Hair or Dimples

Trudeau is in a squeeze between the United States and China, and it looks like amateur hour.

Two bullies and a boy scout

I can't disagree but exactly what is it that conservatives propose doing to get Canada out from under this train-wreck? 

Canada’s diplomatic troubles aren’t just with China. We’re on the outs with Saudi Arabia, too....The reason: Boy Scoutism. 

All in all, this week’s events do not inspire confidence that Mr. Trudeau and his team know what they’re doing. Let’s hope they learn fast. Let’s hope they realize that what we need in geopolitics is a lot more realism and a lot less virtue on parade.

Presumably Conservatives have a team of hard-assed pragmatic adults with a lot less virtue on the stash somewhere but so far all I've seen are...dimples. I'm supposed to believe a pair of cute dimples will have more impact on the bullies than nice hair?

Why? 

Edited by eyeball

Just now, AngusThermopyle said:

Then you obviously haven't watched any question period. If you had you'd know that Scheer has a first rate team who regularly run rings around the Liberals and decimate them.

Is that the first-rate team that advised him to display a mind-blowing ignorance of how Google's algorithms work, causing him to foolishly accuse google of some bias for muslim terrorists because its search results displayed his obsession for Omar Khadr?

Was that an example of them running rings? :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Then you obviously haven't watched any question period. If you had you'd know that Scheer has a first rate team who regularly run rings around the Liberals and decimate them.

Anyone can decimate a Liberal these days, but I see you've completely avoided my question. You really think emulating Trudeau will help the Conservatives cause in this thread?

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Is that the first-rate team that advised him to display a mind-blowing ignorance of how Google's algorithms work, causing him to foolishly accuse google of some bias for muslim terrorists because its search results displayed his obsession for Omar Khadr?

Was that an example of them running rings? :lol:

I hope its not the same team that negotiated the Saudi arms deal where taxpayers are penalized billions if Canada bows out and Saudi Arabia gets a free pass for doing the same.   

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Anyone can decimate a Liberal these days, but I see you've completely avoided my question. You really think emulating Trudeau will help the Conservatives cause in this thread?

True on the first statement. He's not avoiding your second question, the fact is there is nothing Trudeau can do but let the foolishness play itself out. Let's be non partisan for a second. If it really is a legal issue, Trudeau needs to keep control of his  minions and remain quiet and say NOTHING to the public and let the legal issues play out in court and let the decision and reasoning of the Judge speak for itself. It may not be the answer you want, but it is the answer. Sure the US and China are phacking around but Trudeau was very rank and amateur as the only 5 Eyes Intelligence Partner, extolling the virtues of Hua Wei while his allies Australia, New Zealand, the US and UK all told him they were spying on the West. Trudeau is an arrogant snot faced child. He thought he knew better about China idolizing this nation. Its a little late now for him to do a damn thing. He should have last year when first warned of this fiasco warned Hua Wei executives to stay in China and advise them of spying concerns. He did not. He chose to ignore his allies and welcome the head of Hua Wei allowing her to live a life of luxury in Canada. It was very naïve. Having his drunk China ambassador shoot off at the mouth should surprise no one. McCallum is a drunk by 8 am. He has no impulse control. His brain is rotted from the booze. He sent him off to China as a cushy assignment after he drank one too many scotch and shot off at the mouth as Immigration Minister.

In the future Canada has to get a lot tougher with China no different than Australia, New Zealand, the UK. Canada should be concentrating on building up trade with other Asian countries. He blew it with India big time so he needs to concentrate now on Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea with whom we have a free trade agreement, Japan, Taiwan, and Bangladesh, Vietnam.

Its time China gets isolated by us and all nations. a boycott of Chinese products is what we need. That and Trump slipping on a banana and dying as his foot goes up his buttox and pierces his brain. Ok.

56 minutes ago, Rue said:

True on the first statement. He's not avoiding your second question, the fact is there is nothing Trudeau can do but let the foolishness play itself out.

I was my first question, he avoided.  Aside from laughing at the spectacle of a boy scout up against two bullies what are the Conservatives proposing to do that would make the bullies back off?

Let's be non partisan for a second.

That's more than the Conservatives have given the issue don't you think?

