... 

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I might be a lot of things but a fake Canadian come on, and shaping public opinion WTF .....there is only a small percentage of Canadians that support our military and their roles they play with in our nation, the majority have already made up their minds.....and fully supporting our military is not in the cards, that said there are very little public opinions to be swayed period....

what does it take to be declared an official Canadian anyways ? does serving in the CAF count for anything, probably not only terrorist get credit for stuff like that....How about a birth certificate ? pass port ?

Canada is not a republic, in a monarchy,  the armed forces only defend the Commander-in-Chief, to include defending her from the public as necessary.

Canada is a fake country Potemkin Village run by Bolshevist enemies of the Crown, if the armed forces actually adhered to the oath to HM, they'd mutiny and stage a coup de tat.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

what does it take to be declared an official Canadian anyways ?, does serving in the CAF count for anything, probably not only terrorist get credit for stuff like that....How about a birth certificate ? pass port ? 

Not sure what your trying to prove with your numbers here, but lets clarify something right now, Canada has donated just over 76 million dollars/ 2.73 % of total UN budget in 2019....The US has donated 674 Million or 22 % of total UN budget....you can play number games all day, but at the end of the day the US always pays out more than any other nation, plus on top of all that it contributes more to Inter nation disasters, etc....so to sit there and say the US is not paying out it's share is retarded....https://undocs.org/en/ST/ADM/SER.B/992

Why does the US spend so much money on defense, it seems everyone has elected the US to be the worlds policemen that and freeloaders like ourselves certainly don't help matters when it comes to things like every defense pact they have signed onto , they end up with the majority of the burden to support those agreements.... and when most are not paying out what they should , who could blame them the US for becoming a little upset....

The US would love to cut military spending in half if the rest of us would step up and pay our share....

Every Canadian citizen tells this tale , Should we be spending more on the military....well yes sir we should...But thats all lip service when it comes to making the budget...and if the people don't force the topic then the politicians are not going to spend one dime more....Just watch the cons promise the moon, in campaign speeches, like new planes, new subs, new this , new that, and when they get behind the desk it's going to be holy shit did the liberals really screw things up, sorry Canadians we can't deliver on our promises....this is the way it has run for years....we be lucky to see some movement on the new ships, and we might get an interim fighter....

Thats all you got is Canada accepted more Syrian refugees than Canada, I'm sure we could fill a book on what the US contributes more to than Canada....thats is half our problem, we are all talk and no action.....we are like that small barking dog next to spike....can I get the ball spike , can I, can I....

At the end of the DAY Canada agreed to the latest NATO obligations which state all members have to spend 2 % of GDP on their military because NATO members have cashed in on the peace bonds for to long and has threatened NATO over all effectiveness....and despite signing that agreement  Justin has told the UN nah not going to do that, you'll have to settle with just above 1 %....pissing off not only the rest of NATO, but the US as well who would love to decrease they're spending levels....many Canadians are proud of that, I personal think it is embarrassing, and I'm shocked they are getting away with it....and we wonder why some nations wont let us sit at the grown ups table....frankly it is only going to be a matter of time before NATO tells us to pony up or there is the door....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38573559

https://globalnews.ca/news/4324547/canada-spending-less-defence-nato-report/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/584088/defense-expenditures-of-nato-countries/

https://globalnews.ca/news/3305640/nato-report-canadian-spending-among-lowest/

If Canadians actually knew the state of their military forces you'd puke...and how many capabilities have been lost with no will to recover them...neither by the government nor DND and certainly not it's citizens.

And it's not like it has not been reported in the media, it's full of examples of how bad the military situation is.... 

Canada has one tenth the population of the US and does not pretend to be a superpower.  When necessary, Canada has stepped up and mobilized impressively, and not just in the World Wars where Canada punched far above its weight.  The emphasis in Canada did shift under Pearson to peacekeeping and the demilitarization of the armed forces is a sad story in which many governments played a part.  Read Who Killed the Canadian Military?  Nevertheless military spending is rising.  Canada does contribute more of its GDP to foreign aid and refugee resettlement within its borders than the US.  Within NATO, Canada is the sixth largest contributor and the top five countries have much larger populations.  I recommend a deescalation of US defence spending and a greater focus on solving social problems at home and abroad.  Better international rules on labour, trade, human rights, and the environment will lift all boats and improve US security both from external and internal threats.  Build alliances and support allies with common values.  You catch more flies with honey.  

As for this ridiculous notion of invading the US, just stop.  The US is an ally, and when on its game, a force for peace.  The America First protectionist fear narrative is cheap, miserly, and I hope, unamerican.  If it isn’t and the baser instincts win the day in the US rather than generosity of spirit, that is a sign of decline.  I’m hoping that isn’t the long term trend.  Canada must stick to liberal democratic values and a hopeful narrative because that will win hearts and minds and grow successful alliances more than fear and anger.  We’ll see where the US and China stand over the coming years, whether they turn out to be progressive or retrograde.  Both of these forces are at play in all countries, and it isn’t always clear what represents progress. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

The Big Lie is that Canada has ever fought for democracy or freedom.

Canada's first war was the Northwest rebellion against Louis Riel.

Then against the Boer in South Africa trying to free themselves from the British Empire.

Canadians in the First World War were fighting for Belgium, which was a slave empire which liquidated 10 million  people in the Congo.

Canadians in the Second World War fought for the route through Suez to India, Indochina and the Far East,  another war for  slave empires.

