Is Canada ready for new america

Now Canadian media is worrying about the impact of the new Congress in January that will have a Democrat controlled House....namely the impact on USMCA trade deal ratification.    It never seems to end....constant vigilance for what those damn Americans are doing next.   Others wish that Canada would return to its historical position as an American afterthought.

Trade was not a wedge issue in the U.S. midterm elections, but it’s about to become a flashpoint in the new Congress as President Donald Trump squares off against the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives.

And that is likely to make ratification of the recently negotiated United States-Mexico-Canada trade agreement (USMCA) an early test of the willingness of Democrats to play ball with the Trump White House.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-what-will-the-us-midterm-election-results-mean-for-canadian-trade/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Now Canadian media is worrying about the impact of the new Congress in January that will have a Democrat controlled House....namely the impact on USMCA trade deal ratification.    It never seems to end....constant vigilance for what those damn Americans are doing next.   Others wish that Canada would return to its historical position as an American afterthought.

The sad part about it all is that the demoncrats are going to try and reverse everything Trump has put his signature too. Good or bad it is going to cost the American taxpayer's more tax dollars as a result of the demoncrats still trying to fight the 2016 election and still will try to get rid of Trump. The demoncrats have nothing to offer the American people but grief and bull shit and more Russian probes and keep on trying to get Trump impeached. My opinion was that Trump has done no harm to Americans but instead tried to help them to make America great again for them and thanks to Trump's efforts they gave him the finger. There is no doubt about it in my mind that they the people are their own worse enemy. The Joe and Mary six packs always appear to want to get their politicians to shove more of that stick up their you know what. 

The CBC is having a happy field day these days now that the demoncrats have taken the house. Even with the demoncrats in power the so called reporters and journalists of the CBC still cannot keep talking about Trump and running him down. I just wish that outfits like the CBC would just go away and mind their own business about what goes on in America. Thanks to the CBC and it's lies everyone I have spoken too hates Trump. And when I ask why they hate Trump so much they cannot give me a good enough reason as to why. I guess their reason for hating Trump is because of useless outfits like the CBC that told them to hate Trump and it seemed to have worked well for the CBC. Canada will always be an afterthought with the rest of the world. Canada is unimportant as a country in the world like Somalia is. Just a little more civilized. Both have no influence on the world stage. America has it all. The only reason why Canada is recognized by some countries in the wold is because of our generous politicians who love giving billions of our tax dollars away too many of them for free. If Canada did not give free money away then even those countries would never give an afterthought about Canada. It's sad to be living in a country like Canada where all we are well known for is giving away money and appearing to be nothing more than a bunch of suckers. But hey, wat more can I say. :unsure:

Edited by taxme

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

"Meet the new America... the same as the old America..."

I agree. We've co-existed with our American neighbours throughout our history and we will continue to find a way to do so whatever the power dynamics in Washington at any given point in time. A Mexican president once described his country's existential predicament in terms of being "so far from God and so close to the United States." There is, of course, less cultural dissonance in the relationship between Canada and the U.S., however, as Pierre Trudeau once famously noted, we're impacted by the elephant's "every twitch and grunt."  This will never change.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, turningrite said:

I agree. We've co-existed with our American neighbours throughout our history and we will continue to find a way to do so whatever the power dynamics in Washington at any given point in time.

Agreed...the Americans have managed to co-exist with the vagaries of Canada and Mexico as well.