I am the New Minister of Immigration!

Argus

On 9/10/2018 at 11:22 PM, marcus said:

Perhaps you need to understand basic Canadian immigration rules before making comments on it. Here is why I say this.

Why? Just because?

Heh. People can't sponsor their spouses? Don't be ridiculous.

Federal Investor class has not been running since 2014.

There is already a language requirement for majority of programs, outside of family sponsorship, which must be taken before a person can apply for PR.

Already have this. See Labour Market Impact Assessment. Our LMIA program is more strict than the American.

It was never 5 years. Harper changed it to 4 out of 6 years. Trudeau rolled it back to 3 out of 5.

Better put in millions of $ into the immigration programs as interviewing 200,000 a year is going to require thousands of new employees.

Majority of skilled worker program require that the person's education credentials are assessed by accepted credential assessment organizations.

Okay Kellie Leitch. You're going to throw even more $$$ into the immigration program to try to make this ridiculous and useless thought come to life?

What exactly is this value? Your values? You think people cannot lie to get in?

They already can, for Express Entry skilled workers, which is the biggest immigration program in Canada.

There you go. Let out the racist and bigoted thoughts.

Throw them in prison? Let it all out buddy. 

Great comeback!  The only thing missing in the Conservative agenda that wasn't mentioned is the prerequisite of being pure white too, even though it's hinted throughout that rant.. That requirement is always left hiding in the Conservative's closet. They need to be dragged out of their closets to expresss their exclusionist agenda as belonging to the Cons. 

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

"Great comeback!  The only thing missing in the Conservative agenda that wasn't mentioned is the prerequisite of being pure white too, even though it's hinted throughout that rant.. That requirement is always left hiding in the Conservative's closet. They need to be dragged out of their closets to expresss their exclusionist agenda as belonging to the Cons."

Presumably this is your comment (in quotations), although you can correct me if I'm wrong. If it is, good attempt at trying to change the channel to reflect the elitist/"progressive" contempt for ordinary Canadians who express their legitimate concerns about immigration policy. It's unfortunate that you so apparently loathe democracy, which intentionally permits people to hold opposing opinions. Imagine that!

Edited by turningrite
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, turningrite said:

"Great comeback!  The only thing missing in the Conservative agenda that wasn't mentioned is the prerequisite of being pure white too, even though it's hinted throughout that rant.. That requirement is always left hiding in the Conservative's closet. They need to be dragged out of their closets to expresss their exclusionist agenda as belonging to the Cons."

Presumably this is your comment (in quotations), although you can correct me if I'm wrong. If it is, good attempt at trying to change the channel to reflect the elitist/"progressive" contempt for ordinary Canadians who express their legitimate concerns about immigration policy. It's unfortunate that you so apparently loathe democracy, which intentionally permits people to hold opposing opinions. Imagine that!

And so now I loathe Democracy! You really just can't grasp the concept of personal attacks being against the rules. 

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

There's nothing wrong with loathing democracy, I loathe democracy with a passion, democracy is simply a peaceful transfer of power in order to stave off a violent revolution, but other than that, it's repugnant.

Most Conservative actually 'do' loathe democracy. A fascist dictatorship would be much more to their liking. Little Scheer would like to follow the example of the psychopath Trump, but none of the Cons have the heuvos to admit it. 

3 hours ago, montgomery said:

And so now I loathe Democracy! You really just can't grasp the concept of personal attacks being against the rules. 

Well, you certainly don't accord views that conflict with your own even a modicum of respect, even when such conflicting views are entirely reasonable. That's reflective of an antidemocratic mindset. It's an observation that's based on reading your posts on here and therefore amounts to fair comment. Look the concept up.

Edited by turningrite

20 hours ago, turningrite said:

Well, you certainly don't accord views that conflict with your own even a modicum of respect, even when such conflicting views are entirely reasonable. That's reflective of an antidemocratic mindset. It's an observation that's based on reading your posts on here and therefore amounts to fair comment. Look the concept up.

To me your views are just repeated recitation of Conservative pablum and so no, I don't find them respectful in the least.

But good for you! You're hinting at having learned to attack my views, not me!

1.) To me your views are just repeated recitation of Conservative pablum and so no, I don't find them respectful in the least.

2.) But good for you! You're hinting at having learned to attack my views, not me!

1.) As I believe I've told you before - but let me tell you again - I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the CPC so you can can back away from your apparent take on neo-McCarthyism.

2.) Quid pro quo...

Edited by turningrite

8 minutes ago, turningrite said:

1.) I believe I've told you before - but let me tell you again - I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the CPC so you can can back away from your apparent version of neo-McCarthyism.

2.) Quid pro quo...

You're full of praise for the CPC and also full of vitriol and hating for Trudeau. I suspect you're a paid operative for Scheer. You're completely consistent with the CPC fascist agenda in my opinion. 

otherwise, tell somebody who might care.

6 minutes ago, montgomery said:

You're full of praise for the CPC and also full of vitriol and hating for Trudeau. I suspect you're a paid operative for Scheer. You're completely consistent with the CPC fascist agenda in my opinion. 

otherwise, tell somebody who might care.