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

I agree with you, I don't find Scheer anywhere near the level of performance needed to solve the disaster of the Prime Mistake from drama class, but in reality, it is the cabinet that really runs the show.  The Libs used political correctness as the ONLY criteria to choose ministers, and that is something the Cons will not likely do in any significant proportion.  From what we have seen over the last three years, 90% of the current cabinet would be in over their head acting as WalMart greeters.  Then, of course, there is one real problem - Goodale.   That is a man with absolutely no respect for the rule of law.

Edited by cannuck

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

I was my first question, he avoided. 

That's more than the Conservatives have given the issue don't you think?

Corrected on the first. Defer to that.

On the second,   perhaps in the early stages on some aspects yes. However the Hua Wei spying concern was over a year old and Trudeau's fawning over China goes back to last election when he was at a woman's conference.

I also think  we would expect the Opposition Party to be very partisan. Its their job to be but I do get your point.

I think we would all agree, everyone in the gov, needs to shut the phack up and let this play out in the courts and Trudeau had no choice but to dump McCallum who should have never said a word.

I personally think China has become very spoiled and reckless and like the US is finding out there are limitations to just how far it can grow before it implodes economically. What I find fascinating is that the US system sees the multi-nationals use the governments of the West as their agents, while the government of China uses its companies as its agent. Exact opposites but the results become one and the same, a monopoly  controlling supply and demand and prices.

The only differences is the monopoly in China is out in the open. In the Western system, the monopoly is a network of multi-nationals that forms and then dissolves then forms in an ew network then dissolves, in a constantly mutating series of monopoly networks making it very difficult to know who really is in control at any given time. I thinkw e created the word illuminati like any conspiracy theory to make sense and  order out of the true chaos of the ever changing network of monopolies in the West.

I think greed fuels the West, and by greed I mean it not in a negative way but in the true sense, this obsession to pursue control over prices and generate prof no different than in China and both systems are based on the belief that production and acquisition of material determines success, value, and the reason to live.

The problem with material acquisition as your value system is that necessarily its disposable, you have to throw it out to generate new production or the system crashes. I think our material system has done nothing but create a world of garbage or unused,  no- recycled material goods. I think in that sense our economies our extremely inefficient and self-destructive. the garbage builds lie cholesterol in our blood streams and its killing us not so slowly.

Imagine if we channeled just a fraction of the energy it takes to make disposable items and weapons and turn that instead to methods to reuse materials and re-distribute unused, unsold  goods to those who need it.

Wishful thinking.

Its crazy but the energy that has gone into the military industrial complex of most nations could have easily solved any issues we have with the environment, disease, social inequality.

We however our primates. We can't resist  breaking down into competing packs with our Alphas leading us into oblivion.

Give me a whale or porpoise-dolphin any day. Far more superior, the ones still alive.

Edited by Rue

15 hours ago, Rue said:

Its time China gets isolated by us and all nations. a boycott of Chinese products is what we need. That and Trump slipping on a banana and dying as his foot goes up his buttox and pierces his brain. Ok.

Some hard questions no one wants to answer.   Kicking Saudi nationals out of Canada would be nice, but is our government doing that? No and this is how China will be treated, nothing will change.  

8 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Some hard questions no one wants to answer.   Kicking Saudi nationals out of Canada would be nice, but is our government doing that? No and this is how China will be treated, nothing will change.  

Let me know when you get around to kicking nationals from China, Iran, etc. out. Do come up with you list of nationals you want to deport.

That could be a long list don't you think in all seriousness. Also what if those Saudis came here to get away from the Saudi Arabian government?

Call me crazy but deportations might be a tad more complex than you think.

By the way and you will love this, at the current time Canada deports about 30 persons a day. It has no capacity to go higher than that. You know  as we speak Trudeau is planning to allow all illegal entrants to stay in Canada and apply for work visas which in effect tells legitimate immigrants to phack off for following the law properly.

But hey he is sure this will pan out in the ethnic communities and get him re-elected.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

That includes glad-handing China about holding our citizens hostage too?

It's not possible for Mr. Trudeau to take that position and be taken seriously. It is too late for him to establish himself has politically credible, let alone normal. He and his government have made enough mistakes already re: the Chinese debacle. They've stumbled a number of times, illustrating they are out of their depth on foreign relations.

