NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Paying for faceoffs? Not cool, totally lame.

Like I say, so long as it's at the league minimum and can be dumped to the A without cap penalty, I'm fine with taking a flyer on people, soon as the cap hit goes above $950K tho, it's not moneypuck anymore.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

$1.8 million for a fifteen point guy, not moneypuck, not moneypuck at all.

Yeah, that's too much.

Jason Spezza $700K :thumbs up:

Kenny Agostino $725K :thumbs up:

Ben Harpur $725K :thumbs up:

Martin Marincin $700K :thumbs up:

Anything under $950K is all good, no worries.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Seems like a price that Carolina would match, but sometimes these offer sheets can incite a trade, like if Aho signs it, he's basically saying he wants out, so then Montreal could offer up a trade package instead.

If Carolina doesn't match and takes the picks, that's next level cheapness and stupidity.

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If Carolina doesn't match and takes the picks, that's next level cheapness and stupidity.

Everybody wants to offer sheet, but nobody wants to pay four first round picks, thus an offer sheet which could not be matched still seems unlikely.

Assuming Carolina is going to match, I'm going to say that Jason Spezza is the moneyball value pick of this Free Agent Frenzy.

League minimum $700K is literally nothing, there's no term, no cap hit, so he's basically playing for free.

And yet there's a good chance he can be effective with light minutes as the 4C, and be the QB on the second powerplay unit which needs exactly that.

If it doesn't work out, he's easily waved without penalty.

Dubstep is doing well, considering the mess Two Phones and Hunter Hockey Genius have left for him to clean up.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Assuming Carolina is going to match, I'm going to say that Jason Spezza is the moneyball value pick of this Free Agent Frenzy.

League minimum $700K is literally nothing, there's no term, no cap hit, so he's basically playing for free.

And yet there's a good chance he can be effective with light minutes as the 4C, and be the QB on the second powerplay unit which needs exactly that.

If it doesn't work out, he's easily waved without penalty.

Dubstep is doing well, considering the mess Two Phones and Hunter Hockey Genius have left for him to clean up.

How do you clean up Two Phones mess? With two phones.
D9sRe2-UwAAD3If.jpg
We're gonna need a bigger phone.

Edited by Yzermandius19

I also like the Agostino signing, because Agostino is a guy who will be an impact player on the Marlies, at the same time if you want to call him up, he is an NHL player, so he can be plugged into a fourth line grinder role and Babcock will play him, as opposed to a prospect who should be getting more ice time on the Marlies.

I also like the Zaitsev trade, not just to get rid of Zaitsev, but I think Ceci is actually slightly better than Zaitsev, plus I wanted Downtown Connor Brown to be treated well, and since he likes playing in Ontario, Ottawa was the best place, plus he will get way more icetime in Ottawa, in addition Ben Harpur is a usefull bottom pairing depth guy at no cost, he is at least huge, 6'6" 225lbs.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Top snark Bunch of Jerks, top snark.

Tom Waddel says he's going to take his time rather than match right away, doesn't want to help Bergevin try to sign someone else, so he's gonna delay in retaliation.

Thing is, Bergevin still has plenty of cap room, in for a penny in for a pound, he might as well drop another offer sheet, keep going and see if anything sticks.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Tom Waddel says he's going to take his time rather than match right away, doesn't want to help Bergevin try to sign someone else, so he's gonna delay in retaliation.

Thing is, Bergevin still has plenty of cap room, in for a penny in for a pound, he might as well drop another offer sheet, keep going and see if anything sticks.

Indeed offer $10.5 million and grow some balls Bergevin.

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed offer $10.5 million and grow some balls Bergevin.

That's still matchable, like I'm willing to pay Marner $10.5 no problemo, if he's actually going to get somebody, he needs to go $12.5 and up, like offer McDavid money to Laine.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

That's still matchable, like I'm willing to pay Marner $10.5 no problemo, if he's actually going to get somebody, he needs to go $12.5 and up, like offer McDavid money to Laine.

Carolina is cheap though, they should match that, but they might not because Dundon. Even Dundon will match $8.4 though.

Edited by Yzermandius19

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    NakedHunterBiden

• phoenyx75 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • lahr earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • lahr earned a badge
      First Post
    • User went up a rank