I think Trudeau is a hopeless idiot and I believe his leadership is a front for corporate globalism. But I'm not a big fan of the CPC either. I didn't support Harper in the last election and actually voted for the local NDP candidate, whom I personally admired. At this point, and given my increasing belief in libertarianism, I'm thinking of voting for Bernier's party in October. But in a theoretical two-way contest between Trudeau's Libs and Scheer's CPC I'd have little choice but to support the CPC. Fortunately, our multi-party system gives us a wider range of choices.

Edited by turningrite

1 minute ago, Charles Anthony said:

Folks, 

Stop making the discussion personal. 

Please stop members from engaging in ad hominem attacks. If I am so attacked, I believe I have the right to respond to the tactic in order to defend my views and reputation. The situation is akin to the oft-noted wife beater accusation. When one is accused of heinous motive, intent or behavior, even if the views one expresses are entirely reasonable, how can or should one respond to such attacks, which are in most cases clearly intended to unfairly undermine the personal legitimacy of a contributor while ignoring the substance of the actual argument? I find the situation one of the most irritating aspects of this site.

28 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Please stop members from engaging in ad hominem attacks. If I am so attacked, I believe I have the right to

You have the right to follow the forum rules and to ignore that which you want censored. 

28 minutes ago, turningrite said:

respond to the tactic in order to defend my views and reputation. The situation is akin to the oft-noted wife beater accusation. When one is accused of heinous motive, intent or behavior, even if the views one expresses are entirely reasonable, how can or should one respond to such attacks, which are in most cases clearly intended to unfairly undermine the personal legitimacy of a contributor while ignoring the substance of the actual argument? I find the situation one of the most irritating aspects of this site.

Report it, ignore it and move on. Do not respond in kind.  

2 hours ago, turningrite said:

Please stop members from engaging in ad hominem attacks. If I am so attacked, I believe I have the right to respond to the tactic in order to defend my views and reputation. The situation is akin to the oft-noted wife beater accusation. When one is accused of heinous motive, intent or behavior, even if the views one expresses are entirely reasonable, how can or should one respond to such attacks, which are in most cases clearly intended to unfairly undermine the personal legitimacy of a contributor while ignoring the substance of the actual argument? I find the situation one of the most irritating aspects of this site.

If any of my comments fit the 'wife-beater' analogy then could you please explain. Could you be suggesting that I accuse you of being a CPC member (wifebeater) and I'm saying that you need to stop beating your wife (stop being a CPC member? 

I can't imagine what else I've said that would give you that impression? And I'm sorry but I have the impression that you are a CPC member because you are so fully involved with promoting the CPC. Call me a Liberal party member if you like, or haven't already. I'm actually not but it doesn't upset me in any way to have you think that! 

I can certainly agree to not labelling you as such if you stop the promotion campaign. But otherwise, I don't think I'm being overly personal by voicing my suspicions. 

15 minutes ago, montgomery said:

If any of my comments fit the 'wife-beater' analogy then could you please explain. Could you be suggesting that I accuse you of being a CPC member (wifebeater) and I'm saying that you need to stop beating your wife (stop being a CPC member? 

I can't imagine what else I've said that would give you that impression? And I'm sorry but I have the impression that you are a CPC member because you are so fully involved with promoting the CPC. Call me a Liberal party member if you like, or haven't already. I'm actually not but it doesn't upset me in any way to have you think that! 

I can certainly agree to not labelling you as such if you stop the promotion campaign. But otherwise, I don't think I'm being overly personal by voicing my suspicions. 

See, turningrite, ^^^ this is all just masturbatory blather, he doesn't have a point, he doesn't have an argument, so there's nothing worth responding to here, so this is the kind of post you can just shrug at and move on,  wait until there is actually something to argue that you are interested in arguing, otherwise, just let him prattle on to himself.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

See, turningrite, ^^^ this is all just masturbatory blather, he doesn't have a point, he doesn't have an argument, so there's nothing worth responding to here, so this is the kind of post you can just shrug at and move on,  wait until there is actually something to argue that you are interested in arguing, otherwise, just let him prattle on to himself.

Well Dougie, it was just my attempt to answer to turningrite's charge against me of using the 'wife-beater tactic on him. Do you have a better explanation of what he could have been on about.

He seems to think that me saying he's a CPC member is libelous? Do you think that too?

(snicker)

Well Dougie, it was just my attempt to answer to turningrite's charge against me of using the 'wife-beater tactic on him. Do you have a better explanation of what he could have been on about.

He seems to think that me saying he's a CPC member is libelous? Do you think that too?

(snicker)

He asked me what he should do in the face of trolling in another thread, so I'm trying to help the guy out.   I don't mind your trolling, I mean, it's unoriginal, you need to come up with new stuff instead of just posting the same thing over and over again, but it doesn't bother me, knock yourself out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

He asked me what he should do in the face of trolling in another thread, so I'm trying to help the guy out.   I don't mind your trolling, I mean, it's unoriginal, you need to come up with new stuff instead of just posting the same thing over and over again, but it doesn't bother me, knock yourself out.

Can the trolling stuff Dougie, or I'll report you faster than you can say, Scheer's a fascist sympathizer! 

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

Can the trolling stuff Dougie, or I'll report you faster than you can say, Scheer's a fascist sympathizer! 

That's called moral dependence, when a child has been so bubble raised that they cannot handle any sort of opposition to them whatsoever, all opposition is perceived and asserted as an attack, resulting in them running to an ostensible authority figure to stamp out their "opressor"

That's not even Millennial behavior, that's like post Millennial  iGen behavior.   You can't be that young, are you?