Perhaps the only person who understood the Chinese was McCallum, who tried to use a press event to say the right words that would make the Chinese back off a little. His statements were nothing but empty Chinese-style rhetoric, lots of nice words, reassurance that all will be well and that we are all friends, while making no firm commitments. McCallum's speech followed the three golden rules to doing business with this country: never impose your own values; never interpret acknowledgment as agreement; and don’t assume the people you are talking to have any authority to strike a deal. Chinese understand what rhetoric is. For this however, he was shit-canned, and in a rather inglorious way. This too sent a message to China.

Mr. Trudeau could have done a lot more. He could have reached out personally to his contacts in China, if he had a useful relationship there but he doesn't. Instead, he has taken an adversarial approach by his constant virtue signalling that has alienated him from having a useful personal relationship. There is not a damn thing he can do to remedy the situation, but he can avoid making the situation worse, by keeping his festering clapper shut.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It's not possible for Mr. Trudeau to take that position and be taken seriously.

By China, Trump or Conservatives?  

There is not a damn thing he can do to remedy the situation, but he can avoid making the situation worse, by keeping his festering clapper shut.

So Conservatives would do and say nothing?  How would that help, what sort of criticism would that strategy garner and more to the point would that criticism be helpful to Canada's position or hurt it?

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

By China, Trump or Conservatives?  

Yes, and anyone else who has the keen ability to discern a bullshitter.

So Conservatives would do and say nothing?  How would that help, what sort of criticism would that strategy garner and more to the point would that criticism be helpful to Canada's position or hurt it?

Intelligent people in politics would have a plan, develop relationships. Then in the event of a problem they calmly consult with those who know things. Only a child lives day to day without a plan. A child, and a boy king.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, AngusThermopyle said:

No, that's an example of you using hyperbole and exaggeration. Why don't you watch? Then you can decide for yourself. Oh! That's right, you don't actually want to know, you just want to indulge in your usual verbal fart fest.

Can you discuss politics without being insulting? What did I exaggerate? Or is that just projection again? I await your unwillingness to clarify what you're talking about.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well let's hear it then.

I've already indicated the right approach. No need to repeat myself.

Follow...

On 2/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, OftenWrong said:

... the three golden rules to doing business with this country: never impose your own values; never interpret acknowledgment as agreement; and don’t assume the people you are talking to have any authority to strike a deal.

If you and Mr. Trudeau don't want to understand, and just want be provocative, that is not my problem.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

If you and Mr. Trudeau don't want to understand, and just want be provocative, that is not my problem.

Don't you think the keep-our-mouths-shut plan should also extend to provocateurs, especially when they're also responsible for Canada's governance?  Surely it must warm the heart of China's government to see us going out of our way to divide ourselves.  I'm pretty sure opposition politicians also take an oath to serve Canada and I wonder how much harm they do to Canada's position by acting like a bunch of school yard kids taunting a bullies victim. Do you remember them in school? I don't know about anyone else but I always regarded them as being just as twisted and wrong as the bully.

Whose interests are Conservatives serving here, their own, the bully's, Canada's?  How does provoking Trudeau help exactly?

On 2/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, Rue said:

Let me know when you get around to kicking nationals from China, Iran, etc. out. Do come up with you list of nationals you want to deport.

That could be a long list don't you think in all seriousness. Also what if those Saudis came here to get away from the Saudi Arabian government?

Yes that list can get long, and I stand by it. Sure, kick out Chinese nationals as well. Don't care. Iran? Sure why the hell not. Fuck we should go as far as kicking the USA out of their huge ass embassy in Ottawa. Let's not look stupid and deal with communists and terrorists while claiming to be all about freedom and democracy.

Saudi Arabia, China, Iran, Pakistan, Kuwait, Qatar.. and many many more. I think that's a good start.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:10 AM, cannuck said:

I agree with you, I don't find Scheer anywhere near the level of performance needed to solve the disaster of the Prime Mistake from drama class, but in reality, it is the cabinet that really runs the show. 

Andrew Scheer doesn't have the commanding form of a leader. He may be smart and informed and may make an excellent leader . . . . he just doesn't project that image.

Justin Trudeau is the worst thing that has happened to my country in a very long while. 

• Like 1