South Korea was no more of a democracy than the North, the ROK was a dictatorship.

The Gulf War was in defense of the House of Saud.

Afghanistan was in defense of the Northern Alliance; child raping gangsters.

Other than the 2 world wars give us an example of Canada punching above it's weight ? please don't drink all the kool aid...As for military spending is on the rise...2019 will see a decrease in our military budget....and the liberals promises of additional spending do not take place until 2020, and we all know that they are not going to be in office, so new spending is going to be dealt by the Cons, which are no better than the Libs really....

According to one of my sources Canada is at the bottom of the list for foreign aid....contradicts some of your statement..as for refugees I think the US brings in more Mexican refugees than Canada has excepted Syrians ….so not sure what the point is here, but hey i'll give you that one, score one for Canada, does that make up for Canada being a free loader on the rest of it's military commitments, like NATO, NORAD, ABCANZ, to mention a few...Not really.

Canada is no where near the in the top 6 when it comes to military spending, those numbers that you see spewed by the government include foreign aid moneys, and other spending not calculated by most countries, and to top it all off most of it's budget is spent on pay...very little goes to OEM, or operating costs , purchasing new equipment, (little stuff) like beans , bullets , etc for training, and then only if units are going operational, the rest of the units suffer, all these operations are costed again'st the Military budget, and eat up a good portion of the rest of the funds....in some cases have thrown DND into the red.........when NATO is reporting it is one of the lowest spenders of all the NATO countries, maybe the globe news is full of crap, think they fact checked the story...maybe not ...

Yes you can catch more flies with honey, but then again sometimes you have to carry a big fking stick as well. 

Not sure where you got that Invading the US thing , but it was not from any of my posts....

Canada's cheaping out on its signed defensive treaties is not winning any hearts and minds...atleast not in any NATO countries....maybe in Russia, China, but according to the dozens of reports coming out of NATO, the UN Canada in reference to Canada is not living up to it's responsibilities. Hence the language coming out of these organizations, for us to step up instead of free loading..

NATO  is obsolete, stop spending money to fund a war between Ukraine and Russia,  it's not our war.

NORAD is obsolete,  the Russians are not going to attack the CONUS over the pole with strategic bombers.

ABCANZ is not even an alliance,  it's just a standardization program which fails to standardize anything.

The rational choice is to disband the Canadian Forces entirely, it's a fraudulent waste of $20 billion a year.

Just let the Americans base a squadron of F-22's at Goose Bay.

Just let the Americans base their GMD ballistic missile defense there as well.

Then all that is left is UKUSSA, but all you need to do is run the CSE out of Ottawa, no troops required.

Fake country colonies don't need a military, return the money to the taxpayers, the Canadian Forces are a Self Licking Ice Cream Cone to no good purpose.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

The rational choice is to disband the Canadian Forces entirely, it's a fraudulent waste of $20 billion a year.

Just let the Americans base a squadron of F-22's at Goose Bay.

Just let the Americans base their GMD ballistic missile defense there as well.

Then all that is left is UKUSSA, but all you need to do is run the CSE out of Ottawa, no troops required.

Fake country colonies don't need a military, return the money to the taxpayers, the Canadian Forces are a Self Licking Ice Cream Cone to no good purpose.

We all know that you want to see Canada dismantled and the anglophone provinces incorporated into the US.  Basically the vulnerable smaller settlements in the north get abandoned.  We also know that the Red states don’t want those provinces that would be largely Democrat to shift America left. I personally think it would be the best thing that ever happened to the US, but I think it would be a blow to Canada’s cultural mosaic and make life more dangerous for Canadians.  So no, Canada’s sovereignty is valuable and allows us to chart our own course, even if we do depend too much on US trade.  I’m all for a freer union of the two countries that allows unlimited freedom of residence and employment.  Keep the border as a security checkpoint.  We don’t need more guns and it’s an internal check on terrorist threats and illegal immigration.  

I know you think the Canadian military is weak, but it has important capabilities that can be scaled up.  Give up that skeleton and you give up those capabilities.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We all know that you want to see Canada dismantled and the anglophone provinces incorporated into the US.  We also know that the Red states don’t want those provinces that would be largely Democrat to shift America left. I personally think it would be the best thing that ever happened to the US, but I think it would be a blow to Canada’s cultural mosaic and make life more dangerous for Canadians.  So no, Canada’s sovereignty is valuable and allows us to chart our own course, even if we do depend too much on US trade.  I’m all for a freer union of the two countries that allows unlimited freedom of residence and employment.  Keep the border as a security checkpoint.  We don’t need more guns and it’s an internal check on terrorist threats and illegal immigration.  

I know you think the Canadian military is weak, but it has important capabilities that can be scaled up.  Give up that skeleton and you give up those capabilities.  

I honestly don't care either way.   Canada is already a colony of America,  it's a protectorate, UKUSSA is the real Westphalian State, Canadian Confederation is a laughable Potemkin Village.

Canada demands nothing of me other than I pay the taxes to Ottawa and Queen's Park anyways, 53% marginal rate, but when you factor in American health insurance it's about the same.

In terms of firepower,  I have the restricted class FAC, so I have both the Remington 870 Express Tactical and a Colt Canada MRR, that's more than enough.

Frankly, I'm wealthy enough to ignore Canada for the most part,  it's just a tethered tax jurisdiction.

There was a time when I would have killed and died for Canada, but I was young and naive.